Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The Dipshit posted:

What? It happens. As a kid, a small family at my church (a dad, mom, daughter) had the mom die in a car crash when the girl was 13-14ish, girl killed herself when she was 17 and it came out that since the mom died, the dad had the daughter take over "wifely duties".

Guess how that dad voted, all his life, as a god-fearing patriotic American man, former USMC.

okay that post was a weird place to go to immediately though like I don't think the average retarded NASCAR dad who fell off a hummer in Iraq is a daughter raper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Frog Act posted:

okay that post was a weird place to go to immediately though like I don't think the average retarded NASCAR dad who fell off a hummer in Iraq is a daughter raper

...or are they?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Nah, the "traditional family" chuds love always includes symbolic sexual ownership of daughters.

You're naive if you think their inhuman selfishness always ends with politics.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

USMC, Conservative as gently caress, and the mother no longer around? Seems like a pretty direct line to me, but I'll admit this is a little much for the thread and drop it from here.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ikanreed posted:

Nah, the "traditional family" chuds love always includes symbolic sexual ownership of daughters.

Purity balls dude

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
purity is stored in the balls

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

counterpoint: voted for Trump, probably wants to be just like him

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

do yall have a pizzagate forum you could take these random accusations of child molestation to

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Frog Act posted:

why do you think right wing conspiracy theory invariably centers around children and rape?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Frog Act posted:

polling says you’re correct which actually means you’re incorrect.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Frog Act posted:

The average one? No. 2 standard deviations away from the mean? Absolutely. It’s a function of their worldview, but only the most broke-brained whose life circumstances make it possible.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

:orb:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I've always found those conservative dads to be extra creepy for being way to obsessed with their daughter's sexual life.

talkin about daddys little girl is fine when she's 5. when she's 16 its creepy. when its 25 I wonder how long he has been putting the pork to his lil girl

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AkumaHokoru posted:

I've always found those conservative dads to be extra creepy for being way to obsessed with their daughter's sexual life.

talkin about daddys little girl is fine when she's 5. when she's 16 its creepy. when its 25 I wonder how long he has been putting the pork to his lil girl

Listen to the dollop about purity balls. There's all sorts of weird incestuous overtones

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Whoa for a minute I thought I stumbled into the Jim Bob Duggar thread

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I went to a conservative christian wedding last year. The most shocking thing to me (besides the horrible health of nearly all the family members, I'd be shocked if most of them made it another ten years) was the fact that the ceremony felt like nothing more than a transfer of title from the bride's father to her husband. Like she was finally being deeded over at his will, not hers.

The bride was in her mid thirties.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

shirts and skins posted:

I went to a conservative christian wedding last year. The most shocking thing to me (besides the horrible health of nearly all the family members, I'd be shocked if most of them made it another ten years) was the fact that the ceremony felt like nothing more than a transfer of title from the bride's father to her husband. Like she was finally being deeded over at his will, not hers.

what model of ford pickup truck was the dowry?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

what model of ford pickup truck was the dowry?

76 three on the tree

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

BONE DOG posted:

Listen to the dollop about purity balls. There's all sorts of weird incestuous overtones

there was a dollop about them? I dont know how i missed it. i loving love the dollop

I may have listened to this already it was episode 2

AkumaHokoru has issued a correction as of 03:20 on Aug 5, 2018

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Lets not forget dads posing with their daughter threatening their prome date with a gun

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

shirts and skins posted:

the fact that the ceremony felt like nothing more than a transfer of title from the bride's father to her husband. Like she was finally being deeded over at his will, not hers.

You realize this is what a marriage is, right? A family is giving their daughter to her husband's family. It's why she changes her last name.

Deep down this is the reason people were against gay marriage including alot of gay people, but nobody wanted to actually make the argument because when you get down to it marriage itself is kind of an awful sexist thing.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

pushpins posted:

Lets not forget dads posing with their daughter threatening their prome date with a gun

Brian Kemp in Georgia literally ran on this ad campaign

https://youtu.be/EQBENgYJxgs

This guy is currently secretary of state and a former state house rep. Ugggghhh

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

pushpins posted:

Personal fav is the dad who's way more into his daughter's BF than she is. It is a unique but exquisite taste :discourse:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

1redflag posted:

Brian Kemp in Georgia literally ran on this ad campaign

https://youtu.be/EQBENgYJxgs

This guy is currently secretary of state and a former state house rep. Ugggghhh

Well at least that's only until he wins the seat of governor in november

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

lizardman posted:

You realize this is what a marriage is, right? A family is giving their daughter to her husband's family. It's why she changes her last name.

