Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

was granos the one who hosed out a piece of his own rear end in a top hat or was that ge cafe

best loving snipe of my posting career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

please dont gently caress animals

But all your mothers need love, too.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

World War Mammories posted:

was granos the one who hosed out a piece of his own rear end in a top hat or was that ge cafe

best loving snipe of my posting career

It was ge cafe and he called his rectal reamer Mr Sunshine

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Caufman posted:

But all your mothers need love, too.

will advise she is a class a nutjob but if that what you are into dipping your proboscis into fire away good sir :patriot:

but dont say i didn't warn you when you find yourself buried neck deep in concrete hearing megachurch pastors on cd set to repeat while intravenously fed and watered so the eels can eat your eyes

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sneakyfrog posted:

will advise she is a class a nutjob but if that what you are into dipping your proboscis into fire away good sir :patriot:

but dont say i didn't warn you when you find yourself buried neck deep in concrete hearing megachurch pastors on cd set to repeat while intravenously fed and watered so the eels can eat your eyes

Tell her to call me

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
no way dude i dont want eels to eat MY eyes

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

When CDs proselytize
And an eel eats your eyes
That's a moray!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I think the guy who hid a recording device but it was full was trying to record his stepsister in the shower. Granos put a keylogger on his friend's pc, and then when he went back to see if he could turn on the webcam too, she noticed that the webcam that she never used was pointed at her bed and got someone to look through her computer and caught him.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Marcade posted:

When CDs proselytize
That's a moray!

:golfclap:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

A Moose posted:

I think the guy who hid a recording device but it was full was trying to record his stepsister in the shower. Granos put a keylogger on his friend's pc, and then when he went back to see if he could turn on the webcam too, she noticed that the webcam that she never used was pointed at her bed and got someone to look through her computer and caught him.

Is this that really long story where the friend calls back and threatens him to stay away from the girl and then he attempted suicide?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Here: https://www.somethingawful.com/great-goon-database/great-goon-sad/5/

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Marcade posted:

When CDs proselytize
That's a moray!

:golfclap:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jesus Christ. I never read the original story, I can't believe he actually posted that himself. Somebody should call the loving police on that guy.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

RandomFerret posted:

Jesus Christ. I never read the original story, I can't believe he actually posted that himself. Somebody should call the loving police on that guy.

Everybody was so hung on on calling the police on Granos, they didn't even stop to think whether they should have called the police on this guy:

D14BL0 posted:

There are kids out there who do want to be abused. While they're still immature, it is, technically, consensual, which is what I was getting at.

:gonk:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

Jeez, same. Whenever I read stories about relatively young goony goons being weirdos, I wonder if they ever got their poo poo sorted out. But this guy, he never even acknowledges in the story that what he did was creepy and terrible. I can't imagine how traumatic it would be for the girl; she probably never even discovered that the software had been running for a month before the webcam was moved, or she definitely would've called the police on granos.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Bizarrely I first saw the granos call the police thing on Reddit I think, so it's infamy has spread at least a little from here.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Did anyone actually ever call the police on granos

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

"Call the police on Granos" sounds like it should be part of a movie trailer. That gravelly move trailer voice guy should say it.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I'm hot blooded, check it and see/if you see Granos, call the police

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Facebook Aunt posted:

"Call the police on Granos" sounds like it should be part of a movie trailer. That gravelly move trailer voice guy should say it.

Granos

Coming Fall 2018

#CallThePolice

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jeza posted:

Everybody was so hung on on calling the police on Granos, they didn't even stop to think whether they should have called the police on this guy:

:gonk:

A man whose worldview and morals are based entirely on a pop chart-topper by Eurhythmics.
Coincidentally, Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) competed for the first place in American charts against the song Every Breath You Take by the British band The Police.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Jul 27, 2018

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

tight aspirations posted:

Well, that's a good question, and I'm glad you asked me. Since Frank Herbert wrote Dune in the period preceding the publishing date of 1965, and Lips Inc did not release Funkytown until 1979, then the received wisdom would be that Frank never used the word "lip(s)" to refer to them in any context. However, a deeper reading of the source material shows a different story. You may recall that Funkytown is a cri de coeur of wanting to move to a different place a, though the move is very desirable for possibly spiritual, rejuvenative or other reasonsb, and often referred toc, it is currently impossible for unknown or concealed reasons, with a subsequent appeal to a further unknown party to facilitate the relocationd.

This is very reminiscent of the Atreides' move to Arrakis, or more specifically Arrakeen, which is of course desirable for financial, spiritual, rejuvenative and political reasons, but can only be done at the behest of another, more powerful agent. Therefore, if we are to formulate an answer using this premise, then only the following passage refers to this:

A smile touched Piter’s lips. “And to think, Baron: the Padishah Emperor believes he’s given the Duke your spice planet. How poignant.”

However, of course Funkytown is recounted in the first person, where here the Atreides are the ones being referred to. Therefore the move to Arrakis or Arrakeen cannot be the event referred to in the lead track from the disco acts' decade summation Mouth to Mouth. So what other moves are present in the 1965 novel? Well, the flight of Paul and Jessica to Sietch Tabr is the next temporal event, and does fit the better the spiritual angle lament of the disco classic, and of course all places on the planet are intimately concerned the with rejuvanative effects of the geriatic, melange. The only other significant relocative effort in the book would be the move back to Arrakeen and I need hardly make you are that Arrakeen, under the despotic and brutal Harkonnen rule, during military operations, with both the Emperor and the Spacing Guild present would hardly be known as a "funky" town.

No, the move to Sietch Tabr, where Paul finds his destiny laid out for him, becomes the Duke Atreides and rightful ruler of dune ,first kills another man, and takes his first lover - in short, becomes a man, is clearly the main thrust of the No1 track in a record breaking 28 countries. The interesting contrast of Pauls' nascent prescience and of the need to move is leave as an exercise to the reader. So how many uses of the word "lips" refer to this move? Well, the actual passages are below, marked with (*), but the total is eight, or 12% of the total occurrences in the book. Therefore you are completely correct - Frank Herbert's work is clearly heavily indebted to the disco-based beat combo, and their contribution to the ecological sci-fi genre has been ignored for far too long.

a: Gotta make a move to a town that's right for me
b: Keep me groovin' with some energy
c: Well, I (talk about it)x6, Talk about movin,
d: Won't you take me to Funkytown

e: tune, funky planet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2512842

quote:

doctor thodt posted:
wanna hear a funny joke

person 1: knock knock
person 2: who's there
person 1: granos
person 2: *calls the police*

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I suppose its time to read that thread again

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

A Moose posted:

I suppose its time to read that thread again

Just don't forget to call the police.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I thought Granos was that guy who confessed in some thread to stabbing (I think) a homeless person and leaving them to die. I remember it being just plausible enough to not be STDH. People in the thread were freaking out about it, and I think the OP deleted his posts afterward? This was probably over ten years ago—does anyone else remember this?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Yeah, that was Graves.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Rollersnake posted:

I thought Granos was that guy who confessed in some thread to stabbing (I think) a homeless person and leaving them to die. I remember it being just plausible enough to not be STDH. People in the thread were freaking out about it, and I think the OP deleted his posts afterward? This was probably over ten years ago—does anyone else remember this?

i thought he threw a pizza at them like a discus

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
or maybe it was a calzone thrown like a shotput

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
That was bareback rodeo, the man of zero social skills

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Krankenstyle posted:

Pretending a russian generational novel is real life is also bad, or a canadian bear/woman romance
i'm living out one hundred years of solitude irl

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gatekeeper posted:

or maybe it was a calzone thrown like a shotput

The Calzone Killer

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baller Ina posted:

That was bareback rodeo, the man of zero social skills

Wasn't that because someone approached him on the street to aska question and he threw the pizza and ran?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gatekeeper posted:

i thought he threw a pizza at them like a discus

IIRC he did that, and then stabbed them when they were like "wtf"

Whether he threw the pizza or I'm mixing that one up with this, Graves definitely stabbed someone and freaked out/deleted the OP, and then disappeared from the forums for a while after. No clue what happened to him.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't that because someone approached him on the street to aska question and he threw the pizza and ran?

Youre thinking of two worlds who freaked out cause black people asked him for weed.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

RagnarokAngel posted:

Youre thinking of two worlds who freaked out cause black people asked him for weed.

loving :laffo: abandon pizzas its condition red

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well, at least they had pizza for when they eventually found weed.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I had a hen go missing for six months. She came home with her band still around her leg. As i carried her to her cage, an owl dived me, grabbed her head and ripped it straight off her shoulders.

Thankfully she brought eight new recruits with her (I don't know where she found them but she did!) so she had many replacements. I used to think she'd hatched a nest but that hen would actively try to eat her own eggs so I somewhat doubt it.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

fruit on the bottom posted:

The Calzone Killer

il killzone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Ninpo posted:

gently caress me, someone bring early 00s SA back? Please?

This thread is "controversial" because one person's "creepy" is another person's "funny" and it's highly subjective. No loving harm whatsoever was coming to the women in the pictures taken from World Cup stills, the outrage over that thread was hilariously disproportionate. What, some GOONS went a bit loving FAR over something SEXUAL? You don't loving say?! You realise you can, in TYOOL 2018, just roll your loving eyes at someone and move on, yes? This is the problem and why everyone thinks millennials are such thin skinned idiots: EVERYTHING is EXTREMELY problematic. The mistaken belief that you have the right to not be offended. Needing rules and mods and mummies and daddies to enforce your ideal world view is why everything is triggering. Take offense on the chin(s), get the gently caress over it. We've already got rules and laws for the bad poo poo in life. Put the internet down, go outside and learn some loving coping skills.

Jesus christ

Who What Now posted:

Says the extremely offended and triggered man. Have you considered putting the internet down, going outside, and learning some coping skills?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*pederast being transferred from court to prison* Wow. loving bravo. Didn't know the court of law was so pussified these days. A judge AND a soyboy? Now I've seen it all.

HolePisser1982 posted:

walking back home fromthe swamp beaming, triumphantly holding up a huge bullfrog, cool looking stick i found looped through my belt. outside is loving awesome!!!! the creep was right