Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zegermans posted:

hey you know how all cops are bastards?

marines are like, turbo-bastards

the word is rapists

all marines are rapists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

quote:

David Magnusson’s focus is not on the individuals, it is on the relationship. The strength, the tenderness, the domination, and all the contradictions springing from adult men seeking promises which will guide young girls’ intimate lives and their infinite need for love and protection

Each shoot takes up to an hour. That is no longer a “moment”; it is a long time to maintain intensity. Yet some of the fathers and daughters spend the hour physically clinging to each other.

Purity is a project about contradictions, love and domination, beauty and fear, relying on the very singular complexities of the photographic process.

:stonk:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Want some next level hosed up? Some fathers buy these lockets for their daughters. Its a heart shaped locket with a functioning key. The father keeps the key until the daughters wedding at which point he loving gives the key to the husband in a display of pomp and pageantry. The locket often has a note inside for the husband.

I can only expect it says something along the lines of "well she's yours now, broke her in for you. She pulls a little to the left but the front end is in great shape"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
lol there was a thread on this in GBS some time ago that had a subset of people defending this bullshit.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Imagine going all that time thinking your fiance had a cool locket, and then on your wedding day the father in law hands you that little rear end key and gives you a wink.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i remember a gibbis thread on it with pictures of the poor girls at these balls

they all looked dead on the inside

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Imagine going all that time thinking your fiance had a cool locket, and then on your wedding day the father in law hands you that little rear end key and gives you a wink.

hello 911? yes, i need a time cop, about 20 years into the past, also give me the CPS on the other side, thanks

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ah, well now I know what the whole Matrix of Leadership thing was in Transformers: The Movie

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

hello 911? yes, i need a time cop, about 20 years into the past, also give me the CPS on the other side, thanks

lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

BONE DOG posted:

Want some next level hosed up? Some fathers buy these lockets for their daughters. Its a heart shaped locket with a functioning key. The father keeps the key until the daughters wedding at which point he loving gives the key to the husband in a display of pomp and pageantry. The locket often has a note inside for the husband.

I can only expect it says something along the lines of "well she's yours now, broke her in for you. She pulls a little to the left but the front end is in great shape"

tired: a basic female sexuality lock+key metaphor
wired: dad opens 'er up first and leaves something gross inside for the next guy who sticks his lil key in there

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

tired: a basic female sexuality lock+key metaphor
wired: dad opens 'er up first and leaves something gross inside for the next guy who sticks his lil key in there

What's this in your.. what the hell?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Meanwhile, across the pond...

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1026573660067385349

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

The next Olympics should include competitive drain circling.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol, their idea of begging is blaming the other party for their own actions.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lol, their idea of begging is blaming the other party for their own actions.

The other party? They're blaming Europe lol!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Don't worry - the Tory negotiators can be very, very persuasive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUe-HcdEnzo

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

The current Tory leadership is starting to come across like they actually have a raving baby retard Trump core, just that it's under a nice stiff upper lip decorum candy coating.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Grape posted:

The current Tory leadership is starting to come across like they actually have a raving baby retard Trump core, just that it's under a nice stiff upper lip decorum candy coating.

Its just because the drooling masses still elect MP's who are all ' yes yes of course my good chap hmmm mmm yes of course' but the constituents are still a bunch of broke brained morons

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/askforcawmby/status/1026496346512142336

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grape posted:

that describes the entire conservative movement for its entire history

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1026464903341727744

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

lol mr. brexit has the best deals

in hindsight we should have cracked down on international money laundering 30 years ago, maybe then international criminals wouldn't own every western politician

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Duscat posted:

lol mr. brexit has the best deals

in hindsight we should have cracked down on international money laundering 30 years ago, maybe then international criminals wouldn't own every western politician

They owned them then, too; that's why we didn't fix it then.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the sons of liberty were a smuggling-secret-society dealie, led by sam adams, john hancock, patrick henry, etc etc

jfk's grandpa made his fortune by bootlegging

you just gotta have really patriotic criminals. the ny mob once declared that it would suspend the crime poo poo and fight for america in ww2. made men helped america invade sicily successfully

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

NotWearingPants posted:

What's this in your.. what the hell?