Deep down this is the reason people were against gay marriage including alot of gay people, but nobody wanted to actually make the argument because when you get down to it marriage itself is kind of an awful sexist thing.

Yes, I realize it's what the tradition of marriage *was*, particularly when women had no societal agency. It's a far cry from what marriage is in TYOOL 2018, when (as you note) we permit things like same sex marriage and divorce. It's a contractual relationship these days, at least for people who recognize that women are people. Which is why this ceremony was anachronistic. Which is why I brought it up. So thank you for explaining to me why it was strange to me.

It was like something out of the middle ages for a 14 year old bride. This woman was like 35 and an accountant. She has a house. It's loving weird and alien that her society still infantilizes her to this extent.

shirts and skins has issued a correction as of 13:37 on Aug 5, 2018

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lizardman posted:

You realize these days you don't have to legally match your last names after getting married right? And that the dude could even change his to hers if he so wanted? What do you imagine same sex couples have been doing this whole time lol.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Grape posted:

You realize these days you don't have to legally match your last names after getting married right? And that the dude could even change his to hers if he so wanted? What do you imagine same sex couples have been doing this whole time lol.
Easy, they fight over who gets to be the man.

(Given the number of immigrants in the US, it kinda seems strange to me that people would expect people to adhere to the maiden-name thing. I don't think it's actually particularly common world-wide, and certainly isn't the rule in Spanish-speaking countries.)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

BONE DOG posted:

Ok so Marines are people but volunteering to go kill other people and potentially die yourself for a handful of oligarchs makes you a fundamentally broken person

don't forget my GI bill and disability checks for life

communism loving owns, as does killing people

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
bookmarked

loved

jizzed to all this

got a 12 hour shadowban on twitter after hate-twooting the national soybean council and their faces of tariffs nerds

11/10 A+++++++ would again

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Roki B posted:

bookmarked

loved

jizzed to all this

got a 12 hour shadowban on twitter after hate-twooting the national soybean council and their faces of tariffs nerds

Im happy for you.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Roki B posted:

bookmarked

loved

jizzed to all this

Faces of Death 2: Faces of Tariffs

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1026466390977466369

thats a lol

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You know what they say, sometimes you gotta lose jobs to make jobs

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
losing my jobs to own the libs?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

AkumaHokoru posted:

there was a slate article about purity balls several years ago and yeah, turns out one of the conservative dads that they interviewed got convicted for molesting his daughter

https://brucegerencser.net/2017/06/jodi-heckert-pledged-to-protect-his-daughters-virginity-now-in-prison-for-child-molestation/

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gringostar posted:

there was a slate article about purity balls several years ago and yeah, turns out one of the conservative dads that they interviewed got convicted for molesting his daughter

https://brucegerencser.net/2017/06/jodi-heckert-pledged-to-protect-his-daughters-virginity-now-in-prison-for-child-molestation/

I threw up in my mouth.
gently caress the picture in the article is creepy enough. her body language screams resistance and disassociation :(

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
here's a random reminder that 1 in 9 girls gets molested before reaching 18, and most underage molestation happens in the family.

11% is a loving epidemic by any standard, but nobody can talk about it because doing research on paedophilia openly gets you shitlisted from society, so it's all hush-hush bullshit.

vvvv: gently caress that's an incredibly good point

Truga has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Aug 6, 2018

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Truga posted:

here's a random reminder that 1 in 9 girls gets molested before reaching 18, and most underage molestation happens in the family.

11% is a loving epidemic by any standard, but nobody can talk about it because doing research on paedophilia openly gets you shitlisted from society, so it's all hush-hush bullshit.

society is run by rich white men, and as the president so famously said, someone's doing the raping

also trump seems to mostly have sex with women that look like his daughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

hey you know how all cops are bastards?

marines are like, turbo-bastards