Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I can't think of a more fuckable dude in the mushroom kingdom.

e: welcome to the new page yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why cant i gently caress a chain chomp nintendo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it's probably a bad idea

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

r o y ' s b o y s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMr9bO3aBt0

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I missed dad chat but I find it funny there's a good dad Kratos and also an unrelated bad dad Kratos in videogames

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My definitive ranking of Bowser's children

Larry < Bowser Jr <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Iggy < Wendy < Lemmy < Morton < Roy < Ludwig

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i just bought no man's sky

literally never thought this would happen

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

glam rock hamhock posted:

My definitive ranking of Bowser's children

Larry < Bowser Jr <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Iggy < Wendy < Lemmy < Morton < Roy < Ludwig

Checks out

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Queue up that refund buddy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wendy o is the best koopa because nintendo power or whatever guide i had tried to make me think mario could wear her suit from a world 3 toad house chest due to accidental misprint

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if i like elite dangerous for the pew pew spaceship stuff but absolutely loathe it for the massive amounts of absolutely loving nothing that bookends every possible activity you can do and the interminable grind which only reveals how repetitive and shallow all the activities you can do are, will this newly rebooted no man’s sky suit me better? because at launch it basically sounded like “elite dangerous but less spaceship stuff and more ground stuff but equally pointless in every way”

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

This was my worst decision of 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

if i like elite dangerous for the pew pew spaceship stuff but absolutely loathe it for the massive amounts of absolutely loving nothing that bookends every possible activity you can do and the interminable grind which only reveals how repetitive and shallow all the activities you can do are, will this newly rebooted no man’s sky suit me better? because at launch it basically sounded like “elite dangerous but less spaceship stuff and more ground stuff but equally pointless in every way”

*calls out from alley menacingly *
Hey bud, have you heard of star citizen?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Question for the thread: who is the worst father in video games?

I'm putting my money on Heihachi.

Lisa and Brad's dad from LISA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

Not really. The pew pew was never as good as Elite and it probably still isn't. Most of the game is still what you do on the surfaces of planets. At least now it has missions and tech trees.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

I’ve been playing an early access game that’s been getting some attention lately called Objects in Space. The main gameplay loop is going to space stations to grab contracts to transport goods between places. There’s not much pew pew in it though

The main draw is that it all takes place on 80s-style CRT screens (I think that’s what they’re called). Things feel pretty kinaesthetic as a result. And it’s fun

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz posted:

I missed dad chat but I find it funny there's a good dad Kratos and also an unrelated bad dad Kratos in videogames

which kratos is the good dad, because it's not kratos aurion

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i did pick up everspace in the steam sale but i haven’t gotten around to firing it up yet

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

No because both of those things are much worst in NMS. The combat is boring and the resource gathering is endless and never changes in any meaningful way. You can build a base but it doesn't do anything but suck up resources, and traveling uses up more resources you also must tediously gather because no fun is allowed

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Look he's just been going through some stuff since his wife died.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Colonel posted:

Of course not! I was under the impression the new GoW Kratos is. Or did I misunderstand all the memes?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I hear he's supposed to be redeemed or something in the new one but I dunno if that counterbalances killing his kid(s) before

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wasn't too hot on Bowser Jr. at first, but I do love that he seems to be forever stuck in the Koopa Klown Kar Jr. now a very positive character design change.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

BowJu was a sympathetic villain in Mario + Rabbids.

Also Bowser making sure his son did his homework makes him a Good Dad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is this whole boju thing a simpsons joke or is my brain just full of worms

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The MC from Bioshock Infinite is worst as he was a bad dad in infinite universes, including ours where he is Ken Levine.

Iggy Koopa is best koopa btw, this is canon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Of course not! I was under the impression the new GoW Kratos is. Or did I misunderstand all the memes?

He grows to understand his role over 30 hrs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't like bowser jr until the switch parental controls video

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cowcaster posted:

is this whole boju thing a simpsons joke or is my brain just full of worms

bowju is bower's son from mario, why would it be a simpsons joke

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsoc1K30Zb0

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess your brain was full of worms after all

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cowcaster posted:

i cant believe bowser had sex, ostensibly more than once

They all look around the same age so octuplets?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can’t believe Bowser had sex, ostensibly more than once, because that’s infinity more times than me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

HoJu and BowJu are pronounced differently, anyway

...unless the correct pronunciation of Bowser is "Boh-zer", I guess I never really thought about it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So long, big Boh-zer!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

i did pick up everspace in the steam sale but i haven’t gotten around to firing it up yet

trip report: fired it up and did the first sector which is just the tutorial, seems pretty much like what i was hoping for, though i would've preferred a persistent game instead of a roguelike

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/1021899864014123009

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

trip report: fired it up and did the first sector which is just the tutorial, seems pretty much like what i was hoping for, though i would've preferred a persistent game instead of a roguelike

Now I'm thinking about procgen euro truck simulator.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

today i'm feeling katamari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKiR7ASuldE

what's up with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've only played a couple of them but this is the best katamari song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_QydNXI_ok