Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

SonicRulez posted:

Oh dear, is that happening in a couple of weeks?

On the 7th, I believe. Along with the Rathalos event fight. And Monster Hunter World's PC release. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Schneider Heim posted:

He was okay before the costume change. Is he like blind in one eye now, though?

By the way, are there any cool tracks you guys like? I've been listening to some of the Heavensward music on Youtube and my favorites are Night in the Brume and the first dungeon boss theme. It seems like Soken gets even better with Stormblood music, too.

The best one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12XGQ-0B2GQ

also a few others:
The Scars of Battle (Lost City of Amdapor)
Ink Long Dry (Great Gubal Library)
Another Brick (Baelsar's Wall)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

there are only three good songs in final fantasy fourteen

the song that plays in snowcloak, thordan's theme, and the fake powerman 5000 song

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Alakaiser posted:

The correct choice is obviously Exponential Entropy ten times.

Uh excuse me, it's Exponential Entropy nine times and then the Azim day theme.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Solitair posted:

Garlemald is still shrouded in clouds on the world map, but Radz-et-Han is not.
What's your point? Yanxia wasn't even on the map before SB came out.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

there are only three good songs in final fantasy fourteen

the song that plays in snowcloak, thordan's theme, and the fake powerman 5000 song

this loving list doesn't include any alexander songs or the azim steppe day theme (my man two posts up) or Under the loving Weight

Under the Weight is the best one btw please don't @ me

e:

oh no blimp issue posted:

What's your point? Yanxia wasn't even on the map before SB came out.

sure, but now we have a shitload of marked and unclouded stuff on the map that we still haven't been to, and at least one of those places has since been introduced (the Burn - which I think is also the MSQ dungeon in 4.4? did they reveal this yet or am I imagining things?). I mean, who knows the inscrutable intentions of the yoship, but it seems weird to uncover a bunch of areas while leaving others shrouded and then not go to the uncovered ones

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 1, 2018

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Lmao at the notion that it's possible to have just 10 favorite ffxiv songs.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

this loving list doesn't include any alexander songs or the azim steppe day theme

ok five good songs

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Mymla posted:

There is a very, very short list of songs in this game that I actually dislike. Gold Saucer theme topping the charts, good grief. I was sick of that back when I was playing FF7 on my dad's lap, let alone all these years later. The rest of the soundtrack is pretty fantastic though.

What 1.0 songs we have on the orchestrion are also pretty great. Twin Faces of Fate is probably my favorite song in the entire game, it's just so chilled out and relaxed.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

sure, but now we have a shitload of marked and unclouded stuff on the map that we still haven't been to, and at least one of those places has since been introduced (the Burn - which I think is also the MSQ dungeon in 4.4? did they reveal this yet or am I imagining things?). I mean, who knows the inscrutable intentions of the yoship, but it seems weird to uncover a bunch of areas while leaving others shrouded and then not go to the uncovered ones

Old Sharlyan is on the current map but I can't see a current story reason we'd be going there in the next 2 patches, and the burn is going to be a dungeon like you say. Really I just don't expect new overworld areas in the current expansion and I think if the story carries on as is we'll probably be going to Garlemald.
After that I'm predicting The New World and we'll have a Limsa/Merlwyb arc.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Summer event gear looking good.
https://gfycat.com/HollowImmaculateKingsnake

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Mymla posted:

Just for science I narrowed down my XIV albums, having got every official release as I have more money then sense. When I excluded the arranged albums (both primals albums and the orchestra) and included the entirety of Before Meteor, I was shocked to see the song count was 504 tracks, or 32 hours and change. Granted there are duplicates in there from later albums including Before Meteor stuff, but removing those and maybe the FFT/FFXII tracks from Stormblood you are still left with some staggering song counts and play times.

There's a LOT of music for this game.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Pa-paya or bust!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

FortMan posted:

Pa-paya or bust!

