Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheAgent posted:

I mean, you are always going to have the insanely rich true believers to help fund things, but they continue to lose them year after year, replaced with russian money launderers and people trying to wash crypto monies

I wonder when all this collapses, if CIG, much like Portalarium, is going to throw Turbulent under the bus for all of this

That's a very polite way of saying, "Fundraising clip-a-thons at Port Olisar and possibly a chance to bid on CR's Orgone/Prana/Argon/whatever-enriched blood."

Maybe even a space reliquary of his hair.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Bravo, Vertisce. Best deep-cover/long-con troll I've seen in ages.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, all the loving shills are getting dumped. They should know that it takes 2 days after CIG assfucks them for the average backer to pledge again.

Just have a little patience Vertisce my boyo.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

So with the change to the UEC becoming un-capped, I take it CIG was wanting another couple of days of gaming press all talking about Star Citizen?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So Roberts going live this week.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ManofManyAliases posted:

You guys can poo poo on my all you want, but I didn't say that Streetroller didn't deserve a refund because of his disability. My counter argument to him revolved around playability/completion of the game, and why (after accepting several iterations of the ToS) he is largely ineligible for a refund (unless CIG decides on their own merit) for those reasons. But sure - change the narrative.

I didn't say you said he didn't deserve a refund due to his disability, I said you and others got all smarmy about how "poor" he was and how he should have been more responsible with his money to mock him. His disability was an entirely justified reason to seek a refund when a promised feature got pulled and you and others mocked him and called him "childish" and denigrated him. You absolutely went out of your way to use the most chiding language you could and surprise surprise, it's the same playbook all these other shitheads have used to mock some other dude who likewise is no longer able to play due to a developing disability.

This kind of poo poo that just reeks of that sort of smarmy bottom-scraping kind of attitude where you have to reduce another person to a childlike state or a lower social class in order to defend a lovely videogame scam.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Did you get nervous when you blew three years' worth of allowance on online goods that weren't delivered to you right away?

That's not the only one you did either, if you'd like me to "change the narrative" some more.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

ManofManyAliases posted:

You guys can poo poo on my all you want, but I didn't say that Streetroller didn't deserve a refund because of his disability. My counter argument to him revolved around playability/completion of the game, and why (after accepting several iterations of the ToS) he is largely ineligible for a refund (unless CIG decides on their own merit) for those reasons. But sure - change the narrative.

"Well I didn't technically say... " :words:

Nah man you said twat things. Beating around the bush doesn't help that you behaved like a oval office. Might as well admit it and stand by what you wrote or apologize but going all "well accschually" just looks real weak man.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Dementropy posted:

That's a very polite way of saying, "Fundraising clip-a-thons at Port Olisar and possibly a chance to bid on CR's Orgone/Prana/Argon/whatever-enriched blood."

Maybe even a space reliquary of his hair.

Buying Chris Roberts' blood would be a service to mankind because we haven't determined if this level of failure can be transmitted via transfusion. I mean people are practically willing the man to make their dreams come true with money and time and exposure being thrown his way and somehow in spite of all of this and all the money what we have is the jankiest tech demo at about 1% or so of what was promised. Imagine what would happen if someone weaponised this level of failure. You could bring down entire countries FROM THE INSIDE.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol no mans sky went from universally hated to having a bunch of people flaming ign because they gave next a 7/10.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Buying Chris Roberts' blood would be a service to mankind because we haven't determined if this level of failure can be transmitted via transfusion.
We know it can be transmitted via jpegs though.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Buying Chris Roberts' blood would be a service to mankind because we haven't determined if this level of failure can be transmitted via transfusion. I mean people are practically willing the man to make their dreams come true with money and time and exposure being thrown his way and somehow in spite of all of this and all the money what we have is the jankiest tech demo at about 1% or so of what was promised. Imagine what would happen if someone weaponised this level of failure. You could bring down entire countries FROM THE INSIDE.

Please let’s not talk about current politics.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lol no mans sky went from universally hated to having a bunch of people flaming ign because they gave next a 7/10.

Patches since November 2016:

Star Citizen: 2.6, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2.

No Man's Sky: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5(NEXT).

Turns out the loving Jesus patch is real, sort of if you consider a series of 4 patches over a year and a half a Jesus patch. Which just show how inept CIG are when they have not come anywhere close to what Hello Games have done.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hello Games is also like 7 people working in a shack.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Hello Games is also like 7 people working in a shack.

A shack that probably receives about 20 death threats a day. Maybe less now.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Guys I may be drunk, but I am not drunk enough to buy back into Star Citizen.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Lladre posted:

Guys I may be drunk, but I am not drunk enough to buy back into Star Citizen.

You should not have refunded in the first place. That's all you have now, guilt and envy.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

A shack that probably receives about 20 death threats a day. Maybe less now.
God hated Hello Games so much he took time off of punishing gay people just to flood Guildford.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Citizens, that bad taste in your mouth, that's Chris Roberts.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Loxbourne posted:

He bought into the "The Escapist piece was a hit smear" line, which lowered my opinion of him considerably and makes me wonder which further backer canards he might buy into if he follows this up. It's an excellent sign that people like this are feeling able to call SC out in public without fearing the mob any longer, but it's also an unpleasant reminder that the cult still has a lot of narrative control.

EDIT: Also, you won't see Beer's stuff linked because Beer is still Cult Satan and that guy was falling over backwards to disassociate himself from Derek Smart.

That was the part that didn't make sense to me but he probably won't respond to callouts, it's the most work he's done on a video and he enjoys controversy too much.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.
The gyrations of one Skormfuse on the https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/93fxyj/psa_the_uec_hardcap_removal_was_intentional/ Reddit thread are worth a look. He has taken not understanding game development to a whole new level, beyond imagination. He cannot imagine implementing an economy in a game, and has substituted random blatherings, as though they could be implemented. It is magnificent, in its way.

A sample:

Skormfuse Of Reddit posted:

The economy is player influence but on a grand scheme effects nothing, this also doesn't mean people with money money effect more.

always remember that their is a god called the simulation intended to control everything and even things players can influence it can control how much you can influence it.

your rich you try influencing the economy the game counters your influence with magic until you have a equal influence to a new player in a aurora.

CIG has said all together we can effect about 10%, but that doesn't mean richer people will have more control of that 10%

That is only a sample. There are many, many other posts on that thread worth your time if you like looking at gamecrafting that makes CIG look competent.

e: At one point, an apparently-competent person in the game development world engages with this stuff, many times, to his great frustration.

:reddit: posted:

I've deleted and restarted different replies like four times because I honestly don't even know where to start with how inane and illogical this is.

Grubby Hobo fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 1, 2018

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's clear that English is not his or her first language, but even allowing for that this must still read like word salad in the native tongue. :stare:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Star Citizen: the game counters your influence with magic

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

tooterfish posted:

Star Citizen: the game counters your influence with magic

That's not how you spell fidelity.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Grubby Hobo posted:

The gyrations of one Skormfuse on the https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/93fxyj/psa_the_uec_hardcap_removal_was_intentional/ Reddit thread are worth a look. He has taken not understanding game development to a whole new level, beyond imagination. He cannot imagine implementing an economy in a game, and has substituted random blatherings, as though they could be implemented. It is magnificent, in its way.

A sample:

That is only a sample. There are many, many other posts on that thread worth your time if you like looking at gamecrafting that makes CIG look competent.

e: At one point, an apparently-competent person in the game development world engages with this stuff, many times, to his great frustration.

Store Citizer: doesn't mean people with money money effect more

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: Citizen 404 - Removal of Purchasable UEC Hardcap in Star Citizen

Montoya posted:

Whats this? You making videos now?!? Good points, Im still reading the subreddit and catching up on this.

Citizen 404 posted:

The argument regarding "pay-to-win" is definitely worth looking into for sure, but in the overall scheme of Star Citizen I don't believe it will have that much of an impact.

Montoya’s Youtube Channel by tomorrow morning posted:

“Another day, another heaping helping scoop of Star Citizen Drama. Hello, I am Montoya, I run the world’s largest Star Citizen player org. But today, I am not just the head of Test Squadron Best Squadron, I am armed to do battle with the drama queens and hater boys making so much drama over nothing... I mean (flexes biceps) look at these guns.

(Quick cut. Roll titles.)

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1023705108691873793

Game development going so smoothly that we will have a game of D&D.

Late to the party but,

MOMA, is that you?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Citizen 404 is Montoya's second in command, if I remember correctly. Don't ask me why I know that, but I do.

Also, we're steam friends apparently.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, you got :owned: that will teach you not to show them a video of their CEO talking about their game.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Baxta posted:

Maybe something like https://ww3.inflowinventory.com/ or maybe configure a project management tool like https://www.pivotaltracker.com/

Alternatively hire someone like me to build something bespoke for loads of money.

I actually use inflow for my inventory. Its been good to us. Looks like we will explore Kanban as our spreadsheets are basically like this but everything is manually filled in. Which is terrible.

TheSickeningTruth
Jul 22, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, but she is an astronaut and poo poo...

Yeah, she's going to dive into star citizen and start buying jpegs, that's the official cult lore.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
r/starcitizen: 3.3.0 to 3.6.0 Progress Watch - Update 2018-07-27

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

TheSickeningTruth posted:

Yeah, she's going to dive into star citizen and start buying jpegs, that's the official cult lore.

why would an astronaut give the slightest rats rear end about a space videogame?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
It just dawned on me that the cultists might actually believe their internet crusade will benefit the development of scam citizen in some actual, tangible way. It seems no one has told them that goons and cultist alike have precisely gently caress all influence over the final fate of star citizen. That is 1000% up to bearmanthumb and his band of merry misfits. Montoya preparing to "do battle" over the internet and defend star citizen's honor, as if she were a maiden in distress and he's the knight in shining armor, will not move the needle on the progress meter. No matter how many reddit subs get brigaded or photoshopped wildlife images spew forth from the goatse end of the gayest dead comedy forum, crobberts controls his own destiny. He's got all the money and no oversight. Nothing can compromise his vision other than himself. If Star Citizen turns out poo poo, it's because Roberts' vision is poo poo.

TheSickeningTruth
Jul 22, 2018

Malachite_Dragon posted:

why would an astronaut give the slightest rats rear end about a space videogame?

Let's look at it from the cultist point of view: Why would she not dedicate her life to SC like they do? That's the only sane and acceptable behaviour.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

There's so many loving goons but lowtax is still poor. Something's not adding up.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

E: No, nevermind.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
They are such a happy and helpful community. I don't get why people say they're overly negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

im laughing at these people saying players starting with a huge market advantage over others will be a drop in the bucket and wont make a difference. EVE has probably the most complex market you can get. they even have a goddamn economist on staff to keep it from getting completely hosed. npcs are a big part of it too, but guess what? players can still manipulate the entire thing if they've got enough money. you know what happened with EVE though? a GM spawned multiple blue prints for a certain alliance that allowed them to completely dominate all other players living in nullsec space for years before the lid got blown off the scam. they had a huge advantage in the market. since then CCP has enforced hard nosed rules regarding GMs dealings with players and established a group of players elected yearly by the other players they fly to iceland and voice their concerns.