Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm always half surprised that Ur-Fascism got its own emote, but then again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Goons used to post the quote so often in USPol that it became a meme. Not that it isn't apt.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
I mean, anyone can buy an emote, there have been some pretty strange ones over the years.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

:umberto: Eco wrote books full of characters who fit the Qltist profile too. gently caress Q is the hero of The Prague Cemetery.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Warmachine posted:

I'm always half surprised that Ur-Fascism got its own emote, but then again.

It's the single most useful emote we have in this forum, above even :psyduck:, :stonk:, and :unsmigghh:.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I mean, anyone can buy an emote, there have been some pretty strange ones over the years.

my current lets play thread accidentally discovered that :goatdrugs: exists

Crispulus
Dec 13, 2007

Aren't you supposed to yell at me and call me "HOPE" and motivate me over this wall?

Toplowtech posted:

:umberto: Eco wrote books full of characters who fit the Qltist profile too. gently caress Q is the hero of The Prague Cemetery.

You're just going to not mention Foucault's Pendulum?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crispulus posted:

That whole book is basically a great big word of caution for whats going to happen to the dude making up Q stuff.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Crispulus posted:

Not enough antisemitism amongst the crazies compared to The Prague Cemetery..

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Rape Stink posted:

I tried activating that code on steam

This unlocks Deep State Waifu.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
https://twitter.com/LukeBarnes_92/status/1023954482399465474

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1024056249770536960

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

from greatawakening

quote:

I felt the same way last week. I told God whatever he needed of me he could have for the plan. My garden was destroyed by a hail storm and 4*8 sheet of lattice making a helicopter in my garden (not my words, first person I mentioned it to described it as a helicopter), decimating what was in season. Then my dog broke her foot and the neighbors dog did too, they didn't have a car so it was extra stress on us. I can't help but feel this happened because I prayed to use what I have for the plan. Prayer is powerful and don't say it if you don't mean it. I'm holding up well, mentioned it to my pastor and she laughed, said sorry I don't mean to laugh, but you have the biggest grin on your face. The time will come one day soon for them to know why I've been so chipper when it seems like I'm being given the short end of the stick.

god broke my dog's leg to expose the deep state

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Frog Act posted:

from greatawakening

I used to hear dumb stories in church like this almost every week when I was a kid.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Is alex jones still anti-qanon?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Sir Tonk posted:

Is alex jones still anti-qanon?

I don't know, and can't find out because he got probated from YouTube and Facebook :smug:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Well the world had better find out the truth by COB today, or Q is gonna have egg on his face.

Nah just kidding. The goalposts have already shifted to November (and further!)

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I don't know, and can't find out because he got probated from YouTube and Facebook :smug:

Don’t worry, Spotify have bravely decided to host his bullshit!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Frog Act posted:

from greatawakening

I’m sorry but your pastor laughed because god destroying your garden to make a vague helicopter shape and hurting your dog to show you QAnon conspiracy stuff is so insane it’s funny

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Frog Act posted:

from greatawakening

Maybe the reason god broke your dog's foot and destroyed your garden is he *doesn't* want you pushing insane baseless conspiracy theories.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Cultural Marxist posted:

Don’t worry, Spotify have bravely decided to host his bullshit!

Ugh, really?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

That seems kinda like The Jerk being all excited he got his name in print in the phone book. Spotify has a podcast section that hosts virtually every podcast of any size. It doesn't sound like spotify reached out to be their new host or anything, they probably just signed up themselves and got a place among the 10,000+ other podcasts by passing the basic format requirements.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

he seems to be taking it well.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I want Alex Jones or some other right wing rear end to finally bite the “MAH FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT!” bullet and try to sue a company over not hosting their garbage just so I can see a judge’s scathing “you’re an idiot who doesn’t understand the constitution” dismissal

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Yes. Unlike other streaming services, Spotify actively chooses which podcasts it will or won’t host, it doesn’t just allow any sod to be on its platform.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Cultural Marxist posted:

Yes. Unlike other streaming services, Spotify actively chooses which podcasts it will or won’t host, it doesn’t just allow any sod to be on its platform.

Not really. They are harsher on licenced music, but beyond that the requirements are ultra basic stuff like having 5 episodes minimum, then you just hit a button and you are in.

When podcasts were new on spotify they piloted with hand invited pioneer podcasts and THAT was a big deal to get chosen for, but now they just review for very basic things and I've put podcasts on there before. It's not special.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Not really. They are harsher on licenced music, but beyond that the requirements are ultra basic stuff like having 5 episodes minimum, then you just hit a button and you are in.

