Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Took 14 hours of playtime to get the big exocraft and a decent sprint distance/jetpack.

Now the game finally begins, time to hunt some drop pods.

Somebody said you can buy inventory slots at stations, but i don't see where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Powershift posted:

Took 14 hours of playtime to get the big exocraft and a decent sprint distance/jetpack.

It's inside one of the storefronts, it looks like a booth and it's slightly next to and behind an NPC.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Powershift posted:

When you hop out of your ship, go to your right and it's the left-most vendor by the appearance changing station. Walk past the vendor and use the glowing exosuit.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

chaosapiant posted:

Does the space combat technique of “fly backwards, shoot forwards” still work?

dumb question: how do you fly backwards? I'm having a really terrible time with space combat

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ben Nerevarine posted:

It's inside one of the storefronts, it looks like a booth and it's slightly next to and behind an NPC.

Bloodplay it again posted:

When you hop out of your ship, go to your right and it's the left-most vendor by the appearance changing station. Walk past the vendor and use the glowing exosuit.

Thanks! now to teleport back through all my old stations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

A dead ancient plant for 12 million units :stare:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I am confused as to a thing that's happening.

2 of the 3 Korvax merchants on my starting space station and random NPCs are owned suddenly afraid of me and won't talk to me. Has this always been a thing?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Zaa Boogie posted:

2 of the 3 Korvax merchants on my starting space station and random NPCs are owned suddenly afraid of me and won't talk to me. Has this always been a thing?

Your standing has decreased. Have you been pirating in systems controlled by their races? Have you been loving up the "coin toss" dialogue trees?

Just spit-balling.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

how the gently caress do I even build a base or exocraft? I don’t have a blueprint analyzer or anything (continued on from a launch save) if that’s what I need

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ok, that's weird, because that's my friend...

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Zaa Boogie posted:

Apparently 16/16/16/16 meant something to them

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Mandrel posted:

(continued on from a launch save)

There's yer problem

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My sole frustration so far is the UI and I really hope they dedicate some time to it in the future because it's very annoying how there are some very basic commands that should work but don't, several more commands I should be able to rebind but can't seem to, and several UI interactions that don't seem to make sense at all.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
90% of my UI complaints would go away if they made menus and inventories navigable with WASD/d-pad and got rid of the hold-to-execute thing.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I love the possibility to keep around old ships and the fact you have to repair your scavenged ships to unlock the extra slots, but holy poo poo the costs in materials.

I am not a fan of the fact that now the game just spawns multi tools which cost a couple of millions.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Is it actually possible to find a nice earth-like planet that doesn't have firestorms or frenzied sentinels? I think it's time to start settling down but I don't want to deal with hazards.

Also, it's weird that everyone starts waving at me every time I go to the market.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

limaCAT posted:

I love the possibility to keep around old ships and the fact you have to repair your scavenged ships to unlock the extra slots, but holy poo poo the costs in materials.

I am not a fan of the fact that now the game just spawns multi tools which cost a couple of millions.

I mean you can get modules that give 5000% profit on discoveries. Pretty easy to visit a couple of planets and have that much money.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hamelekim posted:

I mean you can get modules that give 5000% profit on discoveries. Pretty easy to visit a couple of planets and have that much money.

I've played for 8~ hours and I've never found one of those, so it's pretty RNG if you can make good bank that way.

Also, I got screwed out of my free freighter, how do I get myself a bunch of money to just buy one? Because saving up for one is going too grindy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Does everyone on a mp session need the same mods? like if I install that UI cleanup mod am I going to have to convince all my friends that scanlines are evil too?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Totally now my favorite game to zone out on. Girlfriend is definitely enjoying it too, she compares it constantly to, "a 3D Starbound."

With a few more playable races, cosmetic transmog, farming & ranching, it'd be that. Toss in a Workshop page so people can usermake Really Neat Things, and ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Waffle House posted:

Totally now my favorite game to zone out on. Girlfriend is definitely enjoying it too, she compares it constantly to, "a 3D Starbound."

