Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

Gillibrand would absolutely go after Biden on all his creepiness, Warren would hit him on student loans. It's going to be a really fun primary

all the centrists are going to be fighting over the same voters and backbiting each other while bernie stands over all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol bill clinton being a rapist didnt put a dent in the clintons

we're now in a post-Weinstein world, much like we are in a post-escalator world

rules are changing

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

all the centrists are going to be fighting over the same voters and backbiting each other while bernie stands over all

:agreed: this is the most likely scenario, every single person who voted for Bernie last time hasn't gone anywhere and a shitload more of people are gonna be Feeling the Bern by 2020

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the primaries are a Who Can Pretend To Be The Most Left Competition, then immediately afterward they all go back to saying that progressive values are just unelectable

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

The Kingfish posted:

he would poo poo all over her for the disproportionate sentencing/incarceration/conviction of minorities that happened on her watch and call her a jail master or slave catcher or something.

His supporters are happy because he is owning a lib and the Dems’ turnout suffers because he’s not wrong.

and of course instead of trying to do better the Dems will just argue the point and make excuses

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

That's the only path I see for Trump losing. Heck, it's how Trump made it through the beginning - Jeb, Marco, Cruz and Kasich all convinced they could stay in and be the establishment guy and beat Trump head up and refusing to quit

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

the primaries are a Who Can Pretend To Be The Most Left Competition, then immediately afterward they all go back to saying that progressive values are just unelectable

They'll attempt it, but they keep loving up when anyone with actual beliefs starts bringing up things outside their worldview. like say, student loan dismissal.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

It would today, though. Maybe. (Whether anyone will still a poo poo about #metoo by the time 2020 rolls around is another question entirely.)

Also, while Biden is no slouch in the charm department, Bill's like a thousand times more charismatic than he is.

On the other hand, Trump being, well, pick a thing, certainly hasn't stopped him, so I don't think we can rest easy.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Bernie's got a solid combination of a unique (and uniquely resonant) message and the strongest crowd-working ability of anyone realistically on the field for the 2020 nomination. I won't accept anything as a dead cert at this point but he's in the best position he's ever going to be in.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Being a rapist in the 90s was like a badge of honor for shitbags. Sexual harassment and worse was just a example of women just being too emotional.

mastershakeman posted:

Gillibrand would absolutely go after Biden on all his creepiness, Warren would hit him on student loans. It's going to be a really fun primary

Yeah, I think that even if Obama is trying to 'clear the field' it's not going to work as well. Booker, Coumo, and Gillibrand already waited a cycle. Also Obama never had that instinct to screw fellow politicians over like the Clintons neceserry to ensure loyalty.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 2, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

When Trump attacked veterans is when I realized that would probably win the primary. He understands which issues his base actually cares about and which are just a weapon to bludgeon the libs.

i think it's more that he's just as stupid as the diehard R base and has 0 filter

trump's election win had so many insane factors that had to align perfectly, if even one went wrong(like if hillary had any charisma whatsoever) he would've lost like he wanted to

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender
the primaries are gonna be such a clusterfuck i can't wait

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
only way biden loses the primary is if there's a superflu that kills a bunch of boomers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

DCCC targets like a California Senate race between two Democrats and no one else. Get the gently caress out of here.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

That's the only path I see for Trump losing. Heck, it's how Trump made it through the beginning - Jeb, Marco, Cruz and Kasich all convinced they could stay in and be the establishment guy and beat Trump head up and refusing to quit

yeah it'll be easy to tell after the first few states how it's going to go. if they all stay in, Bernie wins pretty easily. i feel like the democrats have to know this though (lol) so they may pressure the weakest link to drop ASAP

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al! posted:

only way biden loses the primary is if there's a superflu that kills a bunch of boomers

Or if he actually starts attempting to campaign, lol.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Or if he actually starts attempting to campaign, lol.

why would he need to campaign when obama will be doing it for him lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nah posted:

yeah it'll be easy to tell after the first few states how it's going to go. if they all stay in, Bernie wins pretty easily. i feel like the democrats have to know this though (lol) so they may pressure the weakest link to drop ASAP

the dems likely think they're an absolute shoo-in and so are going for the foolproof strategy of punching left once again

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Al! posted:

I don’t think Biden sweeps the South like HRC did. Maybe if he gets an Obama endorsement, but that probably won’t come except as a last-ditch effort to stop Bernie.

e: he isn’t actually that cool or likable in real life.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

yeah obama has been totally quiet on all the horrific poo poo going on during his presidency and this one, but you can bet your rear end he'll be on the front lines of the 2018 primaries to stop any kind of progressive

this isn't sarcasm, that's how he rolls

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sure, Biden sank like a stone the last 38 times he ran for president, but this time will be different.

(This time actually might be different.)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

I don’t think Biden sweeps the South like HRC did. Maybe if he gets an Obama endorsement, but that probably won’t come except as a last-ditch effort to stop Bernie.

obama is already campaigning for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgExhSpw64g

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

they're absolutely going to ratfuck bernie again though, centrists do not learn from mistakes ever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

button your top button obama jesus christ you're like 50

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

docbeard posted:

Sure, Biden sank like a stone the last 38 times he ran for president, but this time will be different.

(This time actually might be different.)

The press will absolutely start running Biden gaffe stories again the second they can.

They don't know how to cover campaigns in any other way.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Biden should be allowed into debates along with the actual presidential candidate under WWE tag team rules.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yinlock posted:

they're absolutely going to ratfuck bernie again though, centrists do not learn from mistakes ever

oh without a doubt. ratfucking is the way inter-party politics works.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I would absolutely support a "cheerleader" position for Biden, where he has no actual power but gets to dunk on the opposition on a regular bas-

Biden for press secretary.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i would absolutely support a "carnie" position for biden where he's kept greased up in a cage and is only let out to run around and bite the heads off of chickens

biden for geek

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i mean he started off his campaign by calling American POWs coward bitches

was he wrong

e: iirc he was dunking on McCain by saying you can’t really be a war hero if you just got captured. My veteran father's response to this was, “Yeah, he’s pretty much right.”

Zoran fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 2, 2018

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

i would absolutely support a "carnie" position for biden where he's kept greased up in a cage and is only let out to run around and bite the heads off of chickens

biden for geek

...also yes.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kingfish posted:

oh without a doubt. ratfucking is the way inter-party politics works.

will or could bernie have any way of preventing this? given the fuckery in a place like new york where people had a bad habit of vanishing off the voter lists?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1025091550127116288

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Don't forget California primary is on super Tuesday in 2020 which is huge for Harris

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I can't wait for the 2020 Dem primaries, it's gonna be the best show ever.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Alexandria!!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Yinlock posted:

the dems likely think they're an absolute shoo-in and so are going for the foolproof strategy of punching left once again

heil trump i guess

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

will or could bernie have any way of preventing this? given the fuckery in a place like new york where people had a bad habit of vanishing off the voter lists?

it depends a lot on whether he can consolidate the voters who backed him because they didn’t like Hillary into a dedicated voting block. sturdy 40% goes a long way in a crowded field (see: trump), even if no one in charge of the party wants to see you win

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

good on her to clown on CA badDems like this

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al! posted:

I don't think Obama will be doing much other than issuing occasional proclamations from Luxury Retirement Island, but we will see.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

not checking comments on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m glad that conservatives have focused their hate beacon on a young outspoken woman of color it’s almost as if that’s what this was all about from the start