Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm not waiting for the primary. i'm telling every last shithead i know how much they can gently caress off saying harris or biden would beat trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/02/healthcare-medicare-for-all-hawaii/

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mastershakeman posted:

Don't forget California primary is on super Tuesday in 2020 which is huge for Harris

oh poo poo we matter now? gently caress can't wait to get blanketed with ads and flyers for the first time

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

will or could bernie have any way of preventing this? given the fuckery in a place like new york where people had a bad habit of vanishing off the voter lists?

there’s a huge range of what “rat-loving” can entail, but it’s basically impossible for any candidate to prevent it beyond vigilance and thorough vetting of campaign staff.

The better question is what type of loving can Bernie do himself. For obvious reasons. Bernie can make only limited use of party and institutional structures. This is a weakness that will have to be made up for by unaffiliated supporters or groups of unaffiliated supports acting as saboteurs of succ dem campaigns—which is more or less the original definition of ratfucking.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
bernie sanders is insanely old who knows what mental or physical state he'll even be in 2020

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

mila kunis posted:

bernie sanders is insanely old who knows what mental or physical state he'll even be in 2020

good and strong, respectively

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

good, and strong, and my friend.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

:votegop: lmao except its democrats

mila kunis posted:

berniejoggingthruairport.gif

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Shear Modulus posted:

good, and strong, and my friend.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

she's been playing hilldawg's playlist for awhile now, ratcheting up the identity politics the closer she sees her opponents to her in the polls. she's also a fan of the personal narrative, how she, unlike her opponents who were not in the same position of power as her, fought right to work (which passed) and for medicaid expansion (which didn't pass because of her).

the whole "i stood with union workers in lansing" is especially infuriating because abdul supports "right-to-bargain" legislation, modeled after bernie's workplace democracy act, that would pass card check and a slew of other workers rights. she doesn't support these yet she gets all the union endorsements. from some unions supporting snyder to always supporting establishment dems, union leadership is seriously loving stupid.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the libs are going to be owned hard

BERNIE RISING

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Also good. And strong.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Also good. And strong.

Real, and strong, and my friend.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Good and strong, just like this basket I'm putting all my eggs in.

...am I doing this right?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Powerful & potent, tbh

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

i'm ready to suit up for bernie for the primaries tbh :bernget20:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

does ing have a chance in that hawaii race

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Gio posted:

she's been playing hilldawg's playlist for awhile now, ratcheting up the identity politics the closer she sees her opponents to her in the polls. she's also a fan of the personal narrative, how she, unlike her opponents who were not in the same position of power as her, fought right to work (which passed) and for medicaid expansion (which didn't pass because of her).

the whole "i stood with union workers in lansing" is especially infuriating because abdul supports "right-to-bargain" legislation, modeled after bernie's workplace democracy act, that would pass card check and a slew of other workers rights. she doesn't support these yet she gets all the union endorsements. from some unions supporting snyder to always supporting establishment dems, union leadership is seriously loving stupid.

Major unions supported Reagan which is all you need to know about their endorsement processes.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

the libs are going to be owned hard

BERNIE RISING

You know we need a lovely pro suc dem cover band like the right has with that awful Madison Rising.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Major unions supported Reagan which is all you need to know about their endorsement processes.

this isn't as ridiculous as it sounds

Carter was awful on labor (today, he's remembered as an ultra liberal, but at the time he was considered pretty conservative for a Dem), and Reagan was a former union leader himself

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
if you believe that obamacare wasn't a towering achievement that massively improved healthcare your view of reality isn't terribly useful

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

does ing have a chance in that hawaii race

on the one had the polls are not good, othoh :matters: lmao gently caress polls :matters:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1024973876269334528

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Office Pig posted:

if you believe that obamacare wasn't a towering achievement that massively improved healthcare your view of reality isn't terribly useful

it opened health insurance to more people and somewhat reduced the rate of insurance cost growth

conflating health insurance with health care is silly, but a common mistake

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Agean90 posted:

on the one had the polls are not good, othoh :matters: lmao gently caress polls :matters:

polling primaries is tough

polling multiway primaries is tougher

polling for a candidate that will win or lose on the back of millennial turnout is nearly impossible nowadays

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Main Paineframe posted:

it opened health insurance to more people and somewhat reduced the rate of insurance cost growth

conflating health insurance with health care is silly, but a common mistake

sorry, the new york democratic party doesn't pay me to acknowledge this

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking

Office Pig posted:

UltraRed posted:

I work tangentially to the medical billing industry and we had a LOL today.

We got a slew of requests to update prices for drugs and we got stuck because for, the first time ever, they broke our software because the prices were too large. Two popular therapies for treating Lymphoma went for $13,000 and $17,000 a treatment, respectively, to $1.6 million and $2.1 million per treatment. Have fun with your insurance premiums and denials. Our software couldn't handle individual billing codes for single meds that large.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:d2a:

p.s. kill me

Obama can suck a dick.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
come on y'all don't make me expend the effort of quotation

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Office Pig posted:

Howard Dean?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

"kim, chin and martin" sounds like a three stooges setup with less humor and more blood money

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Main Paineframe posted:

this isn't as ridiculous as it sounds

Carter was awful on labor (today, he's remembered as an ultra liberal, but at the time he was considered pretty conservative for a Dem), and Reagan was a former union leader himself

only 3 major unions that endorsed reagan over carter - teamsters, patco, and airline pilots. patco/airline pilots were upset about carter's FAA and the teamsters were mad about trucking de-regulation. pretty good chance teamsters would have endorsed reagan anyway - they endorsed nixon and h.w. bush (in 1988).

reagan later ended up killing patco, of course.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

normally i'd say that is a testament to how the democrats have screwed over labor, but the teamsters base has to be majorly loving reactionary for that to happen.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Interesting how AOC never walked through my neighborhood, the most dangerous neighborhood in the country, primarily because I live there,

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Interesting how AOC didn't vote against the bailouts and the Iraq War

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1025132222767161344?s=19

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Feldegast42 posted:

Interesting how AOC didn't vote against the bailouts and the Iraq War

If she's "so progressive" where was she when Hillary was fighting for healthcare reform?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

on obama not endorsing ben jealous........

quote:

There are thousands of democratic candidates, and everyone thinks the person they like should get an endorsement right away. Folks need to relax and pay attention to who he is endorsing vs. speculating about who is not on the list. This isn’t jazz... it’s not about the notes that aren’t there....

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

I don’t think Biden sweeps the South like HRC did. Maybe if he gets an Obama endorsement, but that probably won’t come except as a last-ditch effort to stop Bernie.

e: he isn’t actually that cool or likable in real life.

biden has run for pres about a hundred times, and every time he manages to cock something up, whether it's plagiarized speeches or imitating a convenience-store-owning indian.

and that was back in the mostly pre-social-media days, when most journos were happy to go along with his hagiography. If he runs in 2020 social media's gonna be all over that poo poo from his past like opposing school integration and "context" won't matter.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

AOC, who is NOT EVEN A DEMOCRAT (I assume without verification)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

docbeard posted:

I would absolutely support a "cheerleader" position for Biden, where he has no actual power but gets to dunk on the opposition on a regular bas-

Biden for press secretary.

lol, no. didn't he force obamas hand on gay marriage? he is just gonna say whatever he wants regardless of president bernie's desires