Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Thank you

quote:

Welcome back anti-hero. It’s been too long. I like Jason Todd. I like his story. Someone who has gone through what he has would probably have no compunctions with killing. I hope he kills a lot of bad guys. Maybe even some bigger names. Artemis and he should be able to do some real damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
how exhausting is it to maintain 400 accounts

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

At least he's no longer wearing the bat logo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wish we got Red-Nightwing-Deathstroke

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I legit admire that D_T goes all in for Jason, I wish I had the jutzpah to be 100% for my favorite characters like that, especially in a space that's pretty antipathetic towards that character (and honestly Jason Todd does nothing for me and has usually been saddled with creative teams I don't like). I remember wanting to post something snitty about how poorly Taskmaster was written in this one Squirrel Girl issue a few years ago but talking myself out of it, but like, we're all comic book dweebs, who cares about decorum. So you know what, I'll say it loud and proud-- Ryan North doesn't get the extremely simple basic concept of Taskmaster and neither does Joe Kelley.

(Also I think a red hoodie and a domino mask would be a fine, simple look for Todd, but the face in this new design is way too busy-- he's got the bandana and this kind of tacky looking cyber-mask,and the hoodie, it's just too much. If he's the black sheep of the Batman family, imo he should look like he's without Batman's resources and not have all these custom straps and high-tech eyepieces-- some of the sleek, street-fashion inspired designs from We Are Robin a few years ago might be where I'd start if I were, for whatever godforsaken reason, in charge of designing him.)

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wish we got Red-Nightwing-Deathstroke

The tire iron is a funny callback. The crowbar is dumb. I mean, they’re both dumb, but one is so specific to his stealing a wheel that it’s silly.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't believe it's Wednesday and instead of new comics everyone is trying to dunk on someone who clearly doesn't give a poo poo about being dunked on

Here, I'll go first: Dan Jurgens' Green Lanterns run is real bad and I don't like it! Kind of bummed the book is going to be ending with this dumb plot where nobody is talking to each other to circumvent their evil misinformation rings.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm enjoying Batman's 12 Angry Men arc, but this issue was really just going over points we got in the first one. I bet if you lifted it out of the storyline, it'd read fine.

I don't wanna get to the end of Shade yet :/

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Jason Todd may be shittier than ever but thank Christ someone vetoed that bloody bat on the chest look.

Also reading the notes about his emblem being his mask makes me think Frank Castle needs to start filing for copyright infringement.

edit: the ideal Red Hood redesign is to just go back to classic Red Hood. Have Jason Todd go around doing his Punisher-lite thing with a tuxedo and red cape on.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 1, 2018

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Um...holy poo poo why didn't anyone tell me that Hellblazer was so good? :aaa: Go ahead and put Constantine in everything.

Also, the latest Justice League was so good. Just Luthor and his machinations while retaking his rightful place as The Final Boss. Maybe it's because I grew up with the Super Friends, but this poo poo 'here' is gonna be a fantastic run.

lol at Jason Todd. If he stayed dead or remained a boss character they only brought out occasionally when it's time to wank over history, maybe he'd have a bit of dignity still. And what an awful costume.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 1, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

TwoPair posted:

Also reading the notes about his emblem being his mask makes me think Frank Castle needs to start filing for copyright infringement.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How have people been enjoying Mister Miracle? I really liked the issue that came out today, especially the part where Scott overshares to the party store cashier.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Loving it. Can’t wait to read today’s issue.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Captain Marvel Monster Society collection has been cancelled.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08/01/dc-comics-cancels-shazam-the-monster-society-of-evil-hardcover-over-racist-concerns/

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I understand why but it kinda sucks none the less. I thought including context about the content was more useful than just pretending it doesn't exist.

I wonder if it's because of positive feedback to the film trailer and they don't want to risk that being associated with some pretty nasty stuff.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Blockhouse posted:

Here, I'll go first: Dan Jurgens' Green Lanterns run is real bad and I don't like it! Kind of bummed the book is going to be ending with this dumb plot where nobody is talking to each other to circumvent their evil misinformation rings.

Sadly, I agree. The angle should work better than it does. Padding everywhere.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm hoping beyond all hope that all the Sandman-related titles that are coming out in the next few months will be at least passable. I'm a slut for any of those late 80s/90s Vertigo series' with magic-based characters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Jason's new design is interesting.

I for one love DC making every incarnation of Jason Todd worse than the last..

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

catlord posted:

My gut reaction is to like it, but that's just because it looks like he stole half of Azrael's outfit, and frankly the last thing Azrael needs is to be associated with Jason Todd.

Also, he needs a katana because it's more threatening than a crowbar? gently caress off, I'm running from both.

Adnor posted:

That's not even a katana!

I think that is technically a wakizashi, not a katana. :goonsay:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Covok posted:

I think that is technically a wakizashi, not a katana. :goonsay:

That's what they call it on that last page, I'm just going by that.

Also, does Jason really need to have a Bat-symbol? It seems weird that he keeps on violently breaking away from Batman, but they absolutely have to keep that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looks more like an angry penguin head than a bat.

edit:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 2, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Right?

Man, they are telegraphing really hard that Roy is dying on Heroes in Crisis, but hey, at least they're finally acknowledging his friendship with Jason.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Red Hoodie and the Outlawies

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hmm. Is it possible to reuse "Tokyo Torture Temple" without it being racist? Because that's a good name. Batman would fight those guys.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Drug Island.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
to fight a hunger that could end the universe you need

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

That’s not the same logo, is it?

E: lmao it is

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hup posted:

That’s not the same logo, is it?

E: lmao it is

It's from Six Flags New England. Hard to believe out of all the DC stuff available to them that's one they go with.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit:

Don't dox my Club Penguin OC

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

X-O posted:

It's from Six Flags New England. Hard to believe out of all the DC stuff available to them that's one they go with.

I wonder how old it is

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Marvel stuff at Universal Florida is like a time capsule for 90s Marvel.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Roth posted:

The Marvel stuff at Universal Florida is like a time capsule for 90s Marvel.
I always kind of lament that Marvel themed restaurant at Universal studios Hollywood closed down.

But it is kind of weird seeing my 2000s era Marvel shirts with Universal branding and seeing my now era Disney Marvel shirts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Isn't Universal fighting tooth and nail to keep their Marvel stuff in the park but there's very strict rules about upkeep and repairs or something?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think their licensing agreement was perpetual or something, but they can't update anything past what they launched at.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They lost some rights to certain characters. The hulk roller coaster had to be renamed.

Edit: nevermind i was mistaken.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I think their licensing agreement was perpetual or something, but they can't update anything past what they launched at.

That's probably all it is. I figure once Disney builds a "World of Marvel" park at DisneyWorld they'll just give it up.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think the agreement right now is that Disney can't use most Marvel licenses in Disney World. Guardians of the Galaxy wasn't part of the deal, so they can use that though.

Like, they announced Marvel areas for a few parks except in Disney World.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah they're turning the Tower of Terror into a GOTG ride and I am unnaturally angry about it :argh:

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Aw man, they’re dong it in Florida too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

TwoPair posted:

Yeah they're turning the Tower of Terror into a GOTG ride and I am unnaturally angry about it :argh:

As far as I know, that was just for the one in California Adventure which was the bad version of that ride anyway. I don't think there's any plans to turn the Florida one into Guardians, and they're instead getting a Guardians roller coaster.