Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I see we are now at the "well star citizen lies, but probably not intentionally, and hey, do you really expect anything out of early access games? at least they tried something new" stage of redacted's bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Astropub posted:

Star Citizen isn't a bad game, it's being uh, being uh designed, uh [to be] pretty good.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

33:15 Twerp17: "I don't know if I want to be a part of this anymore"
33:52 Twerp17: "if that kindof trend continues through this year I would have a lot harder of the time supporting the game or wanting anything to do with the game"

lol :tif: lol

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 2, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lord Stimperor posted:

"Well I didn't technically say... " :words:

Nah man you said twat things. Beating around the bush doesn't help that you behaved like a oval office. Might as well admit it and stand by what you wrote or apologize but going all "well accschually" just looks real weak man.

You hit all the words in a single post.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I'm in the Littlebitofmadness discord and he's linking bootcha and Stephen Mocking videos going "guy guys wake up! I called this 2 years ago!"

The streamers are in 100% meltdown mode. All that's going to remain is AtV at this rate lol.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
we all called it

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
because we are all derek smart

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Grubby Hobo posted:

The gyrations of one Skormfuse on the https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/93fxyj/psa_the_uec_hardcap_removal_was_intentional/ Reddit thread are worth a look. He has taken not understanding game development to a whole new level, beyond imagination. He cannot imagine implementing an economy in a game, and has substituted random blatherings, as though they could be implemented. It is magnificent, in its way.

A sample:

That is only a sample. There are many, many other posts on that thread worth your time if you like looking at gamecrafting that makes CIG look competent.

e: At one point, an apparently-competent person in the game development world engages with this stuff, many times, to his great frustration.

You need to see if this guy can write up the next chapter of the stimpire legacy.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I am on huge beer #3 atm. Emergency ARGcast would be so awesome right now. alas

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Necros posted:

im laughing at these people saying players starting with a huge market advantage over others will be a drop in the bucket and wont make a difference. EVE has probably the most complex market you can get. they even have a goddamn economist on staff to keep it from getting completely hosed. npcs are a big part of it too, but guess what? players can still manipulate the entire thing if they've got enough money. you know what happened with EVE though? a GM spawned multiple blue prints for a certain alliance that allowed them to completely dominate all other players living in nullsec space for years before the lid got blown off the scam. they had a huge advantage in the market. since then CCP has enforced hard nosed rules regarding GMs dealings with players and established a group of players elected yearly by the other players they fly to iceland and voice their concerns.

Yeah but CIG had a guy who made a board game make the economy. And it's also been running in a universe simulation constantly since like 2015 or something.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

I am on huge beer #3 atm. Emergency ARGcast would be so awesome right now. alas
I'm pulling a 12+ hour day today. lets get one going soon tho

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
next time i get drunk im going to pledge for star citizen i know it

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

The Titanic posted:

Yeah but CIG had a guy who made a board game make the economy. And it's also been running in a universe simulation constantly since like 2015 or something.

That's one thing I love about Star Citizer. Get bored of laughing at [x] this week? Spin the wheel and laugh at [y]2 because there's practically no limit the facets of failure at going on with CIG and the backers.

TheAgent posted:

I'm pulling a 12+ hour day today. lets get one going soon tho

wisdom

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

people are taking 4chan memes and turning them into deep state political conspiracies

saying stuff like

doesn't surprise me much I guess

I was with you until the pharmaceutical slavery bit, then I laughed. I'm hoping that is fake because if not it will be even more funny.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Yeah but CIG had a guy who made a board game make the economy. And it's also been running in a universe simulation constantly since like 2015 or something. Chris Roberts, Game Designer.

ftfy

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

G0RF posted:

MASSIVELYOP: Official RSI Statement on Cap Removal

Update: Cloud Imperium has released a lengthy statement about the rationale behind the cap removal. “With the implementation of in-game kiosks and additional in-game shopping options, we removed the ability to buy in-game items with UEC on our website (via a section of our online store that was called Voyager Direct) and moved all UEC transactions directly into the game,” CIG told us. “That’s actually a pretty big milestone and brings us closer to the final game – where you earn UEC to buy in-game items, etc.”

:chanpop:

And on pay-to-win concerns, here’s what the company has to say:

Chris wrote this and it is good for Star Citizen.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jobbo_Fett posted:

And for anyone doubting my credentials, here's a photo of my service rifle

Not only is it biodegradable for maximum covert stealth ops, but there's no serial number on it (SO DONT EVEN TRY TO SEARCH THE REGISTRY!) and I only need a few basic tool to build a new one or repair it when it breaks.

As a fellow member of the "maximum covert operations stealth ops team" I just want to confirm this story as accurate.

In fact just the other day I was talking with Jobbo_Fett as he was sanding some particulates from his wooden gun after an especially dangerous operation we conducted in places so dangeroujust talking about them here would put you all in grave risk.

"Nice shot, capping that guy from <redacted>! I don't think I ever saw so much blood before!" I said cheerfully, checking the sharpness of my whittling knife as I began inspecting my service issued SOCOM plank for damages.

"Oh I know. And when that <redacted> <redacted> came <redacted> <redacted> like one of those <redacted> guys I thought it was all over. Luckily," Jobbo_Fett said with a laugh, patting the blood soaked rubber band attached to the deadly cork, "I had this baby to protect us."

