Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Looper posted:

Slice of Bloodborne: I've just made it to Castle Cainhurst and this is incredibly my poo poo. I'm really glad this game I've been wanting to play for years as been as fun as I'd hoped

You’re in Castlevania now. Bust out that transformed Threaded Cane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

al-azad posted:

Yes, Prey is awesome.

However I made the mistake of also playing Doom 2016 at the same time so whenever I switch back to Prey it feels like I'm playing a game with auto-walk permanently on.

I'm upset I slept on Doom for so long. Play on Ultra-Violence, I thought it would be frustratingly balanced but no this is ideal difficulty for the game.

e: checkpoints suck though. Please outlaw checkpoints in FPS games tyia

Well the shooting is also really flimsy feeling in Prey but it's a totally different game approach that just happens to share a camera perspective. I imagine playing both at the same time would be disorienting though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

wish I could play my rent with gifs, jealous

I wish it was anything close to that instead of the reality of "hey we don't want to pay rent until you actually fix this place up and pay to get pest control to remove the bed bugs, also, stop acting like the bed bugs will go away if we put our belongings in a bag for 2 days, that's not how this poo poo works" and her response was to try and sic her dog on me and calling us rats and parasites because she was convinced we actually had 2 apartments and she was just letting us stay there out of the goodness of her heart and that we were being unfair to her by not giving 6 months notice before moving and also stealing all of our electronics and valuables and acting like she didn't take them even though her boyfriend was trying to give them back to us and then when we had to go in with a police officer (who really didn't like helping us and we had to pull teeth to get him to come along because he said it was our fault for renting there and that he doesn't care that she stole from us) to retrieve our stolen electronics and valuables, there were several missing or damaged beyond repair and her excuse was that some else had kicked in the door and taken those particular items, and then she asked if we happened to get back a jewelry box that belonged to KCB because the landlord was all "hey uhhh I put some of my..friend's medication in there... do you have that still, my friend really needs it" but we'd already dumped the contents because it was just filled with drugs and we were just so completely livid and pissed off that

I got distracted. let's get back to more important things.

Better quality pic

I got put in loving prison for accidentally almost murdering a guy by breaking every bone in his body because I accidentally pushed him off a tree branch at the top of the world.

AND my grandma was disappointed in my birthday present!!!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

This is how my life will end

Can I have your pearls

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

Yes, Prey is awesome.

However I made the mistake of also playing Doom 2016 at the same time so whenever I switch back to Prey it feels like I'm playing a game with auto-walk permanently on.

I'm upset I slept on Doom for so long. Play on Ultra-Violence, I thought it would be frustratingly balanced but no this is ideal difficulty for the game.

e: checkpoints suck though. Please outlaw checkpoints in FPS games tyia

Yah prey would be way more fun with triple movement speed

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also depending on what unit "time" is using, either congrats or my condolences

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

Also depending on what unit "time" is using, either congrats or my condolences

It's in seconds so yeah about 2 hours

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1023378178511843328

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

It's weird that the thing no System Shock alike copied were the various speed boosts. The first game has Jet Set Radio electric skates which is awesome and maxing agility in SS2 gives you Doomguy speed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I guess combat would be too easy if strafing wasnt useless

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I can't imagine they'd only do Valkyrie, they gotta do Slow Dancer too.

Also, in that same twitter thread:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I adopted a cat today because I've been feeling lonely. I was a little hesitant because I didn't know how well I would do with a pet but he seems to be integrating well.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the best part of ss2 is the dark engine's unmanageably hosed up moon physics

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Hero Yoshihiko is a cool show with exactly one season's worth of jokes

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Here's a repository of all the drawings ripped from the game without the various filters and backgrounds Wario uses if you wanna see how they look plain.

Even includes what Wario paints when you use his own amiibo.
Some things are just too pure for this world :allears:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Phantasium posted:

The OSSC is cheaper, but also the people that made those sound really excited about a thing they're getting ready to sell called a RetroTink 2x which takes composite, s-video, or a component source to HDMI and is like a third the cost of an OSSC and doesn't need you to mod your console.

They only have signups for preorders at the moment, so it's not available to sell yet.

But yeah don't use cheap scalers. If your tv has component, you can usually plug composite cables into it. It won't be great but neither are most cheap solutions and this is free.

The OSSC is great if you want to add scanlines to older consoles, and emulates a CRT display pretty flawlessly. The new device is much cheaper but only does basic linedoubling. It doesn't accept composite but does take SCART and adaptors for the latter cost like £1.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I picked up that Attack on Titan 2 game since it was on sale and yikes does the movement feel really good in that game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/coastward/status/1023256258286108673

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Oh La Mulana 2 is out tomorrow

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/Z4S9vbt.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/zkf76h1.mp4

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

Well the shooting is also really flimsy feeling in Prey but it's a totally different game approach that just happens to share a camera perspective. I imagine playing both at the same time would be disorienting though

Prey doesn't have any BFG-type uber guns because TranStar doesn't want their space stations taking excessive damage.
:goonsay:

Maxed Mobility lets you run at a decent clip and jump like eight feet in the air, which I wish Doomguy could do sometimes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I said come in! posted:

I've been given an Nintendo 64, and I was wondering if this would be what I want to get in order to plug it into my 4K TV https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9994

oddium posted:

you want a framemeister or nothing
IMO having gone through this a year or so ago, the UltraHDMI mod is your best bet even if it is a bit of a nuclear option. Of course if you can get it to run fine on your TV with either a Framemeister or OSSC that's probably going to be cheaper/easier (but still requires a RGB mod).

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 29, 2018

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did they finally release the hdmi boards. it's been like three years since i've kept up with any of it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

oddium posted:

did they finally release the hdmi boards. it's been like three years since i've kept up with any of it
In that time period, yes boards were released, but as you might expect right now they're sold out again (at least on retrofixes which is where I got mine done). I had my ear to the ground for a fair while and IIRC got the update asking for pre-orders from the retrofixes twitter account.

E: Looks like retrofixes had preorders up as recently as April of this year

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 29, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

Slice of Bloodborne: I've just made it to Castle Cainhurst and this is incredibly my poo poo. I'm really glad this game I've been wanting to play for years as been as fun as I'd hoped

I literally linked my PS4 to my Twitter just so I could share screens of how awesome Cainhurst looks. I'm not even a screenshot sharing type but god drat that are made me so happy.

Really, the only thing that could've made BB more perfect for me is if the clocktower was a full area rather than just a room you do the best fight in the game in.

Also, please submit your august chat thread suggestions....NOW

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I got rid of a beggar for an orc dude and he gave me A DOG ZOMBIE. Shivering Isles rules.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

al-azad posted:

I adopted a cat today because I've been feeling lonely. I was a little hesitant because I didn't know how well I would do with a pet but he seems to be integrating well.

Awww good boy, he's helping you set everything up!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

We do wireless everything now because one of our cats is a kill-on-sight string assassin who will destroy headphones, USB cables, and peripheral cords in seconds.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I literally linked my PS4 to my Twitter just so I could share screens of how awesome Cainhurst looks. I'm not even a screenshot sharing type but god drat that are made me so happy.

Really, the only thing that could've made BB more perfect for me is if the clocktower was a full area rather than just a room you do the best fight in the game in.

Also, please submit your august chat thread suggestions....NOW

Samuringa posted:

Octavius Chat Thread with Shadow of Rome as the GOTM

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

The developers of Prey agree with you and that's why it has that other stuff getting the double jump was great and I got it at the perfect time too, plenty of ways to use it in the arboretum and hangar bay

al-azad posted:

:cabot:

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Just encountered the annoying fact that you can't sell Steam cards if you haven't bought a game on Steam for a year.

gently caress you Valve! I want to turn these stupid cards into pennies.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

al-azad posted:

Aww, good for you, have you ever had a cat before?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The new Warioware owns

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Andrast posted:

The new Warioware owns
3DS?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Aww, good for you, have you ever had a cat before?

Nope!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Exclusive

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Isn't it just a best of collection from previous games or did they do something more with it?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

lets hang out posted:

Oh La Mulana 2 is out tomorrow

Yeah someone should make a thread.

I'm so excited I've been waiting 4 years for this thing. My 170 dollar kickstarter donation finally bout to pay off

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

I'm so excited I've been waiting 4 years for this thing. My 170 dollar kickstarter donation finally bout to pay off

We salute you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Zaggitz posted:

i did it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864485

farewell

• Locked thread