Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The new Endless Legend expansion is made by the guys who rebooted Master of Orion, which I found to be milquetoast and uninspired. I'll probably still get it, but I'm less excited now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Supremacy link. You have to restart Steam to see it.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

The new Endless Legend expansion is made by the guys who rebooted Master of Orion, which I found to be milquetoast and uninspired. I'll probably still get it, but I'm less excited now.

The blog post on G2G elaborates more on the mechanics of the expansion, it seems more inspired than you might expect. My immediate read is that it is trying to make the late game more interesting.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

From that Inferno blog posted:

With the arrival of the Kapaku and their technology to change the face of Auriga, we have an opportunity to explore the planet’s harsher landscapes: The volatile but rich Volcanic Terrain.

More X4 games need terraforming. Hope you can make the Auriga into a lava paradise while screwing over everyone else.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Inferno Screenshots from Steam:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

There's a 20% off bundle to pre-order both game expansions on steam currently.

Inferno Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MfKfrDVDME

quote:

Hailing from a volcanic world ravaged by Sowers, forced to leave their home planet, the Kapaku land on Auriga with the firm intention to create a paradise of ash and fire…

Supremacy Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qe05XP5VFY

quote:

Fearless and aggressive, the Hissho are exceptional ground and space warriors. Anyone they come across will be viewed as an intruder, regardless of what airspace they are in, and the Hissho are always seeking 'volunteers' for their ceremonies of blood sacrifice. Crushingly strong in offence, the Hissho will only fall if you cannot sustain your war economy and let your Keii wither away…

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 26, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"Volcanic terrain can be a rough starting position for most races, since it’s very scarce in food, but ... most Volcanic Tiles have above-average yield of Industry, along with Science and Dust"

Guess where I'm starting all my Broken Lords from now on?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I think I like the Hissho and their keii ability from what I've read. I like how amplitude forces war in their games. ES2 needed another forced war faction because my games have been way too peaceful.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

I think I like the Hissho and their keii ability from what I've read. I like how amplitude forces war in their games. ES2 needed another forced war faction because my games have been way too peaceful.

Yeah I am digging the Hissho right now. I'll probably oscillate between them and the Lumeris for my mains. It's crazy to me how much better ES2 is than ES1. The intros and the new art and music help bring a lot of character to what I initially considered to be rather boring races, save the Horatio who were crazy weird from the get-go.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Not personally a huge fan of the Hissho, and their “always war for max happiness/FIDSI bonuses” unique traits don’t seems especially different from the Cravers, based on that little blurb at least. But I do find it interesting that they’re willing to promote minor factions to major factions, giving a little hope to the amoeba and harmony and whatnot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think a big difference between the Cravers and Hissho is that the Cravers need to roll over weak adversaries, whereas the Hissho can thrive while facing a more powerful enemy. It's not about chewing up worlds and needing new ones, they just need people to fight. The existence of the Cravers is always an existential threat, but hypothetically you could maintain a state of Cold War with the Hissho.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
The Kapaku music is so good. Also Auriga could use a little warming up I dunno what the other races could be complaining about :v

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I was a beta tester for Supremacy. Hissho feel *really* different from Cravers- their Keii rewards vary depending on how fair the fight is, and any retreat, even a lone scout from a giant doomfleet, will cost you a massive pile of Keii. In fact the best way to gain Keii is to conquer a strong planet and plunder it for resources, but leave it under enemy control (this is a thing all factions can do now, along with completely razing a system.)
Secondly, Hissho start with a Behemoth, and are really *good* at building them too. By the mid-late game, Behemoths can destroy solar systems, un-Deplete planets, get science from black holes and strip-mine neutral planets; so that Behemoth focus is really handy...
Thirdly, Hissho have a lot of weird economic boosts based on spending/gaining Keii, and all the default Laws are greatly altered to incorporate Keii rather than happiness or whatever. For istance they can burn a quarter of their Keii for a unique system improvement which, rather than boosting dust or research or whatever, gives you a flat FIDSI boost.
Finally, and maybe most crucially, colonisation with the Hissho is AGONISINGLY slow. It costs a great big pile of Keii to settle a system, which means until you get the "kill your own population for Keii every three election cycles" ritual, adding a new system will absolutely tank influence and dust across your empire. This point combined with the first and third points mean that Hissho tend to end up with a small number of really really good systems rather than a big paint-the-map empire.
My only complaint is that the voice acting for the Hissho diplomacy screen is like somethign from a bargain basement anime. Which may be a point in its favour for some people...
I really enjoyed playing the Hissho as the galactic policeman, ony allying with empires in trouble and only declaring war on empires with higher scores than mine, that sort of thing. Going full aztec-samurai-death-cult is absolutely a viable option too!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tree Bucket posted:

