Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Oh yeah thats the good stuff

The music video is even a low budget ripoff of it

Beyonce has the fancy car

Alestorm has those 3 wheeled shitboxes

Its glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I enjoy this way more than any actual Alestorm song

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

The 311 Lifestyle posted:

migration fest was dope until i sprained my ankle and missed all of sunday
sucks you missed Thou finally help us break the rules and start a pit

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
im glad there was finally some action even if i was missing

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This band is cool, unlike alestorm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuPvf4H7bRM

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I don't think "Cooler than Alestorm" is a hard bar to clear

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
here's also something that rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUEbi9R4ps

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

stab posted:

The singer just killed the evil sorcerer keyboardist with a giant hammer

And now a princess has crowned the cyber guitarist as a king while the goblin looks on

I am going to see Gloryhammer/Alestorm in September, and while I could give a poo poo about Alestorm I am beyond psyched to see Gloryhammer.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

quote:

Hail

I am stupid excited knowing that there's new albums from Nile, Behemoth and Soreption coming.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Alestorm is not particularly good but they are quite entertaining, there's my scorching hot take

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

They seem like nice guys, at the very least.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

They're at least good enough to routinely piss off the metal thread.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What's the other pirate metal band called again?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What's the other pirate metal band called again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icbo6qT3b0k

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Nordick posted:

"Napalm Satan" is one of my favourite song titles of all time.

Song itself rules too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi3f4h6DF6s

wow, this is great!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

So apparently Nergal from Behemoth and Niklas Kvarforth from Shining are teaming up to make a movie. Here's a quote from the website:

"The Curse of Valburga is a politically incorrect black comedy feature film with an abundance of violence and blood. Inspired by the horror/slasher films of the late 70s and 80s, The Curse of Valburga aims to stay true to the horror genre of the time, providing its viewers not only with shock and tension, but also fun and entertainment.
This is a movie from horror fans for horror fans. This is The Curse of Valburga"

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Sodomy Hussein posted:

They're at least good enough to routinely piss off the metal thread.

Isnt the whole point of music is to enjoy it and have a good time? Did i like miss a memo or something

And this is coming from a guy who's likes are solidly in the thrash/speed metal sphere

Whats with the hate thread i thought we only hated Ghost and loved Bolt Thrower

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kvlt! posted:

politically incorrect black comedy

:rolleyes:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Its gonna be an absolute dumpster fire and most likely an incredibly tasteless, offensive dumpsterfire

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

So apparently Nergal from Behemoth and Niklas Kvarforth from Shining are teaming up to make a movie. Here's a quote from the website:

"The Curse of Valburga is a politically incorrect black comedy feature film with an abundance of violence and blood. Inspired by the horror/slasher films of the late 70s and 80s, The Curse of Valburga aims to stay true to the horror genre of the time, providing its viewers not only with shock and tension, but also fun and entertainment.
This is a movie from horror fans for horror fans. This is The Curse of Valburga"

Can't wait for two of black metal's lamest superstars to make a terrible film

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

no thank you

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kvlt! posted:

this sounds like the worst poo poo imaginable

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If the biggest selling point of your project is "it's gonna be offensive" it is 100% guaranteed to fail.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it's gonna be a rob zombie movie but worse

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl2hBEOhkro/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I see potential

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Varg posted:

sucks you missed Thou finally help us break the rules and start a pit

Bryan Funck is a jokemaster and it took his breaking the ice to finally get everyone relaxed.

Straight up, that was I think the sixth time I've seen Thou and they never disappoint. I like the expanded lineup, too. Not sure if KC Stafford is a permanent member now or was just there for that show.

The whole thing was great. Seeing Mizmor do Yodh was a highpoint, to be sure.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Nergal, the black metal Vince Offer,

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kvlt! posted:

Anytime I see politically correct as a plus point I roll my eyes into oblivion but the rest sounds cool. Nergal is great at aesthetics and atmosphere and all that. As long as it’s not 100% banking on being ~offensive~ I’m down.

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
Album of the year?

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/abiogenesis

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kvlt! posted:

Lol Nergal is a giant moron and anyone who thinks he's intelligent is an even bigger moron.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nergal owns and so does this ridiculous video I hadn’t seen until recently

The Satanist is a great album. I like it more every time I revisit it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kilometers Davis posted:

The Satanist is a great album. I like it more every time I revisit it.

Same. "O Father O Satan O Sun!" will always be one of my favorite songs, even if it does sound like a black metal band ripping off "Kashmir".

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

COOL CORN posted:

Same. "O Father, O Satan, O Sun" will always be one of my favorite songs, even if it does sound like a black metal band ripping off "Kashmir".

Haha I don’t think I’ve noticed that. Nice.

tbh I think it’s my favorite Behemoth album. It’s baffling that Nergal is getting better after so many years. The only Behemoth I dislike is the real early stuff and I haven’t listened to it in forever.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I like Behemoth as a live act. Their albums bore me shitless with the exception of a few tunes

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Hold the loving phone, Som Pluijmers (formerly of Cerebral Bore) is a woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG46oJBGhNg

:black101:

This is an 18-year-old lady on vocals.

I guess you just assume the people doing gurgly toilet vocals are mostly dudes.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Kvlt! posted:

So apparently Nergal from Behemoth and Niklas Kvarforth from Shining are teaming up to make a movie.

I wonder if this will also have Niklas rolling around in his candle lit dirty bath tub playing with butt plugs. I can't unsee that.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

On that Cerebral Bore album, I think that there are a ton of effects on Som's vocals. She sounds much better during her guest spot on Vulvodynia's Castration Mutilation.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Kilometers Davis posted:

As long as it’s not 100% banking on being ~offensive~ I’m down.

I can't be bothered to look it up but isn't that guy from Shining a notorious "haha I made you mad by saying reprehensible stuff" shithead?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

the yeti posted:

I can't be bothered to look it up but isn't that guy from Shining a notorious "haha I made you mad by saying reprehensible stuff" shithead?

He likes to brag that his music has caused people to commit suicide, which is definitely not made up. And they went on a tour with Revenge that had some dumb anti-SJW name and got canceled halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
“Unsafe Space” iirc. The Portland venue canned them after the Shining guy got super drunk before the previous show, groped a bunch of women, and threw Nazi salutes during the show. Good poo poo.