Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentF
May 11, 2009

bell jar posted:

i'm sure i could make her a rabid leftist

'There is a specter haunting Europe,’ I began, and she started to convulse spasmodically with her own thrashing organs (nsfw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

bandaid.friend posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-22/overloaded-reusable-bags-causing-injuries-for-shoppers/10017294

The reusable bags are bigger than plastic bags, people are putting more in them and have injured themselves lifting the bags from the ground to the car. It sounds like supermarket staff should be trained to half-fill bags, but I imagine there'll be shoppers who insist bags be filled completely so they won't have to buy extras

In breaking news, Australians are morons.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iajanus posted:

In breaking news, Australians are morons.

We are like Americans but without the over the top shithead Christianity. At the moment.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
True story saw someone today carrying a baby pram box in a freezer bag by the handles

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

bell jar posted:

on reflection i can see this post interpreted as an endorsement of her views. what i meant was all her views are made worse somehow by the fact that she's hot
Not actually my problem with your 'hot take'. Here let me spell it out for you: The objectification of women is bad. Wanting to stick your dick in someone is no reflection on them, their views or anything else really. Thanks for sharing I guess :shrug:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
She is an attractive woman and it's relevant because her political opinions and her supporters are facile.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I expected jbp’s standard of attractiveness to be as milquetoast as his politics, I’m surprised about bell jar though

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Birdstrike posted:

I expected jbp’s standard of attractiveness to be as milquetoast as his politics, I’m surprised about bell jar though

Eh it's hard to say she isn't a popular standard of beauty. I only date ethnic chicks though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don't gently caress nazis op

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Do gently caress nazis up.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
When's Tammy Lozenge coming to Australia?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

She is an attractive woman and it's relevant because her political opinions and her supporters are facile.

The same supporters follow every word Rosanne Barr and Ann Coulter say, they don't give a gently caress about looks when it suits them.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Starshark posted:

The same supporters follow every word Rosanne Barr and Ann Coulter say, they don't give a gently caress about looks when it suits them.

also CatHat, who looks like a scrote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I only date ethnic supremacist chicks though.

:monocle:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Starshark posted:

Female Fox News Hosts are almost uniformly attractive and blonde, and anyone trying to get into the market will follow suit.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Problematic

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

bandaid.friend posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-22/overloaded-reusable-bags-causing-injuries-for-shoppers/10017294

The reusable bags are bigger than plastic bags, people are putting more in them and have injured themselves lifting the bags from the ground to the car. It sounds like supermarket staff should be trained to half-fill bags, but I imagine there'll be shoppers who insist bags be filled completely so they won't have to buy extras

I can't believe how people can be so simultaneously cheap as well as lacking in common sense.

Also I do worry about that Southern woman's safety. Right wing wackos aren't exactly known for their progressive and nuanced take on human rights, it's entirely possible she's one bad encounter away from a hospital visit courtesy of one of the very nutcases she solicits.

Also have you all seen this? It's pretty wild - guy has his enemies declared bankrupt by falsely claiming he's properly served them notice of court proceedings.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

froglet posted:

Also I do worry about that Southern woman's safety. Right wing wackos aren't exactly known for their progressive and nuanced take on human rights, it's entirely possible she's one bad encounter away from a hospital visit courtesy of one of the very nutcases she solicits.

its a rather common thing with women who buddy up with the alt-right, and then are shocked to discover that they also hate women

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

froglet posted:

I can't believe how people can be so simultaneously cheap as well as lacking in common sense.

Also have you all seen this? It's pretty wild - guy has his enemies declared bankrupt by falsely claiming he's properly served them notice of court proceedings.

Which Auspol poster was this?

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Female Fox News Hosts are almost uniformly attractive and blonde, and anyone trying to get into the market will follow suit.

Both a deliberate strategy and also probably Roger Ailes' fetish.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

froglet posted:

Also I do worry about that Southern woman's safety.

Yeah it’d suck if the neo-nazi got night of the long knivesed

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Meanwhile Trevor Noah has a joke for the locals

https://youtu.be/rzrnPZNSoqw

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

bell jar posted:

i'm sure i could make her a rabid leftist

A White Male Feminist That Eats Pussy

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I only date ethnic chicks, though

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I have successfully opted out from MyHealthRecord

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
4chan turned on southern when they found out she used to date a muslim and has a hotter sister

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
who cares how many bags it's in because I'm going to be carrying all of it anyway :colbert:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

I have successfully opted out from MyHealthRecord

Wish I could opt out of your posts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Wish I could opt out of your posts.

It's too late, I've already sold your data

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Reclines Obesily posted:

has a hotter sister

oh poo poo word?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So Newscorp ran a bunch of by election polls that had a 2pp if Bill was leader or if Albo was leader.

BILL Shorten is facing an early political assassination amid devastating new polls revealing he could lose two critical by-elections that would be safe if Labor’s grassroots hero Anthony Albanese was leader.

A super Saturday of five by-elections this weekend are focused on Longman in Queensland and Braddon in Tasmania, with both unlikely to lock-in victors until early next week.

Delays in results or any losses – plus today’s exclusive The Courier-Mail/YouGov Galaxy polling showing Mr Albanese would supercharge Labor to victory across four of the five seats – will give the challenger-in-waiting momentum and trigger a call for a leadership ballot.

On a two-party-preferred basis, the LNP is in front 51-49 in Longman because of an expected surge of preferences from a rejuvenated One Nation, which has doubled its primary vote since the past election to 18 per cent.

In Braddon, Labor and the Liberal Party are 50-50 on a two-party preferred basis, with independents likely to decide the outcome.

Disaffected Labor voters who now support other parties have revealed they would again support the ALP if Mr Albanese was at the helm – in some seats, including Longman, boosting Labor’s vote by 6 per cent.

Polling shows Labor’s primary vote in Longman is 37 per cent under Mr Shorten but would be 43 per cent under Mr Albanese. Two-party-preferred, under Mr Albanese, Labor would decisively win Longman 53-47. Today, under Mr Shorten, Labor is behind the LNP 49-51.

If replicated across the country, the ALP would romp it into The Lodge, killing-off the Turnbull Government’s future leadership contenders.

Highly placed sources have told The Courier-Mail Mr Shorten is calling senior members of the Left to sandbag his support in caucus, signalling he is preparing for a showdown.

And despite former PM Kevin Rudd introducing rules aimed at stopping political knifings, a challenge by Mr Albanese would be simple to execute because the changes are not enshrined in Labor’s constitution.

Mr Albanese, or a delegation on his behalf, could just call on Mr Shorten for a ballot. If he refused, it would undoubtedly be leaked to the media, which would significantly weaken Mr Shorten’s leadership and pressure him to bring on a ballot.

Mr Shorten, who launched Susan Lamb’s campaign in Caboolture yesterday, was supported by senior Labor frontbenchers who said his leadership was safe and he would lead the ALP to victory at the next election.

If former dual citizens Ms Lamb or Justine Keay lose their seats it will be the first time in almost 100 years a government has won a by-election from the opposition.

In Longman, Ms Lamb has increased her primary vote by about 2 points to 37 per cent since the 2016 election.

The LNP’s Trevor Ruthenberg, who was forced to embarrassingly apologise for mixing up the name of a military medal he’d received, has a primary vote of 34 per cent, the exclusive YouGov Galaxy polling released today shows.

That’s five points behind former LNP incumbent Wyatt Roy who lost the north Brisbane seat to Labor in 2016. But on a two-party-preferred basis, the LNP is in front 51-49 because of expected preference flows from One Nation.

At the past election, One Nation preferenced Ms Lamb over Mr Roy but this time it is preferencing the LNP over Labor.

The poll of 578 voters in Longman was taken on July 17-19, days after The Courier-Mail’s revelations about Mr Ruthenberg’s medal mix-up. But it was a week after pre-polling opened, meaning some may have already voted.

About 20,000 voters in Longman have already voted in pre-polls, with more expected later this week. It will make it the biggest booth to count on the night.

Labor will retain Fremantle and Perth in Western Australia after the Liberal Party decided it would not run a candidate.

In South Australia, Centre Alliance and former Nick Xenophon-backed MP Rebekha Sharkie has secured a 12 point boost in her primary vote, the YouGov poll shows.

It leaves questions about whether the Liberal Party will continue its year-long strategy for political darling Georgina Downer. Tacticians never believed she would win but used the by-election as a means to boost her credentials ahead of the general poll.

Mr Turnbull, in Townsville yesterday, played down chances of winning any by-elections on Saturday.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

"Shorten is facing a political assassination after we made up some stats to character assassinate him. "

So if you write a false affidavit, you can get people declared bankrupt. That's hosed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah but I don't think backbenchers are mentally fit to survive such an onslaught. They will just see hypothical numbers and dance to the newspoll tune.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Is Albo even any better than Bill though? Like they are both closer to the career politician ideal, and both likely to sell out the left-wing ideals when expedient (e.g., Albo and business)?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’ve read too much newscorp, hook albomania to my veins

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Some career backbencher after downing a can of Solo posted:

I’ve read too much newscorp, hook albomania to my veins

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Recoome posted:

Is Albo even any better than Bill though? Like they are both closer to the career politician ideal, and both likely to sell out the left-wing ideals when expedient (e.g., Albo and business)?

No but he has a better public perception which is all that matters really

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

All these top stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Perception is reality

Do not question the narrative

• Locked thread