Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

dpack_1 posted:

Less obvious and a gently caress ton cooler are magnetic implants.

Until you need an MRI and they have to be removed

CzarChasm posted:

Because I'm paranoid and this is the first place my mind goes, what do you do in case an MRI is needed?

fak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Scathach posted:

I have a friend that has had a magnet in his finger for almost a decade. You can't really see it. He wins tons of free beer at bars betting people he can pick their lighter up with the tip of his finger.

If it's that strong a magnet, doesn't he constantly erase his credit cards?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Okay I hate to say it because I'm a goddamn squeamish rear end, but extreme body mods are kinda extremely uncomfortable and this is actually the tattoo thread. Can they be spoilered maybe or tagged nms or something? :smith:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Domus posted:

If it's that strong a magnet, doesn't he constantly erase his credit cards?

He has it in his off hand so probably not. I'll have to ask.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

silvergoose posted:

Okay I hate to say it because I'm a goddamn squeamish rear end, but extreme body mods are kinda extremely uncomfortable and this is actually the tattoo thread. Can they be spoilered maybe or tagged nms or something? :smith:

Not to be a buzzkill but I want to second this, not because it bothers me (yet) but I don't want this to turn in to an off-shoot AUG thread. That thread can get loving... AUG sometimes (or last I checked)...

Maybe just link it with a "dude getting scarification" or "Hellraiser wanna-be" or something?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

silvergoose posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Tasteless Tattoos: Tag your gore/hand magnets

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Here's a related podcast you should listen to

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I actually agree with some of the body mod stuff.

Healed things are a bit more palatable but even as a practitioner of the stuff, it can get pretty drat gory and those that take photos posing with the process being done, or immediately after, are clearly looking for the shock value of it more than anything.

Sorry I don't have any poo poo tattoo content to make this post anything more than an agreement that we can not post heavy body procedures here. By all means go throw them in the piercing megathread, folk there are more used to that kinda stuff.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Gotcha. Moving on!

You know that really annoying rapper with all the stupid tattoos? His are real, but you can "do it for the 'gram" if you want!

It's a lady getting tattooed on her forehead. No blood. :)

Let's make it go viral! I'm kidding. I'm very, very not convinced hers isn't real, and if it is...well. Good luck, I guess.

But that same tattoo artist also works in the style of everyone's favorite guessing game: What Is That Supposed to Say?
First up -

"Live" and "Life"

Then we have -

I'm actually not sure with the top one. It's something along the lines of "Cashden" or "Kaiden" or "Kashden"...maybe. The other one is "Rubin" but I think the guy's name is "Ruben" with an 'e' so I have no idea

And a refreshing twist on an old classic to round things out!

Also, I've never seen a machine like that one in the .gif. Is that a new thing or am I just really unobservant? It could be both, of course.

Vato has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Aug 6, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vato posted:

But that same tattoo artist also works in the style of everyone's favorite guessing game: What Is That Supposed to Say?
First up -

"Live" and "Life"

I first thought it said "Five" and "Live" and now I wonder if there are any Short Circuit tattoos out there.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Vato posted:

Gotcha. Moving on!

You know that really annoying rapper with all the stupid tattoos? His are real, but you can "do it for the 'gram" if you want!

Let's make it go viral! I'm kidding. I'm very, very not convinced hers isn't real, and if it is...well. Good luck, I guess.

First up -

"Live" and "Life"

Then we have -

I'm actually not sure with the top one. It's something along the lines of "Cashden" or "Kaiden" or "Kashden"...maybe. The other one is "Rubin" but I think the guy's name is "Ruben" with an 'e' so I have no idea

TIN 5 IRN
RUHIN

who is ruhin :confused:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Knim and bubin. It's Latvian.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Vato posted:

Gotcha. Moving on!

First up -

"Live" and "Life"

Then we have -

Also, I've never seen a machine like that one in the .gif. Is that a new thing or am I just really unobservant? It could be both, of course.

Wow, imagine having a tribute tattoo for a known pedophile rapist on your face for the rest of your life.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

jit bull transpile posted:

Wow, imagine having a tribute tattoo for a known pedophile rapist on your face for the rest of your life.

Alas, a Google image search of "Jared Fogle tattoo" didn't yield anything besides the Skillet kid.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

whypick1 posted:

Alas, a Google image search of "Jared Fogle tattoo" didn't yield anything besides the Skillet kid.

