Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Thoguh posted:

The detainees are generally followers of a religion that forbids alcohol, OP.

that's why i specifically said 'offer,' noob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Raptor1033 posted:

I’m considering voting for Richard painter in next weeks MN DEM primary. am I being a rube?

What is it about him that's making you consider voting for him? If it's his support for Medicare For All, why him and not of the several other people in the primary who support it?

I don't see a single goddamn reason to trust a self-proclaimed centrist who worked for George W. Bush, but maybe you see something I don't?

I'm personally still undecided there, but mostly leaning toward Smith, even though she's a bit succ. Nick Leonard seems all right, though he calls himself The True Progressive a few too many times for my liking. Ali Chehem Ali's heart seems to be in the right place, at least, and I'm kind of leaning toward him too, even though I think I have about as much chance of getting the nomination as he does.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I don't know much about MN but is there any chance the medium-succ dem incumbent with massive name recognition doesn't win?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

The conflict of interest stuff is hysterical. The most insane part is with digital firms that are scraping percentages of fundraising off email fundraising and digital ad buys on top of 8k/m retainers. It's loving extortion, but there's only a small number of digital firms so they get away with it.

Many people ITT could probably be millionaires if they know even the basics of digital marketing.

"digital marketing" aka buying facebook ads and astroturfing reddit

remember when tremps campaign got some facebook sales that worked on-site to help them use facebook ads expertly and the hillary campaign was given the same offer but turned it down because they wouldnt be able to skim off a percentage of the ad buys that way

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

HEY KOOL AID!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Barry Convex posted:

Sure seems like the indiscriminate build-build-build trickle-down approach of YIMBY dogma isn’t actually working, at least not for the people who are most adversely impacted by the housing crisis.

https://apple.news/AuwJI3yxeQBqn10-HL4NCLQ

but the Dems won the working class! That doesn’t mean they have to do poo poo that will actually help them

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

docbeard posted:

What is it about him that's making you consider voting for him? If it's his support for Medicare For All, why him and not of the several other people in the primary who support it?

I don't see a single goddamn reason to trust a self-proclaimed centrist who worked for George W. Bush, but maybe you see something I don't?

I'm personally still undecided there, but mostly leaning toward Smith, even though she's a bit succ. Nick Leonard seems all right, though he calls himself The True Progressive a few too many times for my liking. Ali Chehem Ali's heart seems to be in the right place, at least, and I'm kind of leaning toward him too, even though I think I have about as much chance of getting the nomination as he does.

he talks some about MFA, criticizes Smith about rolling back medic device taxes, supports more mass transit, and loathes YIMBY. also publicly pro choice, pro lgbtq issues, and wants to poo poo down the nickel mine.

Leonard is also on my radar but he hasn’t gotten very much into specifics. seems to mostly be a generic progressive but outly gay

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1026508056006471680?s=19

Aoc for prez

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don't know much about MN but is there any chance the medium-succ dem incumbent with massive name recognition doesn't win?

which one? the one with half a term experience after taking over for franken? or the one where every other option appears to be mentally ill, supports flat rate taxes, or is a literal double murderer running from jail?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

https://twitter.com/CREDOMobile/status/1026518051162742784

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
CORTEZ! *click*

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AOC for dictator

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bernie need to pack the courts and abolish term limits in preparation for AOC's neo-FDR reign

nah
Mar 16, 2009

bernie will abolish the courts

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

Painter's getting talked about a lot though it's hard for me to tell how much is serious competition and how much is just the media demanding a horse race. (If I were just blindly looking at positions, yeah, he looks good on paper. I super don't want Minnesota Nice Joe Manchin, though.)

That said, I think Smith'll probably be the nominee, and will probably win the general election.

Klobuchar isn't going anywhere, more's the pity.

The District 5 House race is almost an embarrassment of progressive riches, by comparison. Though also a "former" republican in the mix because of course there is. I'm almost positive it's gonna be Ilhan Omar, though.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
bernie will institute nite court as the highest legal authority.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

Dear Succ Zone,

Should I vote for Literal Convicted Murderer Leonard Richards in the MN Senate Primary instead of Amy Klobuchar?

