Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CoffeeBooze posted:

Has Alexander DeLarge given that one the kiss of death yet?

He was the thread OP lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmfao at the first twenty pages of this thread, I didn't know a goon city got unironically built and stuff

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
we tried to tell them

obviously we were all just trolling them by telling them to stop giving Richard n Co money

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

alexander makes a thread and peaces out while the rest of you keep running this poo poo into the ground for years

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean for the love of gently caress guys, I've been harping on this disaster for over 2 years

TheAgent posted:

btw lum are the rumors true that you guys are essentially going on maintenance mode and that the vast majority of content will be delayed indefinitely as you continue to sell cash shop items? just asking as a low tier backer waiting for gold release

TheAgent posted:

who could've guessed at any of this???

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • almost none of the stretch goals listed in the kickstarter will be implemented
  • release will be a total MVP to drudge up sales around oct/nov this year
  • free weekends brought almost no new players into the game
  • staff will be cut following release, including some high profile people
  • patches will add additional cash shop items but less and less gameplay
  • story and promised single player content will be pushed to TBA
  • heavily focused on the MMO portion
  • players who have spent over $1,000 consist of 99% of ongoing sales
  • peak players for Feb 2017 averaged less than 160
  • monthly income cannot cover expenditures
  • big name CEO is using own funds to cover the losses
shroud of the avatar
Stop giving these people, like Richard and Brad and Chris your goddamn money. Seriously. Stop.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Why didnt you all just listen to this guy. drat...if only

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

I mean for the love of gently caress guys, I've been harping on this disaster for over 2 years

Stop giving these people, like Richard and Brad and Chris your goddamn money. Seriously. Stop.

Pantheons early life was some amazing poo poo. I wish somebody had a timeline of events with the Kickstarter failing and the Christian game devs being hired and all that

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

lmfao at the first twenty pages of this thread, I didn't know a goon city got unironically built and stuff

It would be accurate to say that those goons (myself included) picked a developer built city to settle in, put down our multi hundred dollar houses then collectively realized we all had terrible decision making capabilities.

It is what it is. Attempting to make excuses would only make it worse and frankly it's simply the result of being stupid. At least its not something you do twice in life.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Aug 1, 2018

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every developer and whale comes in with everything for a HUGE party*

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

It would be accurate to say that those goons (myself included) picked a developer built city to settle in, put down our multi hundred dollar houses then collectively realized we all had terrible decision making capabilities.

It is what it is. Attempting to make excuses would only make it worse and frankly it's simply the result of being stupid. At least its not something you do twice in life.
oh no, you should deffo try and make some excuses for the following, especially since you were one of the loudest people shouting down any negative posts or press about the game

DancingShade posted:

If you were born after the 90s this isn't the game for you.

Mind you if you never experienced the joys of 16 color EGA gaming then you never lived.

DancingShade posted:

I've been playing this since release #1 and enjoy it thoroughly. Needs to be emphasised that it is not remotely finished and development is both active and ongoing. Unlike a lot of other "early access" games that are just scams (pick any fifty on Steam) that actually means something here and it's a proper example of it in action.

However if you are planning on going into this blind expecting some kind of WoW clone, boy did you choose the wrong game.

You're going to have a pretty bad time if you never played a game before everything had a quest marker and reading was required.

DancingShade posted:

Yes to the land thing. Ancestor and up for a tax free deed ($275 for a row lot). Opportunity to buy those expires for good in about a week or so too.

DancingShade posted:

$275 gets you an ancestor pledge & a row lot. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35139

In 11 days all remaining pledge tiers will expire forever and then anyone who wants land will need to buy a bundle that contains a player own town (POT) only tax free deed https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538
Same price of entry essentially but the bundles won't expire at this time. Important distinction is you can only place one of these POT deeds in a town actually owned by a player who paid significant real money for the privilege, so you'll need to make friends and find one you trust.

