Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what the gently caress are you doing on a laptop that requires 32gb of ram?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

infernal machines posted:

web browsing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
and why not just buy some compal whitelabel if you need some unicorn spec pos?

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jabor posted:

web browsing

:chome:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

so chrome hasn’t changed much then

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

lol at wanting to do things on a laptop.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

just lug around one of those thunderbolt graphics enclosures. smaller than a galaxy note

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is there a gaming phone yet?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

absolutely
https://rog.asus.com/articles/smartphones/announcing-the-rog-phone-changing-the-game-for-mobile/

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

other than the ngage?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

taco phone

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there was also the sony xperia, but i think that would be the last phone that could qualify as a gaming device

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

there's a razer phone and a few others, too. years ago sony made a frankenstein phone that had android 2.3 and could play some PSP games. outside of that, there's a few tablets and a couple console-wannabe devices that output to your TV and use a controller

don't forget the ouya

p.s. and jeff bezos's fire tablets (starring charlton heston)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

non-web dev

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I almost took my iPhone 4 back to Verizon to see if I could exchange it for the Xperia Play or whatever it was called

I wonder what life for me would be like today if I did that .

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

xperia? more like xperi- *tina belcher voice* -aaaaaaaaaaaaa

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i know someone with a Xperia z5 compact, it seems alright to me tbh
they can connect DualShock controllers to it

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

posting from my new yospos-approved iphone se, it's quite nice but why is there no comma on the keyboard

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Crazy Achmed posted:

posting from my new yospos-approved iphone se, it's quite nice but why is there no comma on the keyboard

it’s next to the full stop m8

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

no comma on the main keyboard with the letters, that is. yet there's room for a double sized return key, a mic button and a globe icon thing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ur holding it wrong

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Crazy Achmed posted:

no comma on the main keyboard with the letters, that is. yet there's room for a double sized return key, a mic button and a globe icon thing

did you have a plus or the x previously? there is no comma on my 6s either

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

~Coxy posted:

neither dell nor lenobo will sell let you have 32GB of RAM without spending a million billion dollars so I'm tempted by a gaming laptop even though it's gonna be poo poo

what

The thinkpad t series easily go to 32gb of ram. This includes the T470 and t480

I just got my t25 (25th anniversary thinkpad). It came with 16gb of ram and had a free spot for more ram. I bought another 16gb on ebay for $160 and I now have 32gb of ram

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

in the future, all communications devices are taco phones.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izw9lhInmEo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
sorry, broseph, but i gotta have real buttons. how am i supposed to hand out pixel perfect combos by flailing away at some smudged up screen. :what:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oh no blimp issue posted:

i know someone with a Xperia z5 compact, it seems alright to me tbh
they can connect DualShock controllers to it

finally, i can use a controller to play lovely telephone games!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Crazy Achmed posted:

The ios keyboard is real bad. Install SwiftKey.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the ios 3/4 keyboard was the closest apple ever got to working user input so they course corrected and made it worse with every future update.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

the ios 3/4 keyboard was the closest apple ever got to working user input so they course corrected and made it worse with every future update.

i just want my ios seven wallpapers stored where the rest of the wallpapers are, for easy retrieval

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

President Beep posted:

in the future, all communications devices are taco phones.

pizza phones in europe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Android 9 Pie

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--o-C5U0-t--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470/dr5bc5ytshf3wjvrguzj.mp4

lmao.

going all in on gestures because nobody loving learns anything any more

remember the wild success of bb os x?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
why keep a perfectly good button when we could make it some wacky finger waving gesture instead

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

lmao

cheezy Android 9.1 "Pizza Pie"

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--o-C5U0-t--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470/dr5bc5ytshf3wjvrguzj.mp4

lmao.

im dumbo

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

dsyp

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

lmao.

idgi, ios does this but without the bottom bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, and it's very loving stupid there too

gestures do not make a good navigation method