"Thank <redacted> for <redacted>! Otherwise we'd have had to swim up <redacted> and last time that happened the <redacted> had river scorpions crawling out of <redacted> giant, throbbing <redacted>!" I said with a jovial smile, sand papering my plank a bit more in preparation for the next secret operation op where secret operations have to be conducted.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Well I’m glad Dolvak is on defense. He’s a huge Sandi fan and there is no truer champion for :females: than he.

(Dolvak, I know you read the thread — you still owe me for that commissioned Bear meme. Don’t think your non-payment will be forgotten. Go on Relay and be yin to Erris’s yang so we can clear the air between us. It’s time.)

He's never come to save me yet. :negative:

I feel betrayed by the system!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Well at least Hideo Kojima will be happy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Well at least Hideo Kojima will be happy.

I like how the open book is blank.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

55:42 WTFo: "I like star marine in particular"
55:17 WTFo: "I can play Star Marine for years right"

Thank you Marine Citizen. Really. Thank you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Just wait til they announce they aren't going to stop selling ships.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

They probably didn't have time to steal something to put on its pages.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

They probably didn't have time to steal something to put on its pages.

I was expecting some Skyrim asset actually.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

It's not blank, that's the Star Citizen's Design Document.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is a good post because he's actually not putting his money where his mouth is but is sticking with the basic ship and trying to challenge the world to pistols at dawn like a real man with 100s of hours of experience in Arena Commander because this is something real men totally do. And more in space simulations since they began in Wing Commander 1 so he knows fidelity and how space works. Come at him bro.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Montoya: Star Citizen drops limit on UEC purchases

Couple of points

1) Plenty of people who were hoarding UEC bypassed the cap easily by buying things from the Voyager Direct store.

2) Eve Online has had an open and very successful in-game currency for well over a decade, it works there, can it not work here?

3) We are not all starting with an Aurora, some people will have big ships, some will have small ships. People starting the game with big wallets may have a short term advantage, but that is all!

YOUTUBE: REDACTED — REDACTED | UEC UNCAPPED

Oh Montoya.

"All they're doing is simply leveling the ground, and letting everybody buy as much as they want. So why is everybody freaking out?"

Trying so hard to bend over backwards to make CIG look kindof okay

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

I was expecting some Skyrim asset actually.

I'm sure someone there is trying to fit The Lusty Argonian Maid in a space station somewhere before they're fired for a new cycle of underpaid temps.

Kosumo posted:

It's not blank, that's the Star Citizen's Design Document.

Star Citizen's book cooking book.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nicholas posted:

next time i get drunk im going to pledge for star citizen i know it

I've never been THAT drunk

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Montoya's best argument, what many SCs make, is that the UEC could be worth not much.

Which of course means CIG is ripping you off...

"I guarantee UEC will not be worth as much as they think it will be" hahahahhaha finally Montoya speaks some accidental truth. Broken clock is right twice a day and all that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I found Argon:

(click for big)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Goons, I have to come clean. Ever since the last patch I have been playing Star Citizen. I know you don't want to hear that it really did turn the game around and it's now no longer an empty shallow tech demo but a realised space sim with dynamic quests, mining, and land claims, but too bad because it is and I've been enjoying it while still reading this thread's constant FUD and not saying anything. You are wrong. That's it, plain and simple. The game is good, and it's only going to get better.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I think it's time to rub and make some homoerotic cyber memes.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

The Titanic posted:

You need to see if this guy can write up the next chapter of the stimpire legacy.

You may be on to something. He should write their economics textbook.

His writings have stuck with me. He is a remarkable person. The writing may not be in the same region as textbook English, but his meaning is crystal clear.

1. It's a game. It's not real. You can do anything you want. Therefore, the economy cannot have problems, because it is not real.
2. If problems arise, you fix them with magic. It's not real, so you can have magic.

Layered on top of that basic philosophy is a world-class obtuseness. It is easy to picture the following scenario.

A meeting of the Eve developers, and their expensive economist, to solve a nagging inflation problem in the game.

Skormfuse bursts in.

"You can do anything you want! It's not real!"

The developers invite him to sit down, and spend three hours explaining why it's not that simple, and just what problems they are facing.

Skormfuse looks thoughtful. He strokes his chin. Then his whole face lights up.

"Magic! You just use magic! It's not real!"

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Times like this I'm not sure if I'm calling it or if it's calling me.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Times like this I'm not sure if I'm calling it or if it's calling me.

"Dusty Lens, we need you, come to us ….. lets rub"

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i spilled gravity goo all over my pants and now i have a permanent boner

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

Goons, I have to come clean. Ever since the last patch I have been playing Star Citizen. I know you don't want to hear that it really did turn the game around and it's now no longer an empty shallow tech demo but a realised space sim with dynamic quests, mining, and land claims, but too bad because it is and I've been enjoying it while still reading this thread's constant FUD and not saying anything. You are wrong. That's it, plain and simple. The game is good, and it's only going to get better.

I've updated the game and its been on the backburner cause Star Citizen Warframe's got me hooked. I've been playing Zephyr and defying gravity goo is good.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Im a bit torn really. On one hand, pay to win is terrible and a Good Game really shouldnt cost more than ~2 x its box price over its life.

On the other hand watching the cultists try and mansplain the unlimited whale fracking away is loving hilarious.

From Chris' perspective, im sure hes hoping the fans will all quietly drift away and he can slip out back into anonymity. Then he opens the curtains and sees hundreds of them camped out in the carpark.

Whats a guy gotta do to just become a millionaire round here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ghostlight posted:

I'm glad you've found the fidelitous planet where bad dragon dildos grow like flowers in the meadows.