When podcasts were new on spotify they piloted with hand invited pioneer podcasts and THAT was a big deal to get chosen for, but now they just review for very basic things and I've put podcasts on there before. It's not special.

I think he was being sarcastic...

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

AnoHito posted:

I don't think so, spotify was initially extremely choosey and it was actually a huge deal to get on spotify, where there was like 2 years they had to personally invite you, now it's a one button press thing. Twitter is blowing up with a bunch of tweets about infowars being on spotify being a big deal that seem to go back to the days it actually was legitimately hard to get on spotify and meant direct approval of your content by the company.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So have any of the qultists killed themselves in despair yet over the fact that the whole July Awakening is a big loving nothing?

Or like good little end times sheep have they already moved the date of the happening, and also "buy my merchandise and give me money you rubes?"

I imagine that is the next step in the Q master plan.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The constantly postponed IT’S HAPPENING dates have shaved off some of the lesser adherents but the core of the Qult either never brings up the missed dates again after they’ve passed and latch on to the next big date or find the Q crumbs really didn’t mean something big publically was happening.

Or there’s the third option where a Qultist will do something like drive an armored truck onto Hoover dam, block both lanes of traffic with it, arm themselves with an AR-15, and demand the TRUE OIG report be released after something else falls flat

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I'm sure something will come out today. I mean, God did finally get that dog leg and those cucumbers he needed to expose his truth.

Standish
May 21, 2001

looks like it's all going down in this thread, there are plenty who still have faith:

but the goalpost moving has already started:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Standish posted:

looks like it's all going down in this thread, there are plenty who still have faith:

but the goalpost moving has already started:

:lol:

"MSM reporting on qanon as more extreme and violent."

It's a sign guys! :downs:

Also where the gently caress is this missiles fired at Trump story coming from? Do these people have entirely different news stories from the rest of reality as well? It's like peering into a retarded mirror universe.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That missile story has literally 0 basis in any real news. If I recall it was just thrown out there at some point and became part of the narrative immediately.

Edit: If I recall it was pulled out as evidence that they were winning. Like "You know we're winning because a sub launched missile from the deep state tried to shoot down AF1!"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Qult believes, not making this up, that a Deep State controlled submarine somehow armed with surface to air missiles (fuckin :laffo:) fired on Air Force One while it was over the ocean returning from North Korea but some jets intercepted the missiles (again :laffo:) and somehow no one but them knows about it because of Q

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Realty is far too boring for these people.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The Qult believes, not making this up, that a Deep State controlled submarine somehow armed with surface to air missiles (fuckin :laffo:) fired on Air Force One while it was over the ocean returning from North Korea but some jets intercepted the missiles (again :laffo:) and somehow no one but them knows about it because of Q

:hmbol:

It's like the world's worst Tom Clancy novel loops in their head 24/7, holy poo poo.

These people are bugfuck insane and I don't know whether to laugh or be a little fearful of the batshit crazy.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Of course the Deep State is gonna use a submarine to launch the missiles. It's the deep state after all :grin:

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AnoHito posted:

In this instance I wasn’t!

I didn’t realise that Spotify had changed their procedures for podcasts, I thought they were still very selective like when they first started having them, so Owlofcreamcheese has put me right there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rape Stink posted:

I'm sure something will come out today. I mean, God did finally get that dog leg and those cucumbers he needed to expose his truth.

I mean...we got something today.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1024263146008207361

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
From the Trump thread:

quote:

Stormy Daniels’ lawyer Michael Avenatti is the latest target for supporters of the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon, with police investigating a man’s appearance near Avenatti’s office after the building was mentioned in QAnon posts.

QAnon believers claim that a series of cryptic clues posted to internet forums 4Chan and 8Chan are coming from a high-level Trump administration insider, describing a world where Trump has teamed up with the military to take on a global cabal of powerful elites, celebrities, and pedophiles.

“Q,” the online poster whose messages make up the basis of the QAnon theory, targeted Avenatti on Sunday by posting a link to Avenatti’s website and pictures of his Newport Beach, California, office building.

“Buckle up!” the post, made on 8Chan, read.

About 45 minutes later, Q posted a picture of a man standing in the street near Avenatti’s office. The man, who has his back to the camera, is holding what appears to be a cellphone in one hand and a long, thin object in the other.

So Q has started directly threatening Michael Avenatti- going so far as to post what is apparently an original photo taken outside of Avenatti's building. ( I'm guessing the person in the photo is someone who just happened to be walking by.) This is quite an escalation and seems to be a little bit beyond what one would expect of the resources of a single lone nut doing this for the lulz. However this incident makes perfect sense if Q Anon is indeed a Russian-backed psyop.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 31, 2018