Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fc4 is pretty good. Kinda filled me up on fc games for a long time tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Get Just Cause 3 instead, drat.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dragon Quest and Spider Man coming out the same week is very unfriendly to me, a video gamer

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Far Cry 5 is packed full of stuff that will either annoy you eventually or that you won't want to do in the first place.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

honestly I'm kinda surprised we never got far cry 4 as a ps+ game

tho I think xbox gold got it at some point and maybe sony didn't want to double dip on something ms promoted

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

Dragon Quest and Spider Man coming out the same week is very unfriendly to me, a video gamer

Yeah i dont want to skip dq but im gonna have ta at least until like december

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:hai:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

https://twitter.com/rustypolished/status/1025078037530857473?s=20

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:barf:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I may be a grumpy old guy but I can't remember Peter taking selfies with people on the streets. Just the usual "web the camera so it takes pics of spiderman chasing the bad guys". Is people on that fake twitter getting offended by everything too?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

That sounds adorable actually

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

arent new yorkers usually pissed off at spider man?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Awesome! posted:

arent new yorkers usually pissed off at spider man?

No, just Jameson.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

exquisite tea posted:

I'd say FC5 is strictly a $25 or less experience, nothing more.

That's kiiiiinda what I was thinking.

In a similar question for the opposite genre, is Torment worth it at $10 if I'm a fan of the original and found Wasteland 2 on PS4 to be a decently tolerable experience?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Guillermus posted:

I may be a grumpy old guy but I can't remember Peter taking selfies with people on the streets. Just the usual "web the camera so it takes pics of spiderman chasing the bad guys". Is people on that fake twitter getting offended by everything too?

The replies were all positive. That's why I posted it because I thought it sounded cool. I think the actual Spider-Man experience would be some people wanting selfies and others giving him a piece of their mind but maybe that does happen.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Twibbit posted:

No, just Jameson.

And Eddie Brock. That reminds of the upcoming film with Tom Hardy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Nah real yakuza crash cars into their rivals' headquarters. Seriously that's like 90% of yakuza news in Japan.

Come to think of it why isn't that more prominent in the game?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

But how much wisecracking does he do? This is the most important question.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nah real yakuza crash cars into their rivals' headquarters. Seriously that's like 90% of yakuza news in Japan.

Nobody could do better than Majima in the first game, so nobody ever bothered trying

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

That image is official Sega, and they are the real mob bosses

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Wolfsheim posted:

That's kiiiiinda what I was thinking.

In a similar question for the opposite genre, is Torment worth it at $10 if I'm a fan of the original and found Wasteland 2 on PS4 to be a decently tolerable experience?

It has a way better universe and story than Wasteland 2. Just know that it doesn't hold a candle to Planescape. It is definitely still a solid game though. Got some overblown hate for a bit.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

I've never played a Far Cry game before, but I keep being tempted when I see 5 go on sale because zipping around in a wingsuit and shooting rednecks and hunting with a cougar buddy sounds really fun.

But then I hear literally anything else about the game and talk myself out of it.

I would definitely play 4 and maybe even 3 before 5. Fc5 is good, but it kind of pales next to 4 for a lot of reasons (the guns were cooler, the setting was prettier and more interesting, all of it was set up more believably). I thought Primal was good too, but i wouldn't recommend doing it first since far cry is more fun with guns.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

A true Spider-Man game should include combat similar to Monkey Island

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im gonna take a selfie of myself taking a selfie with spiderman in game, and then im gonna take a selfie of my selfie of my selfie, and im gonna give a thumbs up

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Doctor Zero posted:

But how much wisecracking does he do? This is the most important question.

He did a lot of wisecracking in that last trailer they showed at E3 so I assume a lot

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there should be a button dedicated to wisecracks and every patch should add more options to it

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Inspector Hound posted:

I would definitely play 4 and maybe even 3 before 5. Fc5 is good, but it kind of pales next to 4 for a lot of reasons (the guns were cooler, the setting was prettier and more interesting, all of it was set up more believably). I thought Primal was good too, but i wouldn't recommend doing it first since far cry is more fun with guns.

4 also has the BEST hidden ending I’ve ever seen in a game!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Deadguy2322 posted:

4 also has the BEST hidden ending I’ve ever seen in a game!

Better than the Silent Hill 2 Dog ending?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is that the one where you just dont do anything when the villain says he will be back in like 10 minutes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Awesome! posted:

is that the one where you just dont do anything when the villain says he will be back in like 10 minutes

yes and it's kind of ruined by how smug the game is about its existence

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Okay what's the PS4 thread game of the week everyone is playing?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Tekken 7

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

My wife gets mad irl when that pops up and I find it super hilarious

They have tried to do this crowd interaction thing in Infamous, so I’m curious to see how it works. Seems like a natural extension of what they have done before, and should be really fun. I’m also glad that there won’t be a binary good/evil playthrough. That made some of the crowd interactions really annoying sometimes (especially on an evil path).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Over There posted:

Iwaihime was 50% off in Japan so I decided to do some mystic anime horror for the first time in a while.

edit: long live the new flesh

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 4, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh sweet I just got Tekken and Hitman on sale

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Playing Yakuza on a keyboard is just dumb

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just started nioh and it's pretty good so far

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Over There posted:

I'm about halfway through Horizon.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
What’s the verdict on Steep? I adored Cool Boarders way back in the day. Is Steep similar at all? Also Sega collection is tempting on the sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i will only play yakuza on a fender stratocaster via the rocksmith adapter