DancingShade posted:

You were expecting it to be complete after only 2 years? :v:

Come back in another 2 or 3.
and finally

DancingShade posted:

Jesus Christ the number of people on the official forums crying because a partially finished game is partially finished :psyduck:

Pretty sure it's a minority but they sure do cry a lot.
no idea if you were a dev+ account or an RMT kinda guy, but holy poo poo dude, c'mon

at least try and explain to us why you thought spending thousands on this game and trying to get others to do the same was a good idea

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also how much are in you for in star citizen at this point

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How long before early access is officially recognized as a religion?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

How long before early access is officially recognized as a religion?

it already is, its called Liberalism

TheAgent posted:

oh no, you should deffo try and make some excuses for the following, especially since you were one of the loudest people shouting down any negative posts or press about the game

and finally

no idea if you were a dev+ account or an RMT kinda guy, but holy poo poo dude, c'mon

at least try and explain to us why you thought spending thousands on this game and trying to get others to do the same was a good idea

:laffo:

also they're apparently shipping physical rewards now, after a series of delays which included not being able to fit boxes on pallets

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

Pantheons early life was some amazing poo poo. I wish somebody had a timeline of events with the Kickstarter failing and the Christian game devs being hired and all that
the new and improved thread here doesn't want to see any of that

I did enjoy how brad immediately threw all those christian peeps of his under the loving bus the second he secured more funding

http://www.visionsgame.com/

wells got into a bit of trouble for some very, very bad posts in regards to the LGBT community and some insane loving rambling such as

quote:

There is hope [for fixing homosexuality]. And there is training available for those who want to offer that hope. And for the families of those who are effected by the choices of their loved ones. Look for conferences like this one.

quote:

Yet ANOTHER hospital kidnapping children for profit. They falsely accuse parents of medical neglect so that they can perform experiments on the children without parental consent to make millions from the pharmaceutical companies that want to run drug trials on them.

Lord Jesus, come quickly! The sorrow of this world is growing too great to bear!

also brad got run outta here after his "just give me more money" ama went to poo poo and people found out that

quote:

[Brad McQuaid] is, and was, a hardcore Christian fundamentalist with a severe drug problem, bad spending habits, and a total right wing "kill all dem human being Democrats" attitude.

also:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=207941

unfortunately a lot of the drama with direct links to it (including the hilarious concept art they had flowing around, the yeti was choice) was on the rerolled forums, which is now dead :(

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and goddammit Node

Node posted:

Wow he really went nuts with the stretch goals.

Just going with Brad's name alone I'd rather play this than EQN.
that was from loving 2014 lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Wow I thought he was just a nerd who liked to sniff oxy and the Amalur guy was the only right wing lunatic MMO developer/character of note in the scammy kickstarter world. That makes me considerably less likely to give Pantheon a chance

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I regret nothing!!!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and before someone is all "this is the shroud of the avatar thread, what does pantheon have to do with shroud" here ya go

ZAM Online posted:

SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Jan. 31, 2014 - Visionary Realms, Inc. is proud to announce today its collaboration efforts with Portalarium, the development studio of Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar. As an opening endeavor both Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and Shroud of the Avatar will offer a cross-game reward for those who back both projects. The pledge reward will provide these backers with a cross-game cloak that can be worn in either game to promote a growing community. Pantheon will feature the Shroud of the Avatar symbol (Lord British' Coat of Arms) emblazoned on a cloak in their game, while Shroud of the Avatar will have a cloak bearing the Pantheon symbol.

"The opportunity to work with Portalarium is extremely exciting, not just in terms of what we can do together with our games, but also on a very personal level," said Brad McQuaid, Chief Creative Officer of Visionary Realms, Inc. "Lord British has been a hero of mine since I was a teen, and ultimately was responsible for inspiring me into the video game industry. Lord British and Portalarium continue to be an inspiration with 'Shroud of the Avatar.' It's a perfect example of how the core elements of games from years past can continue to influence and innovate in today's industry."

Richard 'Lord British' Garriott, Portalarium's Co-Founder and CEO, added: "There is no doubt that Brad McQuaid led EverQuest to become the standard bearer against which all other MMOs would be compared, and most have been patterned. Just as I hope fans are excited about the return of the King of Britannia in Shroud of the Avatar, I have no doubt that Brad McQuaid will lead Pantheon to fulfill and expand the vision he began in the earliest days of the MMO era, and grow it into the future. I for one, look forward to what I will again learn from his leadership in gaming."

McQuaid continued to say that "the evolution of how MMOs are made is happening right now. We're getting back to having the gaming community deeply involved in how the games are not only funded, but designed. A collaboration like this one only makes sense to further strengthen that growing community that involves not just the players and backers, but the developers as well."

