Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao they deleted it

lol its £100m to spend across 3 years if he signs a new contract

Jose fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

ahahaha 30 mil a year in transfer budget isn't worth putting up with mike ashley's poo poo for, let alone when you know that money isn't actually going to be there

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

looks like newcastle is stuck to lowballing clubs in belgium for the next three years

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Not content with trying to get a relegated striker on loan from West Bromwich Newcastle are now trying to get a Swansea defender on loan

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jose posted:

Not content with trying to get a relegated striker on loan from West Bromwich Newcastle are now trying to get a Swansea defender on loan

I'm going to assume this is Rondon and Mawson, both of whom would be upgrades for Newcastle and also fairly cheap to buy I assume

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
poor old rafa, he should leave newcastle but i really don't know where else he could go

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm going to assume this is Rondon and Mawson, both of whom would be upgrades for Newcastle and also fairly cheap to buy I assume

Fernandez, who doesn't want to go to Krasnodar so is actively begging for any other interest. I can't see us loaning him out.

Mawson will cost ~£25m. He's on low wages and isn't pushing to leave since he's a good lad and is recovering from knee surgery.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It sucks that Rafa is basically building his reputation as someone who can consistently beat the odds with no financial support at all

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It owns that Ashley won't let the club spend money because he wants to sell it but nobody wants to pay his price for a club likely to go down again

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
mike ashley seems like a real fat idiot

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

RideTheSpiral posted:

mike ashley seems like a real fat idiot

he's not given a poo poo in a decade and will literally die in silks with pavel pavelovich and jamal blackman drinking sad vodka shots in the fireplace

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bea Nanner posted:

he played in the hole behind the striker and was really good at holding the ball and distributing it, but really bad at actually scoring goals. i liked him.

Vegetable posted:

My memory can't be that bad, he played on the right didn't he. My memory is singularly of him dribbling past left-backs easily and doing nothing else

brocked posted:

Hleb was left side in the Pires role, he just didn't score goals

i looked it up a bit. he played in all 3 positions. though mostly on the left.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/1021065109748281344

Stoke have signed a poo poo clogger. Guess that is why he no-showed the WBA training camp.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How will Stoke ever afford the £5m FFP fine 4 years from now when they're back in the PL?

edit: He's 29? loving hell how's he robbed a career?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

sassassin posted:

How will Stoke ever afford the £5m FFP fine 4 years from now when they're back in the PL?

edit: He's 29? loving hell how's he robbed a career?

He didn't make his premier league debut until he was 23, so it hasn't really been that long of a career.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

MrBling posted:

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/1021065109748281344

Stoke have signed a poo poo clogger. Guess that is why he no-showed the WBA training camp.

Yeah not really impressed with McClean because he is a poo poo clogger but Stoke are a championship club now so he might do a job. The worst thing is all the little englanders crying about loving poppies

Tom Ince is apparently next in, he's supposed to be having a medical today. Another player that wouldn't wow me but he does have a very good record in the championship.

sassassin posted:

Stoke have made a profit so far in this window and we've offloaded some high earners so we're in decent shape.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sounds like Roma's Alisson replacement is Robin Olsen, paying Copenhagen €12m.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Roma's Alisson replacement is Robin Olsen, paying Copenhagen €12m.

Ah, the classic girl name for girl name replacement.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
this seems cool and good imo

https://twitter.com/preina25/status/1021095227883483141?s=21

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Love me some Pepe. Klopp should have brought him home.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Ah, the classic girl name for girl name replacement.

Where is Karius going on loan?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kitsunegari posted:

St Pauli

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kitsunegari posted:

A lovely farm upstate.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

tarbrush posted:

A lovely farm upstate.

They need to do it asap, he just got dunked on multiple times by child star Christian Pulisic.

Surely there’s a nice farm in North Carolina that would take on a big strong lad.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

according to some PSG people, Alphonse Areola is possibly going to leave PSG this summer. Why? Because his agent is Mino Raiola.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its probably more to do with them signing buffon

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

its probably more to do with them signing buffon

...who has been a total trainwreck in his first 2 preseason appearances

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

...who has been a total trainwreck in his first 2 preseason appearances

He was trash in the 2017 Champions League Final.

Dude is 40, his time is up. I don't blame him for taking the payday obviously but he's past it.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jason Sextro posted:

according to some PSG people, Alphonse Areola is possibly going to leave PSG this summer. Why? Because his agent is Mino Raiola.

What a tit

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ninpo posted:

What a tit

I mean, these same sources have said that QSI wants Areola to stay, and probably have no intention of making Buffon the main starter, but Raiola never met a payday he didn't like, I guess.

EDIT: Assuming, obviously, this is true.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jason Sextro posted:

I mean, these same sources have said that QSI wants Areola to stay, and probably have no intention of making Buffon the main starter, but Raiola never met a payday he didn't like, I guess.

EDIT: Assuming, obviously, this is true.

Lol, what a boob

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Poor Ninpo, made a good joke and someone made a serious reply

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lol, I'll never recover

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a couple of billionaires bought a controlling stake in Villa so they're not facing oblivion anymore

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
that's a shame

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

idk if he's any good but surely better than ciaran clark

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/1021296879823474688

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wolves linked to a couple more players this window.

https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/status/1021170020397780992

https://twitter.com/TimNash_1/status/1021147300062793728

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Are Wolves trying to buy a champions league spot or what? Having done zero reading about Wolves mostly ever, where has all the money suddenly come from, new owners?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Are Wolves trying to buy a champions league spot or what? Having done zero reading about Wolves mostly ever, where has all the money suddenly come from, new owners?

Yep, pretty much. They got a Chinese (energy?) company called Fosun to buy them last year and are intent to make a move in the prem this year. They're seemingly not content to just avoid relegation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
theyve been spending their way up for more than a year, i thought, no?

• Locked thread