Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Chomp8645 posted:

Anyone want to murder a banker with me this weekend???

If I could justify the guilt of taking human life I would happily take as many of these white-collar criminal fucks with me as possible when I exit.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

But for whom

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Screaming Idiot posted:

If I could justify the guilt of taking human life I would happily take as many of these white-collar criminal fucks with me as possible when I exit.

:eng101: There's nothing to justify friendo, parasites aren't people.

Scary! posted:

This an artful twist of history, I’ll give them that much

https://mobile.twitter.com/songmuddywater/status/1021500436539498501

Oh, so Unions are the result of capitalist forces and are therefore good? Sweet!

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

China isn't communism :ssh:
Yeah it's really capitalism to the absolute maximum over there.

I watched a couple of documentaries about the cost cutting measures some food places use in China, seems like a worthy topic for this thread.

Gutter oil is a well known one: the practise of scooping waste fats out of drains, rendering it and selling it to street vendors which then deep fry their food in it. This is waste water, human feces, runoff from slaughtering animals, and the discarded grease that restaurants poured down the drain, all nicely mixed with industrial grey water. And this is no rarity.

One I hadn't heard of before was restaurants that sell fake food. Eggs and pork in your egg noodles and pork dumplings? Nah man that poo poo is expensive. Instead lovely restaurants go to black markets that sell unknown chemical additives that emulate the texture, taste and smell of the ingredients. They mix this with flour and sell it as the real deal. When lab tested the the additives were found to be loaded with heavy metals like cadmium and pesticides in amounts that can cause severe nerve and organ damage especially to children.

There's a million things like this. I can't imagine how bad the consequences are going to be in a few decades.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Screaming Idiot posted:

We're murder apes. It's easy, and releases endorphins.

Guilt is just what THE MAN wants you to believe you feel when you take a life.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Spatial posted:

Yeah it's really capitalism to the absolute maximum over there.

I watched a couple of documentaries about the cost cutting measures some food places use in China, seems like a worthy topic for this thread.

Gutter oil is a well known one: the practise of scooping waste fats out of drains, rendering it and selling it to street vendors which then deep fry their food in it. This is waste water, human feces, runoff from slaughtering animals, and the discarded grease that restaurants poured down the drain, all nicely mixed with industrial grey water. And this is no rarity.

One I hadn't heard of before was restaurants that sell fake food. Eggs and pork in your egg noodles and pork dumplings? Nah man that poo poo is expensive. Instead lovely restaurants go to black markets that sell unknown chemical additives that emulate the texture, taste and smell of the ingredients. They mix this with flour and sell it as the real deal. When lab tested the the additives were found to be loaded with heavy metals like cadmium and pesticides in amounts that can cause severe nerve and organ damage especially to children.

There's a million things like this. I can't imagine how bad the consequences are going to be in a few decades.

They literally had a "poison baby formula" scandal so severe that other countries faced formula shortages as a result of the sheer number of Chinese buying up foreign formula for transport home. Six babies died and 54,000 were hospitalized. This of 300,000 who received the formula. So one in six suffered hospitalization. The babies had kidney stones. The cause was cutting the formula with melamine, an industrial compound which mimics protein in simple tests (it's not protein) and is normally used in the manufacture of flame-resistant plastics.

China is the true capitalist wasteland lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

Meme Poker Party has issued a correction as of 01:52 on Jul 24, 2018

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Outrail posted:

:eng101: There's nothing to justify friendo, parasites aren't people.

This is how they think. They think the poor are parasites and that there is nothing wrong with starving them, mistreating them, and exploiting them. Billionaires and their bootlicking sycophantic criminal allies are human, whether we like it or not, and to think of them as anything less than human is to absolve them of guilt. They are not the other -- they are us, human beings, and should be held to the same standard.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Scary! posted:

This an artful twist of history, I’ll give them that much

https://mobile.twitter.com/songmuddywater/status/1021500436539498501
it's not a negotiation when one side can't say no and walk away from the negotiation

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Screaming Idiot posted:

This is how they think. They think the poor are parasites and that there is nothing wrong with starving them, mistreating them, and exploiting them. Billionaires and their bootlicking sycophantic criminal allies are human, whether we like it or not, and to think of them as anything less than human is to absolve them of guilt. They are not the other -- they are us, human beings, and should be held to the same standard.

