Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Let the killing begin is a win more talent that if you get the hero kill you should have already won the fight. ZJ should almost always be the focus target in any protracted fight. You either die before it's useful or you already won. Getting the apex down ain't that hard. Especially with a root, twin cleave and guillotine to catch someone out of position. If you only hit 8 apex hits a game you need better aim. It also keeps ZJ safer for his dps in any kind of defense or poke fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Nybble posted:

Unless there is a Fnatic throw, this was a good call. Almost over, so tune in: https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

They're doing the post-game analysis, click now.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Star posted:

Problem is that every rational argument goes out the window once you hear that sweet axe sound

I've had some games where I hit 3 heroes in the apex in a late game push and it made the difference in securing kills, especially since it's safer to use than attacking. I've never had an issue hitting someone in the apex really, I honestly have a harder time being in attack range and not being focused and dying immediately.

Wow beaten above with the exact same points.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
5 and a half minutes from now, apparently

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

literally a thong

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
certainly no pants but pretty unappealing, pretty big letdown after that cool teaser art.

Actually she looks terribad, needs to deal damage to heal and has no escape and no CC and is mana constrained by design. Her numbers are going to have to be so stupid.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Im always a fan of "offensive support" concepts. Whitemane looks pretty straightforward but her aoe heal + armor ult looks like it might be really strong for objective fights. The 20 upgrade gives unstoppable to your team too.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Really boring kit, hard pass.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
She's a Disc Priest everybody.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

She had dumps like a truck, truck, truck
Thighs like what, what, what
All night long

Polio Vax Scene posted:

literally a thong

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Zero pants guys.

Zero pants.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

She looked like a wet noodle.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdpqWokf3_w

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Seems like the kind of hero that will constantly rubberband between underperforming and being OP with patches.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

ToastyPotato posted:

Seems like the kind of hero that will constantly rubberband between underperforming and being OP with patches.

But that's every support

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Whitemane never stood a chance trying to follow in potion grandpa's support wake.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The mechanic of healing by doing damage is a problem mechanic in general (and there's way too much of it in the game), basing another healer around it is so dumb.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Straight up a disc priest looks fun.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

It seems strange that they didn't give her a rez since that was her iconic thing in the game. I guess they couldn't figure out how to distinguish it from auriels (or wanted to leave it open so they can give one to mercy eventually)

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

She looks cool maybe

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

come on blizz

please just give whitemane some pants

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

It seems strange that they didn't give her a rez since that was her iconic thing in the game. I guess they couldn't figure out how to distinguish it from auriels (or wanted to leave it open so they can give one to mercy eventually)

Or they do not wanna put in her more rezz's in a game that has no need for that mechanic

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I think her face is a bit more on the pouty side than the Queen Bitch side I think they were going for.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

She seems like an interesting but not default choice. No escape, somewhat mediocre AOE healing, heavy mana management, several couple options for slows and roots.

Should combo well with caster heavy teams or vs mobile (overwatch) comps.

But pants would have been nice. Still wanna see how silly her hats get with the skins.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Or it's essentially OP however they do it. Most of the ideas I could come up with probably needed dumb numbers to not be an auto-win button. To make it like the WoW fight, she needs to be able to stun all nearby enemies while ressing someone back to full health (and then healing herself). A lot of that can't be balanced - either the res is for a really brief timeframe, the hero comes back to life at almost no health, you don't stun her enemies, or it's a really slow, really expensive channel with a huge cooldown. You probably can only do parts of a few of those things. Can you imagine watching the other team bring back to life at full health a JoJo or Yrel you just FINALLY managed to kill on an objective?

I understand why it's not there, but I'm still disappointed. Blizz seems to be heavily shying away from outside-the-box ideas. That makes sense from a play balance/competitive POV, but it also restricts gameplay evolution.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Small bugfix patch today.

quote:

Bug Fixes
Heroes, Abilities, and Talents

Artanis: Fixed an issue that could cause Shield Overload to trigger twice in some rare instances.
Malfurion: Fixed an issue that could cause Malfurion to have negative Health Regeneration.

Has anybody tried nu Artanis? I always liked that cat, especially on clusterfuck teamfight maps.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Whitemane is as tall as Diablo, what the heck

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Or it's essentially OP however they do it. Most of the ideas I could come up with probably needed dumb numbers to not be an auto-win button. To make it like the WoW fight, she needs to be able to stun all nearby enemies while ressing someone back to full health (and then healing herself). A lot of that can't be balanced - either the res is for a really brief timeframe, the hero comes back to life at almost no health, you don't stun her enemies, or it's a really slow, really expensive channel with a huge cooldown. You probably can only do parts of a few of those things. Can you imagine watching the other team bring back to life at full health a JoJo or Yrel you just FINALLY managed to kill on an objective?

I understand why it's not there, but I'm still disappointed. Blizz seems to be heavily shying away from outside-the-box ideas. That makes sense from a play balance/competitive POV, but it also restricts gameplay evolution.

Yeah, it totally makes sense as a gameplay thing its just kind of strange because that was THE thing whitemane did

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

BrianBoitano posted:

Has anybody tried nu Artanis? I always liked that cat, especially on clusterfuck teamfight maps.

I probably will today. It will be neat getting to use Zealot Charge, I usually picked something else at 16, but since it's at 20 now and Nexus Blades are gone...

At a glance, I think he's stronger early/mid game, but losing Nexus Blades at 20 without a comparable replacement seems like quote a nerf late.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Semper Fudge posted:

Whitemane is as tall as Diablo, what the heck

She has heels on

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

BrianBoitano posted:

No, but a buddy of mine has been picking him up in QM while the rest of us go Arthas/Raynor/long ranged support.

He's pretty durable, does respectable damage for a team, his laser ult still sucks without someone slowing, and swaps are still twitchy. Mediocre when we're playing random heroes for daily quests, great with a specific comp in mind.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

At a glance, I think he's stronger early/mid game, but losing Nexus Blades at 20 without a comparable replacement seems like quote a nerf late.

Didn't he get a new talent at 16 or something thats a replacement for nexus blades or am I misremembering

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Relentless posted:

Still wanna see how silly her hats get with the skins.

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/heroes/whitemane/#?skin=celestial-empress-whitemane

It's pretty ridiculous. The moving starfield in her outfit in that skin is a neat touch, though.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Yeah, it totally makes sense as a gameplay thing its just kind of strange because that was THE thing whitemane did

Guess she got the garrosh treatment where they picked a fan favorite and just slapped a random kit that vaguely fits on her? I don't know, people will play her no matter what because no pants.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

If they wanted to increase skin sales just give every hero a no pants skin. No pants amodan, no pants fenix, no pants kelthuzad

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Wow, that model, uh... doesn't look very much like the art. Like, at all. Model!Whitemane lost a few pounds in prep for the spotlight, I see.

Noah posted:

Let the killing begin is a win more talent that if you get the hero kill you should have already won the fight. ZJ should almost always be the focus target in any protracted fight. You either die before it's useful or you already won. Getting the apex down ain't that hard. Especially with a root, twin cleave and guillotine to catch someone out of position. If you only hit 8 apex hits a game you need better aim. It also keeps ZJ safer for his dps in any kind of defense or poke fight
Let The Killing Begin can be procced off of ANY kill, not just Heroes, and it refreshes every time you attack. It is not that hard to obtain and maintain 8 stacks in preparation for a teamfight, especially if you're near a lane or on a map that has objective minions (such as Infernal Shrines or Haunted Mines).

That said, the Mage'jin main I pulled replays from is Master in HL. Not only does he know what he's talking about, but his opponents know what they're doing - it's not just a question of "aim better". In his words: "It's better to go for a non-optimal poke for more damage on Arcanite than try for the damage bonus of Wrong Place and gently caress up your positioning. Twin Cleave is for poke and zoning. If you want to blow someone up, use Guillo."

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

come on blizz

please just give whitemane some pants

No.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I probably will today. It will be neat getting to use Zealot Charge, I usually picked something else at 16, but since it's at 20 now and Nexus Blades are gone...

He has the blades of the templar at 16 now. It's basically nexus blades but gives 30% attack speed instead of damage, which may be a buff given how his passive works?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah unless Whitemane's numbers are crazy I'm not sure she's going to be able to hack it as a solo support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She'll be buffed until she can (like Lili). But she's not going to feel very rewarding to improve with imo.