Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

basic hitler posted:

Centrist thought leaders are basically unpersons and automatons. Brave new world Delta-like idiots pumping out brain snot for idiot centrist voters to consume and get horny and partake in the orgy where they scream "its Bernie's fault" and "working class americans are lovely retards tee hee" at eachothers genitals until they cum

So true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

MaxxBot posted:

I want to know advocating for killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in the middle east doesn't count as bigotry.

muslims aren't a race

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why have I not heard of this ozyfest thing before? its hilarious

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Coachella, but for Lanyards

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Office Pig posted:

they don't really believe in primary races because they don't actually care about democracy as much as technocracy

I think it's more insidious than just technocracy. There's definitely a strong undercurrent of aristocracy to it, like the person chosen by the ~meritocracy~ with the right ideas os clearly the best choice based and the challenger is an upstart prole, or is at least a tool of the upstart proles.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it being named after loving Ozymandias is just like... how do you parody this reality

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it being named after loving Ozymandias is just like... how do you parody this reality

you dont

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Centrists are a coalition of well-meaning dupes, the business interests duping them, and people old enough to still be traumatized about McGovern

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

Coachella, but for Lanyards

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
there's someone out there who was really torn between catching Jake Tapper on the Bain Capital Stage, chilling in the beer garden next to Hilldawg, or going to the DJ tent to pop molly while some guy spins remixes of Thomas Friedman audiobooks

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

basic hitler posted:

Centrist thought leaders are basically unpersons and automatons. Brave new world Delta-like idiots pumping out brain snot for idiot centrist voters to consume and get horny and partake in the orgy where they scream "its Bernie's fault" and "working class americans are lovely retards tee hee" at eachothers genitals until they cum

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

that's why ABDUL! is such a genius in creating this graphic, which bad-dems will studiously ignore (especially in a state in which the leading dem is a tool of blue cross):

from this excellent non-succ story

this is a pro-rear end click and is extremely anti-succ

quote:

Not only has El-Sayed worked out the full details of a pragmatic single-payer program, but he’s presented it in a way that challenges anyone to make the argument that it’s a “fantasy” that will “never, ever happen.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I like this part of the article.

" Lanae Erickson Hatalsky, vice president for social policy and politics at Third Way, said a poll conducted by the group found voters — including many Democrats — responded more positively to a message that emphasized creating economic opportunity over income inequality. The opportunity message, she said, “trounced the other Democratic approaches on the table with the voters we need to win in a general election.”"

Reminded me of that article about their "listening tour" in the Atlantic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/on-safari-in-trumps-america/543288/

BTW I decided to check out the cucks YouTube age, (which they conveniently disable comments on) the great support that the sensible center gives them translates into a max of 572 views.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

is the d&d cartoon thread still calling this artist russian propaganda?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoluboiOgon posted:

yes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lmao

From W era neo-cons like Condi Rice to sex pests like Bill Gates Ozy brings the cream of the crop for loathsome beltway insiders

quote:

Today, OZY is no longer just an idea. It’s proof that with the right team, the right design and the right mission, news can be edgy and educational, informative and inspiring — all at the same time.

Want some references? Just ask our contributors, like Bill Gates, Condoleezza Rice and Bill Clinton, who see us as a signpost to the future. Ask our friends at Nearpod, who are taking OZY into the classroom and using our stories to empower students to think bigger. And ask our audience — a relentlessly curious global community — who tell us often how OZY is showing that more is possible. And, for the winners of the OZY Genius Awards, inspiring them to make more possible.

That’s what drives us at OZY: the idea that more is possible. And we’re not afraid to challenge assumptions about the way the world is in order to see the world the way it could be. That conviction is right in our name. Yup, it’s from the Percy Bysshe Shelley poem “Ozymandias.” And yup, most folks read that poem as a caution against big egos and the impermanence of power.

We read it differently. To us, the poem says think big, but be humble , lest you end up “two vast and trunkless legs…in the desert.”

