Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

what does malicious communication entail

ur posting

(Legal definition is communication over a telecommunication service - e.g. phone, email, whatever which causes distress to the recipient or disrupts their use of the service)

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
every thing you post may be held against ypu in a court of law

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Not putting trigger warnings on your LGBTQA blog about mobility scooters

hey no empty quoting

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

every thing you post may be held against ypu in a court of law

You are probably joking but that's actually what it means. Its anything from neonazi ranting to posting song lyrics on instagram

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Byolante posted:

Its anything from neonazi ranting to posting song lyrics on instagram

Morrissey's hosed

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Blue Star Error posted:

Morrissey's hosed

actually if you listen closely to his lyrics, you'll note that he hasn't

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

Hahahaha

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

trem_two posted:

nice

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

trem_two posted:

:laffo:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trem_two posted:

:vince:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
After all the drama Ozil produces this wet fart lmao

https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088/status/1020984884431638528?s=19

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

His agent ghostwrote the poo poo out of that plus that open letter to Martin Keown, but that's a real good agent

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Vegetable posted:

His agent ghostwrote the poo poo out of that plus that open letter to Martin Keown, but that's a real good agent

Martin Keon hates reading though, so joke's on him.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That blog post where the agent clowned on Keown was so good

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

oliwan posted:

After all the drama Ozil produces this wet fart lmao
What exactly did you expect though?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
"seems to me that when the dictator of the country where all your extended family lives wants to take a photo with you you have a moral duty to snub him publicly"
- German deep thinker

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

brocked posted:

"seems to me that when the dictator of the country where all your extended family lives wants to take a photo with you you have a moral duty to snub him publicly"
- German deep thinker

he’s not a dictator and most people in turkey like him

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

RideTheSpiral posted:

A sizeable portion like him. A further portion tolerate him because they got rich off his back, but the longer Turkey’s economy and currency tanks the more they’ll desert him. A good half loving detest him. By most sensible definitions of the word he is a dictator, even if a decent amount of Turks don’t see much wrong with that because they’ve been made retarded by years of fuckery and control of education and the media. Özil and Gündoğan are footballers and accordingly dumb as rocks and are in that weird cultural no man’s land of being German Turks so I think it’s silly to expect too much of them. They were kinda hosed whatever they did, if they snubbed Erdoğan they’d have been savaged back in Turkey and opened up the very real possibility of ramifications for their family there. Just look at Hakan Şükür.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Butterfly Valley posted:

A sizeable portion like him. A further portion tolerate him because they got rich off his back, but the longer Turkey’s economy and currency tanks the more they’ll desert him. A good half loving detest him. By most sensible definitions of the word he is a dictator, even if a decent amount of Turks don’t see much wrong with that because they’ve been made retarded by years of fuckery and control of education and the media. Özil and Gündoğan are footballers and accordingly dumb as rocks and are in that weird cultural no man’s land of being German Turks so I think it’s silly to expect too much of them. They were kinda hosed whatever they did, if they snubbed Erdoğan they’d have been savaged back in Turkey and opened up the very real possibility of ramifications for their family there. Just look at Hakan Şükür.

it’s probably pretty hard to find people outside Istanbul who don’t like him. (kurds excluded)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Basically all of the Aegean coast detests him. Istanbul isn’t the hotbed of liberals you would think given the large amount of people who moved there from bumfuck villages underneath his rule and attribute their upward mobility to him and his party.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also you can be a dictator and still be popular.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol at Ozil's statement having multiple instances of the word "whilst"

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

vyelkin posted:

Also you can be a dictator and still be popular.

yeah but why should a footballer be obliged to snub a president who he likes and is allowed to like

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

yeah but why should a footballer be obliged to snub a president who he likes and is allowed to like

He's not obliged to but people of think that President is an authoritarian shithead are not obliged to smile and nod saying how nice it is of him to kowtow to said authoritarian shithead.

I do get that Ozil and Gundogan are in a difficult position though since, as the President is an authoritarian shithead, their extended families in Turkey are pretty likely to be retaliated against should they publicly snub the President.

