Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

USSAr posted:

also blowing your TV ad money in CA and NY is a brilliant move

she never actually spent money in ca and ny outside of the primary, but she did do national buys because there was basically no tv ad inventory left in swing states, so it ended up being more cost-effective.

etalian posted:

Hey CC how did Hillary end up spending 1.4 billion dollars?

I guess having nerds staring at data analytics screens flashing things like "Don't visit WI" instead of actually talking with people?

they talked to a lot of people, but it was the same people over and over again basically. but yes they did dump as much money as possible into tv and youtube ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

they talked to a lot of people, but it was the same people over and over again basically. but yes they did dump as much money as possible into tv and youtube ads.

So the Fight Song youtube video did cost lots of money?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It took me a moment to put my finger on what makes this sound bourgeois. First, it's the idea that people live like they're in a holiday department store commercial. Second, it's the assumption that people have the time (e.g. vacation days on any days other than December 24 and December 25) for that. Third, in this context "health insurance" makes people think of it as a chore. It emphasizes the debate in an academic context, not a "fight for your right to healthcare and fight for the lives of people who need it". It draws more attention from the political consultant class and "political news junkies" than the actual working class. It's like they'd expect people to say "I am fired up and ready go discuss the intersection between actuarial science and reducing mortality rates" or something. The first two factors probably contribute more, though.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

etalian posted:

no this did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoXDe8HxHBA

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the hillary campaign spent 1.4 bil and only knocked on like 700k doors lmbo

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

reminder, that song was actually produced to play at the dnc.

they tortured the delegates with that song twice.

quote:

Some Clinton staffers, however, are defending the track.

"'Fight Song’ is an anthem. ‘Fight Song’ is a way of f––ing life," one staffer told Yahoo. “It unironically brings me joy.”

“I actually love ‘Fight Song.’ It represents how Hillary Clinton will never give up, and she will do everything she can to make sure families get ahead and stay ahead,” said Christopher Huntley, the campaign’s director of millennial media.

also it's really funny that the campaign had a "director of millenial media," which basically just shows exactly how dedicated they were to the task of giving jobs to as many of their friends as possible regardless of how asinine it was

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
director of Hey There, Fellow Youths

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

sanders, the most popular politician in the country atm, is simply not relevant says the guy running dailykos

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"'Succ Zone" is an anthem. "Succ Zone" is a way of loving life. It unironically brings me joy.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

michigan was where they stuck garbage staff they didn't trust with a tier 1 swing state like florida.

you ever reflect on the poo poo you say and ever think for a moment you might be hopelessly stuck inside the beltway bubble

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

GalacticAcid posted:

Hahah is this the first time you have seen Pajama Boy
No, but I had clearly repressed the insanity of it to protect my brain. Now I'm living it twice.

Percelus posted:

sanders, the most popular politician in the country atm, is simply not relevant says the guy running dailykos
He is on TV so its true.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

but she did do national buys because there was basically no tv ad inventory left in swing states, so it ended up being more cost-effective.

Rep. G.K. Butterfield, the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, said he has heard similar concerns and is specifically worried about the Clinton campaign’s investment in African American communities. Butterfield noted they could make the difference in a state like his home of North Carolina, which President Obama lost by 14,000 votes in 2012.

“I don’t know why we have been unsuccessful in being able to make the case for a significant investment in grassroots get out the vote,” Butterfield said. “On the Clinton side and on the DSCC side, I’ve been trying to get them to increase their commitment. They have made some investments, but it’s not enough. “

So far, the Clinton campaign has spent about $21 million on television ads in the state, but far less than the $300,000 Butterfield says could turnout 50,000 African American voters there.

“I just want my friends who run national campaigns to know that it is the local communities that get the job done,” he said. “I think there’s an opinion that it’s not a good investment and that opinion is flawed.”

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hillary had a very large field operation with tons of offices and staff, it wasn't just a website

yeah and she immediately squandered it in favor of getting more corporate dollars

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Hillary Clinton could have paid canvassers $10 per door and knocked on 150 million doors

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

"'Succ Zone" is an anthem. "Succ Zone" is a way of loving life.

Thread title plz

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like she had the entire obama gotv operation that even propelled lovely 2012 obama to victory, but even that small expenditure was too much waste

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Percelus posted:

you ever reflect on the poo poo you say and ever think for a moment you might be hopelessly stuck inside the beltway bubble

dude it's not like these people are locals. that state was run by primary staff from new hampshire and other places where hillary was poo poo-housed by bernie. they were looked down upon by other hillary staff and decided they should be placed in michigan because everyone is too cowardly to fire people who aren't actually good at their jobs.

of course, that doesn't imply the other staff were good. they were also bad, but they thought they were really good.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

that anybody even tangentially involved w/ the clinton campaign can still find employment in their field is reason numero uno for why the democratics are foreverial losers lmbo

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Rep. G.K. Butterfield, the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, said he has heard similar concerns and is specifically worried about the Clinton campaign’s investment in African American communities. Butterfield noted they could make the difference in a state like his home of North Carolina, which President Obama lost by 14,000 votes in 2012.

