Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

just watched my cat eat a whole mousey :wth:

You know what they say...
I got nuthin'

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

sorry for sharing this brutal news it's just p crazy but also a natural part of Kat Lyfe

Papa Was A Video Toaster

my dogge eated a birb once

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

TVsVeryOwn posted:

my dogge eated a birb once

!!!

alnilam

username post combo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

nature is cruel

pizza is p good though

Papa Was A Video Toaster

hamjobs posted:

nature is cruel

pizza is p good though

pizza, the quintessential soup in a bread bowl.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

👀

alnilam

hamjobs posted:

nature is cruel

pizza is p good though

my cat: *eating a mousey*

me: hey why don't you hit this za instead

cat: alnilam u goof it's 10 am

me: oh? *pulling out a bagel with a grin*

Dungeon Ecology

i love that the artist is super detailed about the face, but pretty minimalist about the outfit

obluff
whas good playas. i stay lurking but it's my bday so i'm making my first post on this site

obluff
drat my pic is cooked. i need to stance my profile out

TOOT BOOT

happy birthday and welcome, friend

obluff
how do ya do toot boot, what's on your mind?

sorry if i'm sposed to do a bit or something but i'm just tryna chill rn

Dungeon Ecology

no bit necessary, just do you.

i mean i just got here too...

Twenty Four

Lizard Wizard posted:

he's a firefighter

firefighter fighter

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

my cat: *eating a mousey*

me: hey why don't you hit this za instead

cat: alnilam u goof it's 10 am

me: oh? *pulling out a bagel with a grin*

in other mouse related news, I've been setting out humane mouse traps lately and they've been working really well, nearly every morning there's a mouse in need of a chauffeur to be taken a few miles away and released into the woods

they don't tip well, but they're p cute so that makes up for a lot

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Manifisto posted:

in other mouse related news, I've been setting out humane mouse traps lately and they've been working really well, nearly every morning there's a mouse in need of a chauffeur to be taken a few miles away and released into the woods
When you're in the woods, watch out for mousee human traps.

punchymcpunch

i wouldnt like to get eaten by a cat

Jaded Burnout

I wouldn't like to get sweetened and made fat

Manifisto

roomforthetuna posted:

When you're in the woods, watch out for mousee human traps.

thread concept: how various animals would try to lure / entrap humans

dog lure for humans: a really really sexy leg to hump

Manifisto

honey? why is there a pile of worms on the dock with a rope leading into the water?

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
As happens every Monday, I forgot my lunch. And, like most Mondays, I decided to go eat at the work cafeteria rather than walking two excruciating minutes to get a decent meal.

Today's monstrosity was a Philly Chicken Cheese Plate with a side of basmati rice and a fountain drink. I don't understand why Philly Chicken Cheese implies rice and a fountain drink, but cafeteria logic obeys its own internal diktats.

You - innocent and naive - may assume a Philly Chicken Cheese Plate would involve a bun or hoagie of some description. You would be mistaken. With two flicks of an oversized ladle, the cafeteria lad arranged a nest of buttered rice and filled it with a Philly Chicken Cheese melange.

I - neither innocent nor naive - assumed I would receive ground chicken and a sad sheet of processed cheese. I was mistaken. Philly Chicken Cheese is a composite material not unlike the fiberboard used in $20 coffee tables or the ragged cement in country roads. The chicken component, which I do not dare to call 'meat,' had been rendered exceedingly fine. Flecks of onion and translucent bell pepper provided aggregate material to lighten and strengthen the slurry. No cheese as such was visible, but the presence of cheese-smell and cheese-taste imply that a dairy-inspired adhesive bonded the Philly Chicken Cheese.

I once tried to scramble eggs and cut them into a fried rice using only a plastic serving spoon and the effect was not unlike what I ate today.

I give 7 out of 10 cafeterias.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Manifisto posted:

thread concept: how various animals would try to lure / entrap humans

dog lure for humans: a really really sexy leg to hump

The cat sets out a box three quarters the size of an adult human.

Dungeon Ecology

pandas set out 12,000lbs of celery.

theyre not very good at it

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Bloody fish guts splattered all over the docks can mean only one thing....

Shark Week

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

lmbo calrissian posted:

Daily haiku (do we have a thread?)

In a rut we sit
Feeling dusty record sleeves
Soldier boy tell them

Here, BYOB
The thread started but...
Now the thread is here

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 31, 2018

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
Going camping tomorrow! My car is so full it undid its timing belt.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

DavidAlltheTime posted:

camp the gently caress out of it friend

:)

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Seems ol Blue Deanie still has a thing or two to learn about makin coconut rice, friends. but my shrimp skewers turned out good! (minus one or two shrimps i threw out bc i wasnt confident they were done)

take the moon

by sebmojo
im glad u had al some shrimp turn out rite

ive been goin to cooking skule, had my 2nd kitchen day today. we made cream of cauliflower soup and i pretty much messed up the focaccia (?) bread as hard as possible because all my garnishes fell out. i actually messed up at every point p much lol. i literally ripped off and ate pieces of the bread on the subway because i was so depressed.

im really hoping this turns around and i get gud at making bread because thats so useful

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I believe in you man! If i had to go back to school I would pick cooking school just for my own personal edification, I wanna make good food for me and my people to eat!

remember what jake the dog says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN43sCyEanA

wearing a lampshade

Making good bread is deceptively hard. It really does take a fair bit of practice. Keep at it!!!

wearing a lampshade

Also just practice making bread at home often. 1) you will make it better at school 2) delicious bread at home 3) dip the bread in olive oil and have a bottle of wine

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

albany academy posted:

Making good bread is deceptively hard. It really does take a fair bit of practice. Keep at it!!!
True, but also making bread better than store-bought is deceptively easy, because even pretty badly screwed up bread fresh from the oven is tasty. The bar for 'good' moves as you get better at it!

take the moon

by sebmojo

so wise

ty guys :)

----------------

wearing a lampshade

roomforthetuna posted:

True, but also making bread better than store-bought is deceptively easy, because even pretty badly screwed up bread fresh from the oven is tasty. The bar for 'good' moves as you get better at it!

Wisdom.

Jaded Burnout

DavidAlltheTime posted:

I was going to say oh no is your engine OK did you stop it in time :ohdear:
but then I realised it was a joke :sweatdrop:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm about to enjoy some pistachio ice cream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
mmm im up super early because i noticed i couldnt find my phone and wanted to kno what time it was

turns out it was off, wont charge, so im staying up to keep an eye on the time. its really important that i not oversleep now lol

btw im being paid for the culinary school due to federal economy optics, so i feel extra pressure to not screw up

didnt need that nonrem sleep anyway :unsmith:

----------------