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

pupuru posted:

any suggestions for a PLD sword and shield to pair with Halone's Mail dyed regal purple? I've been rocking Burtgang for ages but it doesn't fit at all :(

also I finally hit the point where there's no more MSQ to do and it only took just over 800 hours. I may have gotten slightly sidetracked a few times.

I'm pretty partial to Shire Sword as a nice, functional-looking straight-bladed longsword with a minimal amount of eye-melting MMO endgame on it.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Meiteron posted:

Just for science I narrowed down my XIV albums, having got every official release as I have more money then sense. When I excluded the arranged albums (both primals albums and the orchestra) and included the entirety of Before Meteor, I was shocked to see the song count was 504 tracks, or 32 hours and change. Granted there are duplicates in there from later albums including Before Meteor stuff, but removing those and maybe the FFT/FFXII tracks from Stormblood you are still left with some staggering song counts and play times.

There's a LOT of music for this game.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/94f1046b746fec91232c35e946ff55cc5a055ccc

Set the world record before SB even launched.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thundarr posted:

In fairness his plan didn't work out quite how he wanted it to since Asahi came down with a terminal case of the Teledjis and it turns out Maxima isn't interested in continuing the psycho stuff even a second longer now that his crazy boss is gone.

Not!Zenos was going to have him killed anyway.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

FortMan posted:

Pa-paya and bust!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Thundarr posted:

In fairness his plan didn't work out quite how he wanted it to since Asahi came down with a terminal case of the Teledjis and it turns out Maxima isn't interested in continuing the psycho stuff even a second longer now that his crazy boss is gone.

His plan didn't work because, like many other idiots, it involved summoning a god to fight the god killer.

Rainuwastaken posted:

On the 7th, I believe. Along with the Rathalos event fight. And Monster Hunter World's PC release. :shepicide:

drat it. I don't care about Monster Hunter, but I need my LiteBrite weapons. Back to the hellgrind!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

His plan didn't work because, like many other idiots, it involved summoning a god to fight the god killer.

I was under the impression he never thought you’d fail and all he wanted to do was double cross you and by extension doma in a ham fisted manner tho admittedly it’s been a while since I did that bit

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

UHD posted:

I was under the impression he never thought you’d fail and all he wanted to do was double cross you and by extension doma in a ham fisted manner tho admittedly it’s been a while since I did that bit

That was my impression as well. They just wanted to establish a pretense, tar Doma as a land of eikon-worshippers, and maybe even tar the Eorzeans by association as well.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Magiteknical Difficulties
The Phantom Train to Sigmascape
A Battle Decisively
Cyan's Theme
Battle to the Death - Heavensward
Dancing Mad - Movement I
Dancing Mad - Movement II
Dancing Mad - Movement III
Dancing Mad - Movement IV
Pa-Paya

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
4.3 talk.

Yeah. Asahi even mentions how he doubted a weak primal summoned by the means he used would even mildly inconvenience the Godslayer, but did it because Eikon Worshippers are the one thing Garlemald cannot stand for and man, isn’t it wack how those jackass Domans summoned a Primal the second the Garleans aren’t there to stop them.

Unfortunately for him, his second is command basically went and turns out to be The One Reasonable Garlean this expansion and offers to explain what happened but Ascians don’t leave loose ends, and shoots the hell out of the explanation party. The fact this implies Asahi likely wasn’t going to survive his trip even if he didn’t catch his terminal case Teledjitis and keep his trap shut and just make for the exit is just gravy.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Worst part about 4.3 is that I didnt get to be like "You realize I have no reason not to kill you now, right?"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

UHD posted:

This is it, basically.

KoB posted:

Worst part about 4.3 is that I didnt get to be like "You realize I have no reason not to kill you now, right?"

Also this.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I would normally be continuing to bitch about how the events of 4.3 are a step BACKWARDS in terms of player agency but you know, Yotsuyu did, by all rights, have first dibs. I appreciate that sometimes the story demands that things go a certain way over another, and that to do otherwise would elicit complaints of "this is so tortured, they obviously went out of their way to do this", but I appreciate when my character is allowed to do things in cutscenes and not be limited to stoic nodding, punching my fist into my other hand, looking confused, looking dismayed, or taking a threatening step forward.

