Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Chomp8645 posted:

That's a crosspost from the China thread (now Taiwan Number 1).

If there any place on this Earth that I could believe has a Squirrel Murder Company, it's China. The perfect combination of capitalist greed and complete disregard for all forms of animal life.

China understands too well that human beings are animals as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

happyhippy posted:

On my school bus home, they would ship live chicks to some company along the way and put them on the roof racks.
You would get them scared shitless chirping like hell drowning out us talking and the normal bus sounds.

That's one hosed up Coors light advertisement.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ordering live chicks in the mail is pretty normal if you want to have chickens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_kmOYRgqVI&t=83s

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hello, Squirrel Murder Company? Yeah I need a replacement squirrel for the one I just got. No, it wasn't dead when it arrived. It committed suicide.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pD3azJmB7g

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Hello, Squirrel Murder Company? Yeah I need a replacement squirrel for the one I just got. No, it wasn't dead when it arrived. It committed suicide.

Warranty void if squirrel is broken

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Whooping Crabs posted:

Welcome to China. Have a live turtle keychain. Discard when the turtle dies.

jesus

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ate all the Oreos posted:

Here we go, "It's Lit: A Guide to What Teens Think is Cool":

https://storage.googleapis.com/think/docs/its-lit.pdf

Possibly the funniest thing you will read all day

I already laughed at "google a piss"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

How broken do you have to be to be okay with personally drowning a turtle in a plastic bag? Buying it because you want to see an animal suffer is almost better than not even computing that what you're doing is bad.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

spacetoaster posted:

Ordering live chicks in the mail is pretty normal if you want to have chickens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_kmOYRgqVI&t=83s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08wUT1ruaYU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Outrail posted:

How broken do you have to be to be okay with personally drowning a turtle in a plastic bag? Buying it because you want to see an animal suffer is almost better than not even computing that what you're doing is bad.

That thing was stamped out in a factory too, somewhere in china there is a machine specifically for sealing turtles in bubbles.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

china is a purer place unaffected by the feminizing effects of western liberal thought

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Turtles aren't amphibians the way frogs are, how are they not dead before they even leave the factory?

Also Jesus, I've been online for 20 years now and that might be the single thing that's made me the saddest

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

purple death ray posted:

Turtles aren't amphibians the way frogs are, how are they not dead before they even leave the factory?

Also Jesus, I've been online for 20 years now and that might be the single thing that's made me the saddest

Yeah it’s a extremely specific kind of hosed up, like god drat I’d rather get a bolt to the head and become dinner than live the rest of my life starving and slowly suffocating in a me sized pouch.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ate all the Oreos posted:

That thing was stamped out in a factory too, somewhere in china there is a machine specifically for sealing turtles in bubbles.

Somewhere in china there's facility dedicated to mass breeding baby turtles specifically to suffocate, die and be thrown out shortly after purchase. No other reason for existing.

Kinda like how our overlords view us.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Outrail posted:

Somewhere in china there's facility dedicated to mass breeding baby turtles specifically to suffocate, die and be thrown out shortly after purchase. No other reason for existing.

Kinda like how our overlords view us.

No different from the egg producers everywhere, mentioned earlier I think or in another thread.
Where male chicks are instantly mulched up after coming out of the egg.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Whooping Crabs posted:

god dammit

why did I keep reading this thread after the parrot picture

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
the male chicks are really lucky as far as farm animals go fyi

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Whooping Crabs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1XGXMELyw

Says the water is full of oxygen and has food pellets. Says the animal can live up to 3 months.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mercrom posted:

the male chicks are really lucky as far as farm animals go fyi

Dying immediately after you are born sounds lucky as far as living organisms go in general at this point

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

purple death ray posted:

Dying immediately after you are born sounds lucky as far as living organisms go in general at this point

I wish I was a newborn pink slurry

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Whooping Crabs posted:

If I saw that on a market somewhere I'd buy them all and try to set them free.

And then they would still die in like a week because they're probably all hosed up from getting stuffed in a small plastic bag.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
nvm

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

shut up blegum posted:

And then they would still die in like a week because they're probably all hosed up from getting stuffed in a small plastic bag.

"Demand is up! Better order twice as much now."

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

shut up blegum posted:

And then the dude would keep doing it because they sell really well.

CAPITALISM!!

*edit* ^^^ poo poo!!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

shut up blegum posted:

realistically the only thing that can stop this is forceful direct action to destroy the entire supply chain that enables this cruelty

even stealing the turtles doesn't stop them from breeding and sealing up more

feller
Jul 5, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

Says the water is full of oxygen and has food pellets. Says the animal can live up to 3 months.

Imagine the stress it goes through sitting in your pocket bouncing up and down as you walk; dangling from the steering wheel when you’re driving; being dropped on the pavement or counter with the keys; going from the absolute darkness of your pocket to bright sunlight. All without getting to gently caress.

It living might actually be worse since it’s still going to die of hunger or asphyxiation, just after a lifetime of hell instead of right away.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Senor Dog posted:

Imagine the stress it goes through sitting in your pocket bouncing up and down as you walk; dangling from the steering wheel when you’re driving; being dropped on the pavement or counter with the keys; going from the absolute darkness of your pocket to bright sunlight. All without getting to gently caress.

It living might actually be worse since it’s still going to die of hunger or asphyxiation, just after a lifetime of hell instead of right away.

I'm pretty sure those are actually cell phone charms, so it'll get yanked out even more often and get to listen to your loud angry conversations

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

props to any chinese folk who just bust the fucker outta there to have a little friend

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I'm reminded of when the internet trolled the world with the idea of the bonsai kitten

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Wonder if you would be allowed to do it with illegal immigrant babies.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

So three months trapped in a bag with its own poo poo. Radical.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Also remember that large parts of China are 100% fine with killing millions of sharks for their fins to make soup.

No, they don't use the whole shark, they slice the fin off and toss them in the water to die.

I believe NBA star Yao Ming started a campaign to stop this practice. Allegedly a lot of people didn't know the sharks were killed in this process. Last I read it didn't really cause the practice to lose any steam.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Inzombiac posted:

Also remember that large parts of China are 100% fine with killing millions of sharks for their fins to make soup.

No, they don't use the whole shark, they slice the fin off and toss them in the water to die.

I believe NBA star Yao Ming started a campaign to stop this practice. Allegedly a lot of people didn't know the sharks were killed in this process. Last I read it didn't really cause the practice to lose any steam.

It's at least been banned in NY's Chinatown.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
but china is communism and i was told that's the opposite of capitalism. im so confused :confused:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

other people posted:

but china is communism and i was told that's the opposite of capitalism. im so confused :confused:

old guys at the top running everything with 19th century liberal imagery: communism
old guys at the top running everything with 18th century liberal imagery: capitalism

hth

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I'm the communist chinese billionaire and I'm here to tell you that communism is very good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

I'm the communist chinese billionaire and I'm here to tell you that communism is very good

From my home in Vancouver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Outrail posted:

"Demand is up! Better order twice as much now."

Yeah lol this is why you don't try to rescue them by buying.

This lesson has already been learned. Some animal rights group started buying up chinese dogs that were meant for dog meat and rescuing them. All it did was make the dog meat folks in the area intentionally start bringing way more tortured dogs since the animal rights group was essentially a new bulk purchaser.

If you want to set them free don't buy them. Steal them instead, that's a loss to the operation.