Lotta people talk about holding them to standards but that doesn't really seem to be happening.

Might just have to kill em sorry.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Outrail posted:

Corporations taking out death insurance on their employees

also

Corporations discouraging their employees from using health care benefits.

:thunk:

When I went to orientation at my new job (a small tech company), they talked to us about benefits. Health insurance. The company was one of those deal-a-day sites, and employed models and photographers and people who aspired to those jobs but really ended up just making product dioramas at $8.50 an hour. So: mostly young, mostly non-college-educated women. In my orientation class there were only three of us in tech, out of about 15 folks.

The HR lady running the thing literally tried to convince this relatively uneducated and naive group of people that they didn’t need health insurance. The company offered two types: decent, and unbelievably lovely. She hand waved away the decent one, saying “oh none of you should pick that one. That’s the kind of insurance for old people. That’s the kind of insurance your parents have. Since you’re all young and healthy, pick the less expensive one! You won’t need anything else and you’ll save money!”

The bitch literally used that line - “it’s insurance for old people like your parents” - to try to save the company a few bucks.

The kicker?

That HR cow was at least four hundred pounds. She was very well versed with good insurance and the necessity of having it.

It’s been years but I genuinely wish ill on that fat broad.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Chomp8645 posted:

Lotta people talk about holding them to standards but that doesn't really seem to be happening.

Nor will it ever. Hence the exit strategy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:thermidor:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

China stuff makes me sad

Edit: but it fascinates me, so I’d like to read more The Jungle style stuff

Professor Shark has issued a correction as of 02:15 on Jul 24, 2018

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Screaming Idiot posted:

Ok so we treat them like humans and guillotine them individually instead of shoveling them into industrial fryers?

Maybe we can automate the judges and rig up some kind of conveyer system for the blades.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Screaming Idiot posted:

I mean this is true, and also, a lot of them should die

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Outrail posted:

Ok so we treat them like humans and guillotine them individually instead of shoveling them into industrial fryers?

Maybe we can automate the judges and rig up some kind of conveyer system for the blades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dJPoSlPfU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
The only way to deal with someone who, ultimately, wants to kill you for profit is to ensure they can never accomplish that. Guillotines are great for this application.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
There is a fun card game called Guillotine where you cut off nobles' heads one by one, and each noble is worth points based on their place in the heirarchy, and it's the most feel good family fun I've had in ages let me tell you.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BTW that Onion video is from 2012, so before they got bought out.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Eat jellyfish, trust me, you'll feel like you're eating something that should be worth a small fortune at a michelin star restaurant

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

comedyblissoption posted:

it's not a negotiation when one side can't say no and walk away from the negotiation

Private security were just negotiating on behalf of factory owners using methods such as “truncheon to face” and “gun”

Scary! has issued a correction as of 03:05 on Jul 24, 2018

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/ramzyn/status/1021149591629189122?s=19

Lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

$11m profit a year but key employees gotta go beg on the internet to live.

Plus also there's gotta be quite a few millionaire players on that team.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Jul 24, 2018

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If that owner has even $1 billion invested somewhere (ofc he does) then 1% interest = $1 million dollars and lol lol lol lol lol if you think he's getting anything less than ~5-8% annually (likely more). What I'm saying is the dude makes millions of dollars a year for 0 work and should shell out for this dude's treatment or be killed by the dude's wife on national TV.

Alternatively, MLB minimum salary is $555,000 / yr so have each player on the 25 man roster donate $17k-20k which they should easily be able to afford because it works out to a little less than half a month's salary.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Jul 24, 2018

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah I'm sure they'll get right on that

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

No thanks, I’m a Braves fan. :smug:

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Outrail posted:

How broken do you have to be to be okay with personally drowning a turtle in a plastic bag? Buying it because you want to see an animal suffer is almost better than not even computing that what you're doing is bad.

i went to go work my wage slave job but this is personally lovely for me because we get little dumb turtles that wander into the backyard all the time, including separately a baby snapper and an adult, and i always make sure to bring those little guys back to the pond. it's me, i like turtles.

