Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife is so mad sherman is on the 49ers and I'm buying her a sherman shirsey at the open practice Saturday lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Spoeank posted:

My wife is so mad sherman is on the 49ers and I'm buying her a sherman shirsey at the open practice Saturday lol

drat dude you're literally consorting with the enemy? ;)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Who's going to have the best secondary in the NFC West this year?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Who's going to have the best secondary in the NFC West this year?

The Rams. Next year, the 49ers.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

Sherman just coined this nickname on the NFL Network for our young secondary. Pretty cool, hope it catches on.

What, like the Crystal Method album? It's catchy, I'll give it that. Maybe it'll catch on.

Play posted:

She could just be like my Uncle and be a 49ers fan who won't stop hating Sherman, lol. He really is an outstanding troll.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The 49ers have so many young talented players on defense that they could and should be very very good eventually. I mean how many first round/top 10 picks are on that D?

Coldforge posted:

The Rams. Next year, the 49ers.

If Trumaine Johnson is really hurt that could be bad for the Rams. I also kind of wonder how well Peters will even fit into what the Rams do.

shirts and skins posted:

She could just be like my Uncle and be a 49ers fan who won't stop hating Sherman, lol. He really is an outstanding troll.

lmao yes, yes he is. He doesn't have to pretend, he's an absolute natural

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lol Sherman pulled off the football equivalent of a James Comey: lifelong conservative cop villian who sent out the "BUT HER EMAILS" memo with one week to go in the campaign and then made himself a leftist hero in a few months by switching teams and being a dick on twitter.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

The 49ers have so many young talented players on defense that they could and should be very very good eventually. I mean how many first round/top 10 picks are on that D?

Not many. Only 2 top 10 picks, another 3 first rounders.

edit:(two of whom aren't even starters and are probably being shopped).

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 26, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

If Trumaine Johnson is really hurt that could be bad for the Rams. I also kind of wonder how well Peters will even fit into what the Rams do.

lmao yes, yes he is. He doesn't have to pretend, he's an absolute natural

LaMarcus Joyner you mean? It's loving weird because they haven't indicated anything at all and there's photos of him arriving at camp looking great.

Peters will good as long as the Rams pass rush plays to potential. He's the kind of freelancing CB that Wade Phillips gets excited about.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

LaMarcus Joyner you mean? It's loving weird because they haven't indicated anything at all and there's photos of him arriving at camp looking great.

Peters will good as long as the Rams pass rush plays to potential. He's the kind of freelancing CB that Wade Phillips gets excited about.

Right my bad, forgot Trumaine was the guy traded. This coming season is the season for the Rams; they don't have contracts past this season for Peters, Suh, Talib, Donald OR Johnson (who's on the franchise tag right?) as far as I know.

I've been frustrated by Peters in the past because he plays out of position and is really really bad at in cutting routes; gives up a lot of third downs that way. I think he'll either be incredible or a disappointment

Coldforge posted:

Not many. Only 2 top 10 picks, another 3 first rounders.

edit:(two of whom aren't even starters and are probably being shopped).

I guess what I noticed is how young Deforest Buckner, Arik Armistead, Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster are for all being first round picks. At some point that defense is going to start having to perform better

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

I guess what I noticed is how young Deforest Buckner, Arik Armistead, Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster are for all being first round picks. At some point that defense is going to start having to perform better

Here's a rundown of the starters, since I'm in the mood to give you way too much information:

Defense:
Arik Armstead - DL (mid 1st)
Earl Mitchell - DL (3rd by Houston)
DeFo Buckner - DL (top 10)
Solomon Thomas - DL (top 10)
Eli Harold - LB (3rd)
Reuben Foster - LB (late 1st)
Malcolm Smith - LB (7th by Seattle)
Dick Sherman - CB (5th by Seattle)
Ahkello Witherspoon - CB (3rd)
K'waunn Williams - CB (UDFA)
Jaquiski Tartt - S (2nd)
Adrian Colbert - S (7th)
Jimmie Ward - S/CB primary backup (late 1st)

Offense:
Jimmy G - QB (2nd round, both times)
Pierre Garcon - WR (6th by Indy)
Marquise Goodwin - WR (3rd by Buffalo)
Trent Taylor - WR (5th)
Joe Staley - OL (1st)
Laken Tomlinson - OL (1st by Lions)
Weston Richburg - OL (2nd by Giants)
Josh Garnett - OL (1st)
Mike McGlinchey - OL (top 10)
George Kittle - TE (4th)
Jerick McKinnon - RB (3rd by Minny)
Kyle Juszczyk - FB (4th by Baltimore)

They have almost as many 1st rounders on their OL as they do on their entire defense (dead even, if you count Jonathan Cooper) :lol:

They had too many holes in the roster for either unit to do well. This year, I really can't spot any egregious issues (maybe WR?) & both sides should be much better, but it'll take them a year to gel.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

malik mcdowell cut

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Play posted:

She's a niners fan.

Who holds a lot of grudges

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

malik mcdowell cut

Here's a fun article looking at the impact of his pick.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattufford/2018/07/25/malik-mcdowell-atv-injury-bust-fallout/

quote:

McDowell has never taken a snap for the Seahawks, and his future in Seattle looks bleak (UPDATE: McDowell was waived on the first day of training camp). For the moment, there is hope that he can return to the field one day — and certainly, gratitude that his injury wasn't worse — but in the meantime, it's worth examining the far-reaching effects that his selection and subsequent injury has had on the Seahawks' personnel moves.

Taken as a whole, McDowell's selection and subsequent absence have cost the Seahawks three consecutive second-round picks, a third-round pick, a hole on the defensive line that has now been plugged twice with one-year stopgaps, depth on the offensive line in 2017, and depth in the wide receiver corps in 2018.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

Right my bad, forgot Trumaine was the guy traded. This coming season is the season for the Rams; they don't have contracts past this season for Peters, Suh, Talib, Donald OR Johnson (who's on the franchise tag right?) as far as I know.

I've been frustrated by Peters in the past because he plays out of position and is really really bad at in cutting routes; gives up a lot of third downs that way. I think he'll either be incredible or a disappointment

Right now their relevant 2019 Free Agents(Starters) are

LaMarcus Joyner(Franchised this year)
Ndamukong Suh
Rodger Saffold
Aaron Donald
Rob Havenstein
Jamon Brown
Cory Littleton

Suh is definitely a 1 year thing unless he wants to take a significant paycut to stay around. They picked up the 5th year option on Peters so he's around until 2020, Talib still has 2 years left. The panic will be around Havenstein as he's a really good, young starting Right Tackle. They could probably afford to let Brown walk, he's decent but they drafted a few guys this year to replace him. Saffold will stick around on a team-friendly deal for a few more years. Littleton is the projected ILB starter and I could see them getting him on a team-friendly 2-3 year midseason if he plays well.

Donald is the question mark, this is the most recent news

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1022452256162111489

It sounds like he wants to stick around and the team wants to keep him, it's just a matter of him getting his mega-contract.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

Here's a rundown of the starters, since I'm in the mood to give you way too much information:

Defense:
Arik Armstead - DL (mid 1st)
Earl Mitchell - DL (3rd by Houston)
DeFo Buckner - DL (top 10)
Solomon Thomas - DL (top 10)
Eli Harold - LB (3rd)
Reuben Foster - LB (late 1st)
Malcolm Smith - LB (7th by Seattle)
Dick Sherman - CB (5th by Seattle)
Ahkello Witherspoon - CB (3rd)
K'waunn Williams - CB (UDFA)
Jaquiski Tartt - S (2nd)
Adrian Colbert - S (7th)
Jimmie Ward - S/CB primary backup (late 1st)

Offense:
Jimmy G - QB (2nd round, both times)
Pierre Garcon - WR (6th by Indy)
Marquise Goodwin - WR (3rd by Buffalo)
Trent Taylor - WR (5th)
Joe Staley - OL (1st)
Laken Tomlinson - OL (1st by Lions)
Weston Richburg - OL (2nd by Giants)
Josh Garnett - OL (1st)
Mike McGlinchey - OL (top 10)
George Kittle - TE (4th)
Jerick McKinnon - RB (3rd by Minny)
Kyle Juszczyk - FB (4th by Baltimore)

They have almost as many 1st rounders on their OL as they do on their entire defense (dead even, if you count Jonathan Cooper) :lol:

They had too many holes in the roster for either unit to do well. This year, I really can't spot any egregious issues (maybe WR?) & both sides should be much better, but it'll take them a year to gel.

Hey why not get some analysis in on the lineup with the season about to start? Probably I got the impression that the niners defense (especially the line) had a lot of young first rounders because the announcers often bring it up and the 49ers have been bad enough recently to have a lot of high first round picks. Apparently the defense hasn't "clicked" to the satisfaction of many.

Assuming McGlinchey works out and Richburg stays healthy, that line looks really good actually.

Sherm calling the secondary the legion of boom is hilarious though. He's still got it

DariusLikewise posted:

Suh is definitely a 1 year thing unless he wants to take a significant paycut to stay around. They picked up the 5th year option on Peters so he's around until 2020, Talib still has 2 years left. The panic will be around Havenstein as he's a really good, young starting Right Tackle. They could probably afford to let Brown walk, he's decent but they drafted a few guys this year to replace him. Saffold will stick around on a team-friendly deal for a few more years. Littleton is the projected ILB starter and I could see them getting him on a team-friendly 2-3 year midseason if he plays well.

That's a lot better than I thought, I hadn't realized Talib got a reasonably length deal and that they got Peters fifth year. And yeah Havenstein needs to be paid, that whole line will need to get a bit of an overhaul at some point. The way the Rams have approached team-building is pretty interesting and I'm equal parts excited and worried about what the outcome will be

I was mentioning in the other thread that the offensive line is a bit concerning, especially with depth. The group as a unit performed really really well last season, better than most were expecting I think. John Sullivan has been hurt before as has Whitworth and they're both pretty old guys. Jamon Brown is suspended for the start of the season as well.

O line guys getting hurt and then having to shuffle dudes around has really hamstringed (hamstrung?) some good offenses if they don't have enough depth there (or even if they do).

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Yeah, this era of the Seahawks was bound to end soon anyway, but this pick and the subsequent moved trying to fill that hole really brought it to an end sooner.

It should be a rough season, but I'm honestly happy that the team is working on building a new core all at once rather than trying to extend the previous aging group. I'd rather have a mediocre to bad year with the potential to be better later than turn into the Ravens. Of course with the coordinators they hired maybe the whole thing will crash and burn anyway. That's sports. :shrug:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Sherm didn't actually call it the Legion of Boom, that was me just making a joke that was apparently too close to expectations :kiddo:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm so excited for the 2018 season. NFCWest is going to be super fun to watch, every team has something interesting going for it.

If the Seahawks don't win the superbowl I hope it's somebody in the NFCWest.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm so excited for the 2018 season. NFCWest is going to be super fun to watch, every team has something interesting going for it.

If the Seahawks don't win the superbowl I hope it's somebody in the NFCWest.

gently caress no wtf are you talking about. if the seahawks dont win the only nfc west acceptable team to win it is the cardinals.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

That's a lot better than I thought, I hadn't realized Talib got a reasonably length deal and that they got Peters fifth year. And yeah Havenstein needs to be paid, that whole line will need to get a bit of an overhaul at some point. The way the Rams have approached team-building is pretty interesting and I'm equal parts excited and worried about what the outcome will be

I was mentioning in the other thread that the offensive line is a bit concerning, especially with depth. The group as a unit performed really really well last season, better than most were expecting I think. John Sullivan has been hurt before as has Whitworth and they're both pretty old guys. Jamon Brown is suspended for the start of the season as well.

O line guys getting hurt and then having to shuffle dudes around has really hamstringed (hamstrung?) some good offenses if they don't have enough depth there (or even if they do).

Whitworth I think has only missed 8 games in like 14 years I'm pretty sure, Sullivan is a risk to injury but he was also really loving good last year. They have replacements lined up for Whitworth and Sullivan in Notebloom and Allen which is good. Jamon Brown really is a replacement level guy and I'm pretty sure his 4-game suspension is going to cost him a starting job and a good second contract. Havenstein will get paid for sure, the Rams have 60 million in cap space as of right now next year and even if Donald gets 20m there's still enough to lock him up to a decent deal. Saffold is kind of the wildcard, he gets hurt though last year he stayed healthy and the Rams gave him a massive contract for a Guard that no one else really wanted him 5 years ago and I'm not sure there will be a market for him next year.

Really injuries are the risk for any team and I'm not sure there's anyone out there that could survive 2 starters going down without a massive drop in the quality of play. The Rams have lots of untested guys in backup positions right now so it would interesting to see if any of them could step up.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

Whitworth I think has only missed 8 games in like 14 years I'm pretty sure

So you're saying he's due!

EmbryoSteve posted:

gently caress no wtf are you talking about. if the seahawks dont win the only nfc west acceptable team to win it is the cardinals.

All you bird teams just flock together, it's the worst.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Rams have also been super lucky with injury for the last two years, and historically that sort of thing is pretty random. The Rams feel so high variance, especially with all of those big personalities. They could cruise to a championship or totally fall apart.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

shirts and skins posted:

The Rams have also been super lucky with injury for the last two years, and historically that sort of thing is pretty random. The Rams feel so high variance, especially with all of those big personalities. They could cruise to a championship or totally fall apart.

On paper its like "holy moly Rams are a dream team" but yeah, the NFC is super stacked and injuries can happen to anyone so who knows.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ed Dickson, who I forgot we signed, started camp on the PUP

WILL THIS BE NICK VANNETT'S YEAR???? (it will not)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Ed Dickson, who I forgot we signed, started camp on the PUP

WILL THIS BE NICK VANNETT'S YEAR???? (it will not)

Apparently he's on the NFI with a groin strain. Could be a lingering thing so no timetable for return, but apparently nothing serious.

So, indeed, it will not be Nick Vannett's year, since it seems like he's already behind Dissly on the depth chart without Dissly even playing a snap yet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah this is kind of how I was feeling, that there is potential for things to get rough there with a few key injuries. Sure that's true of every team, but last year the Rams were very fortunate when it came to injuries. The O line outplayed how they looked on paper, then if you take some of the key guys away all the sudden the running game isn't working as well, so play action doesn't work as well, so guys don't get open and the quarterback gets sacked etc. etc. Then McVay's gameplan doesn't thrive like it did last season.

I just like the Rams so I worry for them

I like these kind of "what if" articles.

Another thing I was thinking about the other day was how the Seahawks have been harmed in the same way by not recognizing some of the talent they already had on their team. Alex Collins is now in Baltimore looking like a feature back, and a good one at that. If the coaching staff had understood what they had they wouldn't have had to spend their first round pick this last draft the way they did, among various other knock-on effects. Mcdowell wasn't their fault obviously, this one definitely was.

That also ties into this story because if they hadn't gotten rid of Alex Collins they could've spent their first rounder on defensive tackle and finally replaced McDowell but then it couldn't/didn't happen

Play fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 27, 2018

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Whitworth I think has only missed 8 games in like 14 years I'm pretty sure, Sullivan is a risk to injury but he was also really loving good last year. They have replacements lined up for Whitworth and Sullivan in Notebloom and Allen which is good. Jamon Brown really is a replacement level guy and I'm pretty sure his 4-game suspension is going to cost him a starting job and a good second contract. Havenstein will get paid for sure, the Rams have 60 million in cap space as of right now next year and even if Donald gets 20m there's still enough to lock him up to a decent deal. Saffold is kind of the wildcard, he gets hurt though last year he stayed healthy and the Rams gave him a massive contract for a Guard that no one else really wanted him 5 years ago and I'm not sure there will be a market for him next year.

Really injuries are the risk for any team and I'm not sure there's anyone out there that could survive 2 starters going down without a massive drop in the quality of play. The Rams have lots of untested guys in backup positions right now so it would interesting to see if any of them could step up.

Jamon Brown's suspension is two games, but your assessment could very well happen if someone like Austin Blythe steps up in camp. I think he filled in quite nicely for Sullivan last year during bits and pieces of games, and he can play both center and guard.

I pretty much agree with everything you highlighted.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

I like these kind of "what if" articles.

Another thing I was thinking about the other day was how the Seahawks have been harmed in the same way by not recognizing some of the talent they already had on their team. Alex Collins is now in Baltimore looking like a feature back, and a good one at that. If the coaching staff had understood what they had they wouldn't have had to spend their first round pick this last draft the way they did, among various other knock-on effects. Mcdowell wasn't their fault obviously, this one definitely was.

That also ties into this story because if they hadn't gotten rid of Alex Collins they could've spent their first rounder on defensive tackle and finally replaced McDowell but then it couldn't/didn't happen

Collins just wasn't going to do that he's doing now with the Seahawks. I don't know if it was a bad scheme fit or if he needed the change of scenery to light a fire under his rear end, but he had ample opportunity to do this in Seattle and for some reason never did. He was competing in those post-Lynch years as part of a stable of running backs, and he was at best the fourth best back on the team at any given time. He looked slow, indecisive, and easy to bring down. Worse, he was prone to fumbles. I was honestly relieved to see him gone--glad he is doing well for himself but I do not regret him being cut at all.

The Hawks have had a couple of good backs head elsewhere, and the one that us fans really regret is Spencer Ware. That was a guy who had real potential, he was just young, unproven, and behind several guys on the depth chart. The team tried stashing him on the practice squad, but KC saw his potential and that was that.

The problem with the Seahawks run game, besides the obvious horrid blocking, was a set of brutal injuries to backs who were very good at the time. Thomas Rawls was great until his leg shattered in Baltimore, then he was never the same. CJ Prosise absolutely destroyed the Patriots in New England as a receiving back, then developed nagging injuries and hasn't been able to stay on the field. Chris Carson was really good at the start of last year, then he went down for the season. So yeah, in hindsight, would have been nice to have Collins, but that's all hindsight in the light of those injuries.

Really, I'm not sure any of them would have thrived for long, since Cable's blocking scheme had totally fallen apart. There's another story of injury consequences with presumptive RT George Fant getting rolled up on in preseason last year, leading to that expensive trade for Duane Brown...but I doubt Fant would have made a huge difference. The team needed to change coordinators in the worst way. Unfortunately we got Schottenheimer, which is the only thing that really worries me. But this blowup was coming regardless, even if it was hastened by that string of bad luck.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 27, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Jamon Brown's suspension is two games, but your assessment could very well happen if someone like Austin Blythe steps up in camp. I think he filled in quite nicely for Sullivan last year during bits and pieces of games, and he can play both center and guard.

I pretty much agree with everything you highlighted.

Ah that's shorter than I thought, I still think it could cost him a job in the end, but then again he is a good run blocker. Maybe he can improve his pass protection enough to get a long-term deal.

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1022830693217431552

LaMarcus Joyner is off the injury list and Aaron Donald might have reported to camp???

Play
Apr 25, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Collins just wasn't going to do that he's doing now with the Seahawks. I don't know if it was a bad scheme fit or if he needed the change of scenery to light a fire under his rear end, but he had ample opportunity to do this in Seattle and for some reason never did. He was competing in those post-Lynch years as part of a stable of running backs, and he was at best the fourth best back on the team at any given time. He looked slow, indecisive, and easy to bring down. Worse, he was prone to fumbles. I was honestly relieved to see him gone--glad he is doing well for himself but I do not regret him being cut at all.

The Hawks have had a couple of good backs head elsewhere, and the one that us fans really regret is Spencer Ware. That was a guy who had real potential, he was just young, unproven, and behind several guys on the depth chart. The team tried stashing him on the practice squad, but KC saw his potential and that was that.

The problem with the Seahawks run game, besides the obvious horrid blocking, was a set of brutal injuries to backs who were very good at the time. Thomas Rawls was great until his leg shattered in Baltimore, then he was never the same. CJ Prosise absolutely destroyed the Patriots in New England as a receiving back, then developed nagging injuries and hasn't been able to stay on the field. Chris Carson was really good at the start of last year, then he went down for the season. So yeah, in hindsight, would have been nice to have Collins, but that's all hindsight in the light of those injuries.

Really, I'm not sure any of them would have thrived for long, since Cable's blocking scheme had totally fallen apart. There's another story of injury consequences with presumptive RT George Fant getting rolled up on in preseason last year, leading to that expensive trade for Duane Brown...but I doubt Fant would have made a huge difference. The team needed to change coordinators in the worst way. Unfortunately we got Schottenheimer, which is the only thing that really worries me. But this blowup was coming regardless, even if it was hastened by that string of bad luck.

Yeah I don't dispute any of this, it's all hindsight stuff. I mean that guy wrote an entire article on how McDowell's ATV crash affected the team, so it's interesting that the totally innocuous (and justified at the time) trading of Collins turned out to have real consequences as well. It's the little things sometimes

DariusLikewise posted:

Ah that's shorter than I thought, I still think it could cost him a job in the end, but then again he is a good run blocker. Maybe he can improve his pass protection enough to get a long-term deal.

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1022830693217431552

LaMarcus Joyner is off the injury list and Aaron Donald might have reported to camp???

Wow things change fast in training camp world huh

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

Yeah I don't dispute any of this, it's all hindsight stuff. I mean that guy wrote an entire article on how McDowell's ATV crash affected the team, so it's interesting that the totally innocuous (and justified at the time) trading of Collins turned out to have real consequences as well. It's the little things sometimes

Wow things change fast in training camp world huh

Donald is not at camp, but I guess they may not be fining him in a sign of good faith? It's a strange move

Also gently caress YEAH

https://twitter.com/DowntownRams/status/1022946169629106176

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

This is cool and good. Seahawks should go back to the ennui helmet decal.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Maggot Soup posted:

This is cool and good. Seahawks should go back to the ennui helmet decal.

agreed. Stoned Seahawk > Angry Seahawk

stoned seahawk captures Seattle Culture way better and is drawn from local native artists (i'm unsure if they asked permission tho)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Classic Seahawk looks like :chloe:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Seattle Kwakwaka'wakws

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Classic Seahawk looks like :chloe:

Classic reminds me of Kreig to Largent, so it will always be cool and good.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The original one too ethnic for the NFL. New one is pleasantly clipart-ish

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They're all really good, but then they made the head on version and lmfao jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They're all really good, but then they made the head on version and lmfao jesus christ

Head on version is basically 49ers 90’s logo update bad.

• Locked thread