Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

With Lex there's always some bullshit forcefields

Lex should probably stop installing those, then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Who What Now posted:

Lex should probably stop installing those, then!

Or he should just make the whole suit out of the forcefields. :thunk:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Zaodai posted:

Or he should just make the whole suit out of the forcefields. :thunk:

Superman could just throw him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Source

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lurdiak posted:

That's true of most of his goofy power suit ideas anyway.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Into space? Agreed.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Infinitum posted:

Into space? Agreed.

I feel like if he hadn't been thrown he'd just keep listing all the hosed up poo poo he had added to his bomb for the rest of the day

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't find the follow up pick, but like 20-30 issues later Allen bumps into him floating in space during a fight.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Today's Judge Parker

The art looks terrible. Looks like two mannequins posing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reminds me of Allred :twisted:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

she still suckin

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Samuringa posted:

I'm more surprised that every single cat isn't already a Red Lantern by default

Is there a Lantern based around Sloth? If so that's my cat.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Nonvalueadded User posted:

*Exterior: We see Luke Cage fighting Black Manta, and the fight gets closer (shut up, I couldn’t think of a Marvel black super villain, and it’s always black guys in these commercials)

I think Thunderball fits the bill. He's both enough low level AND intelligent to realize that doing tv commercials is a pretty easy gig to get paid for. Being able to wail on a super like Luke Cage only sweetens the deal.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I think this counts as a funny panel:

Comic-Con Fan Guesses He Enjoyed 60-Minute Panel Of Silently Masturbating Alan Moore Practicing Sex Magic

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Choco1980 posted:

I think Thunderball fits the bill. He's both enough low level AND intelligent to realize that doing tv commercials is a pretty easy gig to get paid for. Being able to wail on a super like Luke Cage only sweetens the deal.

I thought he looks at the world, and wants it all?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Pssh. Get your facts straight Onion, it's Grant Morrison that uses Sex Magick in his ritual comic making. Moore is the one who prostrates himself before a sock puppet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tony Stark, Sex God.

https://imgur.com/gallery/LUddXJP

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

I'm fond of this one

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1003645046514638848

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Let me just break this down.

Clerk 1: probably a closet pedophile.

Clerk 2: haunted by childhood trauma and immersed himself into that culture to escape from the crushing reality of his own wasted potential

Customer 1: Brony

Customer 2: Star Wars fan who loving hates TLJ and won't shut up about it

Customer 3: "i don't have a problem with Sam Wilson being Captain America BUT..."

Customer 4: A woman who is having majorly regretting walking into the store as all conversation halted and she's being stared at in silence.

Customer 5: Muttering to himself about the lack of hentai

Customer 6: An actual, normal person who just wants his goddamned X-Men comics and wishes the clerk would shut up about how X-23 will never be accepted as the true Wolverine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tell us about your childhood trauma, Rhyno.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I thought I'd posted about it but I guess that was in AI. Wrong thread for it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

There's a character limit on posts

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I tried to sell someone on X-23 #1 last week and the customer said 'Psht, that's not Wolverine. It's just girls playing basketball.' Which, hey, that's fun and incomprehensible.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Somberbrero posted:

I tried to sell someone on X-23 #1 last week and the customer said 'Psht, that's not Wolverine. It's just girls playing basketball.' Which, hey, that's fun and incomprehensible.

I figure it was trying to be a "Girls can't dunk" diss but not quite there

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Wolverine cannot dunk.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Vonnie posted:

Wolverine cannot dunk.

Colossus could probably dunk him, though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Zaodai posted:

Colossus could probably dunk him, though.

The Chaos Dunk remains a forbidden technique

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Hey, I want to do my workout. Someone in the Danger Room right now?"
"Logan's in there. He's running his 'Moon Environment' program again."
"Are we going there soon or something?"
"Ha, no. He calls it that to hide why it's set for low gravity. He just uses it to pretend he can dunk."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lobok posted:

”Hey, I want to do my workout. Someone in the Danger Room right now?"
"Ha, no. He calls it that to hide why it's set for low gravity. He just uses it to pretend he can dunk."

He still can’t.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lobok posted:

"Hey, I want to do my workout. Someone in the Danger Room right now?"
With all the deadly bloodsport in fiction.

I'm amazed there are hardly any people trying to recreate GUTS or Legends of the Hidden Temple and run with it.

"Okay New Mutants, first one to dunk more times than Wolverine attached to a bungee cord gets a sweet backpack and Casio keyboard!"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Section Z posted:

I'm amazed there are hardly any people trying to recreate GUTS or Legends of the Hidden Temple and run with it.
i drunkenly pitched an idea i had for this within earshot of an investor at my last happy hour and he told me he'd be willing to fund it just because he wanted to see how it would go

i unfortunately had to tell him i was way too busy with my current projects to devote any time at all to everything a GUTS gym would take but said i'd be more than happy to act as an advisor to someone who wanted to run with it

we swapped cards, so

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Coolguye posted:

i drunkenly pitched an idea i had for this within earshot of an investor at my last happy hour and he told me he'd be willing to fund it just because he wanted to see how it would go

i unfortunately had to tell him i was way too busy with my current projects to devote any time at all to everything a GUTS gym would take but said i'd be more than happy to act as an advisor to someone who wanted to run with it

we swapped cards, so

If you market it to adults as the fun version of Crossfit (Fun-fit?) You'd be a millionaire. poo poo, make it non competitive to start. Just a 10 foot tall wall, a bungee cord attached to the ceiling and a basketball hoop.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's outdoor parks that are pretty much the same idea and seem to do well. Making it indoor would let it be open year-round, at least.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

CzarChasm posted:

If you market it to adults as the fun version of Crossfit (Fun-fit?) You'd be a millionaire. poo poo, make it non competitive to start. Just a 10 foot tall wall, a bungee cord attached to the ceiling and a basketball hoop.

that was basically the marketing part of my pitch. talk about it as an adventure space for adults and have the ads be suspiciously familiar shots from GUTS. let people make the connection on their own. and gently caress the competitive stuff for most people, yeah. normal circumstances, you just copy their cosmic dunk poo poo or whatever and let people go have fun. you let the space be rented out if people want to run an event or an actual competitive tournament, but beyond that it's just take a number at the entrance, go do whatever, big sign shows the numbers that are being served at any one point.

as far as indoor goes i'm not sure if it would be TRULY year round because the space idea was to pick up a warehouse on the edge of the old town in my city and refurbish that. you'd get enough ventilation there to keep the legally-distinct-from-aggro-crag knockoff from smoking up the whole space but i dunno how expensive it would be to lock down an old warehouse against the elements. that might end up being a phase 2 thing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

With big enough air handlers, enough insulation, and copious placement of VAV boxes, anything is possible. Put some solar on top, get some assistance kickbacks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Goliath girls 1

She has to call her ex to get something, he didn't have it. Not a lot of setup needed i just think that second panel is funny

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rocket's looking for a Celestial heart and he has a map to it shaved onto his chest.

Howard the Duck #2, of the first of two volumes that both began in 2015.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's a hard life picking stones and pulling teats but sure as God's got sandals it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Phy posted:

It's a hard life picking stones and pulling teats but sure as God's got sandals it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails.

To be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Makings Letterkenny's references in the Funnys panels thread is whats I appreciates about you Phy