it's weird that people don't care about nature. or are callous towards it. but my existence harms the earth already gently caress.

bacon flaps has issued a correction as of 07:25 on Jul 24, 2018

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

They literally had a "poison baby formula" scandal so severe that other countries faced formula shortages as a result of the sheer number of Chinese buying up foreign formula for transport home. Six babies died and 54,000 were hospitalized. This of 300,000 who received the formula. So one in six suffered hospitalization. The babies had kidney stones. The cause was cutting the formula with melamine, an industrial compound which mimics protein in simple tests (it's not protein) and is normally used in the manufacture of flame-resistant plastics.

China is the true capitalist wasteland lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

One mans 1000s of poisoned babies is simply another mans business opportunity

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5478795/Woman-makes-90-000-year-shipping-baby-formula-China.html

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Outrail posted:

cryingindian.jpg

You ever look at the Sarno River in noted EU member and cradle of White People Heritage (dumb marble poo poo and statues of idiots) Italy?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

KiteAuraan posted:

You ever look at the Sarno River in noted EU member and cradle of White People Heritage (dumb marble poo poo and statues of idiots) Italy?

lol whats this post

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Thursday Next posted:

When I went to orientation at my new job (a small tech company), they talked to us about benefits. Health insurance. The company was one of those deal-a-day sites, and employed models and photographers and people who aspired to those jobs but really ended up just making product dioramas at $8.50 an hour. So: mostly young, mostly non-college-educated women. In my orientation class there were only three of us in tech, out of about 15 folks.

The HR lady running the thing literally tried to convince this relatively uneducated and naive group of people that they didn’t need health insurance. The company offered two types: decent, and unbelievably lovely. She hand waved away the decent one, saying “oh none of you should pick that one. That’s the kind of insurance for old people. That’s the kind of insurance your parents have. Since you’re all young and healthy, pick the less expensive one! You won’t need anything else and you’ll save money!”

The bitch literally used that line - “it’s insurance for old people like your parents” - to try to save the company a few bucks.

The kicker?

That HR cow was at least four hundred pounds. She was very well versed with good insurance and the necessity of having it.

It’s been years but I genuinely wish ill on that fat broad.

My company has a health insurance meeting every year and over the past two years they have been trying to encourage new employees who are "younger" (this is never specified), to enroll in these ludicrous high deductible plans, instead of the traditional plan which is actually pretty good. The difference is literally an extra 400 dollars per year, it is laughable.

They also brought in a local charity this year to talk to a room of all full time employees, the least senior of which probably has 8 years with the company, about topics such as: enrolling in food stamps, getting help with your rent, money for various legal troubles, community medical services.

Wutang-Yutani CORP has issued a correction as of 12:32 on Jul 24, 2018

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Capitalism.txt

Having a better company pay a larger (but not nearly 100%) portion of your medical costs will only cost you an extra $400 per year!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/council-house-kensington-chlesea-grenfell-empty-any-names-housing-a8456906.html

Reminder that it would've cost literally £5,000 to not wrap Grenfell in napalm and murder 72 people. Half of the families aren't rehoused to this day.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

steinrokkan posted:

lol whats this post

A joke about both Iron Eyes Cody and the fact that relatively developed nations have plastic rivers too. The US one upped it of course with Fire Rivers, until the EPA.

LOL @ Ohio.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

cursed image

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Lactose Is Wack posted:

My company has a health insurance meeting every year and over the past two years they have been trying to encourage new employees who are "younger" (this is never specified), to enroll in these ludicrous high deductible plans, instead of the traditional plan which is actually pretty good. The difference is literally an extra 400 dollars per year, it is laughable.

They also brought in a local charity this year to talk to a room of all full time employees, the least senior of which probably has 8 years with the company, about topics such as: enrolling in food stamps, getting help with your rent, money for various legal troubles, community medical services.

Yeah, my company has a strong full coverage option for $80/month for singles, or they have a HSA based lovely coverage option for $50/month. I have no idea who would sign up for the lovely one, but they keep offering it year over year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
how the gently caress did that onion video get away with putting actual names of people to be eliminated lmao

that's pretty ballsy