Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Very serious 2020 contender Eric Holder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
you got to know when to Holder
know when to folder
know which bankers walk away
know when to run

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
remember when eric holder and barack obama were going to team up after the election to defeat gerrymandering

and then obama decided to create content for netflix instead

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The only reason anyone knows Eric Holder's name is because people are mad at him about things, which is actually worse than Kamala Harris' problem where nobody actually knows her name

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

GalacticAcid posted:

remember when eric holder and barack obama were going to team up after the election to defeat gerrymandering

and then obama decided to create content for netflix instead

you never count you money
when you're sitting at the table
there'll be enough time for countin
when the administrations done

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i get that biden is polling highest right now but it seems insane to me that people think he’s actually realistically #1 right now given #metoo and the leftward swing it feels like we’re in

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

New Ides to Make Democrats the Party of the Future

A modern contract must take the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century head on. We recently issued 12 bold policy ideas for the digital economy that would do just that. They would all provide Americans with the opportunity to earn a good life.

One idea, an American Investment Bank, would allow more capital to flow to people throughout the country. Americans are entrepreneurs — it’s time their government buoyed this spirit. If you’re an entrepreneur with a good idea, it will be easier to attract investment capital where you live instead having to move to Boston, New York or Silicon Valley.

A Small Business Bill of Rights would guarantee speed, flexibility, and parity to every single small business in America. For small business owners, it will be easier to grow your business, and navigating government bureaucracy will take a fraction of the time and resources it takes today. You’ll once again be able to better challenge your competitors.

We must provide opportunities to gain skills that lead to middle class wages outside of a traditional two or four-year college. We would dramatically expand apprenticeship programs to create 1 million positions across the country.

they also have this gem

quote:

Universal private pensions would require all employers to contribute at least 50-cents per hour into each worker’s individually-owned, low-fee private retirement account to supplement their full Social Security benefits. A lifetime of work will forever mean a comfortable retirement.

this is absolutely not true. i ran this through a retirement calculator, and for a single person making $30k for 50 years they need to save $219 a month to retire at 67. this program provides $80 a month.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/1020143528263864320

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

:same:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

But did they sit at a table :ohdear:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eric Holder's greatest accomplishments:

- Threatening states who wanted to legalize weed
- Being fine with handing of weapons to drug cartels
- Vehemently defending Obama's use of drone strikes
- Vehemently defending the murder of a 16 year old American
- Tracking and cracking down on whistleblowers
- Refusing to prosecute financial institutions
- Being the only cabinet member in history be held in contempt lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i get that biden is polling highest right now but it seems insane to me that people think he’s actually realistically #1 right now given #metoo and the leftward swing it feels like we’re in

Biden threatened to physically assault the sitting president of the United States, making him by far the most left wing candidate in recent memory and the only choice for adherents of revolutionary people's war

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

mastershakeman posted:

One of the best things about ubi+jobs guarantee is you could spread people out to all those half dead towns of 100k people and less that have plenty of decaying housing stock, while simultaneously reducing the pressure on everyone in America to live in just twelve places to find a job and all driving prices up against each other
Living rurally while doing telecommuting/working from home is cool and good.

I bet Bernie would attend congress from his lakehouse if he could.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

Biden threatened to physically assault the sitting president of the United States, making him by far the most left wing candidate in recent memory and the only choice for adherents of revolutionary people's war

He also has a shotgun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPzr1vzmGY

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

GoluboiOgon posted:

this is absolutely not true. i ran this through a retirement calculator, and for a single person making $30k for 50 years they need to save $219 a month to retire at 67. this program provides $80 a month.

See you're not looking at it from their perspective. Think of all the service charges and fees that can be stacked on to a retirement account that there is no legal obligation to act in the account holder's best interest on. At least half of that $80 a month can be going to the account management firm's bottom line. Now take that $40+ and multiply that by the millions of Americans they could be managing "on behalf of" and your company board will go from settling for a giant yacht that can dock a normal size yacht to some sort of yacht carrier with an entire fleet stored in dry dock. Now that's a comfortable retirement!