“I don’t know why we have been unsuccessful in being able to make the case for a significant investment in grassroots get out the vote,” Butterfield said. “On the Clinton side and on the DSCC side, I’ve been trying to get them to increase their commitment. They have made some investments, but it’s not enough. “

So far, the Clinton campaign has spent about $21 million on television ads in the state, but far less than the $300,000 Butterfield says could turnout 50,000 African American voters there.

“I just want my friends who run national campaigns to know that it is the local communities that get the job done,” he said. “I think there’s an opinion that it’s not a good investment and that opinion is flawed.”

butterfield wanted them to give money to the "local community," i.e. his friends, and went to the press to try and pressure them into doing it. this is the exact same trick florida people tried to use in 2012 to get obama to give them money.

hillary had hundreds of staff in north carolina and a paid canvass, it wasn't like they refused to spend $300k.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
abdul el sayed had a rally in a black church in Ypsi and only white people showed up lol

https://twitter.com/MattDargay/status/1023656083620089856

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

like she had the entire obama gotv operation that even propelled lovely 2012 obama to victory, but even that small expenditure was too much waste

Obama worked backwards from the conclusion that he was going to lose and everyone on his campaign allegedly was told they needed to work like they were going to lose until final results confirmed that they were going to win.

Whereas hillary seemed to conclude that she was going to win and worked from that angle to create as much staff infighting and loyalty cliques as possible to see who she could trust to bring with her to the white house

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

*extremely not disingenuous lib voice* wow i cant believe AOC wants to nuke japan and invade vietnam smdh

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

dude it's not like these people are locals. that state was run by primary staff from new hampshire and other places where hillary was poo poo-housed by bernie. they were looked down upon by other hillary staff and decided they should be placed in michigan because everyone is too cowardly to fire people who aren't actually good at their jobs.

of course, that doesn't imply the other staff were good. they were also bad, but they thought they were really good.

i agree they should have gotten rid of people bad at their jobs starting with clinton

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

butterfield wanted them to give money to the "local community," i.e. his friends, and went to the press to try and pressure them into doing it. this is the exact same trick florida people tried to use in 2012 to get obama to give them money.

hillary had hundreds of staff in north carolina and a paid canvass, it wasn't like they refused to spend $300k.

except by all accounts most of them had nothing to do because her highness was busy soliciting donations from the rich

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yes that bastion of relevancy, dailykos

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LinYutang posted:

abdul el sayed had a rally in a black church in Ypsi and only white people showed up lol

https://twitter.com/MattDargay/status/1023656083620089856

Yes, those progressive black theists did indeed fail to show up

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol the clinton campaign had one office in northeastern nc where like a couple hundred thousand black people live whoopsie

hey remember when obama won florida in 2012

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
hillary's state director in florida is now in charge of the entire dscc national field program, because obviously that makes a lot of sense.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Obama worked backwards from the conclusion that he was going to lose and everyone on his campaign allegedly was told they needed to work like they were going to lose until final results confirmed that they were going to win.

Whereas hillary seemed to conclude that she was going to win and worked from that angle to create as much staff infighting and loyalty cliques as possible to see who she could trust to bring with her to the white house

tbf he probably WAS going to lose until romney was somehow too unlikable even for chuds

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol the clinton campaign had one office in northeastern nc where like a couple hundred thousand black people live whoopsie

hey remember when obama won florida in 2012

obama didn't actually give them the money lol

one thing the obama field people were "famous" for was never, ever giving money to local "experts"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hillary's state director in florida is now in charge of the entire dscc national field program, because obviously that makes a lot of sense.

Lmao

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Yinlock posted:

did she? i thought obama held onto his operations and largely didn't share them with the rest of the party

kinda like how Hillary charged the party millions of dollars for her email lists after she lost

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Main Paineframe posted:

did she? i thought obama held onto his operations and largely didn't share them with the rest of the party

kinda like how Hillary charged the party millions of dollars for her email lists after she lost

iirc obama also installed one of his OFA goons at the new organizing institute and gutted it from the inside out

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

What is with the gay bug in pajamas?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

We need someone the voters can identify with, like that wimpy dude from Big Bang Theory.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

more like the daily kys

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

this isn't an adam friedland joke?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
adam has way nicer hair and cooler glasses

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

"'Succ Zone" is an anthem. "Succ Zone" is a way of loving life. It unironically brings me joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

EugeneJ posted:

This is my Succ Zone. Dems keep on succ zone