Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

not a cult posted:

the axis of evil

The axis of weasel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1020784271840202752

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

etalian posted:

I liked the Sci Fi Colony Despot look more.

Wear it outside when its a hundred with 90% humidity. No need to report back.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willie Tomg posted:

Wear it outside when its a hundred with 90% humidity. No need to report back.

Well the last time she went out in hot weather it didn't go too well for her or her set of shoes.

It was pretty rich coming from someone who was planning to attack Bernie over his age and health.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I think we can all agree that Hillary would have been better served by just getting out in front of everything by wearing mumus everywhere in 2014 and declaring a War on Pants

and then, hell, america would have been With Her

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Mumu is a good word

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hillary 2016: Down With Pants

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Ace of Baes posted:

Tom Perez is a pod person.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
read the replies for more Jeff Fuckery

https://twitter.com/Atrios/status/1020776229958488064

along similar lines https://twitter.com/DanaHoule/status/1020780930972246017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

gently caress I hate Hillary Clinton so much

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I drove today and had NPR on again

NPR was apocalyptic about the trump-putin meeting

NPR informed the audience that russia was an adversary and not an ally

NPR pushed the narrative that normally the media has a responsibility to present a both sides narrative on issues related to the presidency but that this event they referred to as a "singularity" required a "slightly" different role for the media

NPR wondered aloud to itself why republican voters don't care about the russiagate issue when asked and polled. they then pushed a narrative that it's hard for someone to admit that they were duped and started talking about trump rallies sponsored by that russian internet social media agency

they of course did not allow any counterbalancing views during these segments

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1020777257604976641

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

NPR pushed the narrative that normally the media has a responsibility to present a both sides narrative on issues related to the presidency but that this event they referred to as a "singularity" required a "slightly" different role for the media

NPR wondered aloud to itself why republican voters don't care about the russiagate issue when asked and polled. they then pushed a narrative that it's hard for someone to admit that they were duped and started talking about trump rallies sponsored by that russian internet social media agency

the degredation of NPR as an institution within my lifetime is becoming my personal bellwether for Gettin' Old

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

npr has probably been always lovely you just hadn't noticed it at the time

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

HAMP sucked and banks ignored all its requirements. This did give public interest attorneys a way to block foreclosures, but it was like a single child throwing starfish back into the ocean after a storm.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The new NPR building was partially funded by Fortune 500 companies.

It's basically Pravda for the bad dem centrist faction.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

it's been downhill since they canned bob edwards

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

npr probably said a bunch more bullshit than what i just said. it was only like a 5 minute drive and they already had me really pissed off lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

democracy now was pretty cool back in the day no? i havent listened to the radio in forever

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Willie Tomg posted:

the degredation of NPR as an institution within my lifetime is becoming my personal bellwether for Gettin' Old

I feel like one of the harbingers of this trend was the transformation of the tote bag from an earnest, innocuous gift to a lifestyle accessory.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol at anyone who still thinks Hillary won't run in 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agean90 posted:

lol at anyone who still thinks Hillary won't run in 2020

She still believes in her destiny and also the need make her years of job hopping/Collecting beltway favors payoff.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hillary and biden both tearing each other to pieces over is probably the best case scenario for the primary, although it doesn't seem very likely to me??? it would be cool as hell though

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zas posted:

hillary and biden both tearing each other to pieces over is probably the best case scenario for the primary, although it doesn't seem very likely to me??? it would be cool as hell though

I just want a clown car primary like the GOP one.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Which X-com 2 monster is most like Hillary?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Honestly, I never really understood the Russia ad stuff because I never ever use facebook. From what the facts seem to be, Russian hackers got into the DNC servers, and also bought ads and made facebook groups to fan the flames.

Other than the hacking, it just seemed not as big as the huge ad campaigns.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

This is the worst Ozzfest ever. Boooo! Send out Prophets of Rage!

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Zas posted:

democracy now was pretty cool back in the day no? i havent listened to the radio in forever

isn't npr

is too far left for most stations which carry npr programs, out here it's on the college station playing as an hour-long intermission in Perpetually Stoned Folk Grandpa's early morning/late late late night block

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I hope Hillary runs in 2020 unironically

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
love to TWEET

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

gross, hell no

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
martin o'malley 2020

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

would also make the 'he's too old' thing people use against bernie seem more ridiculous if hillary and biden are both running

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pharohman777 posted:

Honestly, I never really understood the Russia ad stuff because I never ever use facebook. From what the facts seem to be, Russian hackers got into the DNC servers, and also bought ads and made facebook groups to fan the flames.

Other than the hacking, it just seemed not as big as the huge ad campaigns.

they were at least trying to suppress votes, and may have succeeded. they hacked the private company responsible for election software used in NC. there were a very large number of people turned away from the polls in (solidly democratic) Duhram county, NC.

http://abc11.com/politics/elections-probe-did-russian-hacking-effort-reach-nc/2068502/

they also got really deep into the DNC servers, and hacked their website to steal donations.

GoluboiOgon fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 22, 2018

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lastgirl posted:

I hope she does just to see how hard she'd get trounced in the primaries.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

every station is their own thing and they decide what programs to run

a lot of the big programs that people think of when they think of "npr" are produced by a single station in a single city

like fresh air is done by a station in philadelphia but a lot of other stations also play it

the npr affiliate in the place where i live didnt play diane rehm

so the npr station you are familiar with might have ran democracy now but its not a standard thing

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
hillary is like opening up a closet in that new apt you just moved into and finding old moth balls at the bottom

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

MAYO FETISH posted:

martin o'malley matey 2020

freedom and the presidency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zas posted:

would also make the 'he's too old' thing people use against bernie seem more ridiculous if hillary and biden are both running

bernie definitely looks older than both of them even though hes like the same age as biden