Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Kikas posted:

The only ship I've found with a distress signal was just bits and pieces when I got to it :v: I just buy em from the folks at the space station.

Speaking of space stations boy do I wish there were some basic crafting commodities on them. I'd love even a small refiner as I forget to convert all my minerals to chromatic metal before taking off, and it's annoying to go back to the planet for it.

Check the spaceships that dock at the spacestation. They can sell chromatic metal and other stuff in bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

The S-Class modules for the boltcaster give it the amusing ricochet property. In exchange for a pointless bouncing bullet effect, your boltcaster can no longer damage armored targets, like reinforced doors or any sentinel past the basic ones. I sure hope that's a bug, because holy gently caress that's stupid.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I haven't seen a second S-grade phase beam upgrade, so i bought the A and B ones

now S gives 76% heat dispersion and +6139% damage, A gives 72% head dispersion and +5227 damage, and B gives 39% heat dispersion and +4935% damage. It's like a knife through butter.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Hey I'm a stupid newbie but: is there a way to destroy your home/base? I just built it on the planet where I was asked to build it but it's a crappy swampy toxic ugly land and I want to get rid of it and have my home in some magic sunny orange&blue&green planet where I can sit on my porch and stare at them beautiful pterodactyls while smoking pot and eating magic mushrooms :okpos: :birddrugs: :shroom:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

froody guy posted:

Hey I'm a stupid newbie but: is there a way to destroy your home/base? I just built it on the planet where I was asked to build it but it's a crappy swampy toxic ugly land and I want to get rid of it and have my home in some magic sunny orange&blue&green planet where I can sit on my porch and stare at them beautiful pterodactyls while smoking pot and eating magic mushrooms :okpos: :birddrugs: :shroom:

Well, you can just build a new one and focus on that instead.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Found a planet that was incandescent. Really enjoying this game now compared to when I last played it. I think a big part of it is the goals and the better planet generation.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Well, you can just build a new one and focus on that instead.

Doh! I thought you could have only one.

On a sidenote, since yesterday I was bitching about not having received the Antimatter BP yet, today I logged into the game, immediately received a distress signal on a planet, hopped on my Blazing Omen and off I went, 20 secs later I was landing on some sort of facility where there was a scientist who just offered me a blueprint for nothing in exchange. Guess what was that? Fecking Antimatter :woop:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DaveKap posted:

I was going to say "That was there since launch... which was before Death Stranding's reveal." and then I looked up the dates and, wow, NMS came out 2 months later. gently caress me.

It probably has nothing to do with Death Stranding.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't know if there's a frigate limit, but i'm bound to find out

It seems the frigate missions are stupid games with stupid prizes, but drat if it doesn't look awesome seeing all your ships warp in.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

froody guy posted:

This, but similar: Is there a way to destroy parts of your base? When building my first one, I accidentally put down a wall somewhere in the ocean, a bit off from the base. And now it irritates me every time I go out to look at the fish that there is this weird wall stuck in the water

Edit:

Oh, and something else: Do you need a teleporter build in your base to teleport to it from a station? I wasn't sure if that receiver-thing is only for ships or if you need it in your base, too.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Libluini posted:

This, but similar: Is there a way to destroy parts of your base? When building my first one, I accidentally put down a wall somewhere in the ocean, a bit off from the base. And now it irritates me every time I go out to look at the fish that there is this weird wall stuck in the water

Edit:

Oh, and something else: Do you need a teleporter build in your base to teleport to it from a station? I wasn't sure if that receiver-thing is only for ships or if you need it in your base, too.

Press CTRL while in construct mode and hovering over the part and you should be able to delete it. I don't know what the button is on console, but it should (probably) say on the UI.

For the portal: No, you can teleport to the base whether you have a portal installed there or not. It's extremely convenient to have one, though, so I can recommend installing one.

Edit: My ship came back, behold the Calamari

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 29, 2018

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Powershift posted:

I don't know if there's a frigate limit, but i'm bound to find out

It seems the frigate missions are stupid games with stupid prizes, but drat if it doesn't look awesome seeing all your ships warp in.

God drat that's crazy.

Is there any reason to land on the frigates?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If they get damaged on an expedition, you have to land on them to fix them.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
The limit is 50 frigates. Seems like a lot of ships.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

Press CTRL while in construct mode and hovering over the part and you should be able to delete it. I don't know what the button is on console, but it should (probably) say on the UI.

For the portal: No, you can teleport to the base whether you have a portal installed there or not. It's extremely convenient to have one, though, so I can recommend installing one.

Thanks! (Sadly, my PS4-UI doesn't tell me what button I should press to delete it, so I guess I have to experiment a bit.)

And I'm relieved to here I can just teleport to my base from wherever, I tried it once after setting it up and got discouraged when the teleporter onboard the space station didn't work. I guess I'll try again after I've finished harvesting some whispering eggs!

Edit:

Which would be a hell of a lot easier if those freaking little larvae cores wouldn't glitch into their surroundings at the slightest provocation! There's nothing more annoying than having to feel around in a huge patch of slime to grab a thing made of slightly less liquid slime while alien horrors are biting your rear end! :argh:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jul 29, 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Powershift posted:

If they get damaged on an expedition, you have to land on them to fix them.

Wait, that's how you repair them? My buddy told me he was convinced there's no way to repair damaged frigates.

Also wow, I flew into a red star system with just the Indium drive (freshly purchased ship) and suddenly everything on the station and the anomaly has this black/red filter on it. Is this the "temporal glitch" that the game warns us about?

Broken Cog posted:

To make it clearer - you can't have a specific part equipped while you delete stuff. Just enter the first menu of build mode and the button for delete should be there. You can't hold a wall to delete a wall for example :v: You can't even hold a roof to delete a wall, you have to have the menu open on "wooden structures" or some poo poo like that, THEN you can delete stuff.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Btw, once you reach rank 6+ with the guilds, they regularly give you missions that reward you with stuff worth around 5 mil, so that's one way to make some money.
Bear in mind these missions are a bit more difficult than the usual ones (Kill Sentinel walkers, Defend/Attack freighters, kill 20+ predators), but not anything impossible.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

froody guy posted:

Talk to your base terminal. It has a "destroy base" option that literally removes everything all at once. You can get all (or most...) of the building materials back by building the terminal you'll see under the Permanent category (where the portal would be in the build menu.)

The only problem with this option is that it won't remove the base from your teleporter list... which is honestly a huge oversight that I hope gets patched.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

DaveKap posted:

Talk to your base terminal. It has a "destroy base" option that literally removes everything all at once. You can get all (or most...) of the building materials back by building the terminal you'll see under the Permanent category (where the portal would be in the build menu.)

The only problem with this option is that it won't remove the base from your teleporter list... which is honestly a huge oversight that I hope gets patched.

Thanks, that'd work.

Continuing on the stupid newbie subject: I probably lost those 2 wrecked frigs I found with them distress signals yesterday. I mean, technically I know I still own them, but if I try to summon them I can't. In space it tells me they can't land on a space port and on other planets it tells me they don't have fuel (or something) which is weird because I fixed the engines before leaving. Now, I'm not totally sure I also fueled them because... well, stupid newbie might have forgotten that detail. But most of all, I cannot find where they are now. I thought there was some sort of log or waypoint somewhere (hud, map, logs, anywhere) but it looks like there's none :shrug:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Powershift posted:

I haven't seen a second S-grade phase beam upgrade, so i bought the A and B ones

now S gives 76% heat dispersion and +6139% damage, A gives 72% head dispersion and +5227 damage, and B gives 39% heat dispersion and +4935% damage. It's like a knife through butter.

i feel like your thing is displaying incorrectly, because mine gives 70% dispersion and like 68% increased damage. are you running the experimental or normal version?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

xilni posted:

2. Has anyone confirmed that you can scum your way to the large variant of the star destroyer for your free freighter ( resurgent class? Also how do S classes fit in to this?

That's the exact ship I got the second time my welfare ship activated. 31 slots.
I just jumped around to Korvax systems, hoping that one of their ships would be cool. And it was.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Ah, another thing: how come I'm almost always disconnected by the universal network (whatever it's called) and can't update my discoveries and get them shiny nanites? It only happened once yesterday that I found it green.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I traded in my lovely busted ship for a new one that kind of looks like an X-Wing but then literlaly ten minutes later a rad GOLD ship flew into the space station and now I MUST HAVE IT. :negative:

Time to get treasure hunting in gear

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It feels a lot harder to find properly habitable worlds now. I remember before I'd stumble on total paradise planets frequently, now it's all completely frozen/toxic/fiery hellholes and when I do find a place that seems promising (bountiful etc.) with low Sentinel activity, tons of flora and fauna and a nice 25C temperature, it's 700C firestorms or scalding rain or Sentinels up my rear end every five minutes. :(

I had a "blissful" world saved, where my old base used to be but it's like 600,000LY away so fuuuuck that.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Hmm in my game the tech merchsnt inventories dont appear to be cycling. I see the same blueprints all the time and its seems the same upgrade modules too

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
My game has been saying it's saved but last auto and manual saves are from hours ago. It doesn't actually save. So fed up, don't know what I can do. Any ideas?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Stare-Out posted:

It feels a lot harder to find properly habitable worlds now. I remember before I'd stumble on total paradise planets frequently, now it's all completely frozen/toxic/fiery hellholes and when I do find a place that seems promising (bountiful etc.) with low Sentinel activity, tons of flora and fauna and a nice 25C temperature, it's 700C firestorms or scalding rain or Sentinels up my rear end every five minutes. :(

I had a "blissful" world saved, where my old base used to be but it's like 600,000LY away so fuuuuck that.

