Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

ABC broadcast the semi-finals to their Championship this past Sunday afternoon.

They had Disney XD and ESPN2 broadcasts for some of the finals games too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

santanotreal posted:

Jet pack in a mode where you only have explosives makes less than 0 sense

Well in theory you maybe able to fly above the splash damage? :eng101:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You a cop if you enjoy PUBG over Fortnite.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

That’s the point. If you don’t have a jet pack, you automatically lose to anyone with a jet pack unless they suck.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yeah, so far my games in Fly Explosives have involved a lot of people flying around trying to land hits when people touch down to recharge their packs or throwing stickies in mid-air at people.

It's been a blast :v: and around 1/3 of my kills have been dumbasses forgetting that the jetpack needs to recharge and falling to their deaths or doing it out of spite to deny me or my squad getting credit for the kill.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

They had Disney XD and ESPN2 broadcasts for some of the finals games too.

True. However, they've had going on three years to have a lifeguard/Olympic diver Roadhog in a speedo skin and haven't produced so the game's still irredeemable poo poo in my opinion.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

You a cop if you enjoy PUBG over Fortnite.

Well PUBG runs better these days. Not that I play it anymore, but at least they got that going for them. Which is impressive, seeing as it ran like dog poo poo at first. Kinda funny how Fortnite did the opposite, from super smooth to a slow piece of poo poo in PvE. And I haven't heard a lot of good stories about optimization for BR either.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Kind of proud of my progress just now. I've been playing for less than...a fortnight , and I'm winning proper fights now and have done most of the available challenges. I cleared one weekly and have one left on each of two others (1 grenade kill and 3 kills in Haunted Hills)

Just now I got 2 kills and made top 10 after initially deciding to see if you can glide back to the island where you wait for the match to begin (I was not surprised to find you can't) got a couple of nice guns in the toilet factory, took a nice SMG from my first victim, and remember to switch to it fast enough killing the second to get one of my dailys done.

Still can't do the quick towers though, that will probably block me from getting an umbrella for a while.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

True. However, they've had going on three years to have a lifeguard/Olympic diver Roadhog in a speedo skin and haven't produced so the game's still irredeemable poo poo in my opinion.

His chain is the worst thing to ever happen to shooters after the knife in cod4

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seditiar posted:

Well PUBG runs better these days. Not that I play it anymore, but at least they got that going for them. Which is impressive, seeing as it ran like dog poo poo at first. Kinda funny how Fortnite did the opposite, from super smooth to a slow piece of poo poo in PvE. And I haven't heard a lot of good stories about optimization for BR either.

Optimisation in BR is better than ever, what are you talking about.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Optimisation in BR is better than ever, what are you talking about.

PvE has some stuff that makes it chug, most notably when someone drops in or out. I think Seditiar primarily plays that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

PvE has some stuff that makes it chug, most notably when someone drops in or out. I think Seditiar primarily plays that.

He mentions battle royale explicitly in last sentence, I address only that.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

He mentions battle royale explicitly in last sentence, I address only that.

I don't often play it, but I hear people whining about it here and there. Hence the not a lot of good stories part. I don't think I've dropped below 140 FPS in BR the last time I played it (several games like 3 days ago), which is nice, but it was stuck on 165 2 months ago so :shrug:

Still beats PvE with sometimes dropping to 70 FPS in a fight though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I used to average 190 not so long ago, now it’s around 220-230.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I used to average 190 not so long ago, now it’s around 220-230.

No clue what the other people were on about then. PvE's performance is definitely a lot worse than before, though. But that's (mostly) due to added features that require a ton of processing power.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seditiar posted:

No clue what the other people were on about then. PvE's performance is definitely a lot worse than before, though. But that's (mostly) due to added features that require a ton of processing power.

With PvE I can definitely imagine, I picked it up myself during the recent discount and the differences are noticeable as is.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

So bush is loving funny with a jetpack.

