Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I really wish this game had a photo mode that lets you pan out and around and add effects and stuff like Shadow of War does, especially since this game is way prettier and the vistas and objects and generally everything would make great screenshot fodder.
If you have an nvidia card then the game supports Ansel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah folks have used ansel for picture modes, and I’ve seen it used with Witcher 3 to make tabletop rpg battle maps from the environment. It’s rad as hell.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Been thinking about gwent all day lol. I would love a gwent focused campaign like the first couple Magic games on 360. I love card games that don't involve playing other people bc like previously said, it all devolves into the same deck which is boring as gently caress.

apparently thats exactly what they're gonna do w/ the gwent standalone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS6CO-d867g

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Been thinking about gwent all day lol. I would love a gwent focused campaign like the first couple Magic games on 360. I love card games that don't involve playing other people bc like previously said, it all devolves into the same deck which is boring as gently caress.

You know the Gwent standalone game is adding like a big 20 hour PvE campaign story mode in its October update right? It's been delayed forever but that's one of the big selling points. There's like a world map you can wander around and different NPCs and quests and poo poo and the Witcher 3 writers are writing for it. It looks cool and I think it'll be like $20 and also get you a bunch of cards you can use in the PVP mode or something

edit: yeah beaten. It plays pretty differently than Witcher 3 Gwent though it's a lot more complicated ...... probably cool if you have the patience to learn tho

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I’m worried that the single player campaign will be a glorified tutorial for multiplayer and all the cool cards with interesting interactions will only be available through microtransactions. We’ll see I guess

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

BBJoey posted:

I’m worried that the single player campaign will be a glorified tutorial for multiplayer and all the cool cards with interesting interactions will only be available through microtransactions. We’ll see I guess

It better not be because they promised it would be like dozens of hours long and have diverging quest outcomes and dialogue trees and multiple endings and poo poo. Honestly after dipping my toes in it the problem with Gwent (standalone) is that there are too many cool cards with interesting interactions; there are so many loving mechanics that it's really really hard to parse what's going on on the board when you're new. They give you a ton of free poo poo upon signing up tho and I basically had all the cards I needed to craft a top tier deck no $ spent necessary, I just couldn't figure out how to play it lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

You know the Gwent standalone game is adding like a big 20 hour PvE campaign story mode in its October update right?

idk genius would I have made that post if I knew

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

idk genius would I have made that post if I knew

Lol. Grumpy rear end

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BBJoey posted:

yeah ... same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I beat the game, got the good ending. Looking forward to my Blood & Wine victory lap :D

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I beat the game, got the good ending. Looking forward to my Blood & Wine victory lap :D

congrats. enjoy the music in toiussant

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I looked up the other endings and I seem to have stumbled into the best possible one, hell yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
you'd have to be a real prick to not got the good ending imo. well i guess the bad ending really.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you also tend to get all the good scenes on the way to the good ending, like when you trash the elf guy's house together

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My ending was almost perfect except that Nilfgaard won the war since I helped Dijkstra kill the king but wouldn’t let him kill Roche and the other conspirators.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My ending was almost perfect except that Nilfgaard won the war since I helped Dijkstra kill the king but wouldn’t let him kill Roche and the other conspirators.

Even if you help Djistra win (I did), it's kind of implied that he's basically just as bad a ruler as the Emperor anyway. The politics stuff is a pyrrhic victory no matter what you do

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Even if you help Djistra win (I did), it's kind of implied that he's basically just as bad a ruler as the Emperor anyway. The politics stuff is a pyrrhic victory no matter what you do

its good to kill the king since he's a dickhead

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I totally let Djikstra win because I liked the cut of his jib and never played witcher 2 so I couldn't care less about Roche and whoever the other super cockney sounding dude was

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This is exactly what I did and I still think it's the best possible outcome

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

its good to kill the king since he's a dickhead

i agree, that's why i chose the way i did.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is exactly what I did and I still think it's the best possible outcome

who did you choose to be ruler of skellige?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I totally let Djikstra win because I liked the cut of his jib and never played witcher 2 so I couldn't care less about Roche and whoever the other super cockney sounding dude was

Djikstra is a fat oval office & so are you if you sided with him :twisted:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The bad ending has a really great direction and ties one loose story end. It's worth watching it on youtube.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

(ending stuff) I played witcher 2 and loved Roche in it so i couldnt let them kill my homie. The mad king had to loving die though, and phillipa making his eyes turn into jets of fire was so sick

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i sided with djikstra since i like machiavellian people .. theyre strong and cool. im a big fan of phillipa eilhart too for that matter

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Palpek posted:

The bad ending has a really great direction and ties one loose story end. It's worth watching it on youtube.

Yeah I think the bad ending is more powerful than the good endings but it’s very bleak

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:agreed: the bad ending is p legit in its own way

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've watched the other endings but i don't think i could make myself do any endings besides the ones i got: Good Dad Geralt, side w/ Djistra so the king and emperor die, go with the Queen for skellige, Yennifer and not Triss, Bloody Baron suicide, Dudu replaces Whoreson Jr, let the kid live in that house in Novigrad, lambert and keira get together. HoS: let Olgierd's wife RIP and save Olgierd's soul so you can do the showdown with Master Mirror, b&w: the happy ending. it's supposed to be less dark, and i just want my victory lap where i chill in my vineyard with my garish painting of myself while Yen sits on a bench making sarcastic comments about the mutations bench

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That Baron ending is the bad one mate

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i choose the innocent orphan children over the weird ear cut off town and also i really hate the Baron, but i admit the choice there is a real trolley problem situation

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I went into that section assuming those kids were already dead. I mean they followed a candy trail to a witches hut in the swamp. Ain't nobody supposed to survive that without dire consequences.. Plus, the Baron was holding information over your head the whole time & I wasn't about to jeopardize good intel on Ciri for lost souls.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

as someone who played witcher 1 i cannot even fathom siding against thaler. such a thing is unthinkable to me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spending all night playing gwent in Toussaint

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChasT9ZWck

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmfao

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol the nod

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

lmao

• Locked thread