this little bible probably has the greatest value per cubic centimeter when you take into consideration also the relative commonplaceness of the material

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

What's this referring to?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Gringostar posted:

there was a slate article about purity balls several years ago and yeah, turns out one of the conservative dads that they interviewed got convicted for molesting his daughter

https://brucegerencser.net/2017/06/jodi-heckert-pledged-to-protect-his-daughters-virginity-now-in-prison-for-child-molestation/

Lmfai ofcourse he's in marines dress

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Yo they not even exaggerating

quote:

Specifically, they say, a no-deal Brexit would go against Article 8 of the Lisbon Treaty, which states that the E.U. should aim to “establish an area of prosperity,” including “neighborliness” and “cooperation” with nearby countries. “That’s certainly not the description of their behavior at the moment,” former Brexit secretary David Davis groused to The Daily Telegraph over the weekend. “The Lisbon Treaty requires them to come up with a workable arrangement.” Another Whitehall source agreed, telling the paper, “[The E.U.] has obligations to help us. . . . The way they are behaving is making things difficult, and if we end up with no deal we will make it clear whose fault it was.” 
Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

For the record, the thing holding the UK together this long? The civil service.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
EU better not back down, I swear.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The only thing protecting the UK from the EU is the fact that the bloodless neolibs may not slam the gas pedal down on putting them over a barrel as a warning to other countries if it means Corbyn or other "kill the rich expropriate the estates and turn their mansions into public housing" leftist becomes the next likely head of state

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dissapointed Owl posted:

EU better not back down, I swear.

They can't or they will have quite a few member countries do their own exit and attempt to renegotiate favorable trade deals.

EU has to make an example out of Britain if the EU hopes to remain a functioning government. Sorry Brit goons.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

They're all going to vote for the next aristo to say "when I said cut our dicks off I meant in a secret way that doesn't hurt. Vote for me for a painless dick free future"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

The only thing protecting the UK from the EU is the fact that the bloodless neolibs may not slam the gas pedal down on putting them over a barrel as a warning to other countries if it means Corbyn or other "kill the rich expropriate the estates and turn their mansions into public housing" leftist becomes the next likely head of state

that would certainly be something, if corbyn or anyone else used brexit as a causus belli to overthrow the current head of state, the queen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

EightDeer posted:

What's this referring to?

https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/1026592359834836992
https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/1026520677543804928

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Zil posted:

They can't or they will have quite a few member countries do their own exit and attempt to renegotiate favorable trade deals.

EU has to make an example out of Britain if the EU hopes to remain a functioning government. Sorry Brit goons.

No no it's quite alright old chap. :britain: Time for this dead, gay island to finally sink into the sea, toodle-pip!

GET ME OUT OF HERE!! :kingsley:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Ocrassus posted:

No no it's quite alright old chap. :britain: Time for this dead, gay island to finally sink into the sea, toodle-pip!

GET ME OUT OF HERE!! :kingsley:

Couldn’t you move to Canada or some other old dominion? I know Canadians can work in he UK without having to jump through many hoops, so the reverse must be true.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Couldn’t you move to Canada or some other old dominion? I know Canadians can work in he UK without having to jump through many hoops, so the reverse must be true.
Not sure that poo poo is reciprocal. The UK is probably just running off old Empire rules, which never got changed because half their political class isn't even aware that Ireland is an independent state.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If the UK government collapses without a Brexit deal, the next PM just needs to go "hey, I'm actually going to be a leader here and put a stop to this nonsense, gently caress the referendum."

We do it all the time here in the states. Free health care polls at like 60% approval, and the government doesn't give it to us, and no one's running around on fire screaming about "ignoring the will of the people." It'll be OK, just rip that bandaid off and move on with your lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PostNouveau posted:

If the UK government collapses without a Brexit deal, the next PM just needs to go "hey, I'm actually going to be a leader here and put a stop to this nonsense, gently caress the referendum."

We do it all the time here in the states. Free health care polls at like 60% approval, and the government doesn't give it to us, and no one's running around on fire screaming about "ignoring the will of the people." It'll be OK, just rip that bandaid off and move on with your lives.

I'd love to have a vote purely on Free Healthcare, erm wait... *thinks about 2016*