Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So when exactly did nexus mods turn into anime haven?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Sometime shortly after the birth of the universe. For every game ever made. Because the internet was a mistake.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
After dicking around with this all day I'm just about ready to give it a go. I have about two dozen mods left to install and they're all preference mods at this point, so I'm reading about the various weapon balance mods and poo poo that I don't usually deal with.

In a change in pace, I'm going to be running two different loot overhauls. Fallout 4 Loot Overhaul 2016 edition makes a lot of things rare as poo poo, so no more looting a raider and getting 60 rounds of ammo and four different pistols. The other one makes Fusion Cores pretty much not be in random loot tables at all, so the only way to get them is to buy them (at great cost), loot them from generators, or kill sentry bots. I'm adjusting my fusion core drain rate to make them last about 50% less, too, with Nuclear Physicist bringing it back up to vanilla drain. The idea is that I want power armor to be considerably more rare, rather than something I can just run around in forever. "Oh poo poo, this area has a bunch of Super Mutants, I need to go back and get the suit".

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Syrian Lannister posted:

So when exactly did nexus mods turn into anime haven?

Since its inception

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Zombie Bowling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSdBb6MJwV8

2 Finger never actually stopped smoking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaknQPSFQKI

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

holy poo poo :lol: that charger

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you get all four in one go, you get an achievement.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yakuza 0 out in 2 days for pc

I might have to grab it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

^^^Skips main story, spends hours racing slot cars

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hell yea, seems like an awesome price too

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I played the poo poo out of yakuza 3, 4 and a bit of zero and they're absolutely insane, weird, and good

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Rimworld good.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Is anyone playing fortnite/pubg/csgo/OW, ect

I am good at all of them but tired of soloing

let me know!!!! PC

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
just get on the discord there are a bunch of pubg people, I don't think anyone plays Fortnight though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Fortnite is for literal children

*boots up anime game*

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't imply anything of the sort.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I play anime fighting games sometimes. I've always wondered about going to a local fighting game event but I am afraid I'd look look Steve Buscemi in the Fellow Kids skit/meme.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Do it, locals are fun and you'll come out of it a better player.

Go and lose and play some casuals and meet people.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
been playing hollow knight its pretty neat

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Fortnite is for literal children

*boots up anime game*

who was saying this?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat I’m just joking y’all

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
jokes are usually funyn tho?!??

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

who was saying this?

ignore the unironic mac gamer

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I only game on Linux

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

man play what makes you happy and makes you forget about *everything* for a while

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

dude you're constantly trying to be a loving edgelord in the games thread

I mean this is your second attempt at a loving fortnite derail

PookBear fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Aug 1, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

could you explain the joke?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Serious question about fighting games: how do you guys memorize all the moves on your main and keep up? It all looks so fast.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EBB posted:

Serious question about fighting games: how do you guys memorize all the moves on your main and keep up? It all looks so fast.

I mean, it's really all there is to it.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

EBB posted:

Depending on the game, there are usually a handful of moves that cover 85 percent of situations. I focus on those core skills first. I've never really gotten to the point to where I use the super situational stuff because I am usually too busy getting my face stomped.

When I do win matches it feels very rewarding though and even if it only happens on ocassion it's a lot like how people keep coming back to golf even though the ball only goes near where they want it to every tenth stroke. You forget about the other nine tries and enjoy the magic of the moment.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Plus movesets are still pretty much in the SF input method-- quarter circles, SRKs, charge moves, etc

Hardest part is learning combo timing more than movesets. You want to learn at least one good punish combo that you can do successfully most of the time, and other situation stuff like 50/50 mixup, frame traps, and weird game-only stuff like option selects or kara throws

SFV did a weird thing where they were really focused on presenting the characters like DOTA heroes, which is lsnt too far from how it is. Learning a build order and move combinations is kinda similar to fighting games, but the matches only take 5 minutes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

If you want to get into a game I still suggest dbzf. It's kept a poo poo load of its player base and it's got the most entrants out of all the games at Evo.

Plus it's simple and fun and the moves are very easy to learn

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I wish the GameCube game "Destroy All Monsters:Melee" had caught on so that I could main Megalon and be a big name in the competitive Godzilla scene

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mods changed my name posted:

I wish the GameCube game "Destroy All Monsters:Melee" had caught on so that I could main Megalon and be a big name in the competitive Godzilla scene

That was a cool game and I played the hell out of it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I think that's a side tournament game at some events, mostly because of all the GameCubes sitting around for melee

The other big ones are Windjammers and Catherine

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Also new godzilla movie is gonna be rad because of king loving ghidorah, the best monster ever

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Speaking of fighting games there’s like a few Marvel vs. Capcom games out it seems but no one talks about them or seems to be playing them

Did they ruin them with DLC or bad bugs? Too many other good fighters? Because gently caress the Dreamcast one was so good and it seemed like all folks ever wanted was another—good—one

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing No Man's Sky multiplayer, which is kinda neat, but so far playing just kinda means you're all mining poo poo on the same planet. It might get more interesting once someone gets a freighter, but without co-op specific missions it's kinda flat. Still fun so far, though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

did they ever add/implement the faction poo poo they promised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think so? You increase your standing with different factions through interaction, but it's really basic right now, and missions are kinda generic fetch missions. But I only have a little time in so far, maybe there's space battles if I follow the story more.