You heard it here first Takeshi sixnine is Jared fogles alter ego

Brother keeps the beats fresh
In the morning he gots ta eats fresh
In his ride he keeps the streets fresh
And on the girls he likes the teats fresh

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm glad I don't know tekashi six nine lyrics

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

nerve posted:

I'm glad I don't know tekashi six nine lyrics

neither do i, but i assume his bars are even more basic than my dumb joke

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

CommonShore posted:

Knim and bubin. It's Latvian.

Urban Dictionary: knim
Very neatly organized so that all parts fit together perfectly. Symmetry is generally a requisite for knimness, but not necessarily.

Urban Dictionary: Bubin
A Motherfucking guy hates someone for you.

A neatly organized symmetrical motherfucking guy that hates someone for you. Thanks urban dictionary!

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Haifisch posted:

It came from a local tattoo place:

I am the KISS boot to the left.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Vato posted:

Where's the nipple?

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Shoulder blade, not pec.

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Shoulder blade, not pec.

It's a pec. You can see the edge of the areola at the very bottom, attempting to flee the scene of the crime.

Vortex Street has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Aug 8, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I had a guy with one of those upside down/right side up indecipherable tattoos on his forearm arm and it was HUGE but I was too nervous to pretend to be interested and take a picture.

I HATE those tattoos.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Got a few from a council estate Facebook group.

(It’s a memorial piece for her mum)

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010
We live with the ? we chose ?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"soars", duh.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Meaningful/personal/inspirational tattoos next to disposable jokes" is my new favorite tat style

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Thin Privilege posted:

I had a guy with one of those upside down/right side up indecipherable tattoos on his forearm arm and it was HUGE but I was too nervous to pretend to be interested and take a picture.

I HATE those tattoos.

Ambigrams is the technical term for that bullshit.

I assume the dead mother liked crosswords, which is a sweet thought, but maybe having a human do the tattoo instead of a drunken badger would have worked out better.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
“Traumatic things are only traumatic if you, like, let them be, man,” he said to the rape victim

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

this is great

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

A story illustrated in 4 parts.

Got an email from someone that said they have had 7 tattoos in the past 2 weeks from a "studio" and she thinks the first 2 came out fine, but there are some that "need to be finished".

Here is the excerpt for why she cant go back to the "artist":

- "I can't go back to this other guy because I have proof he is a cocaine addict which explains everything to me as there were so many problems when I went back after the first one. No organisation, chaotic, He was very rude, insulting me and offending me during the last session. He picked up medicinal cannabis while we were outside having a fag between tattoos. I'm not against cannabis at all, I smoke it myself in the evenings but it's not professional to pick up drugs in front of a client lol I don't care how laid back I am I'm still a paying client! The 3 days were a nightmare, he ran out of gloves, Vaseline, and kitchen roll 2 of the days. He threw away inks while he was tattooing me moaning about the heat ruining them and they are worth thousands so he was in a bad mood on all 3 days. He was so agitated he took it out on one of my tattoos and because that one got infected I was sent to the hospital and the doctor said the guy has sliced into my leg and that the tattoo will scar and always be raised. I take the pain of tattoos well, they don't bother me and all my tattoos are in colour (or supposed to be) but when he did that one I was at the pint of tapping out because I thought I was going to pass out. He was digging into my leg and it was bleeding badly.
All in all I am gutted. I really need these tattoos finished." -

On to the tattoos in question:

Reference:

Tattoo:

Reference:

Tattoo:

Reference:

Tattoo:

Reference:

Tattoo:

I feel so sorry for the woman, I mean she is part to blame for continuing to go back after just an hour of work from the guy, but she's elderly, clearly being duped and manipulated and well, her body is just ruined.

These are unfixable, they cannot be "finished" or saved in any way. They are so large that covering them in any meaningful way would be days of work. They are so badly done that I doubt laser removal is really an option especially the colour stuff, even if it were that'd be immensely painful to remove and require dozens of sessions.

Just... urgh...

How on earth do I reply to that email and gently say "you have let someone completely ruin your body for life, please report them to the authorities as i doubt they are licensed, they have fraudulently conned you, you witnessed drugs on a 'professional' environment and good luck wearing clothes that cover every inch of those atrocities for the foreseeable future - we cannot fix that or help in any way"

dpack_1 has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Aug 9, 2018

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

dpack_1 posted:

A story illustrated in 4 parts.

Got an email from someone that said they have had 7 tattoos in the past 2 weeks from a "studio" and she thinks the first 2 came out fine, but there are some that "need to be finished".