We know that’s an unconventional interpretation. And that’s who we are. Because in a world littered with conformity, we like to see things differently. We hope, through OZY, you will too.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

The opportunity message, she said, “trounced the other Democratic approaches on the table with the voters we need to win in a general election.”"

lmao

keep chasing those moderate unicorns

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

What rules is the “moderate” who did win, Conor Lamb, did so by focusing doggedly on things third way hates

- labor rights
- Medicare
-social security

like knock him all you want for his pussyfooting on ICE etc but there’s no reason to not use him as an example of the third way guzzlin nuts

it rules he's voted with republicans more often than my republican congressman

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

cenotaph posted:

I think it's more insidious than just technocracy. There's definitely a strong undercurrent of aristocracy to it, like the person chosen by the ~meritocracy~ with the right ideas os clearly the best choice based and the challenger is an upstart prole, or is at least a tool of the upstart proles.

It's because they see elections not as a way for the people to wield actual power but as rituals to legitimize elite rule.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

GoluboiOgon posted:

What

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The cartoon dares to criticize the Democratic Party, and hence it's obviously bankrolled by Putin himself. Bing bong so simple.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

yeah this is a thread that also claimed the hoyer recordings were republican propaganda and should be ignored lest the dems become disunited

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

I like this part of the article.

" Lanae Erickson Hatalsky, vice president for social policy and politics at Third Way, said a poll conducted by the group found voters — including many Democrats — responded more positively to a message that emphasized creating economic opportunity over income inequality. The opportunity message, she said, “trounced the other Democratic approaches on the table with the voters we need to win in a general election.”"

Reminded me of that article about their "listening tour" in the Atlantic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/on-safari-in-trumps-america/543288/

BTW I decided to check out the cucks YouTube age, (which they conveniently disable comments on) the great support that the sensible center gives them translates into a max of 572 views.

I love how implying that giving people stability through programs for things like housing and health care isn't an economic opportunity.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
these are people who literally do not, or choose not to understand the relationships between subjugated outgroups and entrenched media outlets like msnbc and cannot remotely fathom why this would lead to BLM organizers using RT as a platform

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's because they see elections not as a way for the people to wield actual power but as rituals to legitimize elite rule.
:yeah:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cerebral Bore posted:

The cartoon dares to criticize the Democratic Party, and hence it's obviously bankrolled by Putin himself. Bing bong so simple.

also the three "bad things" in that list are not things liberals are actually ever have to worry about

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I choose death

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

GoluboiOgon posted:

You're telling me that goons that spend their time reading up on the McCoys, Asay, Lester, etc. are broke brained as poo poo? :shuckyes:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it rules he's voted with republicans more often than my republican congressman

doesn’t change how he campaigned my friend

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GoluboiOgon posted:

I couldn't find this particular succ, but I found several pages of handwringing about the romanovs which is pretty :discourse: too.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Motto posted:

I couldn't find this particular succ, but I found several pages of handwringing about the romanovs which is pretty :discourse: too.

Glad to hear that the D&D Political Cartoon thread is full of monarchist chuds.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
just lol if you dont think the slaughtering of hereditary monarchs owns

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"McClatchy posted:

Poll data from 2016 would suggest Third Way’s approach has some merit: A Gallup poll from October 2016 found that voters thought Trump was actually less less [sic] conservative than prior GOP nominees. Clinton, meanwhile, was seen as as liberal as former President Barack Obama.

Here is the poll they are referring toward: https://news.gallup.com/poll/196064/trump-seen-less-conservative-prior-gop-candidates.aspx

Of course, the same poll shows that Obama was seen as much more liberal than his predecessors at the time of the 2008 election, but that wasn't worth mentioning to them.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

Tweet was deleted or something. What'd it say?

it was just a picture of her election night results on cnn or something lol

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its such a short poem too. i just.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

cenotaph posted:

Remember when Joe Kennedy or Chelsea Clinton or some other political dynastic scion was being criticized and a bad Dem accidentally made an argument for aristocracy

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Politicians need more skills, and more powerful skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
an entire room full of college educated democrats with smartphones and 4G, thinking their hardest

"i heard this ozymandias guy was pretty great, and worked hard. voters connect with this."