Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, and we use Tupperware stuff every day. Sometimes bags are more convenient for some things (and fit better into her lunch bag), so having a better option for them would be nice. It doesn’t seem an unreasonable niche to attack, as Kickstarters go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Packing a lunch in a reusable box doesn't let me show how much I love the planet, especially compared to Karen.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tsietisin posted:

Oh my god. That bag has folded sides. And you can write on the bag. Truly this is a wonder of the ages.

Or you could use a sealable reusable container and never have to worry about any waste ever, plastic or otherwise.

B-b-b-but then I have to actually clean something and adding to the ever-growing amount of trash landfill is easier on me personally and if it's free range recycled all natural artisan baggies I can still feel smug and superior in the process!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I thought the point was that these didn’t go into landfill, because recyclable.

Am I really the only one here who uses Ziploc bags sometimes?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

I grew up poor and we always washed the Ziploc bags because every cent counted. As an adult it's kind of second nature, even if I'm financially secure right now it feels like I'm throwing away money if I don't try at least.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Don Gato posted:

I grew up poor and we always washed the Ziploc bags because every cent counted. As an adult it's kind of second nature, even if I'm financially secure right now it feels like I'm throwing away money if I don't try at least.

whatup ziploc bag washing buddy :hfive:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I use zippy bags and foldy sandwich bags all the time, and reuse some occasionally, but for a relatively dry sandwich + chips and whatever he's making and eating 5 times a week, why waste 5 foldy bags when you can quickly rinse or just wipe out the container

no idea if a reusable plastic container that undoubtedly used shitloads of water in its initial manufacturing and also cleaning over the years is more 'ethical' in the long run than dozens and dozens of paper bags because it's all gonna end up in a landfill or in the environment one way or another, but my water is included in rent and bags are not

snoo has a new favorite as of 05:55 on Jul 25, 2018

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It's not quite the same as a standalone console, but Sega has released a good chunk of the Genesis catalog through Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Until China just sends it back cause they don't want it.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-03-03/recycling-industry-in-crisis-can-it-be-fixed/9502512

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Don Gato posted:

I reuse my ziploc bags, but mainly so I don't have to go out and buy more bags.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Aramoro posted:

I reuse my ziploc bags, but mainly so I don't have to go out and buy more bags.

This is another benefit. We've bought two boxes of Ziplocs in something like five years. Since I am ridiculously cheap, this is gratifying.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Waste-to-energy plants are the future. Unfortunately people have almost as much fear of incinerators as atomz. :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/835422767/the-super-patriotic-dating-simulator

quote:

Karlee Esmailli here, the founder of Immigrant Father Studios. I'm an Iranian-American person, and I wrote a video game to express all my complex feelings towards America, the middle east, and my clitoris. I'm proud to present The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator.

The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is a satirical visual novel. Play as Elodie, a 19-year-old CIA super spy. As one of America's most ruthless agents, you’ve been assigned a deadly solo mission: infiltrate and destroy I***.

Besides the whole “super spy” thing, you’re just a normal American girl… who’s really horny. Give these fuckers an American rear end-kicking, and maybe learn a bit about your body on the way. Just remember the #1 rule of the CIA: always ask for consent.

7 different “dateable” characters, each with multiple character endings.
Geopolitical intrigue.
Beautiful illustrations at high-tension moments.
One horse.
Helpful reminders for white people that I*** is not representative of Islam or all middle eastern people

I love dating SIMs and visual novels. I love my family in Iran, my Persian nose, and middle eastern culture. I love being an American. I'm grateful to live in this country. Despite my love for these different components of my identity, I've felt a deep anxiety towards each of them. These mixed relationships of love and anxiety are the foundational components of The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator.

Dating SIMs, as a genre, have strong roots in the expression of sexuality. Female characters in many dating SIMs are built as sexual objects for heterosexual male players. I wanted to contribute a grounded, accurate, female perspective to this genre typically dominated by the male gaze. The protagonist's story arc in the game centers around the questions that I asked myself as a young woman. Elodie, the main character, wonders: Why am I not orgasming from just penetration? How do I orgasm? Am I gay or straight? Does my virginity matter? Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

To contrast against this grounded discussion of female sexuality, I wanted to subvert the sexual oppression that characterizes so much of I***'s politics. In reality, I***'s oppression of women exists within a patriarchal framework, which subjugates women's bodies, pleasure, and power to men. I found power and strength in an objectified caricature of members of I***. The same tools of objectification that have made me feel diminished, disrespected, and worthless as a woman can be used against the perpetrators of this gendered violence. The tactics of I*** are intended to terrorize. Subversion and comedy are particularly effective against this kind of politics. I want to rob I*** of the terror they work so hard to instill, through this reversal of the sexual narrative.

While the game directly addresses I***'s gender politics, it is equally informed by my identity as a middle eastern person in modern-day America. The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is specifically about I*** because of American perception of the middle east. To many white Americans, I*** is just a group of brown boogeymen in the desert. I*** is universally disavowed by Muslims - they are not a representative depiction of Islam. And yet, Americans tend to use I*** as the face of Islam and the middle east, and that terrifies me because they literally can't tell us apart and think we deserve to die. The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is a satire about this American perception. It's a satire of the dehumanizing, inaccurate, atrocious politics of American perception of middle eastern people. It's a desperate plea that we recognize how harmful that perception is.

Ultimately, my growth and understanding of my sexuality have been informed by my connection to middle eastern culture, American culture, and the conflicts I've experienced living between these two perspectives. The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is an expression of my personal experience -- my anger, my pleasure, my identity -- seen through the lens of comedy.

- Karlee Parvin Esmailli

You know, this might actually be a good Kickstarter.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Jul 26, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah i kinda like it after reading that and i might pay money for it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
those dudes are also

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

quote:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Eh, it's a dyin'.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

Q: Is there adult content in this game?
A: Not really! There’s some light nudity, and the characters do graphically discuss topics that include sexuality and violence, but there's nothing to see that's any different from what you'd watch on normal cable TV. The violence is cartoonish and befitting of a satirical spy action thriller, and we're definitely not going to show penetration or anything explicit, so this 100% counts as respectable art and my parents aren't allowed to get mad at me.

:lol:

this girl seems super cool and that realtalk blurb definitely puts the game into an interesting perspective.

sneakyfrog posted:

yeah i kinda like it after reading that and i might pay money for it

:same:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

T-man posted:

Eh, it's a dyin'.

loving lol

And of course he has an 11" dong

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who would even want to have sex with an 11" dong? Yes sign me up for a cervix bruisin' please

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

if only there was any other way to have sex with people with penises

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that every dude's dislike is America.

Hell, same.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CommunistPancake posted:

Colon bruising and uvula bruising don't appeal, either.

I know some people in the world are into big dicks, and mazel tov to y'all, but sometimes too much of good thing is hurty.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CommunistPancake posted:

Intercourse isn't the only form of sex but its nice to have the option :v: get over yourself

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Karlee Esmailli is the head of accounts for Cards Against Humanity, a game company so filthy rich it literally has its own PAC, so hopefully when people are done being wowed by her laser-focused kickstarter pitch they realize that she's just another wealthy established creator using Kickstarter as a preorder platform and for publicity. Especially when per the campaign page itself the game itself is already written so there's no way it's not going to be released one way or another.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

People kind of understand that recycling is a thing but don't put a lot of thought into what can be recycled. My apartment building got threatened with fines by the city because my fellow residents were putting mostly actual trash into the recycling bins.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

BattleMaster posted:

People kind of understand that recycling is a thing but don't put a lot of thought into what can be recycled. My apartment building got threatened with fines by the city because my fellow residents were putting mostly actual trash into the recycling bins.

For some people it's just an extra trash can. Last week probably half the houses on my street had their recycling bins tagged and not picked up due to trash in them.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

T-man posted:

Eh, it's a dyin'.

:laffo:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I like that every dude's dislike is America.
They really did their research!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sure at least one of them dislikes Israel

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

I'm sure at least one of them dislikes Israel

Combo platter

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Guy Mann posted:

Karlee Esmailli is the head of accounts for Cards Against Humanity, a game company so filthy rich it literally has its own PAC, so hopefully when people are done being wowed by her laser-focused kickstarter pitch they realize that she's just another wealthy established creator using Kickstarter as a preorder platform and for publicity. Especially when per the campaign page itself the game itself is already written so there's no way it's not going to be released one way or another.

How is that a bad thing?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cards Against Humanity sucks.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

pairofdimes posted:

For some people it's just an extra trash can. Last week probably half the houses on my street had their recycling bins tagged and not picked up due to trash in them.

Basically what happens here is you put your trash in trash cans and all of your unsorted recyclables into a green bin and a garbage truck drives around and gets the trash and then another garbage truck gets the recycling to totally be recycled I'm sure.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

For being residually edgelord, the cards against humanity company is fairly woke as far as corporations go

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Paladinus posted:

Cards Against Humanity sucks.

Bad opinions here.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

celewign posted:

Bad opinions here.

Don't sign your posts.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

celewign posted:

Bad opinions here.

____ is a slippery slope that leads to _____

super sweet best pal posted:

Don't sign your posts.

Hilarious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Sometimes it's not the kickstarters that are awful but the backers: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/hero-u-adventure-role-playing-game/comments