Iron Twinkie fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 20, 2018

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

BERNIE/RACCOON 2020

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The neoliberal meme that everyone left behind by the economy just needs to learn coding is some of the dumbest poo poo
Silicon Valley needs an army of unemployed IT workers because the labor market for IT is favoring capital enough yet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

BERNIE/RACCOON 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j2RPmEO92s

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

BERNIE/RACCOON 2020

RACCOON, WHO IS NOT EVEN A HUMANOID

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

quote:

A lifetime of work will forever mean a comfortable retirement

Great! I would love to see a predatory program that does *checks notes* literally the same thing as social security

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iron Twinkie posted:

See you're not looking at it from their perspective. Think of all the service charges and fees that can be stacked on to a retirement account that there is no legal obligation to act in the account holder's best interest on. At least half of that $80 a month can be going to the account management firm's bottom line. Now take that $40+ and multiply that by the millions of Americans they could be managing "on behalf of" and your company board will go from settling for a giant yacht that can dock a normal size yacht to some sort of yacht carrier with an entire fleet stored in dry dock. Now that's a comfortable retirement!

but if they advocated for $2 an hour into the private funds instead of $.50, they and their banker friends could skim off 4x as much, while still providing a nominally reasonable amount to retire on. it's both bad policy and bad grift.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
oh yea for those who don't click through, that list of "new ideas" is written by third way think tank

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Only tangentially related, but the Citations Needed podcast has a really good episode out on how the media and shitlibs silence leftist POCs by calling them Russian dupes btw. Everyone should listen to it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1020342016159502337

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Matt Zerella posted:

you never count you money
when you're sitting at the table
there'll be enough time for countin
when the administrations done

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

ThndrShk2k posted:

Living rurally while doing telecommuting/working from home is cool and good.

I bet Bernie would attend congress from his lakehouse if he could.

North Hero isn't at its most pleasant at some times when Congress is in session, to tell you the truth.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GoluboiOgon posted:

they also have this gem

yeah but think of the broker dealers who then get comfortable contracts to administer this half baked savings plan

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

i like to imagine it's M+E+L telling stalin to shut the gently caress up

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

peter daou's transformation is the only thing keeping me going in this dead, gay timeline

E gently caress YEAH 69 LIKES NICE

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ruzihm posted:

i like to imagine it's M+E+L telling stalin to shut the gently caress up

...are you contending that stalin was a liberal

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GalacticAcid posted:

what if instead of communism, we just were a bunch of state capitalists?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Unbelievable

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
"For the many, not the few" still making us look bad

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The thing that gets me is that if the #Resistance ever got what they wanted and the Republican party's existence were seriously threatened, the GOP would jettison the white supremacist poo poo in a heartbeat and pay the same empty lip service to POC and LBGTQ as Dems do right now, leaving the Democratic party completely irrelevant. A VC lender to hollowed out towns is some Grover Norquist poo poo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

If a beardy dude with glowing eyes says you're a liberal, you're a liberal. That's the rule.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

New Ides to Make Democrats the Party of the Future

A modern contract must take the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century head on. We recently issued 12 bold policy ideas for the digital economy that would do just that. They would all provide Americans with the opportunity to earn a good life.

One idea, an American Investment Bank, would allow more capital to flow to people throughout the country. Americans are entrepreneurs — it’s time their government buoyed this spirit. If you’re an entrepreneur with a good idea, it will be easier to attract investment capital where you live instead having to move to Boston, New York or Silicon Valley.

A Small Business Bill of Rights would guarantee speed, flexibility, and parity to every single small business in America. For small business owners, it will be easier to grow your business, and navigating government bureaucracy will take a fraction of the time and resources it takes today. You’ll once again be able to better challenge your competitors.

We must provide opportunities to gain skills that lead to middle class wages outside of a traditional two or four-year college. We would dramatically expand apprenticeship programs to create 1 million positions across the country.

lol, trump's tax bill taking 20 percent off the top of profits for sole-proprietor and other pass-thru income does way more to "help small businesses" than "attracting investment capital" or bullshit loans.

and dems have been talking about trade apprenticeships for at least the past three decades.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

State Capitalism is actually the height of neoliberalism.:smug:

*gets icepicked in the back of the head*

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

at the beginning of 2003, joe lieberman was polling the highest among dem candidates.

joe lieberman.

who gore picked to be his running mate in 2000, lmao.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
see now, this is good messaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GalacticAcid posted:

gently caress i wish the scene from death of stalin of malenkov calling him a liberal was on youtube