Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernie should challenge anyone who's in his age range to a game of basketball. constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it would also be funny to see the younger moderates try to use age as a defining thing, like gillibrand or harris or whoever is trying to stand out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

bernie should challenge anyone who's in his age range to a game of basketball. constantly.

but particularly mccain

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zas posted:

it would also be funny to see the younger moderates try to use age as a defining thing, like gillibrand or harris or whoever is trying to stand out

the young people LOVE rising star joe kennedy iii!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shear Modulus posted:

but particularly mccain

democratic candidate for president in the year 2020: john mccain

(they absolutely would do this if they could)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zas posted:

"I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_J6gmJYiU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

I hope Hillary runs in 2020 unironically

lastgirl your friends and i have gathered here today for an intervention

you need to stop saying these things whenever you walk past paul's discount monkey paw emporium

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

lastgirl your friends and i have gathered here today for an intervention

you need to stop saying these things whenever you walk past paul's discount monkey paw emporium

NO! NEVER!!

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Raskolnikov38 posted:

My name is Hillary queen of queens: Look on my campaign, ye Mighty, and despair!" Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, The lone and level trumps stretch far away.

this motherfucker ain't nev er been to queens

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
soprry this was technically a drunk post in the sense that i was drunk when i posted it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

unbutthurtable posted:

this motherfucker ain't nev er been to queens

1.4 billion dollars later...

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

etalian posted:

1.4 billion dollars later...

i don't know what this means, but i started queens dsa (with a couple others) and i say kill em all

edit: we helped get AOC elected to threadboss if you need credentials for queens dsa

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Shear Modulus posted:

every station is their own thing and they decide what programs to run

a lot of the big programs that people think of when they think of "npr" are produced by a single station in a single city

like fresh air is done by a station in philadelphia but a lot of other stations also play it

the npr affiliate in the place where i live didnt play diane rehm

so the npr station you are familiar with might have ran democracy now but its not a standard thing

It's true, NPR is not a monolithic entity; some stations are good, some are bad

I'm sorry if your NPR station sucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
pokemon go to ozyfest

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Al! posted:

the idea of someone valuing profit yet still becoming a teacher is a pretty funny idea tho

(this is why good teachers don't last in a voucher based school system. they won't cut costs like lovely teachers would)

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I think Russia broke and continues to break dem brains, because we all know what would have happened if Russia had propped up the dems instead of the GOP- the Democrats would have been declared illegal and it would have been a massive scandal.

But the dems think that GOP voters have principles on the matter, that decorum is a real thing. So when it turns out that, no, it doesn't matter, it breaks their brain. GOP voters are 100% partisan monsters, are okay with cheating if it means they'll win, and both the base and party are united by this belief. And this had been obvious for the past decade, if anyone has been paying attention.

They keep giving concessions to a snake, and the snake keeps biting them. "Deal from strength or get crushed everytime" is not just how the GOP thinks of itself w.r.t foreign policy, its how it rationalizes its own behavior in domestic politics. You give the GOP and inch, they take a mile, because compromise is weakness, and weakness is to be exploited.

rudatron fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 22, 2018

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The past couple of experiments in triangulation, running pro-troop (military worship) and pro-life (culturally conservative) dems, and now Russia (foreign intrusion), has been an experiment in determining whether or not GOP voters hold anything sacred that's not white nationalism. And the answer is: no, no there is not.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's true, NPR is not a monolithic entity; some stations are good, some are bad

I'm sorry if your NPR station sucks

This sort of breakdown is used to deflect criticism of NPR. "Oh, no, it isn't the national entity it is this other entity that produced the show" overlooks the entire NPR system and funding. While it has some technically correct aspect, it is a misinterpretation of the underlying argument of NPR as an institution.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

look at this braindead motherfucker

https://twitter.com/HopeHopewh/status/1020810749436989440

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Corky Romanovsky posted:

This sort of breakdown is used to deflect criticism of NPR. "Oh, no, it isn't the national entity it is this other entity that produced the show" overlooks the entire NPR system and funding. While it has some technically correct aspect, it is a misinterpretation of the underlying argument of NPR as an institution.

No, that's perfectly valid; NPR has many, many problems and should be criticized. I'm just saying that listening to a chunk of a program on one NPR station that may or may not exist on other NPR stations, devoid of context, is an awfully shaky basis on which to base a sweeping "NPR is bad."

There are good reasons to say NPR is bad. Let's use those, not the bad ones.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

comedyblissoption posted:

I drove today and had NPR on again

NPR was apocalyptic about the trump-putin meeting

NPR informed the audience that russia was an adversary and not an ally

NPR pushed the narrative that normally the media has a responsibility to present a both sides narrative on issues related to the presidency but that this event they referred to as a "singularity" required a "slightly" different role for the media

NPR wondered aloud to itself why republican voters don't care about the russiagate issue when asked and polled. they then pushed a narrative that it's hard for someone to admit that they were duped and started talking about trump rallies sponsored by that russian internet social media agency

they of course did not allow any counterbalancing views during these segments

wow NPR finally stopped being Right wing

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

comedyblissoption posted:

they then pushed a narrative that it's hard for someone to admit that they were duped

Well that's an absolute psychological truth if you tweak it to be "people will be much more willing to believe anything that means they were not duped"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Duh duhhhh if criticize Democrats, must think Republicans better. Boot go on head???"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Agean90 posted:

lol at anyone who still thinks Hillary won't run in 2020

I don’t think she will. but at this point I dont know if it’s wishful thinking or not. why was she and Tom Perez at OzyFest today?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

She likes to feel important

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

[extremely Patrick Bateman voice] Love the Pod.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I don’t think she will. but at this point I dont know if it’s wishful thinking or not. why was she and Tom Perez at OzyFest today?

ill give you a hint op:

because she's r*****g

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
lotsa succ in this thread

https://twitter.com/hilzoy/status/1020847776391933952?s=21

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

bernie definitely looks older than both of them even though hes like the same age as biden

Bernie looks like a cool old guy, though; he and Corbyn are alike in that way.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

"help us get centrists elected and we pinky swear this time we won't gaslight and stonewall you for 8 years"

*literally 5 seconds after tons of centrists are elected*

"why are you upset that this centrist isn't doing leftist things? he ran as a centrist and only promised to be centrist, try winning some elections next time"

*centrists lose to an even bigger fascist next election*

"help us get centrists elected and we pinky swear this time we won't gaslight and stonewall you for 8 years"

Condiv fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 22, 2018

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"first you have to come together with us and put us in positions of power and only then can we talk about moving us to the left which we won't because we won bitch and we don't have to listen to you oh no what's going on oh no no no TRUMP 2020"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the unite types never ever advocate for supporting leftists. even in districts that are safely blue. that should tell you how devoted they are to being united with us. all they want are your votes, not your politics

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Slay all centrists

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

basic hitler posted:

Slay all centrists

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ruzihm posted:

(this is why good teachers don't last in a voucher based school system. they won't cut costs like lovely teachers would)

https://twitter.com/ozy/status/1020839375247233024

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
good god this poo poo is utterly deranged. read the whole thread

https://twitter.com/coreyrobin/status/1020862006855913473?s=21

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[computer, find that meme about leftists vs neoliberals re: libraries, but in real life and about 200% more succ]

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1020868993131872256?s=19

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cant anyone put their blog on forbes? also forbes is entirely libertarian trash and always has been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

[computer, find that meme about leftists vs neoliberals re: libraries, but in real life and about 200% more succ]

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1020868993131872256?s=19