Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think it's more of a Mr. Briney thing, where the boat will only ever serve as a connection point between a couple areas, only without the charm of Mr. Briney or a remotely rational reason for the boat being unavailable until that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McDragon posted:

Or Suicune could just purify the water. Or Tapu Fini. And Vaporeon can "freely control water" so that could help.

I guess it is PULSEllution though since that super Muk is doing it

Of course. How could I have forgotten about the mighty Suicune. I guess it's probably avoiding this place like this dog with whatever's being offered to it though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

queserasera posted:

I know Reborn will take the boat away from us, it's just a matter of when and why. (Is there a kraken Pokerman? My money's on that. And you can't catch it because reasons.}

It may just remember that the water was meant to be so polluted that even this boat wouldn't be able to take more than one journey...only to be perfectly in-tact as if nothing happened.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
You know what really annoys me about Pulse designs? Mega designs typically take an old aspect of a pokemon and then ramp that up to a billion but none of the Pulse designs... DO that. They just... are. Here's Tangrowth slapped with a bunch of metal bits, does it do anything to expand upon Tangrowths design? Nope.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

You know what really annoys me about Pulse designs? Mega designs typically take an old aspect of a pokemon and then ramp that up to a billion but none of the Pulse designs... DO that. They just... are. Here's Tangrowth slapped with a bunch of metal bits, does it do anything to expand upon Tangrowths design? Nope.

I don't think that's bad. PULSE designs seem to want to take a mon and make it more mechanical and unnatural, showing the effects evil machinery is having upon them. This, in itself, is a good idea - it fits the mood they're going for (even if said mood is horrible) and makes a clear difference with Mega Evolution (which, as you said, is an exaggeration of the original design).

The main issue is laziness. PULSE Tangrowth is a good design that clearly hits what they were going for. PULSE Muk is lazy as poo poo and looks barely different from regular Muk, not even the pose changed.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Blaze Dragon posted:

It may just remember that the water was meant to be so polluted that even this boat wouldn't be able to take more than one journey...only to be perfectly in-tact as if nothing happened.

Not even that. Boats aren't meant to be able to sail at all. But nope this boat was just chillin' in the super corrosive water like it's no big deal and you can just... go back and forth as you like.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think it's more of a Mr. Briney thing, where the boat will only ever serve as a connection point between a couple areas, only without the charm of Mr. Briney or a remotely rational reason for the boat being unavailable until that point.

You win a prize.

It's like Mr. Briney except if it were a hostage situation instead of a polite errand.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

MightyPretenders posted:

Been forever since I've seen that sentiment here. I figured people had gotten tired of that particular fake hate meme. Figures it comes up in this thread.
What meme are we talking about here?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Geemer posted:

Pulse Octillery

Yes please! I want more octillery

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

I've obsessed over Pokemon Reborn so much, I have a color-coded 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17.

BlackPersona posted:

So actually I've got a friend who is/was a regular on that forum, and I asked him to look that up out of curiosity, since I recognized that LPer's name. He found someone with the exact same name as yours posting months after that LP died, sometimes triple posting after that bump. Now, I'm not exactly saying it's bad to have something to obsess over, but I think doing that over Pokemon Reborn isn't the best thing to do, friend.

To be honest, I couldn’t tell that it was dead at first. The updates were slower, there were less and less people showing up, and then after a whole year without an update, I asked if something was wrong. Someone replied with “Jackal quit a while ago, dude” (or something of the like). I’m not sure how I missed it, whether he said it in the forum itself or if it was said in some other site he had, but that was the end of that.
You have a pretty good point about obsessing over Reborn, though. I’ve obsessed over it so much, I have a completely unorganized (though randomly color-coded) 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17. All so I won’t forget certain plot details that barely have any attention given to them until days-months of irl time later (a year or so in the case of waiting between updates). I could just put Pokemon Reborn behind me... but managing to beat nigh-impossible bosses (typically using an Impostor Ditto) and doing all the random sidequests is fun for me, so *shrugs*.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

F14m3rz posted:

To be honest, I couldn’t tell that it was dead at first. The updates were slower, there were less and less people showing up, and then after a whole year without an update, I asked if something was wrong. Someone replied with “Jackal quit a while ago, dude” (or something of the like). I’m not sure how I missed it, whether he said it in the forum itself or if it was said in some other site he had, but that was the end of that.

I'm also not sure how you missed it, but I bolded the part that should've tipped you off.

F14m3rz posted:

You have a pretty good point about obsessing over Reborn, though. I’ve obsessed over it so much, I have a completely unorganized (though randomly color-coded) 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17. All so I won’t forget certain plot details that barely have any attention given to them until days-months of irl time later (a year or so in the case of waiting between updates). I could just put Pokemon Reborn behind me... but managing to beat nigh-impossible bosses (typically using an Impostor Ditto) and doing all the random sidequests is fun for me, so *shrugs*.

:allbuttons:
For someone who is "glad that there's an active forum that's finally taking this fangame down a peg, showing the world how and why it's not as great as everyone says it is, whether through game balance, the fact that it's basically an RP being turned into a Pokemon game with real people's baggage put into it, or just how unnaturally abhorrent the grimderp can get at times," you sure seem to be in loving love with it. Have you considered going outside? And maybe posting less? Or not posting at all? Please?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
:magical:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I'm the guy making the LP and I can safely say I care about Reborn less than you. Something's wrong.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

:cripes:

That’s just... Waaaaay too much information.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Geemer posted:

I'm also not sure how you missed it, but I bolded the part that should've tipped you off.

:allbuttons:
For someone who is "glad that there's an active forum that's finally taking this fangame down a peg, showing the world how and why it's not as great as everyone says it is, whether through game balance, the fact that it's basically an RP being turned into a Pokemon game with real people's baggage put into it, or just how unnaturally abhorrent the grimderp can get at times," you sure seem to be in loving love with it. Have you considered going outside? And maybe posting less? Or not posting at all? Please?

Considering this is a Pokemon game made by someone who claims to hate Pokemon games, among other things, I don't think this is quite unique to this person...

Still, everything about this is :magical:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I'm the guy making the LP and I can safely say I care about Reborn less than you. Something's wrong.

His name is Flamerz, I think that's his plan

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

F14m3rz posted:

pokestomper58.txt

Okay, so, did anyone remember to add a space to the lovely fangame bingo card for "attracts someone with an unhealthy obsession with the game to the thread"?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
im permabanned poster orphanstomper58. i first started reading reborn when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “these topics are not just thrown in to be edgy, either, they are treated with the respect such a subject deserves” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "level caps” and “i need strength to move one rock” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "respectful" style of reborn was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of overtuning boss battles and obnoxious puzzles. i would advise all people who “get” reborn to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to edgy. peace.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

im permabanned poster orphanstomper58. i first started reading reborn when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “these topics are not just thrown in to be edgy, either, they are treated with the respect such a subject deserves” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "level caps” and “i need strength to move one rock” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "respectful" style of reborn was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of overtuning boss battles and obnoxious puzzles. i would advise all people who “get” reborn to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to edgy. peace.

:golfclap:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

:master:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:bravo:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

:perfect:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:thurman:

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

(AN: if u dont know who Raven is then get da hell out of here!)

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

:emptyquote:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Suddenly it was all worth it. Kind of.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Please tell me this will get archived. As an update of its own.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Elric posted:

What meme are we talking about here?

Something Awful has a rich history of mock threads which post samples of the darker goings-on on the internet and laugh at them. Often people who were the subject of such threads would find out about the mock threads and register an account to either defend themselves or join in on the mockery. The former obviously would only contribute to the thread, but the latter often had some kind of perennial need to embarrass themselves in every single post they made. TVTropes in particular had a "this troper" segment on every wiki page where people would post extremely awkward or outright fabricated anecdotes from their lives that they felt resembled the trope in question, which the site admin ended up deleting in a fit of embarassment, but goons kept mocking the toxic, insular community on their discussion forum. I'm not sure what that poster's personal stake in TVTropes is, or how it's a meme, but I do know that there's still a handful of active goons who are TVTropes refugees that eventually severed from that site.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

You're welcome...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wikis are more fun to read, than participate. Once you start participating, it becomes awful.

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009

iospace posted:

Wikis are more fun to read, than participate. Once you start participating, it becomes awful.

Such as a months-long argument on whether or not a cow can be "suspecting" of someone trying to tip it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Cow_tipping/Archive_3

edit for content: So, wait, the only way to get the Strength HM is to complete a course on... Something, and graduate, which you have to do if there is any obstacle in the entirety of the Reborn region that is too big for a human to move on their own? That seems like a massive detour that should have been changed when the Reborn League opened... and super discriminatory for people who can't pass the course or don't agree with it. What exactly is the point?

RyuHimora fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 6, 2018

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

His name is Flamerz, I think that's his plan
No his name is Fonefourmthreerz.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

:five:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

nine-gear crow posted:

You're welcome...

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
This thread is far better than the actual game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

You're welcome...

:vince:

This almost offsets the agony of having to read Reborn.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

What an up and down ride these past two pages have been.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

This is the first time ever I'm not irritated that having to check on reports made me lose my bookmark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

What an up and down ride these past two pages have been.

:emptyquote: