Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

First time in NMS for me, just finished the Awakening storyline in the starting system, is there any point or benefit to remain in this system at all? I wanted to do some free exploring before maybe continuing down the main storyline and figured I'd spelunk about on the planets in this system while building up some stuff and trying to grab some upgrades, but none of the station NPCs (or, at least, those that give missions) have any conversation options for me.

I also kinda jumped the gun and bought a scanner upgrade, mining beam upgrade, and the advanced mining laser blueprint without realizing that I need free slots in my multitool, and the only available multitool here is an A class with 24 slots that I can't afford for - I assume - a long time, so I guess I'm poo poo out of luck in this system?

Once you do have some cash to burn, you will probably want to teleport back to your starter system and buy that gun, if you don't find a system that sells S class guns first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I hate that I have invested so much into my current tool with S mods but it isn't even a very good tool (C rank 17 slot). I'm dreading finding some kind of awesome 24 slotter and having to start over. Or worse, passing up on it while I grind nanites to rebuy my mods and losing it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ToastyPotato posted:

I hate that I have invested so much into my current tool with S mods but it isn't even a very good tool (C rank 17 slot). I'm dreading finding some kind of awesome 24 slotter and having to start over. Or worse, passing up on it while I grind nanites to rebuy my mods and losing it.

You shouldn’t be grinding for nanites at all. You should be checking out the bounty mission board on every single station and just accepting anything that gives out nanites. Quests stack so you can end up with dozen of “kill X sentinels” and they ALL get completed by killing 8 or however many sentinels are needed. Same with taking photos or scanning poo poo. I just grab every quest then knock out 4-5 simultaneously while doing a story mission and blam 600-800 nanites for doing something I was already going to do anyways. I think the log window starts getting glitchy if you stack too many quests (i think like 15 pages worth of them) but I can go through them pretty quickly without going out of my way.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Visit like 10 systems (if you have the freighter, it can jump many more times per warp cell than your ship), hit the mission board and accept everything that only requires scanning, taking pictures, or killing animals / sentinels. Once you have 20 - 30 missions stacked up, fulfill their criteria which hits all of them at the same time, then come back and turn in for a few thousand nanites + other goodies.

EFB

In other news, real sad because I saw my perfect S class fighter dreamboat randomly in my main base system's station but it's a 57 mil trade in and I only have 37 :sigh: My base questing was bugged until I save edited it so I'm still pretty low down the farming tree, I'm only just starting to be able to craft poo poo to sell.

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 7, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You shouldn’t be grinding for nanites at all. You should be checking out the bounty mission board on every single station and just accepting anything that gives out nanites. Quests stack so you can end up with dozen of “kill X sentinels” and they ALL get completed by killing 8 or however many sentinels are needed. Same with taking photos or scanning poo poo. I just grab every quest then knock out 4-5 simultaneously while doing a story mission and blam 600-800 nanites for doing something I was already going to do anyways. I think the log window starts getting glitchy if you stack too many quests (i think like 15 pages worth of them) but I can go through them pretty quickly without going out of my way.

I guess that is what I mean by grinding. Going to all the stations I have filling up on missions and doing them. I would need a bank of like 1800ish to replace my S ranks when the time comes, but I have been constantly blowing nanites on suit mods so I never stack them up. I need 3 more shields for the max 6. How exactly does life support actually help? I guess it means you need oxygen refuels less often, but even with just one S rank I feel like I rarely need to refuel as it is.

Also I am spending a decent amount of time searching for salvage for base blueprints. I need 10 to unlock the glass dome. I also really need to stop questing at some point so I can fly to a Vyk system and pick up the Armorer so I can resume the base quest chain. I was hoping one of the random Vyk dudes in my Gek stations would count, and to my surprise one of them became hireable, but he turned out to be the Exocraft engineer... So now I have that before Armorer, which I hope doesn't break the quest chain. The joys of playing on an old save.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

TjyvTompa posted:

You are probably not done with the base building missions. I am pretty sure you get the blueprint for the medium and large refiners from the "scan the base computer" missions.

I don't remember if I did the base computer mission or not because I did a lot of it before NEXT. Currently the only thing I get are Overseer photo op missions every day.