I found a bush and flew on top of a tree, and then I just bounced between trees for the rest of the match in plain sight as a flying bush, occasionally dropping grenades on people's heads. It was down to me and one other person, and I couldn't find them until another bush flew into view and we had a flying bush-off. I would have won but I fatfingered while flying and splatted on the ground.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

a flying bush-off

I want this to be my new username, mods? TIA.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I gotta say. Trying to get those Flush chests is the first time this game has felt like tedium. Either fight enemies or fight your own team for them. They could have at least only made it 3 or 4 you have to get.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Just wait like 4 days or play 50v50.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Guided ticket would be really nice if it didn't take ~2 seconds for it to actually loving fire.

It ruined an excellent behind-enemy-lines op I was trying yesterday :argh:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Between actual challenges and dailies I've been tasked with sniper rifle kills/damage 4 times this season and it's such a loving nightmare every time

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

HebrewMagic posted:

Between actual challenges and dailies I've been tasked with sniper rifle kills/damage 4 times this season and it's such a loving nightmare every time

You can inspect challenges and then replace it with another random one, but only once a day.
I usually do that with the sniper ones. Last time it gave me a pistol challenge instead.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nullsmack posted:

You can inspect challenges and then replace it with another random one, but only once a day.

Fuckin A, I did not know this!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Use it with caution. You have a 90% chance of replacing any horrible daily with pistol eliminations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

Use it with caution. You have a 90% chance of replacing any horrible daily with pistol eliminations.

I actually had that last night and honestly don't know how I completed it :confuoot:

Also, did anybody else's build structures challenge just... complete itself? I played 3 games of 50v50 and the challenge progress time would just randomly pop up without random additions until it completed itself.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Apparently it's counting teammates building as well.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah I popped into a 50v50 and it did itself in a minute.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

I actually had that last night and honestly don't know how I completed it :confuoot:

Also, did anybody else's build structures challenge just... complete itself? I played 3 games of 50v50 and the challenge progress time would just randomly pop up without random additions until it completed itself.
I dropped dusty last night and got a deagle immediately. Was able to waste 3 people with it letting me finish dusty and pistol eliminationss for the week in the first game. Got to top 40 with 6 kills (by far my most kills at that point in the game). Then I got killed by the most potato player while fighting someone else. It was brutal.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fritzler posted:

I dropped dusty last night and got a deagle immediately. Was able to waste 3 people with it letting me finish dusty and pistol eliminationss for the week in the first game. Got to top 40 with 6 kills (by far my most kills at that point in the game). Then I got killed by the most potato player while fighting someone else. It was brutal.

It's always the backstabbing potatoes.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yup, it is! When I got in top 10 in solo awhile ago it was cause I engaged with somebody who did me a bit of damage, killed them, started to heal up then had someone try to come in and clean me up.

I blew them the gently caress up with 10 grenades, not before taking some damage, and as soon as I killed them someone just popped out from behind a tree behind me and started raining minigun hell on me and I just couldn't rally :sigh:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm the potato hiding behind a tree and shooting you in the back.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I accidentally queued into a squad fills instead of the flying explosive squads, and won despite my two other teammates dying immediately. I somehow lucked out at the end because one dude in a squad of three got knocked from fall damage and a teammate started rezzing out in the open, allowing for me to pick him off and 1v1 their last dude. I'm going to stick with solos from now on, though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nullsmack posted:

Apparently it's counting teammates building as well.

Ah, I was wondering why all of a sudden I got 100 buildings done in the middle of a firefight. I wasn't going to question it of course...

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

codo27 posted:

I gotta say. Trying to get those Flush chests is the first time this game has felt like tedium. Either fight enemies or fight your own team for them. They could have at least only made it 3 or 4 you have to get.

Getting 7 chests in 55 days

‘Tedious’

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Help me figure out WTF happened here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMp2zmYNnhw

Is there a suicide button I was unaware of?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DarkDobe posted:

Help me figure out WTF happened here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMp2zmYNnhw

Is there a suicide button I was unaware of?

You got killed by a trap.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You got killed by a trap.

Oh poo poo so I did.
Guess that ties into post-death kills giving no credit?
Somewhat annoying but makes sense.

Did not expect a trap :P
Deserved it.

Just would be nice if it didn't claim 'suicide' as a cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Whomever placed it was probably eliminated and had left the game already.