Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How do you disband on Ifrit Normal? There's literally one mechanic. :psyduck:

Hella undergeared tank + only the healer attacks the nail

You have two choices:
1. you keep the tank alive, and the nail
2. you kill the nail., while ifrit kills everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ifrit normal is still well within the range where an actual tank is unnecessary, so as long as at least one person in the party has a pulse you can usually still clear it.

If whoever is holding hate faces Ifrit at the center AND the healer is a Medica spam bot, you might be in trouble if both dps are melee.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah I've literally 3 manned Ifrit normal tanking as BLM.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So, I hate to ask this super noob question, but, how the Christ do I stop reviving at camp drybone? I haven't played in a few years and it seems like no matter how many times I teleport I still go there when I die.

edit: it was home point wasn't it? Dammit the shame is real.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 23, 2018

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

So, I hate to ask this super noob question, but, how the Christ do I stop reviving at camp drybone? I haven't played in a few years and it seems like no matter how many times I teleport I still go there when I die.

Go to an Aetheryte and choose set home point. It'll also change where Return takes you.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I don't know why I just assumed it worked like Dark Souls' bonfires.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
I still respawn in Gridania, whenever I die I'm reminded to change it, but I never do.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
My home point is Ul'dah and I have no intention of changing it until maybe 5.0.

Either way, I refuse to die. :argh:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Just don't die

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I mean it's a short walk to the only cemetery I can think of in the whole game, where else would you go when you die?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Just don't die

I die, I respawn, I die again! :mediocre:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hot tip: use a combination of home point/apartments/houses/guild halls to get to every major city for cheap.

Or don't since gil is worthless.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Saint Freak posted:

Hot tip: use a combination of home point/apartments/houses/guild halls to get to every major city for cheap.

Or don't since gil is worthless.

SMH if you don't have at least 900 aetheryte tickets on you at all times.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I feel like by the time you could keep a mass of hundreds of aetheryte tickets you probably have enough gil not to care about teleporting fees.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I feel like by the time you could keep a mass of hundreds of aetheryte tickets you probably have enough gil not to care about teleporting fees.

Yeah but I have to do something with my Allied Seals and having any more than 10000 ventures seems sort of pointless :p

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

why does everything in bardam's hit so hard

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Arist posted:

To punish man for his hubris.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Arist posted:

Get out of shire gear, nerd

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Phone posted:

Get out of shire gear, nerd

i was the healer

with ilvl 340

e: nobody died but it was very close

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Teleport do not matter, even at lower levels. By like level 20, MSQ rewards are more than max cost teleport fees to Kugane cost. My level 30 paladin (the lowest class I have available who can do Roulettes), gets 1700 gil as a base reward from Leveling Roulette.

Teleport fees don't matter, please stop adding Reduced Rates as an FC action whoever does it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Teleport do not matter, even at lower levels. By like level 20, MSQ rewards are more than max cost teleport fees to Kugane cost. My level 30 paladin (the lowest class I have available who can do Roulettes), gets 1700 gil as a base reward from Leveling Roulette.

Teleport fees don't matter, please stop adding Reduced Rates as an FC action whoever does it.

Name/post combo

panda clue
May 23, 2014

I am hella PEEVED posted:

as someone with a medium house and several dozen millions of gil: no gently caress you, always leave reduced rates on!!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You know what doesn't matter?

Raid food. If you are a nerd who is throwing millions to get top tier gear with a full set of 5 pentamelded grade 6 materia for day 1 savage clears then your food lasting 10 minutes shorter shouldn't effect you. Stop putting meat and mead as an FC action.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

panda clue posted:

as someone with a medium house and several dozen millions of gil: no gently caress you, always leave reduced rates on!!

Yeah, I'm burning through my stockpile of free tickets from the old Veteran Rewards because it takes too long to port to my apartment in Mist and catch the boat from Limsa to Kugane every time I want to go from the Ala Mhigo half of the content to the Othard half.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Arist posted:

i was the healer

with ilvl 340

e: nobody died but it was very close

Almost every pack in the first two sections of Bardam's has a mini-tankbuster of some kind baked into its kit that absolutely clobbers most tanks, especially if they're not level synced. It's not a great instance for fast pulling unless both the tank and the healer are synced, since the rate of damage is so insane that most healers won't have a chance to pump out DPS if the tank's perpetually a Cure II away from dying.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Leal posted:

You know what doesn't matter?

Raid food. If you are a nerd who is throwing millions to get top tier gear with a full set of 5 pentamelded grade 6 materia for day 1 savage clears then your food lasting 10 minutes shorter shouldn't effect you. Stop putting meat and mead as an FC action.

Most people who raid aren't those people.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I just make stacks of Ishgardian muffins since they're the easiest post-ARR food to gather ingredients for. Two low level grains that can be bought from vendors and milk my retainer harvests in bulk.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I am finished. I beat the game.

I know I'm later than a lot of people, but I'm done.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jeez, no idea how dedicated to get all maxed jobs when I hardly keep up with 5. Also waiting for the next event soon.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Nobody says you gotta keep playing them after you cap 'em.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the game has been out for 4 years, so please stop putting heat of battle on

it's not my fault you don't have a few classes at level cap, also learn to respect the content it's not a race.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Don't use any FC buffs they're distracting on my buff bar

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Wacky Delly posted:

I am finished. I beat the game.

I know I'm later than a lot of people, but I'm done.

Ok, now show us your desynth.

(I'm capped on LTW and GSM; only at 330ish on BSM but raising that would require either scrip grinding or running O4N a whole bunch of times and I haven't been motivated. In retrospect I should have taken WVR but no way in hell am I doing the grind again.)

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Hi I'm level 31 and just figured out that the blue question mark quest markers unlock features and dungeons and poo poo. Time to traipse across the world unlocking things I should have unlocked already!

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

NeurosisHead posted:

Hi I'm level 31 and just figured out that the blue question mark quest markers unlock features and dungeons and poo poo. Time to traipse across the world unlocking things I should have unlocked already!

Please tell me you know what the meteor ones are for.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

And you have done/equipped your job soul stone..right?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Vadoc posted:

Well the only way to stop being a gladiator is to die in the arena.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Vadoc posted:

I have done that, yeah. I do the class quests as soon as they come up, and the main story quest basically carries me from class quest to class quest, with a few side quests here and there on the way.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
my fc permanently has the mgp bonus on. figure that poo poo out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

pupuru posted:

my fc permanently has the mgp bonus on. figure that poo poo out

It's an extra thousand mgp on a 10k ticket.