I have all my workers and have done all of their quests. Now they just give me stuff randomly and mostly won't talk to me.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Missed the boring-planets chat but my main gripe so far is lack of mountain ranges. I was hoping to see some Himalayas or crazy rock formations but nothing so far in the time I’ve played. :shrug:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

If you get the thing where a worker says "I should leave this ___ alone" does they mean they are hosed and are never going to work right? I have my scientist and Overseer in a particular base, but the base is kind of bugged and they are sunken into the floor, which doesn't happen in my other base, but in the other base, they have the generic text and they don't seem to work with quest stuff. Also deleting a workstation to move it in the same base doesn't gently caress up quests right? I wanted to try moving them to a wooden building since my exocraft guy is in one and he isn't sinking into the floor.

buglord posted:

Missed the boring-planets chat but my main gripe so far is lack of mountain ranges. I was hoping to see some Himalayas or crazy rock formations but nothing so far in the time I’ve played. :shrug:

They have definitely added more mountainous terrain compared to PreNext but I haven't seen anything crazy so far. My irradiated planet as some small mountains for sure though.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

So I'm at the end of the atlas path and I think it's bugged. :( I created the last seed, activated the individual pedestals for each seed then used the heart of the sun on the main pedestal and... nothing. Am I hosed? Last night while playing with my buddy I spoke with nada and she gave me a black hole and I went through it. So does the game think that black hole was the one atlas was supposed to give to me? I really would like to complete this. Is this happening to anyone else?

This is the bug I posted about previously. There is a very convoluted fix on the steam discussion boards if you want to look for it. The fix is for "The Purge" quest. What is supposed to happen is that after you jump 16 times you get contacted by Polo who warps in the anomaly in your current system. You are supposed to enter it and talk with them and once you exit you will get the option to continue the atlas path (where you will get the option to travel to a new galaxy) or just continue exploring. The problem is that the game soft-locks when you talk with Nada and you do not get the message/option (people call this 'the purple text') after you exit the anomaly.

Trastion posted:

I don't remember if I did the base computer mission or not because I did a lot of it before NEXT. Currently the only thing I get are Overseer photo op missions every day.

I have all my workers and have done all of their quests. Now they just give me stuff randomly and mostly won't talk to me.

Do you have a quest in your list that either directs you to scan your base computer or is on a countdown? That is the quest you need to do over and over again. If you do not have this quest you need to wait for a fix, or add the blueprint using the save editor.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Raise you some more weird large creatures. I took more photos but the photo tool seems to have a mind of it's own and three quarters of them are missing. The dinosaurs, the minature alfs, the swarm of hoppy things chasing me for more food.

The cash for that first one is what you get from 3 S class scanner upgrades btw.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I found some dragons on a lifeless radioactive planet. Swing and a miss on that one scanner!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I definitely have that first one on one of my planets. I have the second one too more or less, but what is going on in that picture? :stare:

Also I really wish there was a single button to activate photo mode instead of having to fumble through a menu. I'm seriously suspecting that Sean Murray has some kind of fetish for over-complicating menus.

Edit: Goddammit it is 2018 and imgur still doesn't have a desktop app for quick uploading poo poo?

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 7, 2018

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I got tired of the "base quest being on your freighter" bug so I decided to just stay in my home system until I got the quest line finished. Prior to this I'd picked up a 24 slot A quality gun. I was running around doing manufacturing facilities for the formulas, when I was given an "Ops Centre" instead. It was guarded by two of the dog sentinels instead of the standard floating ones. Inside it had the same sort of "pick the right answer" terminal, but instead of a formula it gave me a damaged 24 slot S quality gun.

I ended up harvesting a forest to get all the concentrated carbon I needed to fix it up.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Is there a trick when looking for facilities to not have your signal booster ping one you already completed? I will find facility A, finish it, drop scan find B, fly to it, finish it, scan, and be pointed back to A. :negative: Doesn't happen everytime like that, sometimes a third might be in the mix, but I feel like it always eventually sends me back to somewhere I have been.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Davethulhu posted:

I got tired of the "base quest being on your freighter" bug so I decided to just stay in my home system until I got the quest line finished. Prior to this I'd picked up a 24 slot A quality gun. I was running around doing manufacturing facilities for the formulas, when I was given an "Ops Centre" instead. It was guarded by two of the dog sentinels instead of the standard floating ones. Inside it had the same sort of "pick the right answer" terminal, but instead of a formula it gave me a damaged 24 slot S quality gun.

I ended up harvesting a forest to get all the concentrated carbon I needed to fix it up.

They say that operations centers also can give blueprints but in all my hours in this game they have never ever given me a single blueprint. Usually it's a B-class module.
Speaking about operation centers/manufacturies. If you go to a manufactory and then use the signal booster outside of it and chose to scan without navigation data you will always get another manufactory. This only works if you do this from the first manufactory you find on the planet. This way it is a guaranteed 2 blueprints per planet if you can find one using a signal booster with navigational data to begin with.

ToastyPotato posted:

Is there a trick when looking for facilities to not have your signal booster ping one you already completed? I will find facility A, finish it, drop scan find B, fly to it, finish it, scan, and be pointed back to A. :negative: Doesn't happen everytime like that, sometimes a third might be in the mix, but I feel like it always eventually sends me back to somewhere I have been.

Once the signal booster starts sending you places you have already been just give up and switch to a new planet. Using my method posted above you are guaranteed 2 blueprints per planet which should be pretty quick to unlock everything.

Edit: There is a set list of which blueprints you can get from each species so when you start receiving nanites from manufactories you need to switch to a system with another species.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 7, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So when do the community events start and what are they? I can't find any actual information about them.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TjyvTompa posted:

They say that operations centers also can give blueprints but in all my hours in this game they have never ever given me a single blueprint. Usually it's a B-class module.
Speaking about operation centers/manufacturies. If you go to a manufactory and then use the signal booster outside of it and chose to scan without navigation data you will always get another manufactory. This only works if you do this from the first manufactory you find on the planet. This way it is a guaranteed 2 blueprints per planet if you can find one using a signal booster with navigational data to begin with.

Once the signal booster starts sending you places you have already been just give up and switch to a new planet. Using my method posted above you are guaranteed 2 blueprints per planet which should be pretty quick to unlock everything.

Edit: There is a set list of which blueprints you can get from each species so when you start receiving nanites from manufactories you need to switch to a system with another species.

Ah poo poo, I guess I am done with Gek blueprints then. I got nanites the last time I did it in my main system. I think it was mentioned (by you?) that the scan thing works on drop pods too right? I feel like I remember someone saying that they seem to be paired.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

ToastyPotato posted:

Ah poo poo, I guess I am done with Gek blueprints then. I got nanites the last time I did it in my main system. I think it was mentioned (by you?) that the scan thing works on drop pods too right? I feel like I remember someone saying that they seem to be paired.

It seems to work on everything actually.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

ToastyPotato posted:

So here's what I've seen using the signal booster. If you use the "free" option at a particular location (ruins, drop pod), it'll try to give you another similar one, but it also seems like there's a limit for the geographical area that you're in before it starts sending you in circles. If you spend a nav data, it feels like the area is a bit bigger. Regardless, if you just pack up and fly for a minute or so to a new area, you can restart the cycle.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Let's stop arguing about how samey or not samey NMS is, since that's a question I fear will never not lead to strife. More screenshots!

Interloper yourself!

This Oxygen Recycler was intalled in a more innocent time, before I got upgrade modules that do the same thing, but with completely nuts numbers -the boring C-grade module I replaced this with had something absurd like +100% already. Seriously, why would you ever use this, even if you do have a blueprint for it?

This scanning upgrade also was just a C-grade. Just look at those numbers! Not that I complain, mind you.

Also ha ha ha, this was the first and last time I trusted someone who just wanted to exchange their multi-tool with me. This early game upgrade gave me 7 instead of 5 slots, but repairing the two new slots turned out to be a pain in the rear end.

Then I later installed a S-class scan upgrade and had to run around with this lovely 7-slot fucker for 20+ hours, before I finally got to buy a second one and had the money to buy a more reasonable multi-tool.

Those aliens look at Ms. Nadhor as if they've never seen a Human. Interesting.

Merry Nadhor also used this first visit to a space station in this unknown region to get a better helmet and change the canary yellow of her suit to a more subdued color. She wanted to try some other options, but as she noticed some options would make the machinery attempt to saw her head off, she rather declined then to test what the machine would do. So no Gek-head for her!

Luckily Hello Games made the space suits bulky enough I can just keep on pretending my character is a woman. Neat!

Here I tried my hand on a third-person shot of me using the jet pack. Can you believe this was the best out of four? The PS4-screenshot tool really doesn't like sudden movements.

I kind of liked this ship, but I was still too poor to get it.

A planet with oceans? Sign me up!

My landing zone was rather close to the rings, as it turned out. Those distant silhouettes are all islands, by the way. I spend a lot of time trying to reach a coast line I didn't know didn't exist. Only more and more tiny islands.

Since the water level had always been rather shallow in NMS, I was thrilled to throw myself underwater! Here Ms. Nadhor investigates some odd underwater-plant.

My first underwater-animal in Next: Some kind of Lamprey/Worm monster. It eats small (underwater) trees. With that mouth, I assume they attach themselves to them, bite through the bark and then suck their juices, analog to how real-life lampreys suck blood from fishes.

