Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I read it some. I'm not really digging the setting, but the mecha rules are (at a first glance) solid enough. That's what I wanted from it, so I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Fragged Empire Dieselpunk Mecha KS just sent out PDF copies. I'm impressed by how ridiculously fast he delivered. :stare:

By all accounts he had the core draft pretty much done and the Kickstarter was primarily for the sake of being able to devote some time to fleshing it out a bit and adding art. It's still a surprisingly fast turnaround all things considered and it sounds like he may run more of these mini-projects in the future.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Looks like Fragged Empire Hacked was updated at the same time, even.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
A little more than 24 hours left on Geist: the Sin Eater Second Edition. It's the latest Onyx Path game to get a second edition and looking like a major improvement on the first. They've released the draft manuscript during the campaign for backers. The basic premise of the game is that you died and have been brought back by making a deal with this transformed ghost who has drank from the rivers of the Underworld. The game is pretty explicitly hopeful even though it takes place on a messed up setting. The PCs have the potential to make the world a better place or at least help people.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Ratoslov posted:

I read it some. I'm not really digging the setting, but the mecha rules are (at a first glance) solid enough. That's what I wanted from it, so I'm happy.

Yup, I mainly wanted some cool mecha rules and I got them!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Kai Tave posted:

By all accounts he had the core draft pretty much done and the Kickstarter was primarily for the sake of being able to devote some time to fleshing it out a bit and adding art. It's still a surprisingly fast turnaround all things considered and it sounds like he may run more of these mini-projects in the future.

Yeah, you could basically watch the development happen on the Fragged Discord; he was originally just going to toss it up on drivethru with no kickstarter but folks convinced him to let them throw more money at it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My wife made me back Dungeons and Doggoes on the spot when I showed her.

I'm pretty stoked too.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

djfooboo posted:

Dungeons and Doggoes

oh god damnit

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

djfooboo posted:

My wife made me back Dungeons and Doggoes on the spot when I showed her.

I'm pretty stoked too.

Same here. I think it’s nuts how well they’re doing and hope that, for first-timers, things go smoothly for them because I absolutely need these dogs.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Too Many Bones/Undertow should be shipping this week. Super excited to get to play it, heard nothing but great things about it.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
My Who Goes There? box arrived yesterday, looking forward to seeing how it plays. It sounds complex enough where my group (myself included) will take a bit to learn, but I enjoy the co-op with betrayal mechanics.

The free included card for their dumb totally a joke guys brony looking card game went straight in the bin, though.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
Has this been mentioned here?

Flotsam posted:

Flotsam: Adrift Amongst the Stars is a roleplaying game about outcasts, renegades and misfits living in the belly of a space station, in the shadow of a more prosperous society. You play through their everyday lives, interpersonal relationships and small-scale drama in the Below, a dangerous world where poverty, social strife and gang conflict sit side-by-side with alien technology and supernatural weirdness.
It's by one of Lovecraftesque's co-authors. It also will have stretch goal content by (among others) Grant Howitt, the author of Spire.
I also like the illustrations.

Foglet fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 31, 2018

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Show support for the Void RPG System and receive a digital download of the Void RPG logo.

INCLUDES:

* Logo Digital Download

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Void RPG Logo

A logo for an upcoming RPG system titled Void.

$0 pledged of $150

What Is This Project?

This project is the first step in completing a five year journey of mine which has been the development of the Void RPG System. In order to get the Void RPG System ready for publication it needs a defining logo, and unfortunately, as you can probably tell by the banner image for this Kickstarter, professional level graphic design is not in my repertoire of skills. This is where Kickstarter comes into play.

I have contacted a professional graphic design artist who I believe will be a fantastic fit for designing the Void RPG Logo. However, as with any professional, they deserve to be paid. I am looking to acquire the funds in order to pay this individual and begin the first steps into getting the Void RPG System published.

i mean at least they understand that you have to pay people. this is a start.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 31, 2018

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I have a lot of thoughts but my main feedback is that there's already an RPG called The Void :ssh:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ettin posted:

I have a lot of thoughts but my main feedback is that there's already an RPG called The Void :ssh:

This is just Void, no definite article. One void of many, an indefinite void.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Foglet posted:

Has this been mentioned here?

It's by one of Lovecraftesque's co-authors. It also will have stretch goal content by (among others) Grant Howitt, the author of Spire.
I also like the illustrations.

Sounds very much like The Discarded, which means I'm probably going to end up buying this.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Dungeons and Doggies is in its last few hours, and may yet hit a half a million US dollars.

If I wasn't so awful at minis, I'd be all over it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
If you missed it the first time around (like me), Bargain Quest is returning to KS for a second printing + expansion on August 6th.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Well they’re one up on the Path of War kickstarter, I guess.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The_Doctor posted:

If you missed it the first time around (like me), Bargain Quest is returning to KS for a second printing + expansion on August 6th.

Great news since I totally missed it the first time around and have heard really good things about it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

DalaranJ posted:

Well they’re one up on the Path of War kickstarter, I guess.

Someone should tell this guy about FreeLogoServices.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Got my copy of Root + expansion last night. Preliminary results are in: they did a really nice job putting this together.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Nexus goes live tomorrow. The art and miniatures look great. Cross between blood bowl and I want to say Spartacus like arena game.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
I highly need someone to explain jim pinto's Protocol and Praxis series of games to me someday but I know he's doing another one, this time in both Praxis and Protocol versions.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Foglet posted:

I highly need someone to explain jim pinto's Protocol and Praxis series of games to me someday but I know he's doing another one, this time in both Praxis and Protocol versions.