It's really annoying that the President is an authoritarian shithead. It would have been better if he had not been elected with a significant margin in an election where the opposition was prosecuted and undermined, nearly all independent media had been shuttered, and the full state propaganda machine was running full blast. It looks like they didn't even need to resort to the ballot stuffing they had to in the referendum.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
and now
https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1021094202262851585

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
guess he saw both sides of the issue

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

funkybottoms posted:

guess he saw both sides of the issue

It's a sham he wasn't better able to focus on Germany's World Cup preparations.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Mesut Ozil is putting racists in their place by quitting? I'm not sure if he really thought this out.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

yeah imagine secular turks that came to germany in the 1950s not liking erdogan

ozil and gundogun were tone deaf as gently caress

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Brony Car posted:

Mesut Ozil is putting racists in their place by quitting? I'm not sure if he really thought this out.
He wasn't really gonna play in the next competition anyway. Might as well retire on his own terms.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

vivisectvnv posted:

yeah imagine secular turks that came to germany in the 1950s not liking erdogan

ozil and gundogun were tone deaf as gently caress

Wrong! Most of the Turkish diaspora came from lovely underdeveloped towns and villages and might have never been to Istanbul in their lives. They’re ostracised in their new homes for not fitting in and they like the strongman image Erdoğan projects, which they conflate with Turkey as a whole. They generally skew very socially conservative and usually vote 65% + for him.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

Wrong! Most of the Turkish diaspora came from lovely underdeveloped towns and villages and might have never been to Istanbul in their lives. They’re ostracised in their new homes for not fitting in and they like the strongman image Erdoğan projects, which they conflate with Turkey as a whole. They generally skew very socially conservative and usually vote 65% + for him.

I don’t care

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

I don’t care

Thanks for sharing!

Shroud
May 11, 2009
As someone who's family comes from (and partially remains in) a country with an authoritarian regime (Syria), he didn't have any options. Turkey's not Syria, but there would still be consequences, as other posters have said.

Not to derail the thread with politics, but people are also still allowed to like someone who's criticized. There are shades of grey. Turkey had elections, and a majority/plurality re-elected Erdogan. Also, look at the athletes who've been knighted in England, does their knighthood imply that they approve of the English government's actions in Ireland?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shroud posted:

As someone who's family comes from (and partially remains in) a country with an authoritarian regime (Syria), he didn't have any options. Turkey's not Syria, but there would still be consequences, as other posters have said.

Not to derail the thread with politics, but people are also still allowed to like someone who's criticized. There are shades of grey. Turkey had elections, and a majority/plurality re-elected Erdogan. Also, look at the athletes who've been knighted in England, does their knighthood imply that they approve of the English government's actions in Ireland?

Who does he play for

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It isnt that simple. Politics has long had its fingers in sport. The Olympics is a shining example like in 1968 or 1984. Incidentally 1984 is when America helped ruin the Olympics for future generations via marketing strategies.

Fan and fandom is a complicated subject but really boils down to a few main things: emotional stimuli and a feeling of belonging. Players have not been just players for years. They are icons and symbols laden with values representative of their clubs with little regard to their own personal values and opinions.

We, the viewers, use cognitive dissonance to essentially forget that these are people with varied experiences. We mostly arent interested in lives off the pitch and react vehemently to anything that goes against the hegemonic system thats already in place. Players get upset and because sport is an event that isnt bound by language and culture, this creates a juxtaposition against hegemonic ideals.

Remember, this type of sports journalism hasnt been around very long and both athlete and fans alike need to understand the communication between both parties. Sports is now interactive. We the fans help guide franchise decisions across the entire spectrum of sports. We can interact with athletes in a digital space and probably dont realize the full extent of someone shouting racist things at you online because of a decision you made.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Who does he play for

Who does who play for?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Soulex posted:

It isnt that simple. Politics has long had its fingers in sport. The Olympics is a shining example like in 1968 or 1984. Incidentally 1984 is when America helped ruin the Olympics for future generations via marketing strategies.

Fan and fandom is a complicated subject but really boils down to a few main things: emotional stimuli and a feeling of belonging. Players have not been just players for years. They are icons and symbols laden with values representative of their clubs with little regard to their own personal values and opinions.

We, the viewers, use cognitive dissonance to essentially forget that these are people with varied experiences. We mostly arent interested in lives off the pitch and react vehemently to anything that goes against the hegemonic system thats already in place. Players get upset and because sport is an event that isnt bound by language and culture, this creates a juxtaposition against hegemonic ideals.

Remember, this type of sports journalism hasnt been around very long and both athlete and fans alike need to understand the communication between both parties. Sports is now interactive. We the fans help guide franchise decisions across the entire spectrum of sports. We can interact with athletes in a digital space and probably dont realize the full extent of someone shouting racist things at you online because of a decision you made.

actually america first ruined the olympics in 1936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

You'd be great in Putin's PR team