The islands sometimes were circular, with water in the middle.

Most had zero connection to the actual ocean around the island, however. Still, some were deep enough to deplete my oxygen pretty drat fast.

Some of the islands looked more like spires then mountains from underwater.

Alien fish! I spend a ton of time trying to get to them, but most of the time they were too deep to even scan them. But eventually I got them, even with my lovely starting equipment!

I don't know if it was a bug or just plain bad luck, but there were no collectable resources (except the plants and fish themselves, obviously) anywhere. So I decided to let Ms. Nadhor move around the planet, to search for some of the larger continents I saw from space.

The planet was rather nice, after all. I just needed a place were I wouldn't eventually get marooned due to not having anything to fuel my ship.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

ToastyPotato posted:

I definitely have that first one on one of my planets. I have the second one too more or less, but what is going on in that picture? :stare:

It was floating gracefully along in the air wel above the ground. The tentacle things waving gently - it was rather creepy so I didn't hang round it long.

And now a health and safety message:

If this thing walks into your mining beam, it will become upset. Since it is upset and also enormous, you will die instantly when it stomps on you 0.0001 seconds after becoming upset. Be careful while mining because the dinos aren't.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
This isn't to cause an argument, I've just been interested in procedural generation for years and discovering how limited it is in NMS is disappointing.

Libluini posted:

"A bunch" must mean hundreds of planets, and considering I've already spend almost 30 hours on NMS just traveling around less then 5 systems without seeing this, it boggles the mind how much you would have to play for this to become true.

I'm fairly certain it's just that some people have bad luck and get some samey planets right at the start, and then extrapolate this to mean the entire game is like this. :colbert:
No. You might see your fiftieth 30-eyed jumping pineapple monster and think it's unique because it's a different colour, but others say 'oh, one of those again' and wish we could see even just a 31-eyed jumping pineapple monster. But sadly the procgen just isn't that deep.

There's a small number of prebuilt biomes, each with a small number of prebuilt assets for textures and flora. Ships, fauna and weapons are all built from a small number of prefab parts also. The procgen cobbles these things together, but doesn't do anything to create additional variety other than palette shift some textures and change the scale of the flora and fauna. This is a shame, first because the actual number of assets is very small, and secondly because systems for generating flora, fauna and other things from scratch have been around for decades (look up L-Systems, for example), as has procedural texture generation and systems to distort and modify existing models to create more variety.

The terrain gen is impressive as hell though.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I found a blue star system with no civilization, one giant ringed earth-like planet, and only occasional superheated rainstorms. Naturally I had to lay claim to it and construct my main base there.

Bonus points: its default name was Pupin Prime so my base name is Pupin Prime Outpost Alpha.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I need to kill a Sentinel Walker, which is currently impossible, because every time the armor almost drops it instantly heals to full health.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

toiletbrush posted:

No. You might see your fiftieth 30-eyed jumping pineapple monster and think it's unique because it's a different colour, but others say 'oh, one of those again' and wish we could see even just a 31-eyed jumping pineapple monster. But sadly the procgen just isn't that deep.

Yeah this is my main gripe. I feel like I've seen plenty of bouncing pineapple animals across plenty of planets already.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I need to kill a Sentinel Walker, which is currently impossible, because every time the armor almost drops it instantly heals to full health.

Same. :negative: I suppose I am suppose to damage it way faster or something. It just sucks because I can clearly kill it but I need more time and the game just resets it for no reason.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ToastyPotato posted:

Same. :negative: I suppose I am suppose to damage it way faster or something. It just sucks because I can clearly kill it but I need more time and the game just resets it for no reason.

Well it's now completely invincible so I guess that was an hour wasted. It couldn't even hurt me it just wouldn't die.

e: Hopping in and out of the ship fixed it though it's way slower on foot.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 7, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Phy posted:

Once you do have some cash to burn, you will probably want to teleport back to your starter system and buy that gun, if you don't find a system that sells S class guns first.

Okay, so that answers my last question, I'll be able to come back to the starting system at any point and grab that gun?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

toiletbrush posted:

This isn't to cause an argument, I've just been interested in procedural generation for years and discovering how limited it is in NMS is disappointing.

There's a small number of prebuilt biomes, each with a small number of prebuilt assets for textures and flora. Ships, fauna and weapons are all built from a small number of prefab parts also. The procgen cobbles these things together, but doesn't do anything to create additional variety other than palette shift some textures and change the scale of the flora and fauna. This is a shame, first because the actual number of assets is very small, and secondly because systems for generating flora, fauna and other things from scratch have been around for decades (look up L-Systems, for example), as has procedural texture generation and systems to distort and modify existing models to create more variety.