Yeah I'm experiencing this and it's getting kind of tiring. I'd like to find a planet that's just totally chill please. Three times now I've found very nice pretty planets and then after about 10 minutes a superheated storm comes through and it's like well gently caress.

I warped into a system and literally every planet is toxic or scalding. And the sentinels are "aggressive" as if they aren't already a pain in the rear end. At least freezing planets with blizzards tend to be pretty wintertime planets

Burns
May 10, 2008

So i accidentally blew myself up and now there is this horrible hissing audio in the background

Edit: turns out for whatever readon the bug wad being caused by having the base rrstoration quest selected.

Burns fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 29, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Everyone really should do the Superconductor thing in case they bother to change it. I just made 50 million in under 5 minutes, and half of that was just waiting for the guy with Enriched Carbon to show back up. I don't feel like it's exploitive at all, having the pressure of not being able to buy that sweet Exotic or big rear end Freighter removed has made focusing on the actual exploring and base building and story much easier.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

precision posted:

Everyone really should do the Superconductor thing in case they bother to change it. I just made 50 million in under 5 minutes, and half of that was just waiting for the guy with Enriched Carbon to show back up. I don't feel like it's exploitive at all, having the pressure of not being able to buy that sweet Exotic or big rear end Freighter removed has made focusing on the actual exploring and base building and story much easier.

What Superconductor thing?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hemish posted:

What Superconductor thing?

Once you get the superconductor recipe (and the economy scanner), find yourself a rich system then just buy the materials required for superconductor from the ships that land. You spend like 200k to make 2M per craft or something like that. I’ve been trying to hunt manufacturing sites for the recipe but I haven’t had any luck yet.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Once you get the superconductor recipe (and the economy scanner), find yourself a rich system then just buy the materials required for superconductor from the ships that land. You spend like 200k to make 2M per craft or something like that. I’ve been trying to hunt manufacturing sites for the recipe but I haven’t had any luck yet.

Ah nice. I'm not there yet. I just want to make a few millions so I can join public game for some exosuit upgrades and find a scanner higher than C... All these posts talking about S scanner... Now that I found out that you need to manually update all discoveries 3 times per planet in the menu, I have 700 nanites and I really want a S class scanner upgrade!

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Is the only way to get the recipe for glass etc via the various quest lines? The grind is a bit less painful if you do stuff in smaller steps, and I've got a pretty rad base set up dug into a mountain overlooking a trading post that's above a huge lake so I get ships buzzing past all the time but the game is so monumentally bugged to poo poo that the threat of wasting my time on a bugged quest-line (plus I've it done it once already and didn't enjoy it at all) is putting me off playing any further.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Hemish posted:

Ah nice. I'm not there yet. I just want to make a few millions so I can join public game for some exosuit upgrades and find a scanner higher than C... All these posts talking about S scanner... Now that I found out that you need to manually update all discoveries 3 times per planet in the menu, I have 700 nanites and I really want a S class scanner upgrade!

I got super lucky and found an S scanner in my starter system. I don't even remember how I got it. It might have been free. The downside was that I stuck it into a damaged multitool. Nice amount of slots, but I have a whole row of crap I need to remove from it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There's another one i've found.

60,000 for thermic condensate and 60,000 for enriched carbon to make organic catalyst($500k), then organic catalyst and 60,000 for nitrogen salt to produce fusion accelerant worth 2,000,000. Then if you're like me and have been farming mushrooms to produce $1m liquid explosive, you can combine the 2m fusion accelerant and 1m liquid explosive into a $5m product.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So can you have lots of bases, and if so is it easy to teleport between them?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yes, many bases, and yes, the terminal to teleport is easy to build,

I have farms on planets that support the plants i wanted. i can just zap in, harvest, and zap out.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You can teleport to any base from any space station. One way trip unless you build a teleporter ring in the base itself. Then you can teleport to anywhere with a TP that you have been to. So base to base or base to station. Station to Station also works I think?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Excellent thanks. Everything is so buggy at the moment I'm a little tentative at trying new things.

The game is fun so I'll keep playing, but if I'd probably recommend other people wait a few months until a lot of the game breaking bugs are ironed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Holy Cribs Robber is there a way to find out where a recently location, scanned and uploaded, is? Left a drop pod with an exosuit upgrade with only 110 cobalt missing, went on another planet to mine them, and now it's not marked anymore :sweatdrop: