Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Step 1: Take Jabs. Take some other skills.

Step 2: End up only using Jabs.

Step 3: Get kind of tired of Jabs, but still have an amazing amount of fun. Continue to Jab.

Always Be Charging Jabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Berke Negri posted:

the unfortunate reality is this is all pretty much on steam's end and steam notoriously doesn't give a poo poo about anything

edit: full disclosure templar is my least favorite class cause i dont like jabs

True, but Zenimax has the power to rectify that issue by letting people unlink their accounts and letting them use the stand alone launcher.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Rollersnake posted:

I apologize for anything bad I may have said about DPS mag warden in the past. I still wouldn't recommend it to a new player, but it can work well, offers more possibilities than I originally thought, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. It allowed me to do this gimmick build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsrKJ957q3M

Behold, the most ice-centric build you can have without being a tank. No frost staff, of course, but I'm using both the Iceheart and Winterborn armor sets, using Force Pulse as my spammable because Winterborn procs from cold damage abilities, and getting as much offensive use out of the Winter's Embrace tree as I possibly can (Winter's Revenge, Arctic Blast, Permafrost ultimate). It works well enough that I can just wander up to a random group boss I've never fought before and be reasonably confident I can solo it on my first try. (I'm a vampire and this boss uses fire attacks, so it was a bad choice, but I still made it, using only one potion.)

Sustain problems could probably be mitigated by going with Northern Storm instead of Permafrost and actually remembering to resummon Blue Betty. I'd also like to have Ice Meteor at some point, but ugh, lorebooks.

I like this character so much, I got him a mount to match his outfit. :toot:

I too have become enamored with my Warden (stamina variety though). I put her in Relequen and Ravaging sets, use the bear ultimate, and voila! Consistent 44k+ DPS and an absolute blast to play.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of warden, I'm topping out at 90k on my bear ultimate self buffed. This is on an argonian, so I'm pretty sure a Dunmer/Breton/Altmer can easily push 95k+ on that thing.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I only wish you could unsummon the bear when not in combat without swapping your skills around. It's really good, but I don't want to use it because it keeps getting in the way when I'm trying to loot chests and stuff.

Maelstrom Arena was kind enough to just give me a full set of Hunt Leader while I was grinding for Winterborn, so I'll definitely be using the bear when I get around to my stam warden.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunt+Leader+Set

There's a comment saying this set procs from the Animal Companion skills that I wouldn't consider pets, like Cliff Racer. Is that true? Because if so, holy poo poo.

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Rollersnake posted:

I only wish you could unsummon the bear when not in combat without swapping your skills around.

You can! On your character screen if you right-click the bear under your "Active effects" list it unsummons it. I found this out by accident, nowhere in the game does it tell you about this so don't feel bad that you missed it.

I didn't realize there was a goon trade guild, I'll take an invite if there's a spot, ign is @Heimdall-Ulf. I have a ton of stuff eating up bank space that I'd like to get rid of.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Rollersnake posted:

I only wish you could unsummon the bear when not in combat without swapping your skills around. It's really good, but I don't want to use it because it keeps getting in the way when I'm trying to loot chests and stuff.

Maelstrom Arena was kind enough to just give me a full set of Hunt Leader while I was grinding for Winterborn, so I'll definitely be using the bear when I get around to my stam warden.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunt+Leader+Set

There's a comment saying this set procs from the Animal Companion skills that I wouldn't consider pets, like Cliff Racer. Is that true? Because if so, holy poo poo.

There is this addon which allows you to keybind a dismiss pet button. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1314-PetDismiss.html. Anytime you are playing the game and think "I wish I could do . . ." there is probably an addon for it with this game.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Two new outfits and a couple updates:

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jul 25, 2018

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice
Can I get an invite on North America? User id is @dreiss

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
They're all good, but that second one is spectacular.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Aramek posted:

They're all good, but that second one is spectacular.

Thanks! I finished that one last night after I realized I couldn't properly tint the gloves I originally wanted, because they were fingerless (and he's an Orc with green hands) :blush:

It turned out to be a happy mistake, since I prefer the new ones. Sometimes dumbness works for me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Can I get an invite for the NA guild? TIA

@Riyott

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Can I get an invite to Deconstruct Circlejerk? @dhof

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

To what degree does faction matter these days? I'm probably going to roll an Ebonheart Pact race either way, but I'm curious.

Also how many lore-related sins would I be committing if I made a dunmer templar

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Harrow posted:

To what degree does faction matter these days? I'm probably going to roll an Ebonheart Pact race either way, but I'm curious.

Also how many lore-related sins would I be committing if I made a dunmer templar

Only for PVP, and certain color schemes, achievement furniture rewards.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Neat.

Okay, I'm either going to start with a magicka Templar or a magicka Nightblade. I gather with Templar I'll also have a very strong healing option available to me. What about with Nightblade--is healing an option there? Or respeccing to do some tanking at max level, perhaps?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Harrow posted:

Neat.

Okay, I'm either going to start with a magicka Templar or a magicka Nightblade. I gather with Templar I'll also have a very strong healing option available to me. What about with Nightblade--is healing an option there? Or respeccing to do some tanking at max level, perhaps?

Yes and yes. Nightblades are extremely versatile, with a ton of healing (self and group) and a passive damage mitigation. They don’t have all the group support options that Templars do (cleanses and buffs).

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Nightblades are probably the most "active" class, in the sense that the vast majority of their damage comes from weaving light attacks in between each skill, and if you miss even a single light attack your dps can drop dramatically. Personally it's my favorite class, but at the same time it also ruined all the other classes because now they feel so slow. Just something to think about if you think you will enjoy that style of gameplay, you might want to try some other classes first so you don't end up like me and only play nightblades (not that that's a bad thing, considering right now they are top dog in dealing damage)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nightblade sounds pretty fun, then! I'm gonna give that a shot. Dunmer MagBlade here I come

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
Playing as a casual and getting back after a break, I am resetting my sorcerer skills for the first time. How come I can't upgrade a skill in one go? For example, trying to get Shrouded Daggers but it only let me put one point into Hidden Blade. Same with other skills, for example class skills, even if I have max level in that tree. What do I need to do to fully upgrade a skill on respec?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Merope posted:

Playing as a casual and getting back after a break, I am resetting my sorcerer skills for the first time. How come I can't upgrade a skill in one go? For example, trying to get Shrouded Daggers but it only let me put one point into Hidden Blade. Same with other skills, for example class skills, even if I have max level in that tree. What do I need to do to fully upgrade a skill on respec?

Each skill has to be leveled to (fully filled) level 4 individually before it can be morphed, even if the tree is maxed out at 50.

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014
Can I get an invite to NA? @Xmaspast.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Xmaspast posted:

Can I get an invite to NA? @Xmaspast.

Got you

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

holy poo poo i just got onslaught and lol forever at getting to use my ult over and over.

:hellyeah:

also my caldwells silver tells me to go through the aldmeri faction quest but i ended up going through the ebonhart quests. will gold complete automatically once i finish silver?

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 27, 2018

Lokitaur
Dec 13, 2017
Can I please have an invite on NA? @Lokitaur

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

ASenileAnimal posted:

holy poo poo i just got onslaught and lol forever at getting to use my ult over and over.

:hellyeah:

also my caldwells silver tells me to go through the aldmeri faction quest but i ended up going through the ebonhart quests. will gold complete automatically once i finish silver?

Yeah, the order doesn't matter.

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

I just started playing this game again for the first time since beta and it's not half bad. Mostly because I like to play dress-up. Any chance I can get a guild invite? @atomicpile

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
To all the goons I meet on the killing fields today: you're welcome for the free AP :banjo:

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006
I'm @Golden-Joe and I want an invite.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
FFXIV and WoW sure are weird after playing ESO heavily for a month or two. Right clicking to move the camera, tabbing to target stuff, and hammering a key until the cooldown comes off all feel very weird now.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

sevenflow posted:

FFXIV and WoW sure are weird after playing ESO heavily for a month or two. Right clicking to move the camera, tabbing to target stuff, and hammering a key until the cooldown comes off all feel very weird now.

ive never played any other mmorpg but eso but having played stuff with cooldowns on skills i have to say its pretty great to not have to wait for skills to cool down

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

sevenflow posted:

Right clicking to move the camera, tabbing to target stuff, and hammering a key until the cooldown

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Coldforge posted:

His name was "Made-For-Walking." Must have had prescient parents.

This name was still available. It is now not!

Scy, Ara, et al. If I want to start a dedicated PVP healer, am I better going Warden or Argonian Templar it is.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 28, 2018

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Argonian names are the best. I went with Fills-Her-Socks.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I bought the standard edition yesterday. I installed it,it crashes on start without creating user settings or an error log or anything. Help

I can hear a second of music and that's it. Tried usersettings from my friend and skipping intro videos.

I remember playing the beta with no issues.

This is the non steam version on an i5 with a 1080 on Win10

Tried the repair and reinstalled multiple times,same thing.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 29, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Faked the bare legs as best I could :laugh:

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 29, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I bought the standard edition yesterday. I installed it,it crashes on start without creating user settings or an error log or anything. Help

I can hear a second of music and that's it. Tried usersettings from my friend and skipping intro videos.

I remember playing the beta with no issues.

This is the non steam version on an i5 with a 1080 on Win10

Tried the repair and reinstalled multiple times,same thing.

No clue, but usually when there's an issue at launch that's not because of usersettings or a damaged file, it's because you're running a driver for something that it doesn't like. Graphics driver should be the first check, but peripheral drivers can cause problems (Razer's poo poo especially).

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

robotsinmyhead posted:

Argonian names are the best. I went with Fills-Her-Socks.

I went with Weeps-While-Chugging but they made me change it :(

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Drinks-Away-Feelings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Coldforge posted:

Faked the bare legs as best I could :laugh:

My friend was just showing me how these leather pants with some fur at the top totally make his khajiit look like he's wearing assless chaps.