Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I'm perfectly happy with Centrist idiots doing the same poo poo over and over and failing. My biggest worry for 2020 was them actually catching on and just running a fake progressive to pull votes away from Bernie. Let them run Third Wayism even harder into the ground and be permanently irrelevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's not her job to educate you :rolleyes:

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

*Nic Cage starts planning a heist*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlzWcvZPYUM
DAY 2 OZY

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

this was the real highlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4YF18txOFY

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
"Bernie would have won" - Karl Rove 0__0

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's the same poo poo when people say "but under Medicare 4 All, your taxes will go up!!!" without ever comparing that against what people already pay for as a health insurance premium

This is why it's stupid when liberals like to bring up "but when you mention taxes people don't support MfA!" Like, no poo poo, the wording in those polls will imply to the average person that those taxes are on top of what they're currently spending. They're usually not going to put 2 and 2 together and realize that those taxes will be replacing an existing (usually much higher) payment.

A truly representative poll would say something like "under MfA (or whatever) the typical person would pay $X less for healthcare." It would be kind of difficult to make 100% accurate since taxes being less than current healthcare expenses wouldn't apply to everyone, but it would be more accurate than a misleading "would you like MfA if it meant higher taxes?" poll.

The whole situation is a good example of liberals trying to be "a smart, objective, ~data-oriented~ person" but not actually being smart enough to do that correctly (and trying to interpret data incorrectly is arguably worse than not doing so at all).

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm perfectly happy with Centrist idiots doing the same poo poo over and over and failing. My biggest worry for 2020 was them actually catching on and just running a fake progressive to pull votes away from Bernie. Let them run Third Wayism even harder into the ground and be permanently irrelevant
that...probably will happen.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I was chatting with my uncle on the phone just a few minutes ago and as soon as I mention I was canvassing he brings up the loving Scott Horton post uuuuuuurrrrrrggggggggghhhjj

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just read the second one as "Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Bring A Joint" and was imagining them just walking over to some people and smoking up.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
TBH it's very important in regards to digital forensics to have baremetal hardware.

Without it, it's like saying you took pictures of your house and gave it to the cops when they said they had a warrant to search your place and they said that was A OK cus you're such a swell guy.

There's no sense in saying that 'nobody cares' meaning that it doesn't matter/isn't important, granted it's not that important of an issue to keep pushing towards other than a condemnation of the parties involved for letting it play out that way since it's been 2 years and no evidence would be left.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

fighting hard for access to healthcare access

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gio posted:

that...probably will happen.

They won't be able to bring themselves to with any degree of credibility. There's no Obama-level charisma waiting in the wings, their bench was cleared years ago for Hillary and will likely never recover- to say nothing if Hillary likely runs again. Their donors are terrified of leftists and will probably demand doubling down on empty centrism.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They won't be able to bring themselves to with any degree of credibility. There's no Obama-level charisma waiting in the wings, their bench was cleared years ago for Hillary and will likely never recover- to say nothing if Hillary likely runs again. Their donors are terrified of leftists and will probably demand doubling down on empty centrism.

yep. plenty of people have tried to run as fake progressive and keep getting outed the moment even basic poo poo like criminal justice reform or MFA get brought up. they dont have the charisma to buff. gently caress they dont even have the smarts to know what the platfrom is.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

VR Native American posted:

"Bernie would have won" - Karl Rove 0__0

It's 2018 and I can't tell anymore. Did he really say this, implicitly or explicitly, in public or behind closed doors? If he really said/implied it, was he trying to taunt Hillary or brag about not having lost everything he worked for because dems are a waste/mess/controlled opposition?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

obama was the only democrat who was not braindead and could figure out that if he wanted to win he had to tell the donors to calm the gently caress down and let him lie about the public option and closing gitmo and getting out of iraq

and then in 2012 big name dems like bill and booker made sure to say very loudly that this speaking ill of an unqualified agent of destruction like bain capital just wouldn't do!!!

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Tubgoat posted:

It's 2018 and I can't tell anymore. Did he really say this, implicitly or explicitly, in public or behind closed doors? If he really said/implied it, was he trying to taunt Hillary or brag about not having lost everything he worked for because dems are a waste/mess/controlled opposition?

He said that the Democrats put forward the only candidate that could have lost to Trump

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

VR Native American posted:

He said that the Democrats put forward the only candidate that could have lost to Trump

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClickHole/status/977651355421757440

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

hillary clinton wearing a muumuu

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/1021049859430727680

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

TBH it's very important in regards to digital forensics to have baremetal hardware.

Without it, it's like saying you took pictures of your house and gave it to the cops when they said they had a warrant to search your place and they said that was A OK cus you're such a swell guy.

There's no sense in saying that 'nobody cares' meaning that it doesn't matter/isn't important, granted it's not that important of an issue to keep pushing towards other than a condemnation of the parties involved for letting it play out that way since it's been 2 years and no evidence would be left.

bearmetal would be the strongest, fiercest material known

wow!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the focus of the midterms of the Weimar Republic more like it

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

This is why it's stupid when liberals like to bring up "but when you mention taxes people don't support MfA!" Like, no poo poo, the wording in those polls will imply to the average person that those taxes are on top of what they're currently spending. They're usually not going to put 2 and 2 together and realize that those taxes will be replacing an existing (usually much higher) payment.

A truly representative poll would say something like "under MfA (or whatever) the typical person would pay $X less for healthcare." It would be kind of difficult to make 100% accurate since taxes being less than current healthcare expenses wouldn't apply to everyone, but it would be more accurate than a misleading "would you like MfA if it meant higher taxes?" poll.

The whole situation is a good example of liberals trying to be "a smart, objective, ~data-oriented~ person" but not actually being smart enough to do that correctly (and trying to interpret data incorrectly is arguably worse than not doing so at all).

that's why ABDUL! is such a genius in creating this graphic, which bad-dems will studiously ignore (especially in a state in which the leading dem is a tool of blue cross):

from this excellent non-succ story

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Shear Modulus posted:

and then in 2012 big name dems like bill and booker made sure to say very loudly that this speaking ill of an unqualified agent of destruction like bain capital just wouldn't do!!!

what you’ll understand when you’re a little more experienced is that what Bain does is creative destruction, in that it creates a lot of value for its shareholders, and furthermore

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

man the donut crowd is really fucken mad that ocasio stumped for welder instead of lesbian native american (they keep saying this to describe her) sharice davids

also lmao just look at the replies to this

https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1021065356427898881?s=21

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I support checks from the government and balances in my bank account

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tim canova is running against DWS again

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

that's why ABDUL! is such a genius in creating this graphic, which bad-dems will studiously ignore (especially in a state in which the leading dem is a tool of blue cross):

from this excellent non-succ story

abdul rules

https://twitter.com/abdulelsayed/status/1021080180628992000?s=21

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I work with a few super southern former Air Force and Marines guys. They all have like 3+ kids and were like "hell I'd vote for Bernie if he could fix my drat premiums"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Hey how does one get that :deathtoamerica: image?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shear Modulus posted:

obama was the only democrat who was not braindead and could figure out that if he wanted to win he had to tell the donors to calm the gently caress down and let him lie about the public option and closing gitmo and getting out of iraq

The mainline Democrats have been chasing the ghost of moderate suburban Republicans who'll jump ship and vote democrat any minute now for decades now, trying in vain to make Bill Clinton's lightning strike again. Doesn't matter if they alienate the left and depress democratic turnout, they're just so sure there's this untapped wellspring of GOP moderates who can be convinced if only they kowtow snivelingly enough.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The mainline Democrats have been chasing the ghost of moderate suburban Republicans who'll jump ship and vote democrat any minute now for decades now, trying in vain to make Bill Clinton's lightning strike again. Doesn't matter if they alienate the left and depress democratic turnout, they're just so sure there's this untapped wellspring of GOP moderates who can be convinced if only they kowtow snivelingly enough.

This neatly summarizes every good post that’s ever been made in the various suck zone threads through the years

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

democrats should stop fighting other democrats :qq:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crowsbeak posted:

pump that hate amerikkka beat

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Crowsbeak posted:

:d2a:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Centrist thought leaders are basically unpersons and automatons. Brave new world Delta-like idiots pumping out brain snot for idiot centrist voters to consume and get horny and partake in the orgy where they scream "its Bernie's fault" and "working class americans are lovely retards tee hee" at eachothers genitals until they cum

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
p-zombies

they're p-zombies

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i've been wonderin so long what it meant, of course....

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

lmao what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Skypie posted:

lmao what

bad dems are obsessed with decorum instead of actually winning