Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Vulture Culture posted:

S.O.D.'s album was literally called Speak English or Die

...which Ian has told the story time and time again that the whole album was built around the character Sgt. D and the whole thing was meant to be stupid, not serious.

Ian and Benante would also go on to collaborate with Public Enemy.

C2C - 2.0 fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
New Behemoth song featuring a kids choir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4gkKKsEQdI

Yep.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
sucks behemoth isn't popular because weird al would have a field day making a parody version about canadians called god=doug

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Popped up on Spotify. Not bad if you like newer Children of Bodom/Thrash-type stuff. Metal Lyric videos are a mistake as metal lyrics are usually terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD9ByRvK8YI

henpod fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 2, 2018

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

To Battle posted:

Don’t we have a black metal thread what the hell is happening.

Yes and I wish people would stop posting black metal here because I do not give a gently caress about black metal

Name Change fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 2, 2018

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Yes and I wish people would stop black metal here because I do not give a gently caress about black metal

That thread gets no discussion at all and there's lots of bands that could be discussed in all three of the metal threads in this forum and still be on topic.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Surprisingly enjoying Dee Snider's solo album that came out last month.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

That thread gets no discussion at all and there's lots of bands that could be discussed in all three of the metal threads in this forum and still be on topic.

Yeah the black metal thread is redundant, frankly. Stoner/Doom/Sludge kind of has its own community and metalcore/deathcore exists so those bands don’t just get endlessly shat on. I don’t know why the black metal thread exists.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I don't like a lot of what gets posted in here but if it's metal, bring it on. Who cares. Just scroll down like one notch on your mouse wheel and you don't have to see it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Since there’s not always crossover from the doom thread as mentioned, if anyone wants to hear some incredibly well produced instrumental metal please go listen to the new Bongripper album. It goes places you wouldn’t expect for the genre and stays true to itself at the same time. It’s a very enjoyable album and it sounds massive.

COOL CORN posted:

I don't like a lot of what gets posted in here but if it's metal, bring it on. Who cares. Just scroll down like one notch on your mouse wheel and you don't have to see it.

That’s asking so, so much out of this thread lol

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

COOL CORN posted:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

...which Ian has told the story time and time again that the whole album was built around the character Sgt. D and the whole thing was meant to be stupid, not serious.

Ian and Benante would also go on to collaborate with Public Enemy.
I'm not saying that the guys were racists. I'm saying that lots of hardcore, thrash, and crossover music in the 1980s was filled with lyrics that conveyed [what would today be considered] right-wing messaging. The "Speak English or Die" t-shirt was emblematic of political incorrectness and people who considered themselves to be politically incorrect.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the opening riff on speak english or die is legendary

i got to see SOD in 1999 and i consider myself very lucky. one of the best shows ive ever seen.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
nazis/nationalists/racists suck, but if u cant enjoy SOD go be a little bitch somewhere else

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I saw SOD doing their 5th anniversary of speak English or die or something like that in 90-91. Billy Milano jumped off a giant speaker stack wearing an ape mask, the whole thing ruled.

Also Morbid Angel played, good times.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

imagine being a pasty rear end loser goon that gets mad IRL about music and the "ideology", go post on reddit dweebs

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

we’re sensitive in america right now because we’ve decided as a country that it might be fun to play around with fascism

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

lmao @ stomping your feet and italicizing how much you don't like black metal and don't want people to talk about it here. The BM thread blows, as has been stated. Everyone has moved to this thread from it, it's last post is over 10 days ago.
Here's something cool I found, mid 90's American symphonic black from Texas of all places.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijtZ3op9OLc
Also been getting pretty into God Dethroned lately, good body of work that's consistently great as far as I've heard with this being my favorite album of theirs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9LO7waapPk

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 2, 2018

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
You can't stop rock 'n' roll!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Idk maybe y'all could just shut up and listen to Weakling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnjH-ZYe59c

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Weaponized Cum posted:

imagine being a pasty rear end loser goon that gets mad IRL about music and the "ideology", go post on reddit dweebs

Shut the gently caress up edge lord. Keep sticking it to mom that you listen to shouty music I guess? Grow up.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

COOL CORN posted:

Idk maybe y'all could just shut up and listen to Weakling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnjH-ZYe59c

Probably top 5 best albums ever so ya, agreed.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Shut the gently caress up edge lord. Keep sticking it to mom that you listen to shouty music I guess? Grow up.

stop posting

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I mean, someone going with "weaponized cum" is just asking to be taken seriously.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Both of your posts were bad. Maybe consider not having a slapfight about it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wacken stream up.

https://stream.wacken.com/

quote:

THURSDAY LIVESTREAMS: (ALL TIMES GMT+2)
13:30-14:15 SKYLINE
14:30-15:30 DOKKEN
17:15-18:50 DIRKSCHNEIDER
19:15-20:30 BEHEMOTH
20:45-22:00 SEPULTURA (REPLAY)

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Aren't the people upset about SOD - Speak English or Die exactly the same people the band and album were mocking in the first place?!

Nazi, they're taking the piss out of you, you know?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

How did I never really listen to Mizmor before Migration fest???? Yodh is incredible.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Anyway, Metal

https://youtu.be/aVbrQ8YP1IA

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah, bout that metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVVX9Li4BFs
These guys are pretty great, atmo blackgazey stuff that leans way more on the black than the gaze.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

sucks behemoth isn't popular because weird al would have a field day making a parody version about canadians called god=doug

Not sure I wanna encourage Doug Ford supporters

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

the yeti posted:

How did I never really listen to Mizmor before Migration fest???? Yodh is incredible.

Ya Mizmor owns

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

COOL CORN posted:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I haven’t listened to Mizmor. I might try out Yodh while I go exercise in a few.

update: oh okay. Good poo poo.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 2, 2018

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I wish some of these posters would miz this thread mor

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

God drat I wish I was there. Haven't been to Wacken in 10 years :smith:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Behemoth was really good and now im 2nd guessing myself to not go in November.

They aren't showing everything tho. :( Judas Priest on in a couple hours. But they are going to show Sepultura from yesterday instead :/

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i don't think i saw this posted in here, put this in your ears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxhGnTJZsc

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

That's a pretty shabby looking jewish wedding.