Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

Is Emma Husar getting fair treatment in the press and in parliament?

No, you see the things she got her paid staff to do are women’s work, which we’ve never had to pay for in the past and we don’t understand why we should start now.

Ironically things like child minding and picking up after a pet have more utility than the political “work” it would be acceptable to pay for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Police have launched an investigation into Victorian Labor's infamous rorts-for-votes scandal in the lead up to the 2014 state election.

It comes after the Victorian ombudsman found the scheme misused $388,000 of taxpayer funds, which had since been repaid, by using public-paid electorate staff to campaign for Labor candidates.

In a statement today, police said the fraud and extortion squad would conduct a formal investigation into the misuse of funds.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/jacksonw____/status/1022613965178720256

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

The Sydney Morning Herald: Malcolm Turnbull berated by voters in byelection pub visit.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/malcolm-turnbull-berated-by-voters-in-byelection-pub-visit-20180727-p4zu0u.html

SMH posted:

Mr Turnbull told the Queensland voters the idea of selling the ABC was rubbish.

"The ABC will be publicly owned forever," Mr Turnbull told the group

"Is that a promise?" the man asked.

"Absolutely," Mr Turnbull said.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Panic as PM mildly challenged by elderly

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Publicly owned through shares maybe.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Wasn't there a goon that had a Julia Gillard cardboard cutout for a while? Apparently there's nothing more frightening than unexpectedly seeing her after your housemate moved her.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

G-Spot Run posted:

51% Australian owned forever

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

G-Spot Run posted:

Oh just like Telstra. We all know how well that went and hasn't at all caused massive issues and job losses at any point so a good idea IMHO.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's just wording for the dumb aha I didn't lie defence. Not that lying seems to matter in the public's goldfish memory.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Publicly owned forever when the Liberals funk on them old school style and sell the majority shares to Murdoch for peanut's. #rickityrickitywrekt

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/sspencer_63/status/1022583835723067392

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
more important news than anything else happening right now
https://twitter.com/belindaawilson/status/1022637277871108099

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
eat poo poo pauline, you'll never be as cool as quolls

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
None of us will. :kimchi:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

froglet posted:

Wasn't there a goon that had a Julia Gillard cardboard cutout for a while? Apparently there's nothing more frightening than unexpectedly seeing her after your housemate moved her.

I had a terrible painting we called "Julia with Beer".
It was also huge. 1.5m x 1m

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Newspoll is out showing Labor winning all super Saturday seats except Mayo.

Then they have a giant IF ALBO WAS LEADER graph showing the whole set of them at 60-40.

I wonder how many LNP voters screwed with these results?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Drum beating The Drum

https://www.smh.com.au/national/shouting-down-your-opponents-just-cements-the-silos-20180727-p4zu1a.html

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
People have asked me which of the by-elections will be the most interesting, and the answer is simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJURVZ6VRa4

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Anidav posted:

Newspoll is out showing Labor winning all super Saturday seats except Mayo.

Then they have a giant IF ALBO WAS LEADER graph showing the whole set of them at 60-40.

I wonder how many LNP voters screwed with these results?

they should do a Dutton vs Albo poll

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Some examples: in recent months, Kenny and Cameron, we’ve asked Janet Albrechtsen – who politely declined – Rita Panahi – who said The Drum was a “terrible show” – and Gemma Tognini- who has a contract with Sky - to come on the show. I won’t name them all as our door remains chocked open (Gerard Henderson, I am looking at you).

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 28, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The libs didn't hold any of the seats Labor are projected to win I assume. I know Perth and Freo are deep red with a green border but I haven't really bothered to look at Longman etc.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Like locking them in a cell together is going to help.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

The libs didn't hold any of the seats Labor are projected to win I assume. I know Perth and Freo are deep red with a green border but I haven't really bothered to look at Longman etc.

Longman and Braddon are both Labor held by a narrow margin, and polling is predicting a close result that will come down to PHON / independent preferences. Mayo is Sharkie vs Downer (Liberal) and is looking pretty safe for Sharkie.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Cartoon posted:

Like locking them in a cell together is going to help.

I'm not sure that we have co ed prisons

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
Perth By-election trip report:
- No queue to vote
- Mrs Mr Chips had a cupcake from the democracy BBQ, apparently it wasn't bad. Smell of sausages made me queasy so gave them a miss.
- Labor redshirt made baby cry.

Have been able to vote in federal elections less than every two years since moving to WA. Let's Democracy!

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Mr Chips posted:

Perth By-election trip report:
- No queue to vote
- Mrs Mr Chips had a cupcake from the democracy BBQ, apparently it wasn't bad. Smell of sausages made me queasy so gave them a miss.
- Labor redshirt made baby cry.

Have been able to vote in federal elections less than every two years since moving to WA. Let's Democracy!

Fremantle By-election trip report:
-An old woman almost reversed her 4wd into me and I had to hold my horn down for her to stop
-There was no BBQ, just two kids selling cupcakes (I avoided eye contact)
-Several Labor supporters and heaps of signs, only one green and one Christian whatever

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1023002417703661568

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

A Labor Party volunteer who ran Emma Husar’s unsuccessful state election campaign says he was so distressed by the way she treated him that he spent a month in a psychiatric hospital.

Poor Anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

lmao this reads like character assassination.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I shouldn't have read the comments.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Fairfax’s TV news is looking slick. Real respectable.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

kirbysuperstar posted:

I shouldn't have read the comments.

Un-ausrtalian

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No results yet: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-28/live-by-election-results-mayo-longman-braddon-perth-fremantle/10038200

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

There is so much problematic, it's hard to know where to start. Stockholm Syndrome? Selective memory about the IPA (yes 3 times this year, how about the last 3 years)? Crying about Rowan Dean who was practically a weekly regular until he hosed off to Sky? So worried is Baird about not getting enough conservative "balance", that it must be Twitter's fault, it is the children who are wrong. No, Julia, this is what you get for sucking up to them for years, they will kick you when you're down and you will say thankyou. :colbert:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lmao 4.2 swing to ALP in Braddon.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Anidav posted:

Lmao 4.2 swing to ALP in Braddon.

Only 9% counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag