Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

buddy I wish he was communist

There were literally people in this very forum who thought he was one.

We must never forget this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's not an issue of morality. If it were, the solution to capitalism would merely come down to putting "good oligarchs" to work, and rejecting the "bad oligarchs". We already know that that doesn't work.

If you're operating in a system where "more money = better than", you can and will eventually rationalize yourself into a position where you will do these things.

Think of it this way: if you are a "conscientious" capitalist, but the business you're in is barely keeping afloat, and you find that keeping yourself in the black requires exploitative practices, the choices available to you are to either go ahead and do it anyway, or don't, and leave the market to be taken by people with even less moral scruples than you. Capitalism as a system acts as its own filter to elevate the worst excesses of it itself to the top.
This is a false problem because the series of negative position alt-coins could double for a 20% overall profit next week.

It's only a loss if you sell negative.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of the Greenwald tweet stuff, do we know why he deleted all those tweets? Was it just a blanket delete of everything during a particular time period?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/1023228275043311619?s=19

https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/1023228773918023681?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i don't think failson/daughter means do exactly what your parents would want you to do

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Office Pig posted:

gently caress jeb

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the patented jeb! experience

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Majorian posted:

There were literally people in this very forum who thought he was one.

We must never forget this.

i'll admit my own fault here

i thought he was a secret succdem

but he's legitimately just an old school pre-reagan republican

kind of like a dumb nixon

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

basic hitler posted:

i'll admit my own fault here

i thought he was a secret succdem

but he's legitimately just an old school pre-reagan republican

kind of like a dumb nixon

wow the stupid crime elemental is just like the previous crime elemental except really dumb

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of the Greenwald tweet stuff, do we know why he deleted all those tweets? Was it just a blanket delete of everything during a particular time period?

he said he deleted pre 2016 tweets because they were easier to take out of context. or because he’s a Russian spy trying to take down western civilization from Brazil.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the patented jeb! experience

jeb!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the libs unironically spamming that greenwald is deleting tweets because mueller is after him baffle me

like i know that every single twitter resister is an enormous moron but this is a level of stupidity that is beyond me

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

RottenK posted:

the libs unironically spamming that greenwald is deleting tweets because mueller is after him baffle me

like i know that every single twitter resister is an enormous moron but this is a level of stupidity that is beyond me

Greenwald called takebacksies. Once a tweet is deleted that is it! Erased from history.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Greenwald called takebacksies. Once a tweet is deleted that is it! Erased from history.

Something something, Thanos fingersnap.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

As the people work them selves to death, as their children boil alive on a dying planet, as their neighbors are rounded up and herded into pens like cattle, and as they all cry above begging for someone to save them, I'll look down at them and whisper... Putin Trump.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Iron Twinkie posted:

As the people work them selves to death, as their children boil alive on a dying planet, as their neighbors are rounded up and herded into pens like cattle, and as they all cry above begging for someone to save them, I'll look down at them and whisper... Putin Trump.

https://twitter.com/AsherLangton/status/990338251977191424

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

RottenK posted:

He might be being investigated as a go between for people like Assange.

LOL

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:chloe:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

MysteriousStranger posted:

He might be being investigated as a go between for people like Assange.

lol, this country is so hosed

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It would be pretty funny if Glenn Greenwald went to jail

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
nah, because we want to avoid jailing journalists and whistleblowers as it will cast a chilling effect on future whistleblowing and reporting yeah, poo poo is fairly hosed already with access focused consolidated corporate news

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I'm 6 minutes into this and we already had Morgan Freeman, Robert de Niro, Kevin Bacon, Anderson Cooper, and then swerves wildly into Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, and Kid Rock.

EDIT: goddamn it then goes to Jack Black, Laura Dern, and Robert Redford. I don't think they'll do politicians until the Constitution.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 29, 2018

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm 6 minutes into this and we already had Morgan Freeman, Robert de Niro, Kevin Bacon, Anderson Cooper, and then swerves wildly into Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, and Kid Rock.

EDIT: goddamn it then goes to Jack Black, Laura Dern, and Robert Redford. I don't think they'll do politicians until the Constitution.

good god

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Corky Romanovsky posted:

nah, because we want to avoid jailing journalists and whistleblowers as it will cast a chilling effect on future whistleblowing and reporting

Obama sure didn't give a gently caress about that.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

umm, im pretty sure thats exactly why he did it, actually

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Corky Romanovsky posted:

nah, because we want to avoid jailing journalists and whistleblowers as it will cast a chilling effect on future whistleblowing and reporting yeah, poo poo is fairly hosed already with access focused consolidated corporate news

Lol he's responsible for the jailing of a whistleblower

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol he's responsible for the jailing of a whistleblower

He’s not. Greenwald didn’t do the Reality Winner story.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

while bernie is racing around the country canvassing for non-succ dems, single-payer & living wages, clinton is attending high-priced broadway shows and literalizing the meme "and then everyone stood up and clapped"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Willa Rogers posted:

while bernie is racing around the country canvassing for non-succ dems, single-payer & living wages, clinton is attending high-priced broadway shows and literalizing the meme "and then everyone stood up and clapped"

A court is the most depressing place on earth. Wherever there is a throne, one may observe in rich detail every folly and wickedness of which man is capable, enameled with manners and gilded with hypocrisy.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

got any sevens posted:

A court is the most depressing place on earth. Wherever there is a throne, one may observe in rich detail every folly and wickedness of which man is capable, enameled with manners and gilded with hypocrisy.

source your quotes

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
gore vidal you troglodyte

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Willie Tomg posted:

gore vidal you troglodyte

Now listen here you queer, stop calling others troglodytes or ill sock you in the goddamn face

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

Haha she's totally going to run and rig the primary again.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Willa Rogers posted:

Shes running

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Willa Rogers posted:

not exactly shocking given the demographic you have to be in to afford Broadway tickets on a regular basis, on top of the sort of audience a revival of a 60-year-old musical draws

anyway, have a rare non-succ Tapper tweet

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1023646262405550081?s=21

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Lord in heaven please physically repel and prevent hillary clinton from running. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The biggest thing right now preventing Hillary from running again is she'd be up against a LOT more competition just in shear numbers than 2016. If you want someone like Bernie to win you want as many centrist hacks jumping in the pool as possible

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I'd be more than happy to see Hillary "run" again

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wonder who the big unions will back in 2020, iirc they backed hill pretty early on

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

bernoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Barry Convex posted:

not exactly shocking given the demographic you have to be in to afford Broadway tickets on a regular basis, on top of the sort of audience a revival of a 60-year-old musical draws

anyway, have a rare non-succ Tapper tweet

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1023646262405550081?s=21

it’s cool how everyone mad about tweets/criticisms like this expects less than nothing from post-presidency obama