Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

F1 existed back when like literally the only actual road car makers involved were Ferrari and Renault and everything else was tiny fraud teams from Britain, it's not inherently a manufacturer-based sport, it's just been that way for several points in its history.

That's not my point and you know it. There would be no money and no prestige in F1 if you reverted back to V12s. It wouldn't be F1. It'd be yet another poo poo tier series no one cares about or watches except for autists who don't enjoy racing unless it's appropriately loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

F1 existed back when like literally the only actual road car makers involved were Ferrari and Renault and everything else was tiny fraud teams from Britain, it's not inherently a manufacturer-based sport, it's just been that way for several points in its history.

I'm going to make a formula 1 mock thread like the XBOX one thread and I'm going to lol so much with my superfriends about how Formula 1 has the wrong type of ram and I will have 500 pages of posts in this thread

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

This is so loving wrong I don't even know where to start lmao. Hope you enjoy eating poo poo when Stroll is on the podium again next year in a competently made car

LOL. Probe me for a month for each Stroll podium next season. :toxx:

I can't wait until he proves, yet again, to be an insanely average driver with no redeeming qualities.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

track day bro! posted:

phwooooooar this is insanely ftw

It's almost like when you remove a sport from free to air TV and make people spend £60 a month on football coverage to be allowed to watch it, they don't.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dudley posted:

It's almost like when you remove a sport from free to air TV and make people spend £60 a month on football coverage to be allowed to watch it, they don't.

When was sky F1 introduced? 2012?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

I'm going to make a formula 1 mock thread like the XBOX one thread and I'm going to lol so much with my superfriends about how Formula 1 has the wrong type of ram and I will have 500 pages of posts in this thread

You should do the Official Scuderia Ferrari Presents: Liberty“s Formula One. Only Scud Posters can post itt #ForzaFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dunno how it plots along that decline but sports viewership is down in general. Not that this absolves F1 from often pumping out some truly boring racing over the past decade.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

When was sky F1 introduced? 2012?

Haha, yep

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I mean I guess F1 has never been that exciting to watch so, eh I guess we've got errrrr the drivers personalities? Mostly faceless manufacturers spunking money away on a marketing exercise against tiny teams run by tax frauds and criminals? AIDS?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

phwooooooar this is insanely ftw

Where did you get this chart? F1.com claims that 2017 number was actually an improvement over 2016.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It gives the source right in the image lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lmfao: https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2018/01/06/f1-tv-audience-reverses-by-40-million-under-revised-measurement-system/#655a48fb3a52

quote:

Tellingly the Liberty filing and F1’s 2016 Global Media Report describe the audience figure as being “global” whereas yesterday’s press release does not say the same about 2017. It is understood that the 2016 figure was calculated using data from just 10 markets which was then extrapolated to give a total for the 200 territories worldwide. In contrast, data from 63 markets was used to derive the 2017 figure of 352.3 million. If this measurement system was applied retrospectively to 2016 it would yield a similar total which is why the press release states that “there was not a decrease in this specific number.”

All the pre-2017 numbers on that chart are grossly inflated because under Bernie they extrapolated worldwide metrics based on data from 10 countries.

1500quidporsche posted:

It gives the source right in the image lol

Oh right, let me just mash F1GLOBALMEDIAREPORT.NET/EASYTOREADCHARTS into Netscape Navigator

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The dumbass part about this is that no sponsors or manufacturers are going to want to be involved in an F1 that inexplicably refuses to let go of the past and clings needlessly to giant, fuel-guzzling V12s when the world has obviously moved on. It'd just be tiny privateers running poo poo-tier drivers on shoestring budgets without any of the respect that makes F1 what it is today, and the world doesn't need two IndyCars.

Get this: hybrid V12s

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Oh right, let me just mash F1GLOBALMEDIAREPORT.NET/EASYTOREADCHARTS into Netscape Navigator

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=f1+%22global+media+report%22&t=fpas&ia=web

Do you need any more help Helen Keller?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Get this: hybrid V12s

Literally does not change the problem at all. Please stop talking about V12s, it is an objectively dumbshit idea and they're not ever coming back.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Find the chart in those results you big loving baby

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CratSock posted:

LOL. Probe me for a month for each Stroll podium next season. :toxx:

I can't wait until he proves, yet again, to be an insanely average driver with no redeeming qualities.

Noted.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I dunno how it plots along that decline but sports viewership is down in general. Not that this absolves F1 from often pumping out some truly boring racing over the past decade.

It's largely this. TV ratings don't account for streaming services, which have increased recently. Now whether or not this specific report accounts for online viewership, I don't know.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Find the chart in those results you big loving baby

Second result.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
A picture of wicka fuming at a bar chart

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Second result.

Honestly you are dumb as rocks

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I only did what you asked me to lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I only did what you asked me to lol

If I asked you to jump off a bridge would you do that too?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

If I asked you to jump off a bin would you do that too?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Kimoa Kid posted:

N I C E M E L T D O W N

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Kimoa Kid posted:

what a stupid response to someone doing a basic thing you asked them to do

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Hopefully it saves us from further Bad Posts about how Stroll is Good (which he isnt)

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

GramCracker posted:

Hopefully it saves us from further Bad Posts about how Stroll is Good (which he isnt)

I can't take the "ironic" posting on this board, as if we're only following the sport through radio.

We can see that maybe half the drivers in the field could compete for a championship if their cars were equal. Stroll is not one of them.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

I'm as certain that Stroll is a good driver as I am that the source of that image is F1's Global Media Report

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pook Good Mook posted:

I can't take the "ironic" posting on this board, as if we're only following the sport through radio.

We can see that maybe half the drivers in the field could compete for a championship if their cars were equal. Stroll is not one of them.

epic canadian austraian guy believes this due to the brain damage received by huffing 2 stroke exhaust

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bOTTAS has been exposed pretty badly imo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Noted Trump apologist GramCracker talking poo poo about Are Lance means that Are Lance is good via the transitive property alone, notwithstanding the fact that he has podiumed in a shitbox car.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jose posted:

Don't tell me how to love my brother

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

where do you think you are?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

where do you think you are?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lol glad I wasn't the only one who immediately thought of that.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

bruh :smith:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I will accept without reservation Stroll buying force India if they rename it to force Canada and keep the pink.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lawrence will commission the development of a new color, name it Stroll and then paint the car with it

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Literally does not change the problem at all. Please stop talking about V12s, it is an objectively dumbshit idea and they're not ever coming back.

Even when V12s were legal, most manufacturers preferred the use of V8s, Turbo V6s, and in the 3.5L/3.0L era V10s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

Even when V12s were legal, most manufacturers preferred the use of V8s, Turbo V6s, and in the 3.5L/3.0L era V10s.

I would love for F1 to go to a formula where you can use any kind of engine you want, so long as it produces X amount of power from hybrid motors and is limited on fuel consumption, just so we can see everyone choose four or six cylinder engines.