(He's actually the technical best of the four people primarying her, in that I can find nothing on his political positions whatsoever, though one presumes he has thoughts on prison reform.)

Also not sure yet who I'm voting for in the election for Al Franken's old Senate seat yet, except probably not the dude who worked for the Bush Administration.

vote prison reform

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

look boomers just want the quality of life they had in the 50s without any of the policies that made that quality possible, why is this so difficult

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

well except the racism, they'll keep that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

bernie will institute nite court krew as the highest legal authority.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yinlock posted:

look boomers just want the quality of life they had in the 50s without any of the policies that made that quality possible, why is this so difficult

Note: it is not necessary, or even preferred, that anyone but boomers have this quality of life as well.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Nastier Nate posted:

let me tell you, this IT career bullshit is for the birds

If I could do it all over I'd start going to young democrat meetings at 16, canvassing for succ dems at 17 and take the rear end-kissing liberal arts school route at 18 to become a DNC consultant right out of college. Weathermen look at politicial consultants and think "wow I wish I could be wrong that much and still keep my job"

note: This isn't strictly dem specific as there are plenty of equally lovely GOP consultants, see Jeb! LCD mailers

yeah but think about how much rear end kissing you have to do with the worlds most insufferable morons?

like sure yeah it pays a lot of money for doing next to no work, but it'd be exactly like working at the deli counter and having some middle age woman yelling at you to make the slices thinner

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Aoc for prez

No, see, she punted on another I/P question, so she is canceled. Sorry for the bad news, but it's for the best, surely.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All power to the soviets

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

Note: it is not necessary, or even preferred, that anyone but boomers have this quality of life as well.

Boomers hold firmly to their deep-set convictions that their children and grandchildren should have worse lives than they did, and made sure of this with their votes in the 80s and 90s

Serf
May 5, 2011

as soon as aoc gains any more popularity there will be weirdos coming out of the woodwork to remind people of the dumb poo poo she's done just like always

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
really problematic of her to call for boots on the ground in Da Nang

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Serf posted:

as soon as aoc gains any more popularity there will be weirdos coming out of the woodwork to remind people of the dumb poo poo she's done just like always

it's backfired so far tho

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1013463926254731265/photo/1

Serf
May 5, 2011

thinking more about the israel stuff tbh and not things she couldn't control

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

how the gently caress was that only a month ago. everything sucks

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/05/business/bankruptcy-older-americans.html

instead of even pretending to want to do something about poo poo like this, the democrats are instead banging the russia drum. olds vote and the democrats are going to get poo poo on again in the midterms

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:woop:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raptor1033 posted:

I’m considering voting for Richard painter in next weeks MN DEM primary. am I being a rube?

Dick Painter~

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

AOC didnt have a refrigerator in her home.

No , no, she had TWO, the 2nd one kept in the garage where the family stored expensive brand beverages like Pepsi and Koolaid

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
please do not put fridges and freezers in your garage it is bad for your electric bill

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

AOC didnt have a refrigerator in her home.

No , no, she had TWO, the 2nd one kept in the garage where the family stored expensive brand beverages like Pepsi and Koolaid

wow, I can’t believe aoc is just another faux-progressive like clinton. how many wall st speeches is she going to make? :rolleyes:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

wow, I can’t believe aoc is just another faux-progressive like clinton. how many wall st speeches is she going to make? :rolleyes:

Does the one where she just points at a random building while standing in the rubble of Goldman-Sachs HQ and says "YOU'RE NEXT" count?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
is it just me being in a bad mood or are libs getting more deranged about AOC

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

RottenK posted:

is it just me being in a bad mood or are libs getting more deranged about AOC

nah this does seem to be happening, probably just another 8%er thing that gets magnified to outsized proportions online tho—check the replies to this

https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/1025170714616160256?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

No, see, she punted on another I/P question, so she is canceled. Sorry for the bad news, but it's for the best, surely.

The I/P thing sucks but all that really means is that we need to elect more people into congress that will back her up on it