(I'm a loving WAR, Thancred. Thank you, but YOU are supposed to be behind ME.)

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You don't pay his sub.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Vadoc posted:

You don't pay his sub.

LOL. Don't defend him, here he is in SB content and still hasn't equipped his loving job crystal!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
When it comes to FFXIV music, I'll always have a soft spot for Stone and Steel, the music that plays during hunts and a few cutscenes in Heavensward. (And gets used again as a leitmotif in Stormblood.)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I would normally be continuing to bitch about how the events of 4.3 are a step BACKWARDS in terms of player agency but you know, Yotsuyu did, by all rights, have first dibs. I appreciate that sometimes the story demands that things go a certain way over another, and that to do otherwise would elicit complaints of "this is so tortured, they obviously went out of their way to do this", but I appreciate when my character is allowed to do things in cutscenes and not be limited to stoic nodding, punching my fist into my other hand, looking confused, looking dismayed, or taking a threatening step forward.

I really think the bottom line is they don't have the time or inclination to animate 15 different animations in cutscenes like that.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I don't think it's too much to ask for a set of canned, job-specific animations. A blocking/weapon clash animation, for one. I'll even throw out a few examples for casters, because those would be less-straightforward than the other jobs:

SCH: Stopping a sword by catching the blade within the pages of your book.
SMN: Titan-egi summoned to physically insert themsevles in between the oncoming attack and you
BLM: Incinerating the attack before it reaches you.
WHM: Fluid Aura. What? It's not like it was getting any use the way it is NOW.
RDM: Fencer-y poo poo.

They could even re-use them in other cutscenes down the line.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MNK: Punching yourself in the face before the opponent can, confusing them.

MCH: Making out hard on your turret, so your opponent doesn't want to interrupt.

NIN: Carefully explaining the web manga you write to the opponent, boring them into leaving.

SAM: Carefully explaining the web manga you draw to the opponent to the opponent, boring them into leaving.

AST: Loudly explain to the enemy that horoscopes can't be disproven, and that's as valid as proof, causing the opponent to die instantly.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

PLD: Just kinda standing there eating the hit like a chump. What? Hallowed Ground was off cooldown.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

These Heavensward main scenario quests are a zillion times better than the ARR scenario quests, which were pretty much reaaaaally long stretches of boredom with the occasional interest quest every 10+ levels. I still remember the hours of bullshit you had to do in Coerthas just to get some dude to tell you where Cid's ship was last sighted.

I enjoyed Alphinaud's shock when he said "We should stay and help the Ishgardians against the horde!" and I went "Hmph."

edit: My character (a minimum height Hyur female) looks so tiny next to this Azure Dragoon guy.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 2, 2018

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good old estenien.

and yeah Heavensward is a dramatic step up in quest and story quality. The whiplash is pretty hard after rushing trough the AAR postgame stuff, I wonder how it felt in real time.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

rujasu posted:

LOL. Don't defend him, here he is in SB content and still hasn't equipped his loving job crystal!
The guy walks around everywhere instead of taking the aethernet and is part of an organization with 2 arcanists, one specializing the ruin spam and carbuncle mods and the other focusing on maximizing team-kills. That's not even mentioning Ms. butt-window leading the scions as a miner. his lack of a job stone doesn't even register compared to all of that.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Tashilicious posted:

good old estenien.

and yeah Heavensward is a dramatic step up in quest and story quality. The whiplash is pretty hard after rushing trough the AAR postgame stuff, I wonder how it felt in real time.

The 2-3 month break in between 2.55 and Heavensward was a good kind of agony, and then the HW launch was brilliant (the first couple hours in CWH especially).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm pretty sure Minfilia's chest is actually larger than you can make a character's chest using the slider during character creation.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm going to have to share something with you when you hit SB. Enjoy HW~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of Minfilia, who even is she? Why does she have the Echo? Is this stuff from 1.0?