The terrain gen is impressive as hell though.

Ive been thinking about this but if there were so many configurations it always felt unique it seems like it would be impossible to ever check it wasnt generating a bunch of edge cases that were broken. Like procgen seems like little changes can have far reaching effects so you have to be super conservative you dont break anything. Like it seems like a nightmare to generate a economy out of procgen resources especially if you want it to feel like anything is possible. I mean i dont really know about this stuff it just seems like it will take a long time to come to grips with procgen. Whats the best use of procgen so far?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
My new ship has a weird bug: https://twitter.com/notecec/status/1026857162935595011?s=21

This was my cockpit view until I happened to land on and repair a frigate.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

After killing the walker the sentinel searching stopped counting down at zero and never went away so I got out and reloaded. I was on a mission to raid a planetary harvester which I did. Reloading deleted the mission.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I just want to confirm so that I don't waste time, you obtain blueprints for items on the crafting tree as in the second post by interacting with computers in Manufacturing Facilities after blowing the door off. Is it random, and is this the best way?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If I make custom rooms and install equipment in my freighter, and then buy a new freighter, does the customization magically carry over or do I lose it all?

I'm running out of different world types to build a base on, but still having fun carving supervillain hideouts into the sides of mountains. If I can find an ocean with actual rocks in it to mine chlorine and salt, I'll have to experiment with an underwater base next. And then it'll be time to actually start traveling since Times Warped is my lowest milestone marker. Or else spend a few hours making ridiculous amounts of money to buy that freighter.

I also noticed a dumb release bug still exists: I saw an S rank ship with full slots land nearby but I couldn't afford it and it left. Later it showed up again: same name, same appearance, still max slots, but now it's an A rank with lower stats and buying price. I guess hunting for S rank ships means you better have the money to get it the first time you see it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

parabolic posted:

I just want to confirm so that I don't waste time, you obtain blueprints for items on the crafting tree as in the second post by interacting with computers in Manufacturing Facilities after blowing the door off. Is it random, and is this the best way?

Yes but you also get blueprints as quest rewards from the base scientist NPC.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

ToastyPotato posted:

Yes but you also get blueprints as quest rewards from the base scientist NPC.

Awesome, thanks!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Some blueprints only come from the base computer quests (unlocked after a ways into the Artemis quest line). Those include the medium refiner and the landing pad, so if base building is your thing don't forget to do those.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got a crashed freighter quest on a toxic world. I start the quest, set a refiner down to get pure ferrite, and hop back in my ship while I wait. Hopping in the ship deletes THAT quest too. What the gently caress? At least I can still loot the cargo I guess.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Well I finally found the last animal I needed but when I scanned it, it didn't give me credit. It also shows up as 'abandoned object' when you look at it with the scanner. Then another animal showed up that discovered and scans properly so now I'm at 10/9 and it still shows 8.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

parabolic posted:

Yes. You can also get blueprints from base scanning mission and the science console but to get all blueprints you must visit the manufacturing buildings, there is no other way. Also there is a set list for each species so once you stop getting blueprints from 1 species systems you need to switch to another.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Well I finally found the last animal I needed but when I scanned it, it didn't give me credit. It also shows up as 'abandoned object' when you look at it with the scanner. Then another animal showed up that discovered and scans properly so now I'm at 10/9 and it still shows 8.

I'm not sure about the abandoned object part but one extremely irritating thing is that different animals can have several different types of "animals". If you put down the scanner immediately after scanning an animal it sometimes says "Animal scanned but it is of the same species as one I already scanned before" or something like that. Think of it like first scanning the puppy and then the full-grown animal and the game counts them as different animals but not different species, which is what you need to scan all "animals". Yes, it's confusing, annoying and frustrating. It was waaaaay more common at release to find these kind of duplicate animals so I thought they had been removed but I got one yesterday so....

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

1.54 is out on PS4

quote:

Hello everyone,

We are continuing to focus on safely addressing the highest priority issues reported by the community. As always, thank you for playing the game and taking the time to report any issues you encounter!

We have now released update 1.54 to PC, which includes the fixes detailed below. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes:

Fix for crash while reloading mission markers from save
Fix for issue where invalid characters could be inserted into a save, causing it to fail to load
Switched to using lockless small block allocator for physics to reduce memory footprint
Fix for occasional crash when looking up data about substances in UI pages
If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,

Hello Games

Nothing too significant but hey, stability updates. :shrug: