Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Jordan7hm posted:

He hasn’t missed a game in 3 years.

If he retires because of injuries, it’s because of his contract.

You don’t understand. I assure you that the Detroit Red Wings and Carl Henrik Zetterberg are not circumventing the cap by faking an injury. He is on the verge of death and could, like any one of us, die at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
As long as his back holds up he'll play, at least this year, beyond that I don't know or care. If my sheltering him in the 3rd line gambit pays off, I don't anticipate him having much issue

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Yaya selects Michael Grabner.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'ma take Lias Andersson.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Going to fill my 4C position with some guy I never heard of before named Brian Gibbons.

Aye Doc has a double header up next.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Gibbons is kinda the definition of 4th line plug. Has some skills, can PK, and I don't think is too bad on the corsi side of things.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Going to fill my 4C position with some guy I never heard of before named Brian Gibbons.

Aye Doc has a double header up next.

Bad news, mate. Not a center and also not very good despite his season.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I take Frank Vatrano and Andrew Copp. Copp is just a standard 200+ pound guy, showing you the lack of girth-based depth at C. Vatrano is a special meat boi, a 5'9" and *209* pound specimen with amazing underlying fancies.

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 27, 2018

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

He said he was going to play. He makes actual money this year (next year he doesn’t).

And old and busted guy still played 82 games last year and scored 56 points. Not that busted yet.

Alfy played into his 40s. Hank could if he wanted to.

from just two days ago

quote:

Report: Agent says Zetterberg 'has not decided' about return to Wings

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Gibbons is a nice utility player. Excels on the PK and is a good forechecker. His performance absolutely cratered in the second-half last season. He was battling injury and he was never going to keep up that stupid scoring pace.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Furnace skipped. Bird up again.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I’ll take the ginger ninja, Owen Tippett.

Marleau - Seguin - DeBrincat
Perron - Johansen - Simmonds
x - Jarnkrok - Tippett
x - Andersson - x

Slavin - Subban
Lindell - Faulk

Hutton

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Micheal Ferland

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
He has a relatively long contract that might be a bit of a boat anchor in a few years given his age, but I want to Win Now and I like TJ Oshie a lot so I'm going to pick him anyway.

I'm actually going to put him on my second line for a more physical, All-American feel, and move Nyquist to my third since I think he'll be a better fit with Strome and Spooner.

Pacioretty-Kuznetsov-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Stastny-Oshie
Strome-Spooner-Nyquist

Krug-Carlo
Theodore-Nutivaara

Schneider

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 27, 2018

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

Furnace skipped. Bird up again.

Yeah sorry I meant to mention you can skip my second pick and that I'll pick when I get home from work.

At this point I'm not worried about anyone stealing 4th liners or whatever. :v:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up will be Jan Rutta

Kreider - Couturier - Stone
Burakovsky - Spezza - Anderson
x - Jankowski - Armia

Hedman - Manson
Nurse - Petry
x - Rutta

Hellebuyck

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Looking at my team, I realize we're going to need more grit. But we also want someone who knows how to come up big. As such, the Avalanche select Ryan Reaves.

Ennis - Kuraly - Brouwer
x - Flippula - Reaves
x - Thompson - Clutterbuck
x - de la Rose - x

Greene - Ekblad
Pouliot - X

MAF
Rittich

Scratched: Quine

lol at whoever thought this team was even hitting 20 wins

Up Next:
mentholmoose (until 4:04)
Teemu Pokemon
Aphrodite
rex rabidorum vires

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I don’t want T-Bone stealing my baby.

Flyers take Morgan Frost.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

I don’t want T-Bone stealing my baby.

Flyers take Morgan Frost.

Pron posted:

Frost has been one of the best players on the best team in the CHL, being a critical part of their 25-game win streak and doing so through an exhibition of his skill and hockey sense. When I’ve watched him this season, I’ve really been impressed by how well he controls play and how smart he is. He dictates the pace of a shift with his vision and patience. He’s skilled, too, and can gain the zone with his hands but prefers to make a play. Getting stronger will be key for Frost, and while he can skate, he could play with a little more pace.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Brett Ritchie

Ovechkin - Bjugstad - Smith
Forsberg - Wennberg - Arvidsson
Athanasiou - Zetterberg - Miller
xxxxxxx - xxxxxxxxx - Ritchie

Leddy - Wideman
Chychrun - Liljegren
xxxxxxx - xxxxxxxx

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brandon Tanev

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Anaheim Ducks of Anaheim would like to select Blake Comeau. An 11 year vet of the NHL Comeau is usually good for between 20 and 30 points playing in predominantly a 3rd and 4th line role. With our current roster Blake will sit as the 3rw, but could potentially be bumped down the line up. And speaking of bumping, Blake earned 2 games for boarding Brenden Smith. Something we value above all else.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
Ginette Reno (until 4:44 PM EST)
Good Soldier Svejk
Drunk Canuck
T-Bone
a false

Skipped:
Furnaceface (x1)

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The Anaheim Ducks of Anaheim would like to select Blake Comeau. An 11 year vet of the NHL Comeau is usually good for between 20 and 30 points playing in predominantly a 3rd and 4th line role. With our current roster Blake will sit as the 3rw, but could potentially be bumped down the line up. And speaking of bumping, Blake earned 2 games for boarding Brenden Smith. Something we value above all else.

I don’t remember the play but I’m going to assume Brendan Smith deserved it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Connor Brown I guess. Can score a little bit, probably a decent fit on third line rw.

Tkachuk-Hischier-Pastrnak
Toffoli-Staal-Palmieri
Beauvillier-Ryan-Brown

Maatta-Spurgeon
Brodin-Schultz

Murray

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mathieu Perreault. I'd do a write-up but my power is out because Fairfax don't know poo poo about power lines.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Mathieu Perreault. I'd do a write-up but my power is out because Fairfax don't know poo poo about power lines.

he was picked already

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I also want Perreault

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Kings take Matt Nieto

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

tofes posted:

he was picked already

Well dang. Michael Frolik then

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Yeah I'll take Perreault too.

In the mean time, here's the Flyers:

Benn-Giroux-Konecny
Schmaltz-Krejci-Killorn
?-Brassard-Fischer
?-Frost-?

Gostisbehere-Ellis
Myers-Hickey

Rask

I have a lot of centers and need more wingers.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I feel like the young centers are still better than the young wings and this kid can reportedly play all forward positions (sometimes in the same game!) so I'll take the guy Vegas wouldn't trade for Erik Karlsson since I already have the guy Dallas wouldn't trade for Erik Karlsson. Gimme Cody Glass

Pronbit posted:

Despite being cut by Canada’s world junior team and causing some concerns after his second straight poor showing in international play after last spring’s U18 championship, Glass is tearing it up in the WHL, and when I’ve watched his games in Portland, he’s looked dynamic. Big centers like him with hands, but especially with the great vision he has are not easy to find. He’s often a catalyst for starting offense due to how creative a playmaker he is. He’s a fine skater for his size, but I wouldn’t characterize him as explosive. Also, he has work to do off the puck in terms of winning a few more battles and being more reliable defensively.

Mittlestadt-Eichel-Zadina
Pettersson-Necas-Wahlstrom
-Borgstrom-Glass

Dahlin-Heiskanen
McAvoy- Makar

Samsonov
Hart

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 27, 2018

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
e: whoops

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 27, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
what did I say

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i didn't feel like reading the text before it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So a write-up for Michael Frolik.
Yes I wanted Perreault but hey, Frolik is almost the same player except he's a little bigger and he doesn't do faceoffs. I'm fine with that. He's also got a slightly shorter contract. He's a possession monster and while he plays right-wing in Calgary, in his own words:
In the Czech Republic (for Kladno) I played right wing, in Rimouski last season I played center, but (growing up) I played left wing and I prefer left wing.

Keller - Scheifele - Mantha
Fabbri - Patrick - Carter
Frolik - Danault- E. Lindholm

H. Lindholm - Parayko
Grzelcyk - Pesce

Dubnyk

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hey gently caress off you cant have my Matty P. :mad:

Also give me old man Chris Kunitz for my missed pick.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
a false (until 7:15 PM EST)
HootTheOwl
Technetium
Jordan7hm
corn on the cop

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
With pick 420 the Flames waste an opportunity because we couldn't find current hockey player who smokes weed. Therefore we'll throw another Christian into the fire: CHRISTIAN FISCHER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
taken last round. please cross-check with the spreadsheet before you pick tyvm