I really enjoyed playing the Hissho as the galactic policeman, ony allying with empires in trouble and only declaring war on empires with higher scores than mine, that sort of thing. Going full aztec-samurai-death-cult is absolutely a viable option too!

This sounds like an amazing concept and I am very excited to try it out

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

"Volcanic terrain can be a rough starting position for most races, since it’s very scarce in food, but ... most Volcanic Tiles have above-average yield of Industry, along with Science and Dust"

Guess where I'm starting all my Broken Lords from now on?

Oh, poo poo, yeah, this is probably a really good idea.

These "Dust Eclipse" things as the opposite of winters sound neat too--brief moments where everybody gets a bonus of some kind.

Honestly excited to test this out next week.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Some betatester redditor on what the Dust Storms acutally do:

quote:

Wild Walkers have their senses heightened by the Eclipse, enhancing their bonds to Auriga to such extent that they have Global Sharing and reduced Movement Cost on Forests. This allows them to anticipate their enemy’s movements, and gives them the added mobility to react swiftly and meet them head on.

Broken Lords, uniquely attuned to shifting of Dust in Auriga, are able to harness the Eclipse’s power to increase the power of their armies, but at a great cost. Their units and heroes gain a new army action, similar to the Allayi Forced Shift, granting them a new capacity for a turn. This Consuming Fire increases the Damage of units by 30%, but causes the unit to take 10% of its maximum health as damage at the start of each combat turn.

Vaulters / Mezari can harness the power of the Eclipse to increase the accuracy of their Teleport. While the Holy Resource Boost is active During an Eclipse, units can be transported directly to a Vaulter or Mezari Hero’s Army – anywhere on the map. Instant reinforcements!

Necrophages will notice something some of the components of their Recycled Stockpiles are not as dead as they seem, receiving bonus Battleborns from Stockpiles. These not-so-fresh recruits receive all the applicable bonuses from buildings on the city, and make excellent last-minute defenses while the main army is away from the colony.

Ardent Mages, already uniquely attuned to Dust Magic, discover new depths to the power given to them through Ardent Fire. During an Eclipse, Ardent Fire provides bonus Damage as well as Attack, making their units even more dangerous while on low life.

Roving Clans may not be as fond of battle as other factions, but that doesn’t mean they are unable to take advantage of the unique opportunities of the Eclipse. Their Setsekes find the Dust-rich atmosphere invigorating, gaining massive stat boosts to Speed, Attack and Damage when packed up and on the move. Even while unpacked, their good spirits are infectious, providing cities a life regeneration area around them, similar to the effect found on Watchtowers.

Drakken Diplomats are able to take advantage of the general confusion and bouts of arcane mysticism the Eclipses bring to the other factions, and as such there are able to lean on others more easily, having Reduced Influence Cost for all Diplomatic Actions – Even Forced Truces and Alliances.

Cultists, on the other hand, spur the feelings of zealousness and fanaticisms that the Eclipses instill in Minor Factions as a sign from the Queen, giving all Minor Faction Units a Stat Boost based on City Level. This effect is similar to Unleash Potential, but multiplied by the City Center level of their Capital.

Forgotten can leverage the liquidity of Dust during an Eclipse to perform a unique Infiltration Action, Dust Opportunist steals directly from the coffers of the infiltrated faction. This action steals a small flat amount of Dust and a small Percentage amount of Dust from the target, meaning that it can bankrupt poor factions or produce large amounts of Dust by stealing from rich ones.

Allayi see this unnatural turn of events as a clear sign of Auriga’s last dying throes, and in this Time of Need they move swiftly to save her. All armies under their control gain increased Movement during an Eclipse, as well as an additional action point.

Morgawr are the only faction able to take advantage of the rough seas created by the Eclipse’s influence. As Riders of Wild Winds, they gain massive Embarked movement during an Eclipse.

The Kapaku, although strangers to Auriga, have a very keen sense of earthen energies. During Eclipses, they are able to sense the locations of Map Boosts in their settled regions and their neighbors, and they receive increased effects from the Boosts they collec

Also, they burn stategic resources to volcanoform (with the costs increasing incrementally), so they're menat to be a bit of a scorched earth faction.

Also, the premiere is scheduled for August 2nd!

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 27, 2018

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The other big deal in Supremacy is the Behemoths. They're beautiful huge ships with a whole lot of module slots; you can use them for boosting FIDSI on your planets, extracting strategic res or FIDSI from special nodes like black holes and resource and FIDSI extraction from neutral planets. You can also use them to terraform planets (even neutral ones) or rebuild destroyed planets, or repair Craver depletion. So they're super versatile, with a nice steady upgrade ramp, and start out surprisingly cheap.
Towards the back end of the game, however, you get to unlock the really fun stuff: you can convert individual Behemoths into immobile, warp-preventing, super-defensive Citadels, big stompy Dreadnoughts, or best of all, Obliterators. My first encounter with the Obliterator involved a comet-like object appearing on the map, which moved a bit closer to my second-best system each turn; and the game doesn't tell you what or when the shot will hit- you have to eyeball it. With the result that I was one turn away from finishing my hideously expensive System Shield when the missile hit. Every ship, every improvement, every planet, every hero in the planet was instantly and utterly destroyed. It was not a nice feeling.
(If you're wondering, the Shield only halves the damage taken from the Obliterator, as does establishing a Citadel there. You need to do *both* to negate all affects of the Obliterator.)
Incidentally, early in the beta, one of the more devoted players succeeded in wiping out every single star system on the map that was not his own, which resulted in some balancing. For instance, the poor Unfallen were given a free automatic Shield on their Homeworld....

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Lichtenstein posted:

Also, the premiere is scheduled for August 2nd!

It's nice to have high visibility of the things developers are working on, but I've got to admit: I also like being periodically blindsided by something like this. "Oh hey we're doing this unexpected thing and it's coming out in a couple of weeks." It's a nice contrast to hearing about something and then keeping tabs on it for months, occasionally only to see it get delayed one or more times.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Jumping back a bit to non 4x Endless games but they should totally do space rangers where you're an academy heroes instead of a merc. Or what was that game where you were a merc and the various factions were basically ai playing a 4x against each other? Maybe something like that.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Inferno looks cool.

I'm looking forward to buying it, seeing 20 of you express interest in getting MP going again, painstakingly picking a time when everyone's available, and then nobody showing up.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Endless Space 2 became a Good Game sooooo slowly that I barely noticed it happening, but I played all evening yesterday and now I just want to get back to it today.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The past few updates have really added to the game, it's come along really nicely.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is there a guide to what research path you should generally follow for ES2? By the time you get to mid game, there like a dozen options for you to pick.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
I went back to EL to prep for the dlc and decided to go with the sea monsters. I waited till the elves were in a life or death war, lit up their entire coast with minor rebellions, then rolled into their capital with a stack of demons hopped up on death meth. That may be the most Morgawr thing I've ever done.

Also, Morgawr production is insane. You gotta love how the bonuses for factions in this game are often subtly bound up in things like the way you interact with technology....like how my coastal bonuses work with production enhancing tech.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
So... do you guys want to get MP EL going again with the new DLC?

What time works for everyone?

1. Avasculous

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Helion posted:

I went back to EL to prep for the dlc and decided to go with the sea monsters. I waited till the elves were in a life or death war, lit up their entire coast with minor rebellions, then rolled into their capital with a stack of demons hopped up on death meth. That may be the most Morgawr thing I've ever done.

Also, Morgawr production is insane. You gotta love how the bonuses for factions in this game are often subtly bound up in things like the way you interact with technology....like how my coastal bonuses work with production enhancing tech.

I've found it really hard to get excited about civs in the Civilization series after the Endless games. There's the civ approach, of "+1 Industry Under Quite Specific Circumstances," and the Endless approach of balancing things by giving everyone absolutely enormous bonuses.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So i picked up Endless legend recently and ive been running into some issues with the game and i was wondering if this thread could help. Im currently playing as vaulters to feel the game out so some faction specific advice probably applies but general advice is welcome as well.

1. Im getting lost in the tech tree after the first era. I know to get mills, mints, libraries and seed stores as well as waiting on upgraded weapons for era two but after that im lost.

2. Unlike civ I noticed that there is no 'produce science/wealth/food/faith/etc." option for the production tab so when ive built all the buildings I want and have all the military units I need I have no idea what to do with my cities. I feel like this is just down to me not researching new buildings fast enough but I could be missing something a lot bigger here.

3. How exactly should I be expanding? I feel like I should be spamming settlers in order to gobble up territory but it also feels like im hilariously overextending.

4. When should I interact with the ocean and what should my approach be there. The ocean regions seem laughably hard to defend without permanently garrisonning everything but im not sure im gaining that much if I do that.

5. I have no idea how im supposed to interact with the pearl mechanic.

6. I dont understand what im supposed to be doing with minor factions. I usually just assimilate the one with the best bonus and ignore their military units. I know the morgwar need to rely on them for their ground foces but i dont know what to look for in their units (other than daemons=good rear end units) or if it even matters to the other factions.

7. How much should I be focusing on legendary deeds? Im guessing i just ignore them unless I see an easy one.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I haven't played in a few months, but from memory:

1. Science is a huge barrier to learning this game because you have to learn what 20 different things do in each new era. There is nothing you can do here except keep playing and let it set in with time.

2. In Era 2 or 3, there is a tech that lets you build stockpiles, which pretty much do what you are describing. What you described is a problem until you get those though.

3. Someone better at the game than me should take this one. But it isn't like Civ where every faction should expand similarly. Some factions should expand fast in this game, and some should expand slowly.

4. Unless I'm the Morgawr, I only focus on oceans if I'm landlocked from expanding by other factions.

5. Another thing you'll learn as time goes on. Interacting with winter and pearls takes good knowledge of the game to properly exploit. Build the Temple of Auriga early on and experiment. Maybe play the Allayi for a few games to help you understand winter a little better. Other factions won't use winter to the extent the Allayi do, but it will give you an idea.

6. Each minor village you pacify gives you one population in your city in that region, even if they aren't assimilated. Some factions interact with minor factions differently, but the most common thing would be to pacify them. As you get better at the game, you may start seeing that certain minor factions are worth assimilating for their units if you are playing a faction where that minor unit will fill in a gap in the weakness of your own units.

7. You are correct.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

AnEdgelord posted:

So i picked up Endless legend recently and ive been running into some issues with the game and i was wondering if this thread could help. Im currently playing as vaulters to feel the game out so some faction specific advice probably applies but general advice is welcome as well.

Honestly go into the game settings and turn off the expansions for your first few games. Learnt he basics before messing with the extra gameplay they add.

AnEdgelord posted:

6. I dont understand what im supposed to be doing with minor factions. I usually just assimilate the one with the best bonus and ignore their military units. I know the morgwar need to rely on them for their ground foces but i dont know what to look for in their units (other than daemons=good rear end units) or if it even matters to the other factions.

7. How much should I be focusing on legendary deeds? Im guessing i just ignore them unless I see an easy one.

6. The cult also really needs them. For most races you are good to just use their bonuses.

7. Basically go for the ones that you're specializing in and ignore the rest. Their bonuses are nice but not worth losing the game over. Legendary buildings, on the other hand, are worth pursuing if you're able.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Most deeds are a PITA, but first two wonder buildings are decent. Well ok, the first one is nice while being easy to snipe, and the industrial megapole is gloriously overpowered, so they average out!

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.

Tree Bucket posted:

I've found it really hard to get excited about civs in the Civilization series after the Endless games. There's the civ approach, of "+1 Industry Under Quite Specific Circumstances," and the Endless approach of balancing things by giving everyone absolutely enormous bonuses.

EL has made me realize just how little the Civilization series has evolved since the 1990s. The level of gameplay innovation (or lack thereof) is just incomparable.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's hard to imagine making radical mechanical features for a collection of cultures that are all the same biological race, though. Venice in Civ V was the closest I've seen to something like that.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It's hard to imagine making radical mechanical features for a collection of cultures that are all the same biological race, though. Venice in Civ V was the closest I've seen to something like that.

That's pretty artificial anyway though, right? I don't think Civ needs to be nearly as symmetrical as it is.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

EL has made me realize just how little the Civilization series has evolved since the 1990s. The level of gameplay innovation (or lack thereof) is just incomparable.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

These are both true.

The problem with the Civ games is that they don't take advantage of their familiar gameplay. I settled into every Civ game like I'd been playing it for years because I have. I usually like that because I generally like the game. The problem is that such a familiar game should have been perfected by now. The pacing should be perfect, the end game should not be a boring slog, the UI should show information, navies should matter, and known issues from the previous entry should have been addressed. I'm losing a lot of interest in the series, and it needs a direct competitor so I can jump ship.

One thing that I do like about Civ V and VI is that the factions are just different enough that I can properly exploit their advantages without the game completely changing. In EL, I only really care about oceans if I'm the Morgawr, I only really care about stealth and espionage if I'm the Forgotten, and I only really care about the marketplace if I'm the Roving Clans. It makes each faction different and fun, but they each still feel like they are playing different games on the same board, and it makes war feel like the only common action. The numerous, uninteractive victory conditions don't help this.

In contrast, the Civilization series does feel like every faction is playing the same game, and I don't ignore any aspect of the game when I'm playing it.The downside is that even though every faction is playing the same game, that game sucks.

I think what the Endless series needs is some factions that have half powers that dabble into other aspects of the game. Maybe the Roving Clans are the faction that interact most uniquely and favorably with the market, but give two other factions some trait that slightly encourages market play so the Roving Clans aren't just marketing all by themselves with no competition.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 29, 2018

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

AnEdgelord posted:

1. Im getting lost in the tech tree after the first era. I know to get mills, mints, libraries and seed stores as well as waiting on upgraded weapons for era two but after that im lost.

2. Unlike civ I noticed that there is no 'produce science/wealth/food/faith/etc." option for the production tab so when ive built all the buildings I want and have all the military units I need I have no idea what to do with my cities. I feel like this is just down to me not researching new buildings fast enough but I could be missing something a lot bigger here.

3. How exactly should I be expanding? I feel like I should be spamming settlers in order to gobble up territory but it also feels like im hilariously overextending.

4. When should I interact with the ocean and what should my approach be there. The ocean regions seem laughably hard to defend without permanently garrisonning everything but im not sure im gaining that much if I do that.

5. I have no idea how im supposed to interact with the pearl mechanic.

1. The first-era techs are usually the most essential and everything else gets more specific as you go. You can't over-research because the cost of all techs goes up a bit when you research something, so later on you need to prioritize based on your current needs.

2. "Just make wealth" as a tab isn't an option in this game, but instead you can research techs that let you make stockpiles for later, which are industrial/science/food boosters you use for later on specific cities from the empire menu. Also you can shuffle your citizens around in the pop manager above to things other than industry, like Dust (money). I reccomend you shuffle at least one pop to the Influence tab since influence is hard to generate without citizens (you can't mine paperwork from the earth).

3. About one city per era unless you are REALLY good at happiness. Unlike Civ, luxuries are not just constantly producing happiness, you stockpile them in the empire screen and burn them all at once for a temporary boost (this always includes happiness and usually some other bonus). Building new districts also decreases a city's happiness, unless the district is near four other ones, then it improves into a district that produces bonus happiness instead. So triangular/hexagonal cities are usually the most ideal, but you can also make a two-hex-wide strip.

4. The ocean used to be nothing but an obstacle in old games till they introduced the Tempest expansion. You can still choose to ignore it, because it is indeed hard to defend those outposts in the sea unless you make a lot of sea units, but the benefit is they often have facilities that give you resources before you even have the techs necessary to make those resources.

5. Pearls are just a bonus. For everyone but the Allayi, they're nice but not necessary. They appear during winter, but persist to the summer. Scooping them up lets you build an "Altar to Auriga" which opens up a little menu on the bottom right that lets you spend further pearls on voting on what future disasters winter will bring, or other unique structures or whatever. That said, you can finnese them if you so choose.

6. Minor factions, at first, are just like barbarian tribes from Civ, except their villages are permanent. When hostile they pump out occasional baddies who harass you. You can pacify them by force or you can go on a quest for them. Going on a quest pacifies all minor faction villages in that region at once, so it can be worth your while. The benefit of pacification is if they're in a region you've settled, they add to your pop bonus to the city, giving you more workers. "Assimilating" a minor faction makes their civilization part of yours which meas you can build their unique unit, some of which are very powerful, and also a global benefit based on how many villages of that type are in your dominion, like +5% Dust everywhere for every Delver village you own. Assimilating a faction for its unit is useful for filling in the tactical holes in your army, because there are six unit types and each major faction can only build three. So anyone who needs a flying unit for scouting around, for example, can get Daemons, or if winter is kicking your rear end you can assimilate a minor faction that has a winterproof unit.

7. Legendary deeds are like Wonders in that they are nice bonuses to pursue but not critical.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Picked up the expansion pass DLC pack that Amplitude put out to get both Inferno and Hissho.

Originally, weren't the Hissho just a minor faction in ES2? This does sort of makes the possibility of the other minor factions that might have been major in Endless Space 1 becoming Major through an expansion

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
awww yesss just inject it into my veins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hHytNpC9oQ

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
The Hissho are really fun and the first empire I've seen that can really do the whole "Tall build" thing really well in ES2. They get oodles of percentage bonuses to FIDSI (especially Industry) - like a law at the start of the game that gives +25% FIDSI in every system in trade for a point of Keii a turn for every colonized system you own. There's also the Way of the Obsidian Eagle, which can provide up to +45% bonus industry in a target system if you spend some Keii/Dust/Titanium on it. You will have drastically fewer systems than any other faction but they will be terrifying centers of industry.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

IAmTheRad posted:

Picked up the expansion pass DLC pack that Amplitude put out to get both Inferno and Hissho.

Originally, weren't the Hissho just a minor faction in ES2? This does sort of makes the possibility of the other minor factions that might have been major in Endless Space 1 becoming Major through an expansion

One of the patch notes for 1.33 include this line:

"Hissho Minor faction is now called Yuusho"

I'm really liking that they took a Minor faction, made them a major, and continued to keep the minor faction present as a different tribe of the same faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How are the expansions? I sat down to play earlier before work, but they unlocked as my shift started.