Here is the excerpt for why she cant go back to the "artist":

- "I can't go back to this other guy because I have proof he is a cocaine addict which explains everything to me as there were so many problems when I went back after the first one. No organisation, chaotic, He was very rude, insulting me and offending me during the last session. He picked up medicinal cannabis while we were outside having a fag between tattoos. I'm not against cannabis at all, I smoke it myself in the evenings but it's not professional to pick up drugs in front of a client lol I don't care how laid back I am I'm still a paying client! The 3 days were a nightmare, he ran out of gloves, Vaseline, and kitchen roll 2 of the days. He threw away inks while he was tattooing me moaning about the heat ruining them and they are worth thousands so he was in a bad mood on all 3 days. He was so agitated he took it out on one of my tattoos and because that one got infected I was sent to the hospital and the doctor said the guy has sliced into my leg and that the tattoo will scar and always be raised. I take the pain of tattoos well, they don't bother me and all my tattoos are in colour (or supposed to be) but when he did that one I was at the pint of tapping out because I thought I was going to pass out. He was digging into my leg and it was bleeding badly.
All in all I am gutted. I really need these tattoos finished." -

On to the tattoos in question:

Reference:

Tattoo:

Reference:

Tattoo:

Reference:

Tattoo:

Reference:

Tattoo:

I feel so sorry for the woman, I mean she is part to blame for continuing to go back after just an hour of work from the guy, but she's elderly, clearly being duped and manipulated and well, her body is just ruined.

These are unfixable, they cannot be "finished" or saved in any way. They are so large that covering them in any meaningful way would be days of work. They are so badly done that I doubt laser removal is really an option especially the colour stuff, even if it were that'd be immensely painful to remove and require dozens of sessions.

Just... urgh...

How on earth do I reply to that email and gently say "you have let someone completely ruin your body for life, please report them to the authorities as i doubt they are licensed, they have fraudulently conned you, you witnessed drugs on a 'professional' environment and good luck wearing clothes that cover every inch of those atrocities for the foreseeable future - we cannot fix that or help in any way"

Who gets 7 tattoos in two weeks? Lordy.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Should probably NSFW one of those pics for full areola and partial nipple.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Should probably NSFW one of those pics for full areola and partial nipple.

Didn't even notice that when dealing with the full size photos being twice the resolution of my screen, and focusing on the horrific tattoos. Have cropped it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I kind of wonder what is with people seeing tattoos/designs on the internet that is clearly done by a competent artist and then assuming some rando can do it for like 30$. Do they think everyone who can pick up a pencil can replicate the Sistine chapel? :psyduck:

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
gently caress, that really sucks. It's one thing if someone had a bad tattoo but thinks its good, and another when the person thinks its bad and has to live with it. Hopefully she can get some lazer / blastovers / coverups to help out.

Xun posted:

I kind of wonder what is with people seeing tattoos/designs on the internet that is clearly done by a competent artist and then assuming some rando can do it for like 30$. Do they think everyone who can pick up a pencil can replicate the Sistine chapel? :psyduck:

Outside of this thread, I expect most people think of tattoo artists as laser printers for skin. Actual artistic ability doesn't even cross their minds.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Lechtansi posted:

Outside of this thread, I expect most people think of tattoo artists as laser printers for skin. Actual artistic ability doesn't even cross their minds.

It's this.

People dont see it as art, they remember the days of just walking into a studio full of flash in catalogues and on the walls that they would pick from and get tattooed. They just assume it's like tracing something on paper but done with a machine, so hand over these 'references' that they have found on the internet and believe the 'tattoo guy' just puts that on them and there is no difference in quality, they think people that charge £100's per hour are just elitist pricks trying to scam the general public rather than seeing that the 'artist' charging £20 and a case of beer is the one doing the scamming.

Even if i reply to this woman saying we 'could' cover it all, but each piece is gonna take a good couple days to cover at nearly £500 a day and so costing her upwards of £4000 in total she's gonna think we are trying to take advantage of her and possibly leave a poo poo review saying as such. There is no winning with people that have that mind set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Lechtansi posted:

Tattoos use ink, not plastic :v:

dpack_1 posted:

Even if i reply to this woman saying we 'could' cover it all, but each piece is gonna take a good couple days to cover at nearly £500 a day and so costing her upwards of £4000 in total she's gonna think we are trying to take advantage of her and possibly leave a poo poo review saying as such. There is no winning with people that have that mind set.

Yeah, the only ones who win here are everyone else in this thread (even if that story made me more :smith: than what usually gets posted here).