They are great reads, I still haven't run any of them but the Black Monk series he kickstarted a while ago really stick in my head.

Mechanically they're comparable to Fiasco with more focused scene-building. You do playbook-style chargen then take turns setting and running scenes - but you have a fixed list of available scene types depending on your character.

Ensembles: all the PCs are in one place
Flashbacks: like another scene but in the past
Forks: quick decision-making scenes where the scene-runner sets up a dilemma for another PC
Intercut: freeform scenes capped at 90 seconds
Interlude: focus on two PCs with a pre-existing relationship
Interrogation: two characters, one asks another up to 5 questions to explore a subject
Monologues: the scene-runner delivers a speech that can't be interrupted
Vignettes: atmosphere-setting descriptive blocks

The setting and characters are pretty fascinating too - I really want to run this at some point.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Also he's super on to it as far as kickstarter management and delivery.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Is Backerkit actually as sinister as that dude makes it sound?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

I've never had a bad experience with backerkit but I think he's just a perfectionist and wants to run that himself.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Kai Tave posted:

Is Backerkit actually as sinister as that dude makes it sound?

There's at least a half dozen competitors to Backerkit he could use if they really were sinister

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I was eyeing up the $120 hardcover tier, but there's no options for non-US shipping so I guess not.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

xiw posted:

I've never had a bad experience with backerkit but I think he's just a perfectionist and wants to run that himself.

I'm guessing he just doesn't want to pay for a service, rather than thinking he can do a better job of it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Shockingly, Monopoly Auctions is subject to an intellectual property dispute.

Didn't see that coming, it totally seemed on the up-and-up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

dwarf74 posted:

Shockingly, Monopoly Auctions is subject to an intellectual property dispute.

Didn't see that coming, it totally seemed on the up-and-up.

Property I can see, intellectual not so much.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Limm sent me a pee dee eff copy of Orc Stabr via DTRPG, and it even game with an audio edition!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

NTRabbit posted:

Limm sent me a pee dee eff copy of Orc Stabr via DTRPG, and it even game with an audio edition!

I love that my broken-English orc game has an audiobook.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
POSITIVE ORCIN’FORCEMENT

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

This is my favourite Kickstarter ever.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Gonna take my turn at the shillin' corner.

Rezonite is a little indie project by an old friend of mine. It's a single-box constructable card game about wizard duels.

I know, I know, sit back down. You're not gonna be crashing 4/2s into 3/4s or whatever. I've played the drat thing, she's got something really clever here.

You've got some number (8~10?) cards in your deck that can win you the game if the stars align. You're carefully trying to set up 5 or 6 spinning plates of little synergies--maybe a couple cards that mill the deck, one that attacks the hand, a slow destructive enchantment to protect your investments--and then hoping against hope that your opponent kicks over the wrong part of your delicate little sandcastle. Preferably the part you've hidden a bear trap in.

My question is, do you miss Netrunner yet? I know it's still in print, but it ain't long for this world. And even if it were, it's something like $500 for the whole pile of cards, 90% of which are useless and .1% are wildly overpowered. Do you miss the *idea* of Netrunner, of the bluff and counterbluff and squeaking out just enough resources to make one strike and praying that you've read the board right and you're speeding towards the game-winning agenda and not the Snare that'll blow your head off?

(Okay, not quite blow your head off. There are no instant victories from a blue sky in Rezonite. You always get one turn to see the face of your executioner and try to wriggle out of the noose.)

The base game comes divided into 5 prebuilt decks (one of each school) with no duplicates. If you want something you can pull out of the box and play, you got it. If you wanna remix the decks into your own homebrew, you got it. The base pledge is $25 USD. If you want the print n play, it's $5 USD for 2 decks. $40 if you want tokens.

Like I said, Robyn's an old friend. I've helped playtest this game. A lot. I'm not an impartial judge. But I've been asked to plug other games before, and I've usually demurred because I don't wanna put my good reputation on someone's friend's cousin's Exploding Kittens clone. But I actually believe in Rezonite. The game has an action economy so tight, you can feel its fingers around your neck. There's no throwaway plays and no following the curve. Every decision feels like its asking which of your arms to cut off.

Now, the shaky bits:

Robyn's running a one-woman studio, with all the problems that comes with it. And right now, the art's solid (all done by Elly "Yoccu" Beck), but the graphic design is...well, it's not Sierra Madre wonky, but its pretty utilitarian. Getting an actual graphic designer on board is one of the goals of the campaign, but for now it looks like this.

And I can't say the page is selling the game super well right now. She's only got cards from one school up. No public rulebook yet. No demo videos. This is deffo a KS pitch from the days of "engineering student sells laser cut trebuchets," not "major company wants preorders." Hopefully some of that gets fixed soonish.

And, y'know. Constructable card game about wizard duels. If that makes you feel apprehensive, I get that.

All I can say is, the game's good, the testing's done, the balance is sharp, and the presentation'll hopefully catch up. Give it a thought, yeah?

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I backed it, but oof that graphic design needs serious work. Still, looks like the designer's aware of that and has budgeted for it, so. Fingers crossed!