The cross-promotion pledge tiers for both games are being added to the list of available awards starting today and can be picked up at Pantheon's Kickstarter, and Shroud of the Avatar's website.
http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=33758&storypage=2

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

there's no way I could grab everything, but here was some comedy highlights

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I HAVE AN ACTIVE AND REAL SOCIAL LIFE, MOM, TELL PAUL TO LEAVE ME ALONE HE'S JUST MY STEP DAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btpfNw4qP6M

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TheAgent posted:

and finally

PEOPLE SPENT MONEY ON SOMETHING THEY MIGHT LIKE BUT I TOLD THEM NOT TO. LOOK AT HOW RIGHT I WAS. LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME. I WAS RIGHT. I WAS RIGHT. GIVE ME VALIDATION. DAMNIT. I SEEK YOUR VALIDATION.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
making fun of people who made dumb decisions online is at least half the point of this website

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh come on now, you can't possibly defend people who spent a lot of money on this stupid rear end game. The writing on the wall was there from the start that Shroud of the Avatar was going to be a poo poo show.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

PEOPLE SPENT MONEY ON SOMETHING THEY MIGHT LIKE BUT I TOLD THEM NOT TO. LOOK AT HOW RIGHT I WAS. LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME. I WAS RIGHT. I WAS RIGHT. GIVE ME VALIDATION. DAMNIT. I SEEK YOUR VALIDATION.
its okay

richard can't hurt you anymore

you're safe

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Relax Or DIE posted:

making fun of people who made dumb decisions online is at least half the point of this website

I literally found out about something awful because I was told I was being made fun of here.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Ironically enough encouraging people to make dumb decisions online is probably the other half of the point. Its like the first half fuels the second half.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Relax Or DIE posted:

Go on...

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

jabro posted:

People spent money on the promise of something, then spent lots of time shouting down anyone who questioned (politely or not) if that was really a good idea, and then spent lots of time trying to get other people to spend money on said promise.

They all deserve to be made fun of.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

jabro posted:

Go on...

I preordered Wildstar

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Only allowed to make fun of a group of people who thinks different than us and not just someone generally. Will remember for next time.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

look at all these pathetic goons who got neither the Shooter Special Cowboy Emote or the release 53 Automated Steam Cylinder Robot 2R-2D and are complaining cus of it :smuggo:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

Only allowed to make fun of a group of people who thinks different than us and not just someone generally. Will remember for next time.
I am p dumb and people call me out on it all the time

when I buy a vial of a game developers blood or a cloth map that appears to be drawn by a 3rd grader for $7,000, you can join in with everyone else and completely eviscerate me

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

I regret nothing!!!
I am still waiting for Hero's Journey. Simutronics-san, I'll never abandon youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

(I also ran up a near $700 bill playing Gemstone 3 back in the Prodigy/AOL days)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Holy poo poo. This is getting dumb. You can make fun of people all you want but when you start going look at how right I was, no one listened but look how right I am then you become part of the joke.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

Holy poo poo. This is getting dumb. You can make fun of people all you want but when you start going look at how right I was, no one listened but look how right I am then you become part of the joke.
what

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jabro posted:

no

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

the new and improved thread here doesn't want to see any of that

I did enjoy how brad immediately threw all those christian peeps of his under the loving bus the second he secured more funding

http://www.visionsgame.com/

wells got into a bit of trouble for some very, very bad posts in regards to the LGBT community and some insane loving rambling such as

also brad got run outta here after his "just give me more money" ama went to poo poo and people found out that

also:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=207941

unfortunately a lot of the drama with direct links to it (including the hilarious concept art they had flowing around, the yeti was choice) was on the rerolled forums, which is now dead :(

:piss: thanks for the recap.

I don't like this strange new world of people taking Pantheon seriously, but people can't help themselves but go all in on the next poo poo rear end MMO that will finally be the good one.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

TheAgent posted:

I am still waiting for Hero's Journey. Simutronics-san, I'll never abandon youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

(I also ran up a near $700 bill playing Gemstone 3 back in the Prodigy/AOL days)

Oh man, I cost my mom so much money for all the hours I played Dragonrealms over AOL. I should probably pay her back.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

lol Heroes Journey. they had a volunteer level designer thing for that game that I submitted a test map for and got an invite. I then did no work and attended no meetings while ignoring emails and then got kicked out after a few months. Good times man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
man is that giuliani in there? drat he lost a lot of hair