With a few more playable races, cosmetic transmog, farming & ranching, it'd be that. Toss in a Workshop page so people can usermake Really Neat Things, and ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

It already has workshop support, but only for bases.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I still feel like everything is a harder grind post-update. Like, you get less units of carbon/whatever iron is now per big plant/rock, and in ground deposits like copper definitely yield less. Also the terrain manipulator is a thirsty bitch.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

There should be some kind of Broker you can bribe over your comms, so that you can get a reprieve from sentinels in a planet of choice.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

John F Bennett posted:

Is it actually possible to find a nice earth-like planet that doesn't have firestorms or frenzied sentinels? I think it's time to start settling down but I don't want to deal with hazards.

Also, it's weird that everyone starts waving at me every time I go to the market.

I lucked out and this is my second planet, the one in my pics. There has only been one heated rainstorm outside of the base building scripted one, and I've spent copious amounts of time there dawdling about.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The_Doctor posted:

Also the terrain manipulator is a thirsty bitch.

it is a super thirsty bitch lol

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I created base on a lovely toxic mushroom planet where it rains non-stop. It sucks here, I'm getting the hell out.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
So I like the game so far but legit how do I stop system security craft from loving my day

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

John F Bennett posted:

I found one in my second system and called it Summerland. Always around 25°C, no precipitation, ample flora/fauna, quite earthy palette. It's where my (still neglected) base resides. I'll take some pics when I log on tonight.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They need to change how sentinel ship encounters work. If you fight them, they keep coming. If you try to flee, your pulse is disabled. You might as well reload. Its like the Dark Souls II Morton's fork where neither option works and the enemy has unlimited aggro.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is there no way to lose them? I legit cannot figure out how I have killed so many now and would like to just go to a station please

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I started a new save and found an orange paradise planet as my second one. It has huge clumps of stuff. Want 12 vortex cubes? 8 navigation cube thingies? 6 knowledge stones? Go crazy.

Started my base right in front of a series of caves with huge lakes in them. I just wish I could find the last three animal species...

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Trastion posted:

Is there some other way to combat? :)

You do x4 damage if you hit them in the butt. Chasing dudes in space combat isn't terribly difficult most of the time and they die almsot instantly if you hit them in the thrusters.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 26, 2018

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
Now that they have an actual coordinate system, I'm very tempted to try to make a map of an awesome planet I found. Granted if these planets are really planet sized, I would have to settle on a smaller map.

That said, I really wish they had maps in this game, but it might be fun to try and make my own. I could even use triangulation to figure out coastlines and stuff too. I wonder if there is a way to see your current elevation.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Trastion posted:

Also for anyone who doesn't already know, when you are doing these you can also choose to do the Tech & Extra Storage slots. Just click on their little bubbles on the suit to switch to that type.
loving thank you! I remember it used to be an option in the dialog and was wondering how the gently caress I upgraded those.

Hey so here's a question that maybe means I found a way to break the game. How do you lose a ship? As in, if I find 9 ships or add 9 ships to my collection, my freighter is going to be full. There's no way to outright sell a ship or lose a ship, meaning my collection can only ever expand but never get smaller. What am I missing here?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

How do I get more base blueprints? I need to build a landing pad so I’m not scraping for bits to take off.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

Yeah, the second planet ive been to is very lush, green, blue skies, lakes, and very chill sentinels. It also has really good spawns for teaching words.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

The_Doctor posted:

How do I get more base blueprints? I need to build a landing pad so I’m not scraping for bits to take off.

You get some by following the base quests, but most of them are from feeding salvaged tech to a blueprint analyzer. (It will unlock more options as you research more stuff)

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Was not prepared for the rolling radon fartbags on radioactive worlds.

This radioactive hellhole is potentially REALLY lucrative too. Has rock outcroppings of salt and chlorine. Both sell for ~ 100k per 250. Gonna park my freighter in orbit and load it up I think.

Also, noticed you can transport goods directly to storage chests from your inventory after you build them. Makes them really useful on resource planets.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The humble beginnings of Uncle Powershifts Mushroom Farm.

It's where acid is made!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Hamelekim posted:

Yes but I'd like to see a seven or eight slot multi tool so that I can upgrade before getting the profit boost tech.